Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2014, 06:32 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dcmike
Stats: 300/232/200
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: June 2, 2014
Hungry after eating, not before?

I have been doing induction for about a month now (Atkins 72) and have this weird thing happening - I usually approach a meal feeling like I don't want to eat, but should because it's breakfast/lunch/dinner time. I am not hungry and sometime feel like I have to force myself to eat. A huge change that I never thought I'd complain about!

Then, usually about an hour after I eat, I get hungry. It usually lasts for an hour or two then goes away, so that when I'm ready to face the next meal, I'm not looking forward to eating again.

Anyone else experience this? Any tips on how to handle the hunger?
dcmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2014, 04:25 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
1. Need to know what you're eating??
2. Break the habit of eating by a clock. Your stomach is your new clock and try to just eat when it tells you. I know many times around 5 or 6pm I'm thinking it's time to eat and have just learned to wait till my tummy tells me it's time but I always try to get something in before 8pm, even if it's a light meal. This doesn't happen everyday but try to pay more attention to your body than the clock.
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:49 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

So, here's a typical day yesterday:

Breakfast around 5am - Two egg omlette with sausage and 1oz shredded cheese.

Snack around 10:30am - .5 oz cheese and 2-3 salami slices

Lunch at noon - chicken salad with mayo (just the canned diced chicken, a little mustard, 2 tbs of mayo)

Snack at 3pm - .5 oz cheese and 2-3 salami slices (hard Italian salami, not lunch meat)

Dinner - 10oz salmon, cooked in olive oil, with salt, pepper, and dill.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:04 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Your menu looks really good but me thinks you need a little bit more fatty protein, maybe a rib-eye or a few back ribs. Your doing Atkins right?? Your menu almost looks a little like a "low fat/low calorie diet. I think you need a good hunk of beef or pork or something. Read the labels on canned meats for high sodium and hidden sugars. Sorry, but they put sugar in darn near everything!!! Good fats and protein is what keeps the hunger away but for the most part you're doing great. If you weighed 150 then I'd tell you not to change a thing but I feel like you could increase a little. Remember, calories are not an issue right now.
This is just my personal opinion.
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:28 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Bonny Jean! I'll try upping the fat a bit!
Old 07-13-2014, 05:29 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
dcmike! I find that I suffer from what is called "I'm only hungry when I put FOOD in my mouth" syndrome and not before. So I only eat once late in the day because I have portion control issues and I like to feel "full" when I'm done eating. I tried eating more often without success... everyone has to do what works for them for this WOE to be successful. Wishing you much success on your personal journey!

Jo =]
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:37 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Jo!! I've actually cut out the snacks and that seems to have been helping.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:06 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmike View Post
Thanks Jo!! I've actually cut out the snacks and that seems to have been helping.
For me personally, I didn't know what real hunger was. Before, was I eating because it was "lunch" time or "dinner" time; or did something else (like food commercials on tv) spike my desire to eat?? Now I eat because I have to nourish my body and yes, I'm pretty hungry by then.

So I think that is real hunger for me. I could snack/graze all day long if I let my hair down and let loose -- but it's so not worth it to me and what I've accomplished to date!

BUT you've gotta remember on this LC WOE, you are ALLOWED to eat (legal foods) when you are hungry and stop when you are not. You don't want to be miserable doing this or you won't do it for the long haul!

By the way, I live on that canned chicken you mentioned earlier -- it is so good and I love drinking the broth before I pour the chicken chunks on my salad!
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote