Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2014, 10:52 PM   #511
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/127.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
It is quiet here today! Gives me a chance to catch up. Nothing new to report with maintenance. I haven't changed my menu, I'm still eating like I was, but I am working out. The scale is staying the same, but I'm not weighing very often. I do feel like my body is really changing a lot still. I especially notice it when I'm in a yoga class and can feel how much smaller parts of my body are and how many more bones I can feel!

Lilac, I wish I had some great ideas for you, but like Bonny, I keep it pretty simple. Right now my daily menu is ~~

Breakfast- 2 eggs with 1 tablespoon of butter

Lunch- 2 eggs chopped up with lots of mustard and 1 tablespoon of MCT oil for an egg salad

Snack- 1 ounce of extra sharp cheddar cheese

Dinner- some type of meat on the grill. Usually a pork steak or steak.

I love the food I eat, but I keep it super simple and repetitive. Sometimes I bake chicken thighs. I coat them in coconut oil and then put seasoning salt on them and bake them for an hour at 400 so they come out super crispy.

I have also put stew meat in the crockpot yo cook all day so it gets nice and tender, then mixed it with cheese and sour cream. Hamburger patties with mayo, bacon, and cheese are always good. Oh, an egg on there too is something I recently discovered and really liked.

Lilac, are you sticking to induction foods, or are you having veggies, cream cheese, and things like that? Just so I know what ideas to give you.

Bonny, HI!!! Why do I feel like I never get to talk to you any more???
250 ~ Weight I need to be under to Zip Line in Vegas with my daughter! Made it! 6/4/13
240 ~ Weight I need to be under to go SkyDiving with my niece! Made It
225 ~ Halfway There. 75 Down, 75 To Go! MADE IT! In just under 6 months!
199 ~ Onderland Here I Come! Made It!! 11/7/13
166 ~ No Longer Obese - Made it 3/14/14
150 ~ Ultimate Goal, Half my body weight gone Made it! 5/23/14
MtherGoos is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2014, 03:24 AM   #512
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
17 June

Morning all:
Either MthrGoos was up late last night or really early this morning
Don't think we have that brand of PP here; haven't looked too hard either.
Lilac: your hubby has an inch & at least 20lbs on me. Can't believe the dog got the 1st kiss? Did he end up on the couch for that?

Have been reading the 'new rules of lifting' on the commute to/from work. Hard going trying to extract the workout amongst all the chatter
So, I'm dusting off the kettlebells & giving them another shot. Another experiment
Baddabing: did you computer parts come in yet? I have visions of you standing out by the mailbox waiting for the mailman.
Lilac: I use to work a call centre years ago; it was a continuous story of never knowing what the person's problem(s) were going to be. Picture getting phone calls from Jeopardy or who wants to be a millionaire....
Bonny-Jean: was at Costco last night drooling over the rib-eyes but heck are they $$$$$
My DW gets around the pork loin by cooking in coconut oil or bacon grease. Still experimenting on how to up the fat as it is relatively lean.
Have a great day; weather looks great here.
CdnPaleoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:36 AM   #513
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LilacBruze
Stats: 272/231.2/175ish
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 7/19/2014
MamaG - no veggies, cream cheese, etc for me!! I really am trying to keep it '72. I try to limit the hard cheeses to 1oz serving when I eat it. I know feta is not a hard cheese but it was super cheap and I only use a small portion crumbled. I can eat poached and fried eggs every day but the meats - I thought I was being boring about them. You and Bonny have re-assured me that it's okay to be boring, lol. I guess then, the problem is the cost of the cuts. I have lbs and lbs of chicken in the freezer but have been avoiding it due to not enough fat and with chicken... the only way I think to up fat is to stuff it with cheese, lol.

CPG: You truly never know what you're gonna get on the other end of the phone at work. I do try to have fun and a sense of humor with the callers but sometimes they are so unbelievably GRUMPY or even completely irrational. Sometimes they scream at me. Sometimes they swear. And no, DH did not have to sleep on the sofa, he had been traveling so long that I couldn't bring myself to punish him like that. But I DID make him do some chores around the house yesterday!
Old 06-17-2014, 04:38 AM   #514
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: candypickletoes
Stats: 220/190.8/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 8, 2014
Hi everyone! I was dying yesterday and Sunday because I didn't have internet and I wasn't in the office to post. So, catching up....vacation was AWESOME!! We had a great time, I had a carbication but was very easily able to get right back on track which shows me this is ABSOLUTELY my forever WOE! I'm so excited about it!

So...time to face the music, here we go:

June 1 - 197.8
June 2 - 197.6
June 3 - 197.0
June 4 - 196.4
June 5 - 197.0
June 6 - 196.0
June 7 - 195.2
June 8 - 15 DNW carbication
June 16 - 198.6
June 17 - 196.6

The damage wasn't as bad as I thought it would be so I'm happy about that! I hope this finds everyone very well. Happy Tuesday everyone!!

~Candy
220/190.8/140 (I will most likely lower my goal once I hit 140)
If it is to be it is up to me! You are an artist and life is your canvas - make it beautiful!
Heart attack on 7/27/13 - early detection = 0% damage to my heart! Know the signs, they may not be exactly what you think. When in doubt, check it out, go to the ER.
candypickletoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:44 AM   #515
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /148 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Morning All

Mthergoos: You're turning into a serious night owl here?? I guess we never chat much cause I'm usually sleeping when you're posting.
Now the widest thing on my body is my "muffin top" if you know what I'm saying! Yep, "it's" officially gone!!! I put a skirt on this morning and I'm completely FLAT at the back!! Eeewww, not a good look! Be careful what you wish for, I guess.

CPG: When I'm gonna fill the freezer, I usually make the trek to a really good butcher shop and the savings are great. Rib-eye is such a nice choice but I find prime rib steaks are as good and less pricey.

I'm considering dropping all these vitamins. Nothing is working for these cramps even though I've upped my dosages. I'm not at max per day but taking way too many not to see some results. Firstly, let me say I don't believe in vitties and supplements. Some people completely believe they work and that's great if it does work for them but despite being overweight, I've never had low numbers on any blood or hormone work. I don't know if there's something in these pills but my scale is yo-yo'ing around so much that it's making me crazy. I've been 100% on plan and although I don't expect to see a pound here and there, I do expect to see an ounce or two every day!

May 31....164.0

June 1..... 166.2
June 2..... 165.8
June 3..... 164.9
June 4..... 164.6
June 5..... 164.8
June 6..... 164.2
June 7..... 163.4
June 8..... 162.8
June 9..... 162.4
June 10... 162.0
June 11... 162.2
June 12... 161.8
June 13... 161.4
June 14... 161.2
June 15... 162.3
June 16... 161.8
June 17... 162.4 Oh, for God's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:04 AM   #516
Major LCF Poster!

Bonny - have you seen a doc to rule out blood circulation problems? Those leg cramps are concerning me! Do you sit or stand for long periods of time through the day? Are you dehydrated? These are the only things I can think of... and if the supplements aren't helping then I am truly at a loss!

About being flat in the back - ya know, no one ever told me I'd lose certain things when I lost a significant amount of weight. I lost my "junk in the trunk" as well as "the girls" when I got down to 160 lbs. I did not like that at all and neither did the hubby!
LilacBruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:23 AM   #517
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 5'4" 178/150.6/128
WOE: modified Atkins nutritional
Start Date: April 16 2014
June 1 158
June 2 158.2
June 3 didn't weigh in
June 4 157
June 5 156.6
June 6-8 ???
June 9 155
June 10 153.8
June 11 153.6
June 12 153.6
June 13 153.6
June 14 153
June 15 153
June 16 153
June 17 152.6

My whoosh can happen any time now. I am hopeful that a few days off from work will make it happen.

I am off to the gym then a nap! Tonight I 'll get a full nights sleep that's gotta help right? I am also looking forward to a nice chunk of meat!
Glad everyone is doing well. I hope to check back later.
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:24 AM   #518
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
Lilac what a fantastic photo!!!
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:15 AM   #519
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Good morning everyone. These weekends at the lake make for a very tired me on Mondays! We didn't get home Sunday night until 10:30 pm because we stopped at my sister's to see my dad. She has a swimming pool so the kids all swam for a while. My sister is doing low-carb too so she had cheeseburgers and hot dogs - easy peasy. Yesterday I fasted until dinner and then had the best ribs ever and a small butter lettuce salad with ranch. I throw a bunch of spices on the ribs (like a rub) and let it sit for about 30 minutes. I preheat the oven to only 275 deg. and then cook for 2.5-3 hours. Then I throw them in the broiler with Guy's BBQ sauce for 10 minutes to get the tops crispy. OMG they are fall-off-the-bone fabulous!!! My tummy is "off" today. My DD Erin had it yesterday and I think she passed it to me. It's not God-awful, just spending more time in the loo

Here's a couple pics from our Father's Day lunch at the lake. I look pretty yucky considering I have on like no make-up and we were up too late the night before.
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:28 AM   #520
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meme
WOE: Atkins-2002 New Diet Revolution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatfreddy View Post
Greetings all. I've been lurking for awhile but thought if give a month challenge a go. I lost over 100 lbs in 1999/2000 using the Zone diet. Kept it all off until I lost my mind and decided running a half, then full marathon was a good idea. That was oct. 2012-may 2013. Heard of paleo and decided to dabble in that. Long story short, I put on 30 pounds during that time and have been trying like hell to take it off. My body just did not like the constant training. Also I think it emboldened me to eat way more carbs than I should ever eat. Sweet potatoes, gel packs, plantains, etc. are never going to be my friend.
Anyway, my highest weight during this debacle was 193. Not huge for 6' but not where I'm comfortable. I've been dieting down and am starting June at 179.
You all seem incredibly nice so this should be fun!
Tomorrow is my daughter's 9th birthday so looking forward to that. Have a great one everybody.
Hi Freddy, 193 for 6' is pretty darn good....Are you going to do the Atkins DANDR, that is the one that includes the vegetables?
Meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:55 AM   #521
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnyB212
Stats: 5'5 200/*140*/125
WOE: Atkins, South Beach, Smoothie
Start Date: August 1, 2013!
Awesome job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
It is quiet here today! Gives me a chance to catch up. Nothing new to report with maintenance. I haven't changed my menu, I'm still eating like I was, but I am working out. The scale is staying the same, but I'm not weighing very often. I do feel like my body is really changing a lot still. I especially notice it when I'm in a yoga class and can feel how much smaller parts of my body are and how many more bones I can feel!

Lilac, I wish I had some great ideas for you, but like Bonny, I keep it pretty simple. Right now my daily menu is ~~

Breakfast- 2 eggs with 1 tablespoon of butter

Lunch- 2 eggs chopped up with lots of mustard and 1 tablespoon of MCT oil for an egg salad

Snack- 1 ounce of extra sharp cheddar cheese

Dinner- some type of meat on the grill. Usually a pork steak or steak.

I love the food I eat, but I keep it super simple and repetitive. Sometimes I bake chicken thighs. I coat them in coconut oil and then put seasoning salt on them and bake them for an hour at 400 so they come out super crispy.

I have also put stew meat in the crockpot yo cook all day so it gets nice and tender, then mixed it with cheese and sour cream. Hamburger patties with mayo, bacon, and cheese are always good. Oh, an egg on there too is something I recently discovered and really liked.

Lilac, are you sticking to induction foods, or are you having veggies, cream cheese, and things like that? Just so I know what ideas to give you.

Bonny, HI!!! Why do I feel like I never get to talk to you any more???
Mothergoose and Bonnie Jean,
You are an inspiration!
I think I will try Atkins 72 to finally get out of the 140s!
SkinnyB212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:00 AM   #522
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
Start Date: 1/27/2014
The package did come yesterday. I made a special trip home during lunch to get them. Got back to work and started the process but then the wife called and said the music thing was moved to an earlier time. Decided to leave it all at the office and took off. Now I am beginning the process again. I think I am 2 hours in and so far it seems like it will work. I wont know for probably another 1.5 hours.

Menu is off big time this week. Workout is not much better but then I am supper tired in the body so I am not soooooo concerned. Have not decided if I am going in the gym tonight or not. Wife promised to get to the grocery store today so we can have actual food available.

Anyway TTFN

Survive
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:59 AM   #523
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Skinny, nice to see you back! Atkins 72 has definitely seemed to be what works for Bonny and I and a lot of us. It's just so easy and he's very clear about what you can and can't eat. Simple and effective!

Bonny, try not to stress. I know, easier said than done, but you know how fickle the scales are. I've spent almost 3 full weeks now bouncing up and down between 150.6 and 149.4. Up and down up and down, but no losses. I don't know why, but it happens. Hang in there!

Sandy, missing you and hoping all is well. I know you probably won't see this, but just in case you do, I wanted you to know you're in our thoughts and prayers.

James, I know you're busy, but don't let life get in the way of all you've accomplished. Even if you can't get to the gym, keeping your food on track makes a huge difference!

Gracie, great pictures and your menu sounds GREAT!!

Lilac, as long as you're okay with boring, it works! As for the chicken, just cook it in lots of coconut oil, or olive oil, or whatever you like. I use chicken thighs, and quite honestly, I just eat the skin off of it and my pitties get most of the meat. They love chicken nights!

Leanne, you may not have had a Whoosh, but you've got great losses for the month!

PaleoGuy, let us know how it goes with the kettleballs!

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 06-17-2014, 09:07 AM   #524
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: daisy1234
WOE: LC/A72
Start Date: January 2014
MthrGoos - you're such an inspiration! I love that you keep your food menu simple. I did notice the menu you just posted that you don't use much mayo? Is that a personal preference for your egg salad or is it a weight loss blocker?

Thanks much!

xo
daisy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:19 AM   #525
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vanna1970
Stats: 165/156/135
Start Date: May 1, 2014
Hey everyone,
I never got a chance to post over the weekend between birthday parties, the carnival, fireworks, Father's Day festivities, and a fish funeral. And now we're on our way to Traverse City for a mini vacation. I'm trying to catch up on all the posts. Looks like everyone is doing well.

Kimber, how do you make your coffee jello?

I am slightly up from being a little off plan over the weekend. I'm hoping to just stay the same this week.
vanna1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:54 AM   #526

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanna1970 View Post
Hey everyone,
I never got a chance to post over the weekend between birthday parties, the carnival, fireworks, Father's Day festivities, and a fish funeral. And now we're on our way to Traverse City for a mini vacation. I'm trying to catch up on all the posts. Looks like everyone is doing well.

Kimber, how do you make your coffee jello?

I am slightly up from being a little off plan over the weekend. I'm hoping to just stay the same this week.
Busy weekend! Poor fishy Was he flushed down the commode or buried?

Is coffee jello good? It's kind of freaking me out
Old 06-17-2014, 09:59 AM   #527
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vanna1970
Stats: 165/156/135
Start Date: May 1, 2014
LOL! The fish lived a whole three days after my daughter won him at the carnival. We flushed him after saying a few nice words.

I'm not sure about the coffee jello. I'd love to try it though.
vanna1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:05 AM   #528

Those carnival fish never make it past 3 days!!! WTH? We had a fish named Duke for years until DD Gracie decided to share her crackers with him. He was floating stiff as a board the next day. I think it was a Beta. You can never put any other fish in with them though because they eat them! How do I know??? LOL It was very devastating for my DD to watch
Old 06-17-2014, 10:05 AM   #529
Major LCF Poster!

My brother won a goldfish at his school's carnival, and that darn thing lived for almost 4 years. We used to fill up the bathtub on Saturdays and let him "swim laps" - weekly doses of chlorine apparently had no ill effects on him. We named him Frog, and he was one of those black bulgy-eyed types. He looked like Arnold's fish Abraham from the "Diff'rent Strokes" show.

Last edited by LilacBruze; 06-17-2014 at 10:07 AM..
Old 06-17-2014, 10:07 AM   #530

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilacBruze View Post
My brother won a goldfish at his school's carnival, and that darn thing lived for almost 4 years. We used to fill up the bathtub on Saturdays and let him "swim laps" - weekly doses of chlorine apparently had no ill effects on him. We named him Frog, and he was one of those black bulgy-eyed types.
OMG - four years!!! Where did the chlorine come from? Your bath tub? Oh, and a FISH named FROG
Old 06-17-2014, 10:36 AM   #531
Senior LCF Member

Well I finally did it! I had to go three rounds with the computer because it kept overheating during the install and shutting down. People are wondering my my laptop is sitting on the AC vent on the floor. All I can say is it is because I think outside the box!

Now I get to go through that ohhh so lovely process of updates for the next day or two and then! I may actually be able to use it.

I some how have got some energy all the sudden and productivity has gone up!
Old 06-17-2014, 10:52 AM   #532
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Daisy, I used to include 2 Tablespoons of Mayo in my egg salad, but as I got closer to goal, I really felt the need to watch my calories too. I think the MCT oil is healthier for me than the mayo, so I cut out the mayo and just use the MCT oil and the mustard. No, I never had any trouble with mayo stalling me at all, I used to use it every day.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:57 AM   #533
Major LCF Poster!

Gracie - the chlorine from tap water. You're supposedly to remove it through natural or chemical process prior to adding fish to the water. I am telling you that Frog didn't care about the chlorine!! He would go super hyper once you dumped him in the tub, literally swimming around and around and around dozens of times before tiring out. Never had a fish that lived anywhere near as long as he did again.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:00 AM   #534

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilacBruze View Post
Gracie - the chlorine from tap water. You're supposedly to remove it through natural or chemical process prior to adding fish to the water. I am telling you that Frog didn't care about the chlorine!! He would go super hyper once you dumped him in the tub, literally swimming around and around and around dozens of times before tiring out. Never had a fish that lived anywhere near as long as he did again.
I never knew there was chlorine in tap water I'm surprised I didn't kill all our fish

Frog was probably so happy to be out of his little bowl and in a big tub! That's a really funny story
Old 06-17-2014, 12:17 PM   #535
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/238/149
Start Date: January 2, 2014
If you like cold coffee--you will LOVE coffee jello!!
Kimbersh47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #536
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Love the new picture Kimber! You look gorgeous!
Old 06-17-2014, 12:23 PM   #537
Senior LCF Member

Thank you MG! It's been a LONG time since I've felt pretty. Today I DO!

For those asking about the coffee jello:

Coffee Jello

Sprinkle 2 small packets of knox gelatin over 1/2 cup of COLD coffee.
Let sit 10 minutes.
Add 3 cups of HOT coffee and stir until dissolved.
Add a pinch of salt.
Add from 1/4 - 3/4 cup of splenda depending on how sweet you want it. I only use 1/4 cup.
Chill until set.
Serve with some whipped cream. So yummy!!!

Just made a batch for my boss. It is his birthday today and he is a diabetic. The other girls in the clinic want a carrot cake. They can go ahead and have that sugar bomb of a poisonous cake!! LOL I will be having the jello along with the Dr.

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:29 PM   #538
Senior LCF Member

I went shopping today. I tried on a bunch of clothes. I picked up a 2x blouse that I really liked and thought I would try it on to see how much more weight I would need to fit into it. It slipped right on and I turned to look in the mirror and OMG!!! I started crying tears of joy! It fit perfectly and looked so nice!! I can see that I'm going to have a shopping problem when I get to goal!! I had so much fun today!
Old 06-17-2014, 12:33 PM   #539
Senior LCF Member

Congrats Kimber
Old 06-17-2014, 12:58 PM   #540
Major LCF Poster!