Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2014, 07:24 AM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HockeyMum
Stats: 139/128/118
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
Vanessa, firstly, welcome. Secondly, a friend of mine did the run a minute, walk 5 minutes thing a number of years ago. He lost 150 pounds and we didn't recognize him when he rang our doorbell one evening. It took him a year or more, and of course a change in eating habits, but the transformation was amazing. I hate running, okay, any exercise, but I wish I had the discipline to do it. Good luck to you.
HockeyMum is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2014, 07:31 AM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vanna1970
Stats: 165/156/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 1, 2014
Wow! That's amazing! I'm hoping to be able to get it in gear like that. It will be a little more difficult now that my almost-seven-year-old daughter is out of school for the summer, but hopefully I can get a run in before my husband leaves for work in the morning. My ultimate goal is a 5K. Maybe a Thanksgiving Turkey Trot.
vanna1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:43 AM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Vanna, Welcome! Your running routine sounds like what I do. Whatever works right? When I was in the 200s, I ran/walked two 5ks. The key is to pick some fun ones. The first one involved zombies chasing us. I figured that we give me more motivation to keep going. LOL It was fun and I'm now hooked. We're going to do a mud run in Sept and then the Color Me Rad again. My daughter is 8 and she really wants to do Color Me Rad.

Hockeymum, So glad to see you again! Your life sounds so exciting right now! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your son. Dh loves hockey and its starting to rub off on me.

Sandy, Sending hugs and prayers! Tooth pain is the worst so I hope you are getting some relief for the abscess.

Bonny-Jean, I hope you're better today too! You are doing wonderful with your losses! Look how far you've come!

James, I have a love/hate relationship with technology. I hope you can get those computer issues resolved soon.

I'm not sure what I think about the meds yet. I'm on the generic form of Aldactone which acts like a diuretic but also can make you a bit sleepy. I'm trying to find the right time of day to take it. Do I want to be woken up several times a night running to the bathroom or do I want to be sleepy all day? Its supposed to help with my hair issues but not enough time has passed to see if there is any difference.
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:08 AM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
ahhhh I'm at work; it's freeezing in here. The morning should be quiet.
I cleaned out my refrigerator and freezer yesterday and now they;re both almost empty!
Found a lot of mysterious flour - probably almond flour? and threw it all away. Frozen cheese? really? what was I thinking? Lots of condiments, too! I tend to keep spices and condiments forever, but they all went yesterday. That was a good feeling!
DairyQueen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:57 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GyspySixpence
Stats: 194.8/150.8/Restart 174.2 CW: 143.8 GW135 (5'3")
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: June 5, 2012/Restart November 29, 2013
June weight goal: 140. And to remain consistent with my walking (I've walked almost every day for the last 3 weeks).

June 1: 145.4 (walk/arm weights)
June 2: 144.8!!!!!!!!! (walk)
June 3: 145 TOM (a bit of stroll lakeside with DH, but not a real walk like we usually do).
June 4: 145 TOM (walk/arm weights)
June 5: 145 TOM (did a ton of physical work at my mom's to replace walk)
June 6: 145 TOM (walk/arm weights)
June 7: 144.8 (walk/arm weights)
June 8: 144.6 (walk)
June 9: 144

I will do arm weights later today. Walk is iffy as my legs are wicked sore today and it poured all night and it's supposed to rain off and on for the rest of the day. I might just call it as a rest day.

This week will be crazy busy as Wednesday is our 26th wedding anniversary (or sometimes we call it our 2nd anniversary since it will be the second post-stroke). And early Friday morning we leave for NYC for my cousin's wedding. We'll be back home Sunday evening. I cannot wait! It's going to be a lot of fun and all of the family I love the most will be there. Working on a packing list so that we forget nothing that we want to take. It's a lot more difficult to keep the list down when you have to bring fancy outfits for various functions! Normally, I am very low maintenance and can more than everything in a small overnight bag. Only thing left to do is find a tie for DH. His shirts will arrive tomorrow, so I am waiting for them so I can find tie(s) to match).
GyspySixpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:56 AM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogMom View Post
Bonny-Jean, I hope you're better today too! You are doing wonderful with your losses! Look how far you've come!
Oh I'm fine dear, thanks for asking. Just a little blue is all.

I'm really hoping these meds are gonna help you, if not, it may be a trial and error I guess but I'm hoping your current regiment will see some positive changes for you!
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:28 AM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/158.6/149
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Finally out of bed, dh called the doctor out yesterday so started antibiotics and even after only three of little pills I actually feel alive if you know what I mean lol not like I am going to die, he said it was poisoning my system....also he has given me the name of a clinic so can get the surgery I need......Hockeymom so nice to see you back you were missed, you are right about the English dentists which is why I just decided suffering was better, they want to take two good teeth out when the problem isn't even the teeth but something that got implanted and broke off in the gum and has created a channel in my gum which causes abscesses, so I just need surgery to have this thing removed.....since being back in England about 3 years they have already taken three teeth out that didn't need removing, one of them they pulled when the anaesthetic hadn't worked and even though I was yelling as much as I could he just pulled, it was really traumatising.....anyway sorry for the to much info lol......just wanted to have a moan, but its great being up and about a bit today, so still not completely better but getting there....whoop whoop.
I heard the weather this past week has been really hot but today when I finally got up the cloud quickly came out that really made me laugh lol......anyway hopefully will be able to start posting more.
I did actually weigh myself this morning and was 149.4
Bonnie sending you a huge warm hug, feeling blue is horrible....I used to feel how you do when my sister would visit in Canada and then after a few weeks she would leave this huge hole in my life again, I know what you are going through....

Will post more soon, still feeling a bit crappy.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:36 AM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: justme_sara
Stats: 210/186/150
Start Date: March 2014
Morning All (afternoon to some..)

took me awhile but finally read through all the posts from over the weekend!!

Badda- sorry your computer is jacked, that really does mess with one's life doesn't it!

Vanessa - Hope you can get down to your 155 mark this month!

BDMom- HUGE finger wag (to quote BonnyJ) I REALLY dislike people that have a way of putting others down. I'm sending her a ninja throat punch this very second

Mtrgoose - we finally got a chipotle here in our little town!! Thinking of having it for lunch today actually..

Hockey - nice to meet you!! I've read/heard lots about you over the course of catching up on these boards. Hope your schedule slows down a bit so you can relax.

DQ - how amazing is your life?! Monday's seem to come way too fast these days don't they?!

Sorry if I left anyone out, there's so many of us!!

Still sitting @ 186.6 but ate off plan a bit this weekend. Back on plan today and hoping to see a loss on the scale tomorrow. Exhausted today Had severe storms ALL night last night. Our root cellar isn't safe for us to go to yet (mold & flooding issues) so I am working on cleaning out DD extra closet for a makeshift "safe room" for us when these things hit. DH thinks I'm a looney for wanting to have a plan & be prepared (72 hour emergency kits, blankets, having a storm plan etc) because he say's "Our house is over 100 years old & has stood this long, so we'll be just fine!" but I'm a planner & need to be as prepared as possible ESPECIALLY since our DD came along (she's almost 2 now) but I can't seem to get that through his head.. any ideas from anyone?!

Hope everyone has a great day, stays on plan, and see's losses!
justme_sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:04 AM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
sandy - i was cringing so much that i could barely finish your post (teeth)!
sara -- i feel the same way - i read and read and think of things to ask or say - and by the time i've finished reading, I've forgotten what to say to whom!!
My life isn't amazing- just WAY TOO FULL.
DairyQueen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:57 AM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Hi Sara, thanks for the comment. And Bulldog, it is exciting for us right now with our son. My husband was on the way to being a pro hockey player but he tore his ACL at 14 and back then surgery wasn't what it is now, so while we are thrilled for our son, we also are painfully aware that there is life after hockey, and our job is to prepare him for that too. I hope I don't sound like I'm bragging, because if you knew us in person you'd know everyone says we never do. I guess because I always worry I'll jinx him. Our DD inherited her dad's knees and had 4 and a half hours of surgery last year, which went really well and she's had a full recovery. We make an effort to keep both kids grounded and I have deep gratitude for all the blessings in my life.

Sandy glad you are on the mend, and Sara, good luck with your planning for a disaster, hope you will truly never need it, but even where we live there are signs saying to have 3 days of water etc. on hand, which my hubby laughs at too, but you never know right?
Old 06-09-2014, 11:57 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogMom View Post
Vanna, Welcome! Your running routine sounds like what I do. Whatever works right? When I was in the 200s, I ran/walked two 5ks. The key is to pick some fun ones. The first one involved zombies chasing us. I figured that we give me more motivation to keep going. LOL It was fun and I'm now hooked. We're going to do a mud run in Sept and then the Color Me Rad again. My daughter is 8 and she really wants to do Color Me Rad.
What a blast! I might run faster with zombies chasing me too! LOL!

There is a Halloween 5K here, and you can dress up. That might be fun! And we just bought my daughter a couple pair of running shorts and she said she's going to go running with me this summer. She loves to run, so I bet she would love to do that 5K with me!
Old 06-09-2014, 12:00 PM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyspySixpence View Post
J

This week will be crazy busy as Wednesday is our 26th wedding anniversary (or sometimes we call it our 2nd anniversary since it will be the second post-stroke).
Twenty-six years! I thought you were like 20! You look amazing!

And, sorry if this is too personal, was it you or your husband who had a stroke? I have a friend in her forties who had a stroke this year, and it's so scary. I'm sorry you've had to go through that.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:36 PM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LilacBruze
Stats: 272/231.2/175ish
Start Date: 7/19/2014
Hi everyone!

I was going to wait until July to join the challenge, but there's no better time than the present, right?

May I join you now, please?
LilacBruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:19 PM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Lilac, you'll love it here. And by July you'll already be ahead of where you'd be if you waited! Hope that makes sense
Old 06-09-2014, 01:48 PM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Bonny. Sorry you're feeling down. Totally understand and I'm here for you!
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:14 PM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Bonny-Jean sorry you are feeling blue. I stopped by the big nursery near my house today looking for Elephant Ears and Banana plants, but they were SO expensive, will have to look at Walmart or Home Depot tomorrow... I was thinking of you while I was there and admiring all the beautiful tropicals, then I realized I was walking around with a big smile on my face. Maybe if you spend some time with your plants you'll feel a bit better? Sending hugs.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:24 PM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilacBruze View Post
Hi everyone!

I was going to wait until July to join the challenge, but there's no better time than the present, right?

May I join you now, please?
Well, there she is!!! Join right in!!! Glad you left the dark side...j/k!!! I'm j/k y'all!!
Old 06-09-2014, 02:30 PM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMum View Post
Bonny-Jean sorry you are feeling blue. I stopped by the big nursery near my house today looking for Elephant Ears and Banana plants, but they were SO expensive, will have to look at Walmart or Home Depot tomorrow... I was thinking of you
I get my Elephant Ear bulbs from Brandon and I'm on 3rd generation now but I've never seen banana??

Lindberg Seeds in Brandon, MB.
I think they have a website. Good prices and they ship anywhere in Canada.
I think I saw EE at Walmart once but the bag was full of bugs!!
Their email is:

lindenbergr@lindenbergseeds.ca
Old 06-09-2014, 02:41 PM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Bonny-Jean, off to order them right now!
Old 06-09-2014, 02:46 PM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
09 June

Afternoon Folks:
to the madness or should I say the light?
Sandy1: perhaps you should come back to Canada & get that thing fixed right? Ouch. I'm surprised your DH hasn't snapped yet watching the pain you must be in.
Justme_Sara: time to update your stats line...currently at 186
HockeyMum: nice to see you back. Your still busy with Hockey?!
Baddabing: really, what happened to the computer? When my computers have problems, I immediately start looking for what new programs the boys might of loaded.
Bonny-Jean: Ok, I must of missed something Mosquitoes interfering with the yard work?
Gypsy: did you read that link I gave you?

Ok, I'm being summoned to make some gravy for supper. Have a good evening folks
CdnPaleoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:04 PM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Bonny!! Hope I gave you reason to smile!!

The dark side has BACON!!

MtherGoos - congrats on losing HALF of you!!

My goal this month is not so much a weight one, but to just get back in the swing of true '72 eating. I haven't done LC in over 3 years, and I am fresh off 2 months of HCG. I figure by the July challenge, I'll have my wits about me and have a weight loss goal for the month.

Hello to everyone!!
Old 06-09-2014, 03:12 PM   #232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sandy, I'm so sorry!!! I can't imagine what you must be going through! Tooth pain is the WORST!!!

Welcome Lilac and thank you!!!! So happy to have you join us! Personally, I LOVE the 72 version, it's just so simple and effective.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:31 PM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GyspySixpence
Stats: 194.8/150.8/Restart 174.2 CW: 143.8 GW135 (5'3")
Start Date: June 5, 2012/Restart November 29, 2013
Vanessa, thanks for your kind words. I'll be 45 in August. DH had a massive hemmorhagic stroke December 21, 2012. He came very, very close to losing his life (he was 43 when it happened). It was very scary. We were "lucky" that the stroke was in the right side of his brain so his speech and language weren't affected. He did have to have brain surgery, feeding tubes, tracheostomy and all sorts of other lovely procedures. 19 days in the ICU with a drain in his brain. And then 16 days at a rehab hospital. And then a few months of outpatient cognitive therapy. He has had an amazing recovery. He's almost back to normal. He still tires more easily than he used to and he has short term memory issues. He makes new memories, but is not always sure of the timeline of events-but he remembers the events. He loses his car in parking lots on a regular basis. Things that are frustrating and annoying to him (more than to me). His long term memory is fine. If you didn't know he'd had a stroke, you would never know it when you met him. He actually took a walk on the lake road where his dad lives a couple of weeks ago and met some neighbors he hadn't seen since he was a boy, they said to him "Oh is it your brother that had the stroke? How is he?" He said he just smiled and said "Nope, that was me!"

Sandy, I am thrilled that you've gotten antibiotics and are on the mend! You just cannot mess around with them. My sister's stepson nearly died from an abcessed tooth. He had to be in the hospital on IV antibiotics!

Welcome, Lilac!
GyspySixpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:32 PM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnPaleoGuy View Post
Bonny-Jean: Ok, I must of missed something

What do you think you missed??

Mosquitoes interfering with the yard work?

Nope! Only 2 bites so far this year!!
Old 06-09-2014, 03:34 PM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilacBruze View Post
Bonny!! Hope I gave you reason to smile!!

Yes, you did! So glad you decided to join us. You'll love the people here. I'm sure your other group is great too but we's the greatest! LOL.

The dark side has BACON!!

SO DO WE!!!
Old 06-09-2014, 03:40 PM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Sandy, HockeyMum, Mthergoos, BulldogMom, Lilac... what an awesome bunch of ladies you are. You're so caring and I'm touched (not in the head, in the heart)
Anyhoo, thanks for all your heartfelt wishes. I've spent most of my life this way so I won't be pouting for long. Thanks again!
Old 06-09-2014, 03:40 PM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

Hahahaha, I'm a dork. HCG does not allow bacon. I was thinking THIS was the dark side you meant, and that I was happy to be here because y'all have bacon. That's what I get for reading on the fly at work with a minimized screen.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:49 PM   #238
Senior LCF Member

can't find EE on that website? I also looked for Taro, Alocasia and Colocasia (the formal names) What do you order them as Bonny-Jean?
Old 06-09-2014, 03:49 PM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well Bonny.......... we may be a LITTLE touched in the head too, but no complaints here.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:49 PM   #240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lilac, Bacon!!!