Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2014, 10:56 AM   #451
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
14 June

What the heck happened? I miss a day & you folks are talking about pregnant women's urine & dogs typing messages in the forum

Anyhow, the computer problems Baddabing have made their way North. The boy's Dell went belly up. Sounds like a submarine sonar going off
Still under warranty but have to go for a drive to get it in for exchange.

PinkCadillac: Nation's Capital
Bonny Jean: you still doing renos? We're looking at getting the furnace replaced. Try swimming thru the sea of possible scammers for a good deal
Lilac: perhaps the dog needs Mavis Beacon teaches typing?
What the heck is hubbie doing in a volcano? Filming dangerous planet?
HockeyMum: I still don't know what to think about that Heaven is for real movie; amazingly enough, there's a few sites saying it's BS. The book I was suggesting 'Lights Out' by T.S Wiley is about sleep, sugar & a few other things that might be interesting to the folks in here.
Justme_Sara: menu looks good
aboard 7littleAngels & Cruzer28 & anyone else I may have missed.

Did I mention that the vitamix makes awesome margaritas? Yes, I know not to plan but you gotta live too
CdnPaleoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2014, 11:06 AM   #452
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LilacBruze
Stats: 272/231.2/175ish
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 7/19/2014
Ha! It was not the dog's fault but I DID have a lot of distractions while counting on my fingers. The first time was correct, the second time I guess I counted an extra finger and didn't even have any margaritas! <-- love them, btw.

DH decided he wanted to go to Iceland for vacation for reasons that will forever be unknown to me. One of the known reasons was the number of volcanoes there. He had the same "volcano fever" when we vacationed in Hawaii some years back and was actually disappointed that there wasn't any activity while we were there. Lava does it for him, I guess?

We have 3 dogs that are all rescues, the latest one being a gigantic boxer/great dane/tyrannosaurus rex hybrid that thinks he is the same size as the pekingese and shih tzu. He wants to crawl in my lap, at 85 lbs. He misses the man of the house as well, but he enjoys sleeping on his side of the bed while he is volcano-hunting in Iceland. The dog's Sleep Number is 55, btw. DH will have to adjust that when he gets home.

Last edited by LilacBruze; 06-14-2014 at 11:07 AM..
LilacBruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:39 AM   #453
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Hey ya'll! Just wanted to stop in and say Hi and i'm still alive. So much going on! My Dad is better (Thank God) but will probably have surgery next month. My kids are out of school for summer. Yay! I guess Lol! Son has a job at the school so he's gone all day so it's me and Dd here. She's 13 and already bored Lol! We've started the dvd's I got so hopefully that'll help They go to Church camp next week
I'm still job hunting. Weight is still even. No gain or big loss. Hoping to be around more soon!

"Normal" BMI 8/30/13!
45 Lbs Lost! 10/07/12
50 Lbs Lost 10/23/12!
55 lbs lost 1/24/13!
60 Lbs Gone 6/20/13
*Quit Smoking Jan 5th 2014!!*
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:57 AM   #454
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Mthergoos: Wow, you must be skinny!! I never seen those tiny bones on top of the shoulder till I was a skinny and starving, 118 lb, 20 yr old!! Good for you!! So haven't peaked at the scale lately??? I would bet you're down AGAIN cause it doesn't sound like you've added anything to your plan yet!!

Lilac: You're so cute and very funny to boot (ha-ha that rhymed!)

Avaleigh: Wow, major milestones accomplished. You are doing awesome. All the best to you and KUTGW!!

Hi Shelly: Missed you girl! Figured you'd be a little busy with school being out. Glad your ds found something for the summer... mine finally did too. Pop in and say hi more often!!

CPG: (sorry for the abbrev.) When I bought this house I called a very reputable service company and they told me the heat exchanger was cracked. I was advised to call MB Hydro as they do free inspections. Shocker... nothing wrong with my heat exchanger so they saved me about 4-5K!!!! I always check the BBB now! Always!!
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 12:03 PM   #455
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Bonny, I did check the scale the other day, and it hadn't changed. That's what comes with adding exercise for me, no more scale losses. LOL But no, I still haven't added anything except the exercise.
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:06 PM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
Avaleigh congrats!! You will do it! Lilac those are great pix and of course you will do it! And i think that you're right...maintaining is extremely difficult.
Hi mthrgoos..you're such an inspiration
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:13 PM   #457
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Bonny, I did check the scale the other day, and it hadn't changed. That's what comes with adding exercise for me, no more scale losses. LOL But no, I still haven't added anything except the exercise.
So now you're gonna be a "toned" skinny girl!! Even better!!
Old 06-14-2014, 01:18 PM   #458
Major LCF Poster!

Question: A little sensitive subject but has anyone with a big weight loss noticed any problems with their tail bone hurting?? I know it might sound silly but for the last couple of months no matter where or how I sit down, it hurts my tail bone. Funny as it might sound, I've lost my whole butt and have zero padding.... yeah, kinda gross but just wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem?? How embarrassing.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:25 PM   #459
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks so much DQ! I definitely feel the same about you!

Bonny, don't be embarrassed! I'm pretty sure we all know that there are no holds barred here, we talk about everything! Even if sometimes poor James and PaleoGuy end up hearing about thing they would rather not! I can't say that I have that problem, but I still have more behind than I would like to. That's one of the things that I'm hoping the exercise will help tone up.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:39 PM   #460
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meme
WOE: Atkins-2002 New Diet Revolution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Question: A little sensitive subject but has anyone with a big weight loss noticed any problems with their tail bone hurting?? I know it might sound silly but for the last couple of months no matter where or how I sit down, it hurts my tail bone. Funny as it might sound, I've lost my whole butt and have zero padding.... yeah, kinda gross but just wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem?? How embarrassing.
Yes Bonny-Jean, Me too!
Meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:57 PM   #461
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 5'4" 178/150.6/128
WOE: modified Atkins nutritional
Start Date: April 16 2014
June 1 158
June 2 158.2
June 3 didn't weigh in
June 4 157
June 5 156.6
June 6-8 ???
June 9 155
June 10 153.8
June 11 153.6
June 12 153.6
June 13 153.6
June 14 153. 25 lbs down!

Up and ready for work. I miss so much when I sleep.
My tail bone pretty much stays covered no matter what I weigh. My sit bones on the other hand are a little sore as I went on a long bike ride with dd this morning.
Dogs sleep number is 55. That cracks me up.
So much more to comment on but I gotta get going. Positive thoughts for all!

Last edited by Leanne21071; 06-14-2014 at 06:04 PM..
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:12 PM   #462
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Yes on the tailbone pain! Lol! I broke mine about 4 yrs ago sledding with my kids and my Cousins kids. I was being pulled behind a 4wheeler and they took me over a Ramp! I about killed those kids! Well after I could walk again anyway. Omg I literally could not sit for a week without a pillow. It still hurts if I sit on a hard chair for long.
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:52 PM   #463
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shrinking
Stats: 263/172/155 5'8"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyQueen View Post
I can't believe that I took an hour to write this, but I feel strongly about quackery and fraud. So here goes:

Sometimes threads on sites like this one get subtly hijacked, and serious discussions about weight loss get sidetracked by talk about miracle cures for obesity, or other syndromes/diseases. I’ve been on this board for more than 13 years, and I’ve seen them all. I’m sure you have, too. Well, I feel that I have to stand up for the science, and not the fads, and not the false hopes and dreams on which gullible and desperate people spend money, thinking that their problems will be solved – in this case – being fat.

So, regarding hcg, some of you who truly believe in hcg will want to argue with me (and that’s OK, because I am right!): I am writing this not for the believers, but for folks here who are thinking that hcg mght work for them. I want to convince you that it’s a bad idea before you spend your hard-earned money on quackery. I beg you to remember the old, crusty but true adage: If it sounds too good to be true, it is. Hcg fits comfortably right in the "too good to be true” category.

There is no good science –that means ZERO -- showing that hcg works for weight loss. If you think that it reduces your cravings while you are on a 500 calorie a day diet, then fine, whatever floats your boat. I know that some of you say that you lost weight while you were taking it, but the placebo effect can be pretty powerful. But the science simply is not there. Of course, with every substance like that, there are anomalies. So, great, if it works for you.

As for homeopathic hcg drops, that cinches it – if you are taking them, you are taking a product with either zero or trace amounts of hcg, which means that whatever is happening, how it works for you, is all in your head. Homeopathic equates to quackery and fraud. Again, the science is not there. However, if you think that it works for you, great! But these products, which, by the way, are banned over the counter, are worthless. You can believe anything you want to believe and that is exactly what you are doing – believing. And there is nothing wrong with that, if you get results. However, the idea that hcg works for weight loss has been around for a long time and, believe me, if that were true, we all would be taking it. And we’d all be thin. Also, I just looked at some of the internet available products and many were “hormone free” – well I have news for you – that’s not hcg.

Even if you still don’t believe me, scientists agree that only hCG injections result in elevated levels of hcg in the blood. ONLY INJECTIIONS. Any other way – sublingual drops,pills, etc. are worthless. Also, the FDA has banned OTC hcg. Banned.

Aside: By the way, I am a journalist – a very old fashioned journalist, for 38 years (newspapers and two national TV networks), and one of my areas of expertise is medical science. I often cover medical conferences and FDA advisory panel meetings, and one of my sub-specialties is obesity drugs and devices. I read and talk about clinical trial results every week. Often, an FDA panel will recommend approval of a drug or device because, while it may not work well, it works SOME, and it doesn’t cause any harm. For example, this happens a lot with the skin rejuvenation and fat reducing devices, which, while they work only incrementally, are not harmful. But, while the FDA will clear some of these (useless) devices, it will never consider hcg for weight loss because the benefits are nil and do not outweigh any risks.

The government is out to get you: Really? Some of you think that the FDA is working AGAINST you and your children's interests? OK, let's get rid of the FDA! Let's let every person who can come up with a name for his/her company also market 20 cancer cures and we'll sell it to you with no penalties if we're lying, or if what I'm selling you hurts you or your children! As a matter of fact, I have a weight loss product that I'm making here in my dining room out of dead mice carcasses. Believe me, it works! You will lose 5 pounds a day! AND it's delicious!

I consider part of my role as a journalist to press the government, including the FDA, on everything. However I do believe that, the FDA has the people's best interests in mind. It may not always do it in the best way. As matter of fact the, government is pretty darned broken, including the FDA. But the whole point of the FDA is to keep potentially harmful products off the market. It's amazing to me what totally useless products it clears, but that's the American way. Go ahead and buy the things and good luck!
Another aside: By the way, I have to say how tired I am hearing about the so-called “starvation mode.” There isn’t much science there, either, regarding normal people who cut their calorie intact drastically. Some people spout about how one must eat a certain number of calories a day, and, if you’re not losing, up your calories. Even the Weight Watchers people say that the idea that not eating enough causes the body to stop losing weight because it goes into “starvation mode” -- is nonsense!

Aside #3: It’s like the old myth about 8 glasses of water a day (and don’t get me started!!!)

Now guys, you may be beginning to get the idea that 1. I don’t believe anything without solid proof, and neither should you. 2. I’m an old-fashioned journalist, and I believe in solid, validated science, not hearsay, not anecdotes. 3. I have been interested in weight loss all of my chubby life, and I have tried almost everything (NOT hcg!). 4. I am highly suspicious of new fads and diets and weight-loss products, because the odds are that they do not work.

(The sad thing is that, while bariatic surgery works in the short term, it does not work in the long term. And, even sadder, the approved drugs work, but not to the degree most overweight and obese people need them to work. But that’s another subject which I will address another time, because it involves some even harsher doses of reality, basically having to do with how so few obese/overweight people who lose a lot of weight – keep it off. But I don’t want to be too much of a Debbie Downer right now.)

One question that came to mind just now re: hcg: Do women who want to get pregnant and take the injections lose their appetites? I think not. But, again, anyone who eats 500 calories a day will lose weight.

And yet another aside: A lot of people have made a lot of money selling hcg or pseudo hcg (because that is what homeopathic hcg is) to people who are desperate to lose weight. One of them, the King of the Con Men, Kevin Trudeau, was sentenced in March to 10 years in jail for his fraudulent activities. The FTC sued him for making false claims in theinfomercials for his book “The Weight-Loss Cure 'They' Don’t Want You to Know About,” with which he made millions of dollars. Oh I can go on about him; he is the epitome of the ultimate sleazebag. So what does that say about the so-called hcg diet? Just asking.

For FDA critics:
You can criticize the FDA all you want – and it deserves a boatload of criticism. Seriously. I have many serious problems with the FDA. I cover many, many FDA advisory panel meetings on new drugs and devices. And, yes, the FDA made a big mistake in approving the combination drug fen-phen , and that’s why there hasn’t been a new anti-obesity drug in more than a decade until this latest one (which, by the way, is another incremental, NOT blockbuster drug).

On Himalayan salt:
I already wrote here about that pink Himalayan salt. I have have traveled extensively in the Himalayas, including three trips to Tibet, which once was a sea bed. No one there eats pink salt. People who are selling it are trying to scam you. If you don’t care that you are paying ten times the price of other salts (and that’s a completely discussion – what is real salt and what is fabricated salt and what is the difference, then fine. Neither do I! I read a BOOK about salt not too long ago which opened my eyes. Do you know that most of the salt that you eat isn’t salt? It’s chemicals—NOT mined salt! My advice: of course you haven't heard bad things about pink himalayan salt because it's not harmful. But it IS expensive. SAVE YOUR MONEY! (PS you can take baths with it)

But. at the end of the day, it all comes down to common sense, and science. Atkins works for me. It has always worked for me as long as I followed it to the letter. I come from a family of large people. I am a thin person. It works for me. Now, hcg or pink salt or 30 glasses of water a day or 5 miles a day may work for you, and I applaud you if you lose the weight using those things/methods. But keep your eye on the prize, and believe in science.

BADDABING: yes stop drinking pregnant women’s urine IMMEDIATELY ! GROSSS -- and YES that's what hcg is -- the urine of pregnant women.

Hcg side effects: YMMV. For women trying to get pregnant, it is a very useful tool. For homeopathic hcg side effects, there probably aren't any, because there probably isn’t any hcg in those drops
Wow! Interesting stuff! All I have to say is hhcg is the first time in my life that I was able to lose weight. I've used homeopathis as well as Rxinjections. Both work exactly the same. I had absolutely no hunger. The weight falls off. My problem is learning how to eat to keep it off. Every time I've done a round of hhcg or hcg, I lose weight. I've been low carb for 12 years but hcg helped me lose the weight, nearly 100 lbs worth! It was my last resort before Slimband. I'm looking to Atkins as a way of life for hopefully keeping the weight off that I just lost from 23 days of hcg. I can see maybe one more tweaking round of hcg in my future ( so far no losses with Atkins) then I hope my body which is thoroughly resistant to losing weight will keep the weight off this time!
All I can say is trust me, hcg is the absolute only thing that has ever worked for me! I'm so glad I found both hcg and Atkins
Shrinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:44 PM   #464
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meme
WOE: Atkins-2002 New Diet Revolution
Shrinking, Wow, That is great!!
But what is HCG?
Meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:03 AM   #465
Major LCF Poster!

Morning All

Looks like I'm all alone on the boards this morning. Woke up to leg cramps and a bloated tummy. Too much bacon yesterday?? I only had that and a few chicken pcs for supper, then a sf jello pop w/hwc?? Not sure what the puffy tummy is all about but I see a gain this morning and no explanation??

May 31....164.0

June 1..... 166.2
June 2..... 165.8
June 3..... 164.9
June 4..... 164.6
June 5..... 164.8
June 6..... 164.2
June 7..... 163.4
June 8..... 162.8
June 9..... 162.4
June 10... 162.0
June 11... 162.2
June 12... 161.8
June 13... 161.4
June 14... 161.2
June 15... 162.3
Old 06-15-2014, 04:47 AM   #466
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
15 June Father's Day

Morning Bonny-Jean & the rest of you crawling out of bed.
Just doing a quick check in here; have to drive Junior to a Cadet Parade, hurry back & get dressed up then head back to watch all the pomp etc.

Have a great day folks & happy Father's day to the fellow Dads in the audience
Check in later.
Bonny-Jean: your cramps have me scratching my head; with the magnesium & potassium supplements, you should be ok. Question of dose perhaps?
CdnPaleoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:12 AM   #467
Major LCF Poster!

G'morning!

Bonny - I always drink more water when I eat bacon due to my sodium sensitivity. I always bloat when salt is involved and it's a vicious cycle because it makes me so thirsty but then my body wants to hold onto to the water. It is not unusual for me to be able to retain TEN LBS in excess water - sometimes I give in and take a water pill and yes, when I used to weigh daily... 10 lbs gained overnight and 10 lbs gone in one day, I kid you not.

DH has left Iceland and is currently en route to JFK. I hope I don't miss his coming home but I am seeing my dad first in the early afternoon. Happy Father's Day to all the daddies out there!!
Old 06-15-2014, 05:14 AM   #468
Major LCF Poster!

CPG: Happy Daddy's Day
I've upped mag, pot, D and calcium to daily max's and although it's only been a few days, woke up at 5 this morning to a good one! Jumped out of bed and couldn't even straighten my foot out to relieve the cramp. Took a few seconds of excruciating pain for the foot to relax enough to get rid of the cramp. Ugh, I guess I have to go talk to my doctor!
Old 06-15-2014, 05:18 AM   #469
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilacBruze View Post
G'morning!

Bonny - I always drink more water when I eat bacon due to my sodium sensitivity. I always bloat when salt is involved
You're probably right although I only ate maybe 2 pcs as I overcooked it and gave most to the dog. I don't drink any water on the weekends so that might have helped flush the sodium. And I guess increasing sodium doesn't help with leg cramps either!!! Apparently!
Glad your hubs is coming back today. Yay! Ha-ha, just thought about his "bed number" being changed! I'm sure he'll be amused!
Old 06-15-2014, 05:23 AM   #470
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/231/149
Start Date: January 2, 2014
It's a beautiful sunny morning! Happy Father's Day to the Dad's!!

May 31 - 284.7
June 7 - 280.6
June 10 - 279.1
June 11 - 277.9
June 12 - 276.6
June 13 - 275.1
June 14 - 275
June 15 - 273.6

At this rate I'm definitely going to make my goal to 270 this month!!

What are these foreign things being talked about here?! Hip bones? Tail bones.? Collar bones? Bones on the tops of the shoulders?!?! I'm not sure I even have those things!! You can be sure that I'll be on the lookout for those alien bones in my body and I'll be shouting about them from the rooftop (and probably posting pics) once I DO find them!!

My son and his wife are coming over for dinner tonight (other son has to work). Hubby wants takeout Chinese food (yay I won't have to cook!). I'll be having some leftover steak. My splurge for the day will be the coffee jello I make!! SO YUMMY!!

Hope everyone has a good day today.

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Kimbersh47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:25 AM   #471
Major LCF Poster!

TWO pieces? That is some restraint, there. When I eat bacon I cook half the package!
Old 06-15-2014, 05:31 AM   #472
Major LCF Poster!

Do you know how hard it is to take a picture of 3 writhing dervishes who have not been fed yet? I had to snap over 20 pics before one was decent enough to share. Excuse the unmade bed... it's still early here, lol.

These are our furbabies - I wanted to snap a photo to say "We miss you Daddy" to post on DH's Facebook page.

I love the look on the mutant's face - he's all like, "Cheeeeese"!

Old 06-15-2014, 05:53 AM   #473
Major LCF Poster!

Ah, that's SO precious!! Wow, a lot of love there.
That should make your hubby smile. Thanks for sharing. Love them furbabies.
Old 06-15-2014, 06:06 AM   #474
Major LCF Poster!

Kimber - your results so far are wonderful! Keep on, keeping on! You'll feel and see those mythical bones soon enough!

Well, in the interest of full disclosure, I sort of fell into the margaritas last night. I won't blame CdnPaleoGuy for putting the bug in my ear but my BFF called me and said he was going to come over and I bought some tequila and zero calorie margarita mix to entertain with. Then he ended up not coming over (we've been friends for almost 30 years and although I was even his "best man" at his wedding, his wife does not like me and made sure he couldn't come to visit me). I had picked a bunch of strawberries from the garden to add to the blender already and... and... well... I drank my dinner, I guess. I'm a lightweight, not a big drinker at all, and 2 margaritas knocked me out!
Old 06-15-2014, 07:04 AM   #475
Major LCF Poster!

Kimber congratulations on your 50 pounds...truly a milestone!

It's anothe gorgeous day here ...before the heat wave rolls in...but i'll be working inside ...boo hoo.
June 1 142.3
June 2. 141.5
June 4. 144.1
June 5. 142. Whew! ,
June 6. 142.5
june 7. 142.25
June 8. 142
June 10 142
June 13 141.5
June 14 141
june 15. 140.75
Old 06-15-2014, 09:04 AM   #476
Major LCF Poster!

The quest for a casserole dish that I like continues. This morning I chopped up 1/2 lb of Canadian bacon, pan-fried it, then made a crust of sorts with fontina and swiss cheese and half the Canadian bacon, to which I added 4 eggs, 1 cup shredded swiss, 1 cup hwc, the rest of the Canadian bacon, garlic and a bunch of fresh herbs. It's baking now.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:31 AM   #477
Major LCF Poster!

i make my own version of chiles rejenos in a casserole. I get about six or eight of the biggest anaheim peppers I can find, put them in a glass baking dish with a small amt of water and microwave for 8 or 10 minutes, and let them cool. I make a filling using a mix of grated cheese, mashed cauliflower, an egg, a little extra eggwhites, tabasco sauce, cumin, and whatever other spices/ salt/pepper i feel like adding. Then I add sour cream until it's a bit gloppy. I take each cooled pepper, carefully pull the top of with seeds - and throw them away. then i slit each pepper down the top and get rid of the remaining seeds. I stuff each pepper, rolling it back into its (sort of) original shape and place in the greased baking dish. I think use whatever might be left and add another egg and cream and cheese and pour over the peppers so that they are covered. Top with a layer of grated cheese. Put in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes, then down to 350 until the top is nice and brown.
If I could find rotel in the groceries, I'd use that too.

First started Atkins April 1, 2002.
Lost 40 pounds back then and maintained for almost 8 years...then carb creep crept. I've always been low carb, but went hard core again in March 2012.
Hey! You don't have to drink all that water!

Last edited by DairyQueen; 06-15-2014 at 09:32 AM..
Old 06-15-2014, 09:37 AM   #478
Major LCF Poster!

DQ - that actually sounds pretty darn delicious. Any reason you use anaheims instead of poblanos?
Old 06-15-2014, 10:37 AM   #479
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/231/149
Start Date: January 2, 2014
DQ - Where in Maine are you from? Hubby and I have a beach house in York Beach, Maine that we try to get to at least twice a year. Believe it or not, our favorite time to visit is December! We love to experience the snow (not something we see in Alabama) and we also like that there aren't so many people around.
Kimbersh47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:43 AM   #480
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kimber, you're doing a GREAT job and don't worry, you'll have bones popping out all over the place in no time!

Lilac, LOVE your furbabies! Do they all sleep on the bed with you? Our 3 all do, and they're all 3 pitbulls, so as you can imagine, there is VERY little room for people!

Bonny, Is it maybe the heat or humidity causing you to retain a little water?

James and PaleoGuy, Happy Father's Day!!