Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2014, 06:29 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezer1031 View Post
I'm going to the grocery store today what should I have in my cart?
Any kind of unprocessed or pkg'd meats, eggs, hwc or Silk Milk of your choice.
Coconut or olive oil (I personally prefer coconut), some mayo
Hard block cheese (if you need cheese)... no slices or processed cheese.
For the occasional treat maybe some sf jello or pork rinds for salty treat
That's all I buy so it's pretty easy. This of course is my list as I'm doing
Atkins '72 Induction. Hope that helps!!
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2014, 08:18 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
I'm here and ready to put May in the past. Yesterday was my first paddle boarding lesson and I LOVED it! None of us fell in but my friend who was brave and doing a yoga pose, almost lost it. LOL Our instructor took us into a marshy area where a baby copperhead came out of the weeds and wanted to hitch a ride on my board. Thankfully the snake didn't like me anymore than I liked him so he dove under the water. But he was 6 inches from my leg when he decided to leave. Too close for my comfort. Its definitely a good workout. My legs feel like jello.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg paddleboard3.jpg (79.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg paddleboard1.jpg (59.2 KB, 14 views)
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:41 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
Morning everyone!!!

Another beautiful day! I'm cleaning and maybe going to a movie. Just watched last nights game of thrones...i squealed at the end!!!

June 1 142.3
June 2. 141.5
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:21 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GyspySixpence
Stats: 194.8/150.8/Restart 174.2 CW: 143.8 GW135 (5'3")
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: June 5, 2012/Restart November 29, 2013
Looks like another beautiful day here today. I love it when the sun is shining! We'll definitely be walking later on today. I was hoping for another .2 in loss this morning so it would be an even 50 pounds of weight loss (well really it would be about 74 pounds after that pesky regain of 24 pounds after DH's stroke). Oh well!

Kimber, we're moving to Florida!

June weight goal: 140. And to remain consistent with my walking (I've walked almost every day for the last 3 weeks).

June 1: 145.4 (walk/arm weights)
June 2: 145
GyspySixpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:22 AM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Fatfreddy
Stats: 285/179/160
WOE: Zone/paleo/optimal/Atkins
Start Date: Zone-1999/others-2012
DQ- brutal GofT!

June2-179
Fatfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:36 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/158.6/149
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Sorry for not posting....another few days silly mouth will be better, not weighing right now, hope pain pills aren't to fattening lol....be back soon.
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:36 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyQueen View Post
Morning everyone!!!

Another beautiful day! I'm cleaning and maybe going to a movie. Just watched last nights game of thrones...i squealed at the end!!!
I'm not sure what exactly I expected at the end, but I couldn't have imagined that!
Old 06-02-2014, 09:42 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

So my previous post was a bit premature...I was oil pulling when I wrote it and after I was done with that and brushing my teeth, I had to pee. I thought "Hmmm...I haven't actually consumed any liquids or food yet today, I'll hop back on the scale." 144.8!!!!!! That's 50 pounds from my highest! If anyone needs me, I shall be dancing around my neighborhood and screaming like a lunatic!

June weight goal: 140. And to remain consistent with my walking (I've walked almost every day for the last 3 weeks).

June 2: 144.8!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2014, 09:45 AM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Calimom
Monday

June 1: 185
June 2: 184

I'll take it! Happy Monday!
Calimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:51 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: candypickletoes
Stats: 220/190.8/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 8, 2014
Bonny-Jean - Thank you for preaching, I don't mind it a bit. While I've been struggling with how I"m going to handle my vacation and I feel a great deal of relief that I've decided I'm simply going to enjoy myself. The consequences are something I'm willing to suffer for 5 days (unless I feel sick, then I will be right back on track, I don't want to be sick). I don't intend to go crazy, I fully intend to keep exercising but realize that the result may very well be an added 5 - 10 pounds. I'll get to my ultimate goal eventually, I'm not in a huge rush, this is going to be my forever lifestyle....including throwing caution to the wind while on vacation every time I go so I suppose I should get used to it. An indulgence every now and again is very important for my overall success. A vacation seems like the perfect excuse.

Oh...and bungee jumping is completely out of the question! I don't have height issues, I have fear of dying issues! LOL

~Candy
220/190.8/140 (I will most likely lower my goal once I hit 140)
If it is to be it is up to me! You are an artist and life is your canvas - make it beautiful!
Heart attack on 7/27/13 - early detection = 0% damage to my heart! Know the signs, they may not be exactly what you think. When in doubt, check it out, go to the ER.
candypickletoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:07 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Candy: I'm a little leery about being responsible for my own death!!

Well, you sound like you've got the "mental" aspect of this woe down!! I agree that sometimes if we are willing to take that little "detour" and are willing to live with the consequences, then so be it. Again, this is to be a learning and lifelong lifestyle and if a person can be okay with a potential slower loss then it's all good. Sometimes life does get in our way, a little. Meh!!
Old 06-02-2014, 12:44 PM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ziggaki
Hello! Happy June!

Sandy1, really hope you feel better, had an abcess tooth a couple of months ago, oh the pain!

I think im going well on the diet. My scale is not showing good results(edit:It shows different results, ive tried it on different tiles , still), its a digital one and cheap also. Any ideas on this? Im a little constipated (meat and eggs "fast"), so i went and got me some hibiscus herbs and boiled them , im really excited about that! Anyone knows if they have carbs? Its not processed, meaning not in a teabag or anything, its just dry hibiscus flowers, i boil it in water and then i drain it off (are those the right words?)

Thats about it on my updates.
Trying not to watch GofT, waiting for my boyfriend to catch up! and everyone is spoiling it on facebook! arghhhh!!!!
Ziggaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:02 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: justme_sara
Stats: 210/186/150
Start Date: March 2014
Hello all!

I've been lurking around on these boards for a few months now, have made some good friends over on the JUST MEAT board & finally decided to take a stab at a challenge, so here I am!

May was a rough month for me, so back on strict clean eating so far for June- not weighing until at least Wed. for me - Love the cheers and support you all give each other, hoping it helps me stay on track!!
justme_sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:36 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
Start Date: 1/27/2014
Yesterday went all wrong! We went to the pool got sun etc and it was great. Except I could have done with less clouds but I am not picky. Picked up some skirt steak and decided to grill and chill on the deck. I bought a bottle of scotch of which was a new brand because I am determined to figure out the complexities of it all and why some cost so much but anyways…..

It was a long evening so I had three drinks which for me is nothing, especially over so many hours. Well apparently this was supper scotch because I got wasted and, I’m told, went on several rants about whats wrong with society, complained endlessly about my burnt belly, and complained that September was way too far away for a vacation. None of this I remember. I did not make it in to work as planned and am still feeling the effects. My wife, who has never seen me drunk because I never get drunk said she was happy that I am not a angry mean drunk and was mostly amused until she was annoyed.

Todays plan - Fully recover, eat on plan, try the CRX class I have been putting off trying tonight and possibly cardio if I have the energy left.

Fatfreddy – When I got out of the Marine Corps I told myself I would never run again. Turns out running can be fun if your being forced to do it. The Marathon is more of a I want to do it so I can say I did it kinda thing. I don’t see making a career out of it.

BulldogMom – Yikes, I do not like snakes. Any kind

Survive
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
02 June

DQ: I know you're not going to believe this but I didn't watch GofT last night & my DW hasn't told me yet what I missed
Bulldogmom: I'm with Baddabing, I would have had a heart attack seeing that snake coming towards my board. Mind you, I may have tried hooking it with the paddle so I could fling it further away.
Kimbersh47: the potluck went great! Unfortunately, not a lot of newcomers came out & there were a few items that weren't low carb but it was fun.
Gyspy: back. Condolences on all the losses you've been experiencing.
aboard FatFreddy & Justme Sara. Freddy; follow this WOE long enough & you'll be changing your nick in no time
Sandy1: I had that too when I was a young pup; dentist did a root canal & must of screwed up as I ended up getting the tooth yanked. Hopefully your luck & dentists are better!
Baddabing: what was the name of that Scotch? I've had the same thing happen to me just having a watered down glass of wine with the DW. I think dehydration might have a part to play in getting looped quicker.
CdnPaleoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:32 PM   #46
Junior LCF Member

Yes, do tell what the scotch was. It's a hobby that I'm trying to learn how to incorporate with keto eating. Love the Islay's.
Off to a buffet for my daughter's birthday. At least I can load up on fatty meat, but I try to do as much paleo eating as I can. Hopefully not all slathered in soybean oil!
Old 06-02-2014, 05:05 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/184/145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Hey ya'll! I'm here! Darn but June snuck up on me! Didn't meet my May goal but didn't Gain so i'm calling it a win with everything going on!
My Dad is a Bit better. He Still hasn't had his surgery to remove his gallbladder though! Don't get me started on V.A! Sorry if i'm repeating myself, he was supposed to have it last week then the dr looked at his Xrays from 2 days Before and saw he had bronchitis! Yep 2 Days before! So he was put on a heavy dose of antibotics and rescheduled for surgery till June! He got to go home thursday but the antibotic is giving him bad side effects so he's miserable! He's better today but he goes back the 6th to see Dr and maybe move surgery up. So I sent quite a bit of time at the v.a over the week.
Kids are out of school now. Yay. I think Lol!

Gyspy!!! Missed you girl!!

Ok I gotta kick it into gear in June!
June Goal- -4 lbs!
June 1st 167
June 2nd- 166
*Quit Smoking Jan 5th 2014!!*

Starting Again! Lost 67 lbs then gained a lot back
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:57 PM   #48
Junior LCF Member

So, just got back from birthday buffet. Had a couple of steaks, some roast and some buffalo wings. Very stuffed and I ate way over my protein needs, but hey, no carbs save for some guacamole and a few mushrooms. The family, however, does not eat like me and had a dinner of refined carbohydrates and sugar
Everyone will eventually make their way to low carb though, right?
Cheers
Old 06-02-2014, 07:52 PM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/184/145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Gyspy congrats on the loss!!!
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:56 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Shelly! I had been wondering where you were (and hoping your dad was okay--I did read the entire May thread before joining the June Challenge). I hope the VA gets their act together soon!!! Goodness knows I have very mixed feelings about them (DH did his in-patient rehab at the VA hospital in Syracuse, NY).

Sounds like a great dinner, Freddy!
Old 06-03-2014, 02:30 AM   #51
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
Quote:
Originally Posted by GyspySixpence View Post
So my previous post was a bit premature...I was oil pulling when I wrote it and after I was done with that and brushing my teeth, I had to pee. I thought "Hmmm...I haven't actually consumed any liquids or food yet today, I'll hop back on the scale." 144.8!!!!!! That's 50 pounds from my highest! If anyone needs me, I shall be dancing around my neighborhood and screaming like a lunatic!

June 2: 144.8!!!!!!!!!
awesome... doing the happy dance with you... whoop hooooo
vessel of prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:44 AM   #52
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme_sara View Post
Hello all!

I've been lurking around on these boards for a few months now, have made some good friends over on the JUST MEAT board & finally decided to take a stab at a challenge, so here I am!

May was a rough month for me, so back on strict clean eating so far for June- not weighing until at least Wed. for me - Love the cheers and support you all give each other, hoping it helps me stay on track!!
you and I share a starting weight. HI. I am new here too. I also was a lurker... very interesting stuff.

Whoever posted the percentages on the other board, thanks. I will use this info to the fullest.
vessel of prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:11 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Morning All

Sandy: How are you feeling today? Can antibiotics fix an abscess?? If not, I think I would ask for an extraction (well, depending which tooth) rather than a root canal, as I've seen so many people pay for root canal and then also pay for an inevitable extraction afterwards!!! A dentist's version of "double dipping!!"

Shelly, Michelle, DQ.... nice losses ladies!!

Well, holidays almost over and cousin heading to Toronto on Wed to see her ds and gds. I'm sad already! No trampoline or rollerblading as they were both closed yesterday. I must be brain dead cause I really can't come up with fun ideas?? Getting too old I guess? On the plus side, the yard is all done which I now get to enjoy myself and I do love my new car but..........

June 1..... 166.2
June 2..... 165.8
June 3..... 164.9

Last edited by Bonny-Jean; 06-03-2014 at 06:13 AM..
Old 06-03-2014, 06:43 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: candypickletoes
Stats: 220/190.8/140
Start Date: April 8, 2014
My goodness you guys are so motivating. I can't stop coming here. I'm going to bring my laptop and if the hotel has either free wifi somewhere I'll be reading up while on vacation. For now, I'm at work so I have to post and run:

June 1 - 197.8
June 2 - 197.6
June 3 - 197.0

Happy Tuesday everyone!
candypickletoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:47 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/231/149
Start Date: January 2, 2014
May 31 - 284.7
June 1 - 282.6
June 2 - 281.3
June 3 - 280.2

Hello everyone!

Today is my day off. I've got plenty to keep me busy here at home though. Hopefully, I can tear myself away from these boards to actually get something done!!

Went grocery shopping yesterday for all my usual goodies (steak, eggs, butter). So I'm walking around the store and these packets of pepperoni keep popping up all over the place calling my name!! I know that pepperoni is ok to have but I have a hard time with portion control with that stuff!! Just as I'm about to grab a bag of them, I say to myself, "If you don't buy it, you can't be tempted to overindulge once you are home!" Happy to say that I checked out without those little buggers!!!

Hope everybody else is having a good day!! I'll be on and off all day

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Kimbersh47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:21 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Candy and Kimber:

Wow, you are both doing SO good!!! Enjoy your holidays Candy and Kimber... yay for ignoring that talking meat! They're usually the worst!!
Love watching your numbers go down!
Old 06-03-2014, 07:32 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

I woke up feeling like I have 20 lbs of bloat so I'm not weighing. My dr appointment is on Thursday and I'm really feeling like its PCOS related and not thyroid. Hopefully once I get put on the right meds, I'll start making progress again and will feel human.

Its so nice seeing a bunch of new people! Welcome everybody! It looks like everyone is off to a great start with some nice losses!

Michelle, Glad to see you back! I'm sorry for all of the losses you've had. But it sounds like diet wise, you've done amazingly well.

Shelly, You've done really well with all that you've faced lately. I'm glad you're still hanging around. You are the definition of perseverance.

Bonny-Jean, I'm glad you are having a good time! When I'm looking for fun things to do, I just google "things to do in ****" and can come up a list. It might be easier for me though since I live in a city that caters to tourists.

DQ, It didn't take you long to get back on track! Great job!

James, I don't mind snakes, I just don't like them that close to me when I know they're poisonous. From what I heard, baby snakes are worse than adults because they can't control the amount of venom that they release. But it happened so quickly that I didn't have time to think about anything so I laughed it off when the moment passed.

CdnPaleoGuy, I just love your dog! He's so cute! I didn't want to hook the snake on the paddle in case he wrapped himself around it. Then I literally would have been up a creek without a paddle. LOL He was about a foot long so not too intimidating. Had he been an adult, I surely would have panicked.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:33 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Sandy, I hope you are feeling better! Tooth pain is the worst.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:35 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Where is MtherGoos? The last I read was she was heading down a waterslide into a shark pool. I hope they didn't make a low carb snack out of her! LOL
Old 06-03-2014, 07:52 AM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Lol! I'm here BullDogmom! Got home last night! Awesome trip! I'll post when I get to my regular computer in a few hours, it takes me too long and my iPad and there's so much I want to say! You guys have been busy while I was gone!
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote