Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2014, 05:30 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chyrie
Stats: 214/198/115
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: 6/14/2014
Back on Track!

So last week (the 14th) I restarted Atkins and am trying to stay in ketosis.
I do have a few rules for myself which does differ from Atkins induction. I allow myself a little yogurt if I want it each day. My yogurt is full fat fage yogurt which is 9 carbs a cup....I eat betweeen 1/4th a cup and 1/2 cup a day. I do not allow myself any artificial sugars in exchange as I feel that artificial sugars mess with the blood sugars and I am concerned about diabetes.

I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes but I'm not sure about how true is was since I was eating grain and sugar free. I slipped from the grain and sugar free first from the hospital stay (hard to get enough fat and stay grain free) and then from the first hectic days of having a baby where all I had time for was a peanut butter and jelly.

I know I have a cheat day coming up next month (anniversary) so if I'm tempted to cheat I think of that.

I am now (3rd day today) doing Shred it in 30 days level 1. I am still doing it modified and have trouble getting through anything that requires me to jump. I am exercising in a compression body shaper. I am committed to it even though it's difficult.

I am nursing my 12 month old through this. I see no problems with it as I can tell my milk supply is fine. I know sometime during my weightloss journey he will be weaning.

I am looking forward to having more energy and strength plus being smaller. My little boy is only 19 lbs but I can't hold him for more then 20 minutes and I get tired so easily. My belly goes past my boobs when I sit too....huge especially since I'm a DD cup.

My previous loss with Atkins was 40 lbs but something (or someone) convinced me I couldn't eat that way when pregnant...so I ate "normal" for 7 months of trying to conceive then 3 months into pregnancy until I smartened up on my diet as I saw the scale start to raise. (I gained 50 lbs with my first two and I was committed to that happening) I gained 30 lbs back before I got pregnant and the other 10 plus an additional 4 first do to the first 12 months of nursing without low carb then a lot of fast food while moving (we bought a house)

Last edited by Chyrie; 06-23-2014 at 05:34 AM..
Chyrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links