Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2014, 08:47 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nmcowgurl
Stats: 245
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/11/2012
Anyone else feel depressed?

For some reason today I feel really fat. I don't know why I haven't gone off the way of eating and everyone says they can really tell that im losing but I just feel depressed and fat. anyone have those days?
nmcowgurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2014, 05:18 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kay9
Stats: 432/197/200
WOE: Atkins (DANDR 2002)
Start Date: August 27th 2013
not so much depressed but i do have days when i still see my 400+ lbs image in the mirror. Just as much a mental body image journey as a physical one.
kay9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:03 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Carri23
Stats: 220/207/135
Start Date: 03/01/2014
Yes, I get depressed ...even when I'm doing well ...not sure why ...it comes and goes ...I think mine is just wrapping my mind around the new WOE
Carri23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:47 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Maybe not "clinically" depressed, but I sometimes get a little down or bluesy.
It always passes, or has so far.
For me the best remedy is a distraction, a walk or a really good book usually works for me.
My pets are also good at giving me an attitude adjustment. They are delights.
But I think your feelings are normal, just try to accept them and move on.

p.s. Yesterday I was having to buy new clothes since my older ones were in danger of falling off.
Good eh? But all I saw in the mirror, despite my smaller size, was my flabby skin and remaining excess fat.
But today I am feeling much better. Sometimes negative feelings come seemingly unbidden, but give it a while and I find they will shift.

Last edited by Patience; 06-20-2014 at 02:50 PM..
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:40 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Neener207
Stats: 220/189/145
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: June 22 2014
I am so with you today. I keep thinking "how did I get here". When I was 30 I was in the best shape of my life, slim and fit. I worked out, I ate well, I cared about myself. The last 15 years I let it all go.

I am a stress eater. I have a stressful job and my only child is leaving for college in less than 2 months. His application process included auditioning, it was the most stressful experience so far in my life. Excuses? Sure, but it is what it is.

I am basically sedentary. I have a busy office job, I rarely stand/walk. I get no exercise at all. Planting my garden and flowers this season nearly wiped me out.

I like beer...period I just like beer. I'm not an alcoholic, I never drink to excess but even a few are wasted calories/carbs.

I am a snacker, popcorn, chips, nachos....you name it I'll snack on it.

I am on day 5. I realized by reading this site yesterday I didn't follow 72 correctly I had too many carbs for induction. Today I did follow the guidelines.

I just feel sad, I want to wake up and this to be over.
Neener207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:17 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Beer, and later wine, made me fat. Total denial.
Alcohol is really a depressant . . . so that buzz is shortlived.
If you can give it up, at least for a while, that may be a key to weight loss.
It was for me.
Beer sort of calls out to pizza, nuts, chips, nachos, too.

I think your mood may lift after a while. Hang in !!!
Old 06-20-2014, 05:26 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Neener207
Stats: 220/189/145
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: June 22 2014
I gave it up. I'm to the point I will do this. I'm no longer healthy, I can't do the things I enjoy. I can't keep up with my family/friends. I have a niece and nephew that I love too death (4 and 6) and I can't enjoy a day with them without being exhausted. I'm miserable and I am the only one that can change that so I am. I also gave up diet pepsi I was drinking waaay too much of that. I tried this lifestyle a while back and I notice sweetners stall me so I am trying to give all that up and eat clean. I've had one diet mt. dew every day since I started on Monday, then water the rest of the day/night. I think I'm ready to give up the mt dew too. I knew I would feel pretty bad detoxing from all the carbs, I didn't want to add caffeine withdrawal to that.

Thanks Patience.
Neener207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:06 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nmcowgurl
Stats: 245
Start Date: 5/11/2012
Thanks guys I do feel better just that day I just felt like the michelen man. IM doing much better today and I feel so much better that to me its worth it. when I eat bread I feel so horrible. I don't want to feel like anymore. I have a wedding Im in in September so I want to look my best that I can in this amount of time. Hang in there everyone we can do this.
nmcowgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:24 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Neener, I don't do artificial sweeteners either. Well, to be completely honest, I do have a ginger root beer zevia, once a month or so. I know what you mean about caffeine, as I do get that fix from coffee. I am not ready to give up coffee and can't see that I will in the foreseeable future.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:28 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

nmcowgirl, September is still a good while off, so you can really get this low carb thing working for you. But you get there one day at a time.