Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2014, 05:54 PM   #571
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Thrift store lack men's clothing cause a lot of men just can't let things go!!!
Now, I didn't say ALL men but seriously guys, that underwear didn't get all
stretched out and holey cause you're willing to toss them out!!!
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2014, 06:04 PM   #572
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/231/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Love the avatar and quote Bonny!!

Agreed with the men and their underwear! My DH always wants to know what was wrong with the ones he had when I bring home some new ones! LOL
He wears his shirts til they are falling apart and always wants me to patch up his jeans. Socks are a whole new issue!!
Kimbersh47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:15 PM   #573
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LilacBruze
Stats: 272/231.2/175ish
Start Date: 7/19/2014
CPG - hope you have a lot of fun at the concert tonight!! I wanted to see my favorite band play this weekend but the show is 3 hours away and no one wanted to go with me.

I do agree with men not wanting to let things go. While DH was in Iceland, I got him brand new socks, underoos, dress pants, and dress shoes. On his day off, I asked him to go through his drawers and get rid of the old stuff. He fought me on it because they were "still wearable". Faded, stretched out, maybe with holes... and he considered them "still wearable".

I'm not saying that Chicago is the center of the fashion world, but we have a lot of yuppies, preppies, and fabulous dandies. I just scored a gorgeous light green argyle IZOD golf sweater for DH for $1.49 - he took one look at it and asked me what I had been smoking. I do try to play dress-up with him once in a while, but he shoots me down almost all the time. He is a very casual dresser.

Bonny - that avatar always makes me giggle.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:09 PM   #574
Major LCF Poster!

Why does everyone disappear when I post? I showered today, I swear!!

Re: the reselling on the 'bay site. Bleh. I used to do the exact same thing until I got burned big time. I resold a Coach purse, gently used. I listed the ONE scratch it had and the ONE loose stitch in the description and attached photos of BOTH flaws. It sold for a very cheap price of $35. I upgraded the shipping to FedEx overnight on my dime. I wrapped it lovingly and packaged it well. The buyer left me negative feedback because... drumroll please... it had a scratch and a loose stitch!

After that, I swore never again. Which was sad, because I've made a pretty penny selling there in the past.
LilacBruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:53 PM   #575
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Fatfreddy
Stats: 285/179/160
WOE: Zone/paleo/optimal/Atkins
Start Date: Zone-1999/others-2012
You all are correct that us guys hang on to stuff forever. I've got clothes much older than my 9 yo, lol.
I've only had negative feedback once, but I survived.
Chicago does have great stores. Was sorry to see Filene's close.
Fatfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:00 AM   #576
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 5'4" 178/149.6/133-128
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart Dec 8 2014
June 1 158
June 2 158.2
June 3 didn't weigh in
June 4 157
June 5 156.6
June 6-8 ???
June 9 155
June 10 153.8
June 11 153.6
June 12 153.6
June 13 153.6
June 14 153
June 15 153
June 16 153
June 17 152.6
June 18 153.
June 19 152.6

Bonny I love the coon!
Good morning to all happy Thursday.
I was good and logged everything yesterday and came in under 20 carbs didn't even need to look at net. I did make a loaded baked cauliflower casserole to have with dinner that was 8 carbs a serving but OMG good! I tweaked it a little and added a shredded zucchini and turnip cut back the cheese a bit and added extra bacon. It was a hit with DH as well. It made a 9 x 11 pan so I froze most of it for another day. It seemed to decedent to have every night.
Calories were under 1300 for the day. It was a good day. I will keep logging and hope for some progress.

I have not been logging, in the past I became overly obsessive. I lost a bunch of weight and then burned out. This time around I am going for a much more relaxed approach. I do not want to do this again. I like the aspect of logging my weight daily to remain accountable and I love to pop in here when I drink my coffee or tea. But I used to carry 2 calorie count books with me and spent more time logging and getting exact counts then I spend at the gym now. Lol I go 3 to 4 days a week for about and hour when I lift and only 45 minutes more if I add in cardio. I would rather get that done at home.

Now I am hoping for some good finds at the thrift shops. Although losing a few more inches first would be nice......
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:09 AM   #577
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
Post Concert

Well that was a blast. Should of brought the binos as we thought that the big screen might be on for those in the higher sections to see close ups.
Anyhow, they did lots of their old stuff: all recognizable tunes then the last 1/2 hour did a tribute to Led Zeppelin
Nice way to spend an anniversary
I thought either Lilac or Fatfreddy would have a little advice about selling their finds at the thrift stores but didn't see anything?
BTW, what band did you miss out on Lilac?
Leanne: are you permanent night shift? Have you given kettlebells a try? There is a woman named Tracy Reifkind who lost 120 eating home cooked meals & doing kettlebells swings in under a year!
Bonny-Jean: I can't tell what the raccoon is carrying?
CdnPaleoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:45 AM   #578
Major LCF Poster!

Morning All

Leanne: You're doing so good.

CPG: It's a cat! I'll attach it to the message, then you can open it and see better.

Nothing new again except woke to a cramp at 3 am and when I peaked outside saw my new arbour install laying on the city sidewalk so ran outside to drag it closer to the house. I don't think anyone did that I just think the legs weren't set low enough into the ground so I'll have to look at that when I get home but they're forecasting 4 days of rain so God only knows!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------
May 31..... 164.4
June 1..... 166.2
June 2..... 165.8
June 3..... 164.9
June 4..... 164.6
June 5..... 164.8
June 6..... 164.2
June 7..... 163.4
June 8..... 162.8
June 9..... 162.4
June 10... 162.0
June 11... 162.2
June 12... 161.8
June 13... 161.4
June 14... 161.2
June 15... 162.3
June 16... 161.8
June 17... 162.4
June 18... 161.3
June 19... 161.1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lose a Cat.jpg (24.4 KB, 15 views)
Old 06-19-2014, 05:52 AM   #579
Major LCF Poster!

CPG - I don't have any advice for selling as I stopped after that nutjob left me negative feedback when she was unhappy with something I full disclosed. That was at least 5 years ago. That wasn't the SOLE reason I stopped selling but it was the last straw. The 'bay sure ain't what it used to be. I started back in '99 and it actually used to be fun then. You'd start your items at a penny and it'd be kind of exciting to see what it would end up as. People were actually nice to each other. Two things I've sold still stand out in my mind today. The first one was a HUGE lot of my daughter's old clothes. They were mostly thrift-store finds but all name brand and great condition and the box sold for over $250. I had spent MAYBE $50 total on the items. The second was a bunch of boutique-y perfume samples that I had spent maybe $65 on and the whole thing sold for $332. I actually felt bad for taking that buyer's money but my DH said nobody forced her to bid so high.

All in all though, with the fees that were charged, the whole uploading photos, writing descriptions, packaging up to ship, waiting in line at the post office, etc... it just became less fun and more like... well, like WORK. So I stopped.

My favorite band is a group of local boys made big - they are Chicago-based and started by 3 brothers (only 2 remain in the band). They are called Chevelle. We're kinda proud of them... their new album (I'm old school, lol, I still call them albums) debuted at #3 on Billboard this year. I remember them playing local gigs almost 20 years ago and fame has not changed them much... yet.

We've gotten about 2 inches of rain here since yesterday afternoon. My garden is happy.
LilacBruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:26 AM   #580
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HockeyMum
Stats: 139/128/118
Hi everyone! had another crazy week, and just finished catching up on all the posts. This is long but I haven't posted in over a week, so forgive me

James, glad you're back online, I do all the computer stuff at our house and boy is it frustrating sometimes...
Leanne, I still log most of my food most of the time, it keeps me honest
Bonny-Jean, sorry your arbour fell down!
MG, hello again, missed your daily encouragement when I wasn't here
Kimber, Congrats on your losses, you are doing great
CPG, enjoying the humidity? Holy crap it's been brutal here in Toronto!
Lilac, I loved your stories of your rescues, Brownie's story was so sad, glad he's found a home with you, and his photo with the "smile" was adorable!
DQ, (I think) I used to go to my cottage for the whole summer with my kids, can't do it anymore as they come back and forth to the city to train for hockey and they'd starve if I stayed up there. I'm jealous you get to spend 2 months at your cabin.
Sandy, hope you are okay and I'm thinking of you.
Sorry to the couple I've missed, Freddy, and I know there's one or 2 more..... if I go back I'll lose all this....lol.

I was busy painting 200 wine glasses for a fundraising golf tournament on Tuesday, on my way there I hear the forecast of "tornado warning" for the town I'm driving to, in my convertible, with 200 glasses packaged so nicely in the trunk and back compartment (no back seat in it). 4 golfers get hit by lightning on a course less than an hour away.... anyhooo, our tournament is okay, except we only get 64 golfers instead of 100 so I have 36 pairs of glasses left over (I only charge them for what they use, it is a charity). Go out for a drink with one of the guys from the organizing committee, park outside a bar with the top down on my car and come out to see someone stole my GPS. Stupid me, I didn't lock it in the glovebox. I still haven't told DH, he'll be mad. It's 5 years old but I live by it because we travel so much for hockey, off to buy a new one at Costco.

My DS graduated high school last night (hurray, did not expect him to pull it off as he is back and forth between Michigan and Ontario for hockey) but he worked really hard these last few weeks and the teachers at the private school he's at (on scholarship, thankfully) were so helpful. My DD was MC of the evening and did a wonderful job, so I was proud of both my kids. And I wrapped up a ton of the leftover glasses and gave them out as teacher and staff gifts, two birds with one stone and all that.

Anyway, have a ton of orders to paint so gotta run. Staying on plan and still at 128, determined to be 125 by next Friday when we fly to Philly for the NHL draft.

Have a great day everyone.
HockeyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:17 AM   #581
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: candypickletoes
Stats: 220/190.8/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 8, 2014
Bwahahaha Bonny-Jean, love love love the coon!

HockeyMum - I'm a hockey fan too though I'm a fan of a team Canadians probably chuckle at...the Caps! Is your son aspiring to the NHL?

Horrible, horrible storm last night, it had me up for 30 minutes...there was a period of lightning strikes that kept my room illuminated for a full 4 minutes, no wonder Ben Franklin got curious!

Anyway:
June 1 - 197.8
June 2 - 197.6
June 3 - 197.0
June 4 - 196.4
June 5 - 197.0
June 6 - 196.0
June 7 - 195.2
June 8 - 15 DNW carbication
June 16 - 198.6
June 17 - 196.6
June 18 - 195.4
June 19 - 194.0

Happy Thursday everyone!

~Candy
220/190.8/140 (I will most likely lower my goal once I hit 140)
If it is to be it is up to me! You are an artist and life is your canvas - make it beautiful!
Heart attack on 7/27/13 - early detection = 0% damage to my heart! Know the signs, they may not be exactly what you think. When in doubt, check it out, go to the ER.
candypickletoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:16 AM   #582
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/27/2014
Today should be an easy day. I am planning on not going to the gym at all this week. Some twinges in joints etc that I want to get to heal. The only exception was last night. I went to Aqyua Pilates with my wife and found out my instructor is in New Orleans so we had a sub.

I work in geriatrics and we do lots of "movin and grovin, rang of motion etc with our residents and I would have to say we work them twice as hard as the lady worked us last night. I thought I was being punked. I left a very good show for that workout! O well, at least I can say I absolutely did not over exert or really exert at all myself. The eye rolls that the class shot back and forth to each other were plentiful.

Bonny-Jean - It is not that we don't want to let the underwear go. Its more like we don't want to go to the store and try to find a brand / style that we know we like only to find out that it does not exists anymore so now you have to pick from several packages of which all cost too much and guess if it is not only the right size but will actually fit correctly!

Your resale site became unusable when they went from people getting rid of old stuff to the by my new stuff at this price only situation. I would rather just AZON with free two day shipping and no pretending.

Survive
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:18 AM   #583
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
Hello everyone!! I was going to go out to lunch with my BF today but I'm stuck at work and I'm unhappy!! i guess i'll find a food truck after Pres. Obama speaks. ugh.
In other news, a black bear is in a tree outside NIH in Bethesda, MD. hahah our affiliate (local channel 9) has a helicopter out there and a cameraman shooting pix!

WOW i found a recipe for a WHOLE roasted cauliflower that sounds deeelish! the photo was pretty stunning, too. I should try it tonight after band practice!

hockeymum i'd love to see pix of your glasses!

June 1 142.3
June 2. 141.5
June 4. 144.1
June 5. 142. Whew! ,
June 6. 142.5
june 7. 142.25
June 8. 142
June 10 142
June 13 141.5
June 14 141
june 15. 140.75
June 16. 141.75
June 17 142
June 18 142
June 19 141.5

First started Atkins April 1, 2002.
Lost 40 pounds back then and maintained for almost 8 years...then carb creep crept. I've always been low carb, but went hard core again in March 2012.
Hey! You don't have to drink all that water!
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:28 AM   #584
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddabing View Post
Bonny-Jean - It is not that we don't want to let the underwear go. Its more like we don't want to go to the store and try to find a brand / style that we know we like only to find out that it does not exists anymore so now you have to pick from several packages of which all cost too much and guess if it is not only the right size but will actually fit correctly!
Really James..... all the guys I know haven't shopped for underwear since the day AFTER they got married!! My gf's bring the gitch home but the boys won't open the new packs until the old ones disintegrate. Well, those in my world anyway!
Old 06-19-2014, 11:35 AM   #585
Junior LCF Member

Hey CPG, the real trick on selling is to look for the brands that hipsters will buy. Made in America brands have had a real resurgence. Woolrich, redwing, etc. basically stuff that isn't made in east-Asia will have a much higher resale. I'm selling a Barbour brand coat on the bay right now that I know will go for a nice amount even though Tarjey has equally good ones. I would have liked to have heard the zeppelin tribute.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:48 AM   #586
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Hi Everyone! Well the scale finally started moving again for me! 148 yesterday, and down to 147.2 today. Very excited. A couple more pounds and I'll start adding a few veggies back in.

Bonny, I'm so sorry your day got off to such a rough start.... again! Looks like you hit a new low today, so at least that's something good to come out of your morning!

DQ, yeah I'd be annoyed at having to cancel my plans too! I'm not a big fan of cauliflower, but my BF really likes it. Let us know how that turns out.

HockeyMum, it's also great to see your posts! Stay the course and you'll hit that 125!

Hope everyone is having a great day! I'll post more this afternoon.!
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:59 AM   #587
Major LCF Poster!

WOW.... look at you go MamaG!!! Yep, never cease to amaze!
You bf must be salivating. So, so happy for ya, hon.

Today I just had enough with that new a/c at work. I put it to back to 72 where the engineers originally set it and this one guy in the office keeps dropping it to 69, and again this morning!! That was it, told my boss I'm going home cause I just can't warm up. I'm actually going to the dr today about my leg cramps and being cold all the time. Maybe something's actually wrong with me but I honestly doubt it! Knock wood.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #588
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bonny, so glad you're going to find out about the leg cramps! We'll all be waiting to hear! I've had the problem of being extremely cold for a long time! Even at 300 pounds I would be freezing all the time! Finally figured out it was part of my thyroid problem. Hopefully your Dr can give you some answers.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:23 PM   #589
Major LCF Poster!

Well, 6 or 7 months ago, I did have my house at 68 or so but that would be crazy now! I could understand this problem if I was underweight but I'm not so we'll see. I used to turn the a/c to 72 and lately my house has been 78 some nights and it didn't bother me a bit. Go figure, eh?
Old 06-19-2014, 02:35 PM   #590
Junior LCF Member

Interested to learn about thyroid issues. I'm always one degree colder than average.
I decided to take steps to help steel myself against the cold and started to experiment with cold thermogenesis. I'll turn my shower to the coldest it will go. I could only stand it for 30 seconds in the beginning but I'm pretty much immune to the cold now. Kind of a out-in-left-field concept and not for everyone.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:39 PM   #591
Major LCF Poster!

Eeewww, Freddy......... that's kind of severe. Don't think I could do that. I actually get a little mad if I'm TOO cold so don't think I'd go there!
Glad it's helping you though.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:41 PM   #592
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Sandy ... how are you doing???? Not sure you're online but just know I/we are thinking of you!!

BulldogMom, Shelly, Michelle............ where are you guys????
Old 06-19-2014, 02:42 PM   #593
Major LCF Poster!

OKAY, OFF TO SEE DOCTOR DELICIOUS!! CHAT LATER.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:20 PM   #594
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Waiting to hear Bonny..............

Freddy, you are a BEAST! LOL I could never do that. I hate being cold. I'm quite happy here in the desert of Arizona where it reaches over 120 several months of the year.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:53 PM   #595
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
Doc Delicious?

Have fun at the Dr Bonny; hopefully you get some useful news.
Hockeymum: humidity? We haven't been hit hard yet but I'm sure it will come.
FatFreddy: no worries about me joining the growing sea of sales folks on ebay or amazon; I have no idea what people are interested in or fashion for that matter.
Your cold water experiments remind me of Tim Ferris & his bath full of ice.

Not much to report here; managed to survive the day on 5 hrs of sleep. Pork chops for supper & green beans then off to the gym.
CdnPaleoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:25 PM   #596
Junior LCF Member

I came to the cold stuff through Jack Kruse but I would imagine bio hacker extraodanaire Tim has a protocol on it. Kruse is very polarizing (see what I did there?), but if even half the stuff he writes is true then very smart.

MthrGoos you are the beast for being able to thrive in the desert!
Old 06-19-2014, 05:42 PM   #597
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/231/149
Start Date: January 2, 2014
May 31 - 284.7
June 7 - 280.6
June 10 - 279.1
June 11 - 277.9
June 12 - 276.6
June 13 - 275.1
June 14 - 275
June 15 - 273.6
June 16 - 273.1
June 17 - 273.1
June 18 - 275.5
June 19 - 274

Leanne - You are doing so well this month with your losses!

Hockeymom - I would love to see your painted wine glasses.

Candy - I LOVE a good light show!

MG - Congrats on your drop! You may get down to 140 yet!

Bonny - I'm still a hottie==My hubby teases me that it rains in our doorway when he comes in as the cold front from inside our house collides with the hot humid air outside! Waiting to hear what you learned at the Dr today.

Freddy - I don't know if I could do that whole cold shower thing. I have my water so hot that I come out of there looking as red as a lobster. But then I can swim in the ocean when the water is only 60 degrees. Go figure!

I was happy to see that I am down 1.5 lbs today. I am so glad that I weigh every day and then have a program that graphs those weights. It seems like I drop a good amount and then bump up and then drop some more. Love to look at my graph to see the downward trend.

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Kimbersh47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:44 PM   #598
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Waiting to hear Bonny..............

Freddy, you are a BEAST! LOL I could never do that. I hate being cold. I'm quite happy here in the desert of Arizona where it reaches over 120 several months of the year.
Well, had an x-ray and the tail bone is fine so it's all about the lack of ass. Oh well. He suggested a donut cushion and I just howled like that's gonna happen. We both laughed!
The blood and such has to wait till I see him again on July 3rd.
I guessed my blood pressure at 120/72 and told him it was only 110/68 before I came in here. I think it was actually 121/74 so still good!!

Image the middle brother of Zac Efron and George Clooney. Best way I can describe him. Just picture what I gotta deal with!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zac-efron-.jpg (22.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg George.jpg (21.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-19-2014, 05:53 PM   #599
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Uh..... I think I'd be going to the Dr every day!!!!
Old 06-19-2014, 05:53 PM   #600
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMum View Post
My DS graduated high school last night (hurray, did not expect him to pull it off as he is back and forth between Michigan and Ontario for hockey) but he worked really hard these last few weeks and the teachers at the private school he's at (on scholarship, thankfully) were so helpful. My DD was MC of the evening and did a wonderful job, so I was proud of both my kids.
I can certainly see why you'd be so proud of your kids. They sound amazing. Kuddos to your dd for pulling off her MC job!! And give that boy of yours a pat on the back for me for working so hard getting to his grad and a scholarship to boot!! Job well done Mommy!!!