Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2014, 08:28 AM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme_sara View Post
Good morning everyone!!

Vessel - What does a daily menu for you look like? You have amazing will power to keep on such a clean menu, it would be super hard for me to stay on plan without my tuna, pepperoni, or occasional diet soda - hugs for you my friend!

Hope everyone has a great day & stays on plan - check back later
I did not obsess last night. I am also still awake. I need to go to sleep so I will not eat any more. Night shift stinks.

a little over 1600 calories.
CALORIES CARBS FAT PROTEIN
Breakfast
Make this meals foods a grouping copy this meal to another day Add a food
Steak - Chuck Tender Steak, 12 oz ⊗ 360 0 11 60
Cucumber (peeled), 1 stick (4" long) ⊗ 1 0 0 0
Butter, unsalted, 2 tbsp ⊗ 204 0 23 0
Mayonnaise, regular (mayo), 1 tbsp ⊗ 90 0 10 0
Coconut Oil, 1 tbsp ⊗ 117 0 14 0
Jello brand sugar free jello, 1 serving ⊗ 10 0 0 1
Cheddar Cheese, 2 slice (1 oz) ⊗ 228 1 19 14
Egg, fresh, whole, raw, 2 large ⊗ 144 1 10 13
Egg, fresh, whole, raw, 2 large ⊗ 144 1 10 13
Butter, unsalted, 1 tbsp ⊗ 102 0 12 0
Butter, unsalted, 1 tbsp ⊗ 102 0 12 0
Redi-Whip Whipped Cream, 2 tbsp ⊗ 15 1 1 0
smithfield bacon 2 slices, 1 serving ⊗ 80 0 6 5
smithfield bacon 2 slices, 1 serving ⊗ 80 0 6 5

Last edited by vessel of prayer; 06-05-2014 at 08:29 AM..
vessel of prayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2014, 09:12 AM   #122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Morning! I'm sitting and waiting for my son to get done with Senior Pictures! *sob* how did this happen!? Lol

June Goal- -4 lbs!
June 1st 167
June 2nd- 166
June 3rd- 166
June 4th- 166.6
June 5th- 166
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:39 AM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
I just got back from the dr appointment. At first, my dr felt like I was in pre-menopause. I kept repeating that I felt like this was all related to my pcos but she kept brushing me off. She suggested that I be on hrt and testosterone and do weight watchers. I once again reminded her that I have PCOS and I already have too much testosterone. She left the room to go write-up the prescriptions and when she came back into the room, she had changed her mind about everything and said something about reading the lab results wrong (some were handwritten). So she decided to put me on a low dose bcp and aldactone. She still said to call weight watchers.....not going to happen. LOL I'm not sure if I should push the issue of being on metformin since my glucose levels are fine and I'm eating very LC anyway. I've read where the metformin could still help PCOSers even if they're glucose levels were normal. But I'll give it a month and see how I feel and how my body responds before deciding on calling an endocrinologist for another opinion. So not a great appointment, but I did get what I wanted in the end. I am a bit confused about whether she believes that I'm pre-menopausal since my family dr felt that I wasn't.
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:43 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vessel of prayer View Post

I love olives. I also gain around two to three pounds after eating them, or sauerkraut, or pork rinds, or hot wings (even homemade if I use the hot sauce) I cannot eat any deli meat at all, no pepperoni, no salami, not even tuna. If I do, I have a week of highs.... No diet soda either. No beer, even ultra light... but it's so good!! So here I am, going to try to do natural as much as possible to see if I can get the rest of this weight off me.
You sound just as bad as me! LOL I can't do pork rinds, hot dogs, pepperoni, cream cheese or anything too high in sodium. Bacon doesn't seem to bother me though thank goodness!
Old 06-05-2014, 11:01 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: justme_sara
Stats: 210/186/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2014
BDmom - so sorry you're having such a bad experience with your Dr Have you gotten a second opinion?

Freddy- This semester I am actually the Food Service Director for a public school here in Tx. For the last 6 years I was a college culinary arts instructor @ a community college - so I'm a little shell shocked right now because I'm used to being out by the first week of May! We start school @ the end of August - our school year is 180 days so it's gonna be interesting!

We had pizza today for the early release lunch, I had 2 pieces =( but that's ok, I'll be able to work that off this evening..

Hope everyone has a good rest of the day -
justme_sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:12 AM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/129.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
BullDogMom, I'm sorry you didn't get quite the answers you were looking for, but maybe what she gave you will help. Hopefully you will start to feel better soon!

CaliMom, we're only 5 days into the month and you're down 2 pounds already!!! That's awesome!!

I haven't weighed lately, but I haven't really changed my eating either, so I'm not worried. My food is exactly the same as when as I was in weightloss mode, but I have added exercise and almond milk in. I'm working out for about an hour every night, and having 1 glass of almond milk, because I know that I really need the calcium. I don't know if I'm losing any more, but I do feel like my body is still changing and maybe toning some. I know I'm still losing inches because one of the few places that I do measure when I want to measure is where my bra band goes. It's been right at 32, and it was 31 there this morning, so something is still shrinking! LOL I didn't measure there when I started, but I know that the bras I was buying were a 44 band, and they were too small but I stretched them around me anyway because they were the biggest ones I could find. Sad, but true.
250 ~ Weight I need to be under to Zip Line in Vegas with my daughter! Made it! 6/4/13
240 ~ Weight I need to be under to go SkyDiving with my niece! Made It
225 ~ Halfway There. 75 Down, 75 To Go! MADE IT! In just under 6 months!
199 ~ Onderland Here I Come! Made It!! 11/7/13
166 ~ No Longer Obese - Made it 3/14/14
150 ~ Ultimate Goal, Half my body weight gone Made it! 5/23/14
MtherGoos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:54 PM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
hey michelle! please don't use tanning beds-- the FDA last week finally announced stricter rules on them-- saying that they pose serious health risks.

FDA calls for cancer warning labels on tanning beds - Videos - CBS News
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:23 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GyspySixpence
Stats: 194.8/150.8/Restart 174.2 CW: 143.8 GW135 (5'3")
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: June 5, 2012/Restart November 29, 2013
June weight goal: 140. And to remain consistent with my walking (I've walked almost every day for the last 3 weeks).

June 1: 145.4 (walk/arm weights)
June 2: 144.8!!!!!!!!! (walk)
June 3: 145 TOM (a bit of stroll lakeside with DH, but not a real walk like we usually do).
June 4: 145 TOM (arm weights)
June 5: 145 TOM (did a ton of physical work at my mom's to replace walk)

So exhausted. Four and half hours of dragging out furniture to the road for people to take. Emptying cupboards and packing stuff and getting things ready and staged for the second round of movers.
GyspySixpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:33 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
BullDogMom, I'm sorry you didn't get quite the answers you were looking for, but maybe what she gave you will help. Hopefully you will start to feel better soon!

CaliMom, we're only 5 days into the month and you're down 2 pounds already!!! That's awesome!!

I haven't weighed lately, but I haven't really changed my eating either, so I'm not worried. My food is exactly the same as when as I was in weightloss mode, but I have added exercise and almond milk in. I'm working out for about an hour every night, and having 1 glass of almond milk, because I know that I really need the calcium. I don't know if I'm losing any more, but I do feel like my body is still changing and maybe toning some. I know I'm still losing inches because one of the few places that I do measure when I want to measure is where my bra band goes. It's been right at 32, and it was 31 there this morning, so something is still shrinking! LOL I didn't measure there when I started, but I know that the bras I was buying were a 44 band, and they were too small but I stretched them around me anyway because they were the biggest ones I could find. Sad, but true.
Thanks MtherGoos! I did want the bcp because that will help get the hormones back in line. The aldactone seems to be hit or miss with PCOS depending on what you want it to do. I don't have skin problems and it seems great for that. Mixed results on helping with hair loss.

I can't wait to see and hear about your results a month from now. I'm talking with women who have gained weight but look like they've lost 20 lbs because they've finally toned up. Some of them did monthly weigh-ins so they wouldn't get discouraged also.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:54 PM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Bulldogmom I thought you were going to have to knock your Dr upside the head! Talk about Not listening to you! Wow!

DQ I could Not agree with you More! I was at the derm yesterday having a Pre-cancerous place frozen off my Nose!
One of my cousins wives is 24 and has delt with Melanoma 3 Times now! Tanning is Not worth that risk! I use the Jergens natural glow lotion and it works Great.

My niece had a wreck today. Thank God she's Ok! And that she was in a Big Ford explorer! It had been raining and she hit a patch of water and slipped a bit and it scared her and she jerked the steering wheel and over corrected and flipped into the ditch. Scared us all to Death!

"Normal" BMI 8/30/13!
45 Lbs Lost! 10/07/12
50 Lbs Lost 10/23/12!
55 lbs lost 1/24/13!
60 Lbs Gone 6/20/13
*Quit Smoking Jan 5th 2014!!*
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:57 PM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

BulldogMom, at this point I'm really enjoying the journey. And I'm doing the same thing, just leaving the scale alone for now. I know I'm not really doing anything to make me gain. I'm sure I'll be on it several times a month, but probably only on days where I "feel skinny". LOL

Shelly, glad your niece is Ok! That is scary! How is your dad?

I have to admit, I'm TERRIBLE about tanning! I don't use tanning beds, but I'm a freak for sitting in the sun. We take the boat out on the lake during the summer, so I spend more than my fair share of time in the sun and usually have a pretty nice tan at least half of the year. I do have native American ancestory, so I tan very easily and almost never burn, but my daughter tells me constantly that I'm just soaking up cancer.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:04 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/244/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014
May 31 - 284.7
June 1 - 282.6
June 2 - 281.3
June 3 - 280.2
June 4 - 280.0
June 5 - 280.3

FatFreddy - Daily weighing can suck sometimes, but I like to be able to look back and see that it is common to lose some and then skip around that number for a little bit before you lose some more. Just keep doing what you are doing and the scale will, in its own time, go down!!

DQ - Nice drop!! I agree with the whole tanning thing--I'm so over that anymore!

Justme - Yay for the pound!!

Baddabing - Computer problems-----yuckie!!

Calimom - Woohoo! You are doing really well so far this month!

Princessmommy - Those 18 years really do just fly by!! Glad your niece is ok!

BDmom - Hope you get things figured out soon. It is frustrating when your Dr won't listen to you.

MG - I am back here cheering your success at maintaining on!! Watching and taking notes so that I have some clue as to what to do when I get there!

Gyspy - I ache just thinking about all that work! Moving is not for sissies!!

Where's Bonny and Sandy?

I went out to eat with my older son for lunch today. Had a bacon cheddar burger at Longhorn on a Caesar salad. Yum Yum!! Probably won't be hungry for dinner now.

Have a good evening everyone!

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Kimbersh47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:36 PM   #133
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Fatfreddy
Stats: 285/179/160
WOE: Zone/paleo/optimal/Atkins
Start Date: Zone-1999/others-2012
Thanks kimber!
Justme, your schools are about two weeks behind us. Makes for a blistering hot last few weeks, huh?
Fatfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:26 PM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bonny, where are you this afternoon? Missing you and hoping you're not sitting there being sad because your cousin is gone. Come and talk to us, we'll keep you company!
Old 06-05-2014, 05:22 PM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /148 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Ah, you're such a sweet, sweet person.

I'm okay. First day back at work kinda thing. I told my cuz when I dropped her off that this time next year not only would I be saying goodbye AGAIN but my ds and his gf will probably be moved out and chances are my dear puppy will have left me as well!!! Not looking forward to next year!

I am grateful you are such a caring, giving and sincere soul.
Love Ya MamaG.
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:24 PM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbersh47 View Post

Where's Bonny and Sandy?
Well thanks Kimber but I did sign in this morning and also wondering where Sandy went???
Old 06-05-2014, 05:51 PM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Love you too Bonny!!!! And who knows, maybe that will be our year to meet up and hit the road for a Thelma and Louise trip! You just never know what the future holds!

Sandy, we miss you when you're gone!
Old 06-05-2014, 05:57 PM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Funny you say that cause I told Gwen (cuz) that you and I are gonna have to plan a weekend getaway one day but when I told her where you lived, I said I'd have to go visit in January or I'd cook down there!!! One day we will have to do this. I haven't been on a plane or left Manitoba in 29 yrs. and my son is 28 so what does that tell ya!!

Last edited by Bonny-Jean; 06-05-2014 at 05:58 PM..
Old 06-05-2014, 06:28 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
World gone crazy

Wow, I was going to boast about the scale reporting 248 but the news the past day or two just makes me happy to still be breathing!
What the heck is going on in Seattle & New Brunswick?
My DW & I have a theory that all the sugar & crap dietary practices are causing the problems but that's just IMHO

Good working out at the gym tonight: 20' on the elliptical, unfortunately the guy beside me smelt like he was related to a lizard
Then hit the weights for a full body workout.

Bonny-Jean: do you need a hug because your cousin is gone?
Sandy1: hope your tooth/gum/mouth problem isn't causing you so much pain to keep you away?
CdnPaleoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:51 PM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnPaleoGuy View Post
Bonny-Jean: do you need a hug because your cousin is gone?
Thank you and actually I do but more for Moncton than me!!
Old 06-05-2014, 09:03 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
Start Date: 1/27/2014
OK well I did not get it all done as planned. You wont see that from me very often. I forgot regular shoes and gym shorts so my option was to do spin, which I had everything to do and then lift in bike shorts and dress shoes or push weights to tomorrow after Fridays spin class. I chose the second option.

Since I got home early I had a chance to finally answer justme_sara question. so here we go.

When I was doing a keto diet AKA Atkins 72' I found this protein mix.

As you can see it is Zero carbs. it did not knock me out of ketosis. Also comes in MANY flavors. I am still using this one because it takes a while for me to get through it. It is delicious.

Later I added another one that was cheaper and a little higher in carbs. Even higher because I drink it using almond milk.

Wonder if this will be blocked.

Survive
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:14 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogMom View Post
You sound just as bad as me! LOL I can't do pork rinds, hot dogs, pepperoni, cream cheese or anything too high in sodium. Bacon doesn't seem to bother me though thank goodness!
I must have done something right. Had a 1.5 pound drop over night.

I think the three days making sure of my fats/protein rations were adjusted... YAY for what ever. l o l. Oh I also bought some tuna for salad for the week. We shall see.

Last edited by vessel of prayer; 06-05-2014 at 09:25 PM..
Old 06-05-2014, 09:34 PM   #143

Back to say, seeing they won't let me edit again, I had bacon last night and I guess it did not bother me too much. Shelly, glad your niece was ok. That was scary.

I wanted to get on here and really get into the posts, but my little grandson is starting to wake and he will want his bottle. I will try again later.

Last day of school tomorrow so I will be able to go to sleep by 9 am I hope instead of 1 pm.
(I babysit) long story....
Old 06-05-2014, 10:05 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shrinking
Stats: 263/172/155 5'8"
Start Date: December 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by vessel of prayer View Post
what are hhcg drops? tia
They are homeopathic hcg here's the link that explains the program

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/hc...-protocol.html

It's tough but helps me get rid of the weight quite fast. I'm looking at Atkins for a lifestyle though!
Shrinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:30 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 5'4" 178/150.6/128
WOE: modified Atkins nutritional
Start Date: April 16 2014
June 1 158
June 2 158.2
June 3 didn't weigh in
June 4 157
June 5 156.6

Spent the day playing with the gators in the everglades. We had a great day and in the morning we are all headed to Bush Gardens. I feel like a tourist on vacation. Unfortunately I have to be back to work on Saturday night.

This is a late post and I will weigh again in a few hours.... I have been good considering that I have guest. I did have a few cocktails low carb of course. I will back to the straight and narrow very soon. I hope for at least a few good choices at Bush.
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:18 AM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
Morning everyone!
Yesterday was long...work and then the recording studio until 11pm.
Today, it's work and a gig.
Hope everyone has a great day!

June 1 142.3
June 2. 141.5
June 4. 144.1
June 5. 142. Whew!
June 6. 142.3
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:38 AM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Morning All

RCMP triple cop killer arrested late last night. Too bad the little coward gave up!!

Nothing new in my personal life. Still dancing around that same pound but hopefully the next few days will be better. Congrats to all who see drops today!!

Sandy: Where are you girl?
Don't make me come looking for ya again!!

June 1..... 166.2
June 2..... 165.8
June 3..... 164.9
June 4..... 164.6
June 5..... 164.8
June 6..... 164.2
Old 06-06-2014, 06:47 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: candypickletoes
Stats: 220/190.8/140
Start Date: April 8, 2014
Hi everyone! Yesterday was a crazy day, my youngest graduated high school and I was crazy all day and forgot to post!

June 1 - 197.8
June 2 - 197.6
June 3 - 197.0
June 4 - 196.4
June 5 - 197.0
June 6 - 196.0

Happy Thursday everyone!
candypickletoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:48 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: candypickletoes
Stats: 220/190.8/140
Start Date: April 8, 2014
See, I even think it's still Thursday...No...Happy FRIDAY everyone! LOL
candypickletoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:47 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
Start Date: 1/27/2014
Morning all, got a busy day ahead of me. wearing one of my skinniest shirts I own today. Tight around the arms snug around the chest loose around the tummy. I am good with that.

Have a great day.
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote