Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2014, 11:01 AM   #481
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: justme_sara
Stats: 210/186/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2014
Happy fathers day to the guys!

Da- will have to try the chili rellenos dish, sounds divine

Lilac- I too cook and eat a half (or full) bag of bacon at once! I've actually fallen in love with Turkey bacon and Turkey sausage, so I pretend it's ok!!

Gained a lb. This week, haven't been strictly to plan so I figured as much. Motivation is at an all time low, lots of stress going on right now

Hope everyone has a great day
justme_sara is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2014, 11:31 AM   #482
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Bonny, Is it maybe the heat or humidity causing you to retain a little water?
Well, maybe in Greenbow, Alabama but nope, not here! Thanks for the suggestion though. The day my holidays ended (June 4th) was the same day the heat ended. Been in high 60's.. low 70's ever since and cool and raining the last 2. My cousin was constantly putting on lotion cause she couldn't believe how dry it was here (west coast girl), not necessarily the norm but.

Lilac & DQ: My, you girls eat fancy schmancy!!! I don't even know what half of the stuff you put in the casserole was??
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:45 AM   #483
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LilacBruze
Stats: 272/231.2/175ish
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 7/19/2014
MamaG - the mutant is typically not allowed on the bed, but he is DH's dog and misses his daddy. So I've been letting him sleep on the bed. But when DH gets back (in a few hours!!), we'll have to pretend that it never happened. There's NO way we could all fit. The ankle biters on there with us is one thing, a whole other person (almost) is another!
LilacBruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:46 AM   #484
Major LCF Poster!

Bonny - I just put eggs, Canadian bacon, hwc, and 2 cheeses in mine. It's DQ that's the fancy-schmancy one!! And this casserole was pretty darn tasty, I couldn't taste the cooked yolks as much and that for me is the name of the game!
Old 06-15-2014, 11:50 AM   #485
Major LCF Poster!

Great... Now I've got Forrest Gump running through my head!

"Know what I think? I think you should go home to Greenbow AlaBAMA!!!!"
Old 06-15-2014, 12:09 PM   #486
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
WHA????mine is as easy as pie!!! ooh i need to take a picture of the next one for you!
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:21 PM   #487
Major LCF Poster!

Ha-ha, Forest Gump. Stupid is as stupid does!! Love that one.
Well, Kimber's from Mobile and DQ mentioned her heat wave and Greenbow just came into my head when MG mentioned heat and humidity. I thought about Alabama and Louisiana .... quite hot, humid places.
And every time I see Alabama, that always comes to mind!!

So what's the "mutant's" name??? I adore his funky lip!

DQ: the most I think to put in my eggs is onions bits, salt & pepper. I"m sure I would love what you made but don't have the thought process for it! Enjoy!
Old 06-15-2014, 01:58 PM   #488
Major LCF Poster!

Bonny- i must not have described it very well- it's anaheim peppers stuffed with a cheesy filling and covered with a cheesy covering and backed in the oven !
Old 06-15-2014, 03:02 PM   #489
Major LCF Poster!

Your description was very clear, I'm just a very plain cook, if you can call it that. I only just realized to put mustard in eggs and mayo so what does that tell ya!!

Last edited by Bonny-Jean; 06-15-2014 at 03:06 PM..
Old 06-15-2014, 03:26 PM   #490
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/237/149
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Please let me clarify that I LIVE in Mobile, Alabama. I am from a little town 20 miles east of Rochester, NY!!! I repeat....I am NOT from Alabama!!!!
Kimbersh47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:45 PM   #491
Major LCF Poster!

Bonny - his name is Brownie. I just like calling him mutant because he is so big. Also, his tongue is too big for his mouth and more often than not, pokes out, giving him a perpetual "DUH" expression.

We've only had him for about 8 weeks but he has fit in amazingly well, even for his size. He was abandoned when a gang member got a hit put out on him and had to leave town in a hurry. True story. The neighbor felt sorry for him and fed him for a couple of days before calling animal control. He's about 2 years old and was kept in a cage that was too small for him for most of his life. He had a huge bald spot on his chest and abdomen from being in that cage. He didn't know what a dog biscuit was. And never had human food (didn't know how to even accept it from my hand). But surprisingly, he is 100% housebroken, and knows all basic commands like sit, lie down, go outside, shake, etc.

Prior to that, DH had to put his dog to sleep after a great 12 year run. He too was a rescue and beaten so badly by his previous owner (and then abandoned in an empty apartment with no food or water) that they did not think he would survive. He had to have a leg amputated at the shoulder from the extensive nerve damage caused by the beating. But he never let that phase him, running and jumping and playing like he had all 4 limbs. Without that other leg, he could slide under things you would have thought would be too narrow for him. He became more aerodynamic without that leg, I swear.

Anyway, DH was awful sad - that was his dog, the two ankle biters are more my dogs. He went from saying he would never get another dog to being very excited when an email was sent around his job (he is a vet tech at a hoity toity specialty clinic) needing an emergency foster for the mutant. We agreed to at least foster him until a home could be found for him but pretty much fell in love with him immediately. Well, maybe not immediately, that first night was awful and my two ankle biters were MOST unhappy and there was chaos at every turn... but with the new day came this amazing thing - it was like he had been here for years.

DH does NOT like the name Brownie, but the mutant comes to it and we're not about to confuse him by trying to give him a new name.

Sorry for the whole history there, lol.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:14 PM   #492
Major LCF Poster!

Wonderful story. Brought a tear to my eye. God Bless you and your hubby for rescuing these animals.
There's a special place in heaven for people like you.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:35 PM   #493
Major LCF Poster!

Truth be told, if we had a bigger house without such extreme winters and there were no village ordinances to worry about - I would definitely be running a dog rescue. Being married to a veterinary technician for so long, I've seen or at least heard from DH a lot of horror stories and always tried to open our home when we could. We've rescued quite a few since we've been married. Some just temporarily, but most for the long-term.

It's funny, I was a cat person for the first half of my life - now I'm just sort of "meh" about them. We lost a wonderful tabby after only 8 short years... he was the best cat and my daughter and I took the loss really hard. We have one cat now - a purebread Siamese - that was a rescue too and came probably 5 years before the tabby did. Story on the Siamese is - mama cat got hit by a car, rushed to the vet, and she died... but not before the vet was able to deliver 2 kittens via kitty c-section. The vet bottle-fed the kittens until they reached about 8 weeks old, at which time my husband asked for one. I had lost my precious Burmese cat a year before that (she was 15) and he thought the Siamese would be good for me. Well, we had the Siamese for 5 years and then we rescued the tabby as a kitten. I never bonded with the Siamese. So he's my daughter's cat. I'm not sure where I am going with this, and I'm babbling. Oh yeah... I was saying that I was not a cat person any more, lol.

We rescued the Pekingese 4 years ago, the Shih Tzu 2 years ago. The Pekingese was after a pug that we lost to kidney failure after 5 years (he was diabetic and needed 2 injections of insulin a day). I could go on...

I love my furbabies - the dogs that are considered "throwaways" by the people who abused and abandoned them. It breaks my heart that they have pasts like that. Dogs have SUCH capacity for love, loyalty, and companionship, ya know? So as long as we're able to, our home and hearts will always be open to giving them the lives they deserve!
Old 06-16-2014, 03:12 AM   #494
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
16th June

Morning Folks,\
quick check in before taking the vomit comet to work. What an episode of GofT last night
Lilac: my DW has the same idea bubbling in her head: buy some country property & keep JRT's. Along with some goats & chickens. So, was it I who gave you the idea to have a margarita or two?
Hope I didn't throw you too far off plan.
Thankfully the weather was perfect yesterday for the Cadet parade. Sunny but no humidity to speak of. And only 30' so speeches were nice & short
To paraphrase Mama Gump "this room is like a box of chocolates...you never know who you're going to meet"

Have a great day folks....
CdnPaleoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:49 AM   #495
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/237/149
Start Date: January 2, 2014
May 31 - 284.7
June 7 - 280.6
June 10 - 279.1
June 11 - 277.9
June 12 - 276.6
June 13 - 275.1
June 14 - 275
June 15 - 273.6
June 16 - 273.1

So happy that I can make it through a special day and STILL lose weight! I'm SOOOO looking forward to our vacation (in 8 weeks YAY) this year. I know that I'm going to be able to eat the things I want (lobster and steamed clams dipped in butter) and I'm going to come away from this vacation lighter than I started it! Such a happy thing! Usually vacations are what ruin my resolve to lose this weight. NOT this year!!!

Hope everyone has a good day today!

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Kimbersh47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:06 AM   #496
Major LCF Poster!

Kimber - you can totally stay on plan while vacationing, and still eat decadently! When DH and I went to Vegas to renew our vows a few years ago, I was doing low carb at the time. We ate EVERY day at all-you-can-eat buffets and steakhouses, and ate very well. I came home lighter than when I had left! The buffets were great in the morning because I could load up on bacon, I think most mornings I ate half a pan, lol.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:11 AM   #497
Major LCF Poster!

Morning everyone!!
Uh oh, we're about to have a heat wave!!
I'll be working inside my freezing office all day and then practicing for my last shows this weekend before vacation...kimber you're way south. I was in york last year for my college boyfriend's funeral..his family had a beautiful beach house ...well, east of the beach up on the roxks. My cabin is in franklin, maine, outside of ellsworth ...which is where you turn off 95 to go to acadia and bar harbor. I get there july 5 and stay til the end of august and i can't wait!!! I'm on a beautiful lake..

June 1 142.3
June 2. 141.5
June 4. 144.1
June 5. 142. Whew! ,
June 6. 142.5
june 7. 142.25
June 8. 142
June 10 142
June 13 141.5
June 14 141
june 15. 140.75
June 16. 141.75

First started Atkins April 1, 2002.
Lost 40 pounds back then and maintained for almost 8 years...then carb creep crept. I've always been low carb, but went hard core again in March 2012.
Hey! You don't have to drink all that water!
Old 06-16-2014, 09:48 AM   #498
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/27/2014
Well according to the tracking thing I should get my package today and will finally be able to see if my computer is a paperweight or not. Of course I am not going to be home till about 9p so I don’t know how much I will get done but….

I got not one but two bottles of high end Scotch for father’s days. The one I tried last night sits in a charred barrel for a decade. It smelled like smoke and obviously had a smoky taste. It was weird at first but then got delicious. It would pair awesomely with a nice ribeye.

The music thing I was going to do last week was canceled due to weather but is rescheduled for tonight. My phone says it will be 81 degrees and partly cloudy tonight so I think it’s going to go. If it is I miss a workout but honestly I probably could use some extra time off. I don’t feel recouped from the weekend.

This week is CNA week of which I hold a license. We will be spending all week doing crazy things and dressing up. I am supposed to look like a hippy today but after a thorough going through my closet, fat clothes etc I have nothing that would have worked. Tomorrow is crazy hair. I think I can manage that one. I should ask my wife to bring some of that non permanent color home.

LilacBruze – You pond story is giving me images of little girls watching the wonders of life (enter dog) fast forward to girl hiding under their bed not coming out for a week.

DairyQueen – I am giving you an award for the longest post. At least that I have seen.

Survive
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:36 AM   #499
Major LCF Poster!

Sure is quiet in here today, everyone must be hard at work!

CPG - nah, not your fault about the margaritas. I had a lot of strawberries ripening in the garden. Last year I made jam. This year I made margaritas!

Ate the rest of my breakfast casserole for both breakfast and lunch. Probably just have a burger patty for dinner. Lather, rinse, repeat.

DH got home late last night and the first one that got the kiss was the mutant!! I was a little miffed at that!!

Speaking of which, here they are. To put that mutant's size in perspective, DH is a 6'4", 275 lb Viking. And he looks small while holding the dog!!

Old 06-16-2014, 03:17 PM   #500
Major LCF Poster!

Lilac: OMG, he's soooo cute ..........
and your hubs ain't hard to look at either!!
You're a pretty good looking couple, I must say. Had to laugh when you said he kissed Browny first!! How'd you let that happen, girl???

I think you should call "Browny"..... "Brody" or even "Buddy" instead. No, I think Brody is way cooler and he won't get confused cause the inflection should be on the "y", right? Try it, you might like it!! It kind of sounds the same, well to the dog for sure and your honey bunny might find it a little more masculine. I gotta admit, I even prefer "mutant" to Browny... sorry!

Hope you guys all have a great evening!! Yay, Monday NIGHT!!!
Old 06-16-2014, 03:22 PM   #501
Major LCF Poster!

Evening All

Oh my, forgot to post this morning. Running late today. Had to run home to get landscapers to come back and fix sidewalk blocks. One kid stomps a block in place before he levels or puts down sand, then proceeds to bust it in half because he didn't level it. Duh!! Ugh, wish I had the strength and enthusiasm to do the work myself but hardscape just aint' my bag anymore.

Anyway................

May 31....164.0

June 1..... 166.2
June 2..... 165.8
June 3..... 164.9
June 4..... 164.6
June 5..... 164.8
June 6..... 164.2
June 7..... 163.4
June 8..... 162.8
June 9..... 162.4
June 10... 162.0
June 11... 162.2
June 12... 161.8
June 13... 161.4
June 14... 161.2
June 15... 162.3
June 16... 161.8

Last edited by Bonny-Jean; 06-16-2014 at 03:23 PM..
Old 06-16-2014, 05:59 PM   #502
Major LCF Poster!

Okay really... where the heck is everyone?

Bonny, MamaG, and anyone else who feels like answering... can y'all please give me some '72 ideas? I'm finding myself wanting to "cross over" into more cheese and I want to hold off on that for as long as possible. I need quick and easy these days, nothing with fancy or complicated ingredients. It's going to be in the 90's for a spell and I don't want to be in the kitchen getting the house all hot.

I'm stuck in the burger patty, bacon, poached eggs, and steak groove. Not that there's anything wrong with that... just wondering what else is out there?

I was thinking about tuna fish and chicken salad (have a recipe that's interchangeable), maybe a pork shoulder in the slow cooker to make pulled pork... but then kinda draw a blank. Thanks in advance for any ideas!
Old 06-16-2014, 06:21 PM   #503
Major LCF Poster!

Boy, am I the wrong one to ask, actually about any kind of cooking. Have no idea what a "recipe" is?? Just kidding. I don't really care for cheese, thank goodness! I only put cheese on burgers so I'm not much help. Plus I only eat eggs, many ways of course and meat, that's it for me. I do love seafood but it never tastes the same at home as Red Lobster or otherwise so home cooked meat is just bbq'd or pan fried. I've heard a few do the crock pot pork to make pulled pork but for me that's an extra unnecessary step.
Boring, boring, boring.... I know!!
Old 06-16-2014, 06:32 PM   #504
Major LCF Poster!

Well, care to share a typical week's worth of meals with me?

I have a fabulous recipe for low carb, crock-pot pulled pork that I am dying to try so I might make that this week. I have a programmable crock-pot (anniversary gift from my m-i-l) that I love using.

PS ways to eat "just meat" is exactly what I am looking for!
Old 06-16-2014, 07:04 PM   #505
Major LCF Poster!

Lilac: btw, why no comment on Post# 500??? Thought that would make you laugh?
Do you ask a question and then log out right away? Why??

Anyway, I mentioned earlier that I only eat my meat 2 ways, either bbq'd or pan fried in coconut oil. Honest to God, that's it!! LOL.

Everyday I drink coffee and/or Caffeine Free Diet Coke (just cause I learned to like it) Several glasses of water and MIO while at work.

Breakfast and lunch is: up to 4 boiled eggs or egg salad w/mayo or once a week I'll have canned salmon w/mayo (small can)

Supper is always:
- pork steak or chicken pan fried in coconut oil or
- 4 bbq'd pork back ribs

Everything is seasoned with Montreal Steak Spice. I just bought some Cajun spice but so scared to use it, I haven't put enough on to really taste it yet!
My big treat 2-3 times a week is sf jello w/ 4 tbsp hwc.
Twice a month we might go to Red Lobster for seafood and that's it. Then next week I do that same thing all over again.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:33 PM   #506
Major LCF Poster!

Ahhhh, so sorry, Bonny - was certainly not intentional!!

During the day, I have to peek, post, and run as I work for a call center and the phones are busy, busy, busy. As for just now, well, ya caught me. I went to the kitchen to poach 3 eggs. I served them with a little crumbled feta cheese on the bottom, 3 pieces of bacon crumbled on top, and a liberal helping of Tabasco sauce. LOL I was too tired to mess with defrosting and grilling a burger patty.

Yes, it made me chuckle. I can't imagine some big, tough, gang member would name this behemoth of an animal something as silly as Brownie. DH and I talked about changing his name along the lines of what you suggested. But honestly, he came named Brownie and I feel Brownie he should stay. When we rescued the shih tzu, he was only 5 months old and was named Joey. He was young and didn't come to it anyway so I gave him a new name and he comes to that just fine. His "new" name is Maynard.

My problem is that although I love me some meat, I am picky about the cut of it. I love beef but in the form of tenderloin, NY strip, ribeye, inner skirt. I'd go broke if I made those for dinner EVERY night of the week. That's why I need some ideas!
Old 06-16-2014, 07:44 PM   #507
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah, I don't eat beef much cause the only way I'll eat is on the barby! Of course I only love the very expensive cuts, rib-eye, prime rib, filet. Tenderloin is good but awfully lean for Atkins. Not only do I love pork but it helps keep the fats up and usually a lower cost than beef plus it's my year round go to red meat! Don't you like pork? I noticed you didn't mention it, well other than bacon................

What's everybody up to today?? Mthergoos, BulldogMom, Shelly, etc, etc???
Old 06-16-2014, 07:46 PM   #508
Major LCF Poster!

LOL what!! I've talked about diced pork loin and Canadian bacon in the 2 breakfast casseroles that I made over the weekend, and I just said I was probably going to make pulled pork in the slow cooker this week! Any more pork, and I'd be oinking!!
Old 06-16-2014, 07:48 PM   #509
Major LCF Poster!

Btw... tenderloin with tons of butter and cream in a nice, thick reduction takes care of the lower fat issue in the tenderloin! I also cook with coconut oil whenever possible, that and butter and EVOO. Fats are never my problem, the cut of meat is. You just reminded me that I have a nice pork loin in the freezer, I can do something with that this week as well!

I'm turning in early tonight on account of being up so late waiting for DH to get in last night. He's had the whole day to rest up and is going back to work in the morning. I'm not quite sleepy but have to make sure his work clothes are ready, load the dishwasher, etc. Have a wonderful night - maybe tomorrow more people will join us!

Last edited by LilacBruze; 06-16-2014 at 07:50 PM..
Old 06-16-2014, 09:15 PM   #510
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnyB212
Stats: 5'5 200/*140*/125
WOE: Atkins, South Beach, Smoothie
Start Date: August 1, 2013!
Protein shakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddabing View Post
OK well I did not get it all done as planned. You wont see that from me very often. I forgot regular shoes and gym shorts so my option was to do spin, which I had everything to do and then lift in bike shorts and dress shoes or push weights to tomorrow after Fridays spin class. I chose the second option.

Since I got home early I had a chance to finally answer justme_sara question. so here we go.

When I was doing a keto diet AKA Atkins 72' I found this protein mix.

As you can see it is Zero carbs. it did not knock me out of ketosis. Also comes in MANY flavors. I am still using this one because it takes a while for me to get through it. It is delicious.

Later I added another one that was cheaper and a little higher in carbs. Even higher because I drink it using almond milk.

Wonder if this will be blocked.
I am so glad I decided to check back in on this site! These powders are awesome. I will try them. Btw everyone is doing great
SkinnyB212 is offline   Reply With Quote