Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2014, 06:02 PM   #421
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LilacBruze
Stats: 272/231.2/175ish
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 7/19/2014
Bonny - 67 lbs in 9 months is FABULOUS! Don't get discouraged when the losses slow. Your fat cells are still emptying, being replaced with water, before your body flushes the water out and flattens those fat cells. You're still losing! And a whoosh will come your way soon, you'll see!
LilacBruze is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2014, 06:03 PM   #422
Major LCF Poster!

Okay 10 months, I can add, I swear!! Still fabulous!

Last edited by LilacBruze; 06-13-2014 at 06:06 PM.. Reason: fat fingers
Old 06-13-2014, 06:10 PM   #423
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /155 / 138 - 143
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilacBruze View Post
Okay 10 months, I can add, I swear!! Still fabulous!
Well, apparently you CAN'T!!!

It's 9 months on the 16th.

Geez, woman!!! Don't make it worse!!
Bonny-Jean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:12 PM   #424
Major LCF Poster!

Where'd that extra finger come from???

I edited my post too because I had typed 7 instead of 10!

Holy hell woman, you lost lots of weight in not that long a time, okay??

Last edited by LilacBruze; 06-13-2014 at 06:13 PM..
Old 06-13-2014, 06:15 PM   #425
Major LCF Poster!

In my defense, the room was dark, I had a dog in my lap, it's a full moon...

... and you already know that I'm a dork.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:17 PM   #426
Major LCF Poster!

ha-ha, gotcha!!!

Really.... gonna blame the dog!!
Old 06-13-2014, 06:30 PM   #427
Major LCF Poster!

Don't I get points for getting it right the first time? Sheesh!
Old 06-13-2014, 07:10 PM   #428
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
I can't believe that I took an hour to write this, but I feel strongly about quackery and fraud. So here goes:

Sometimes threads on sites like this one get subtly hijacked, and serious discussions about weight loss get sidetracked by talk about miracle cures for obesity, or other syndromes/diseases. I’ve been on this board for more than 13 years, and I’ve seen them all. I’m sure you have, too. Well, I feel that I have to stand up for the science, and not the fads, and not the false hopes and dreams on which gullible and desperate people spend money, thinking that their problems will be solved – in this case – being fat.

So, regarding hcg, some of you who truly believe in hcg will want to argue with me (and that’s OK, because I am right!): I am writing this not for the believers, but for folks here who are thinking that hcg mght work for them. I want to convince you that it’s a bad idea before you spend your hard-earned money on quackery. I beg you to remember the old, crusty but true adage: If it sounds too good to be true, it is. Hcg fits comfortably right in the "too good to be true” category.

There is no good science –that means ZERO -- showing that hcg works for weight loss. If you think that it reduces your cravings while you are on a 500 calorie a day diet, then fine, whatever floats your boat. I know that some of you say that you lost weight while you were taking it, but the placebo effect can be pretty powerful. But the science simply is not there. Of course, with every substance like that, there are anomalies. So, great, if it works for you.

As for homeopathic hcg drops, that cinches it – if you are taking them, you are taking a product with either zero or trace amounts of hcg, which means that whatever is happening, how it works for you, is all in your head. Homeopathic equates to quackery and fraud. Again, the science is not there. However, if you think that it works for you, great! But these products, which, by the way, are banned over the counter, are worthless. You can believe anything you want to believe and that is exactly what you are doing – believing. And there is nothing wrong with that, if you get results. However, the idea that hcg works for weight loss has been around for a long time and, believe me, if that were true, we all would be taking it. And we’d all be thin. Also, I just looked at some of the internet available products and many were “hormone free” – well I have news for you – that’s not hcg.

Even if you still don’t believe me, scientists agree that only hCG injections result in elevated levels of hcg in the blood. ONLY INJECTIIONS. Any other way – sublingual drops,pills, etc. are worthless. Also, the FDA has banned OTC hcg. Banned.

Aside: By the way, I am a journalist – a very old fashioned journalist, for 38 years (newspapers and two national TV networks), and one of my areas of expertise is medical science. I often cover medical conferences and FDA advisory panel meetings, and one of my sub-specialties is obesity drugs and devices. I read and talk about clinical trial results every week. Often, an FDA panel will recommend approval of a drug or device because, while it may not work well, it works SOME, and it doesn’t cause any harm. For example, this happens a lot with the skin rejuvenation and fat reducing devices, which, while they work only incrementally, are not harmful. But, while the FDA will clear some of these (useless) devices, it will never consider hcg for weight loss because the benefits are nil and do not outweigh any risks.

The government is out to get you: Really? Some of you think that the FDA is working AGAINST you and your children's interests? OK, let's get rid of the FDA! Let's let every person who can come up with a name for his/her company also market 20 cancer cures and we'll sell it to you with no penalties if we're lying, or if what I'm selling you hurts you or your children! As a matter of fact, I have a weight loss product that I'm making here in my dining room out of dead mice carcasses. Believe me, it works! You will lose 5 pounds a day! AND it's delicious!

I consider part of my role as a journalist to press the government, including the FDA, on everything. However I do believe that, the FDA has the people's best interests in mind. It may not always do it in the best way. As matter of fact the, government is pretty darned broken, including the FDA. But the whole point of the FDA is to keep potentially harmful products off the market. It's amazing to me what totally useless products it clears, but that's the American way. Go ahead and buy the things and good luck!
Another aside: By the way, I have to say how tired I am hearing about the so-called “starvation mode.” There isn’t much science there, either, regarding normal people who cut their calorie intact drastically. Some people spout about how one must eat a certain number of calories a day, and, if you’re not losing, up your calories. Even the Weight Watchers people say that the idea that not eating enough causes the body to stop losing weight because it goes into “starvation mode” -- is nonsense!

Aside #3: It’s like the old myth about 8 glasses of water a day (and don’t get me started!!!)

Now guys, you may be beginning to get the idea that 1. I don’t believe anything without solid proof, and neither should you. 2. I’m an old-fashioned journalist, and I believe in solid, validated science, not hearsay, not anecdotes. 3. I have been interested in weight loss all of my chubby life, and I have tried almost everything (NOT hcg!). 4. I am highly suspicious of new fads and diets and weight-loss products, because the odds are that they do not work.

(The sad thing is that, while bariatic surgery works in the short term, it does not work in the long term. And, even sadder, the approved drugs work, but not to the degree most overweight and obese people need them to work. But that’s another subject which I will address another time, because it involves some even harsher doses of reality, basically having to do with how so few obese/overweight people who lose a lot of weight – keep it off. But I don’t want to be too much of a Debbie Downer right now.)

One question that came to mind just now re: hcg: Do women who want to get pregnant and take the injections lose their appetites? I think not. But, again, anyone who eats 500 calories a day will lose weight.

And yet another aside: A lot of people have made a lot of money selling hcg or pseudo hcg (because that is what homeopathic hcg is) to people who are desperate to lose weight. One of them, the King of the Con Men, Kevin Trudeau, was sentenced in March to 10 years in jail for his fraudulent activities. The FTC sued him for making false claims in theinfomercials for his book “The Weight-Loss Cure 'They' Don’t Want You to Know About,” with which he made millions of dollars. Oh I can go on about him; he is the epitome of the ultimate sleazebag. So what does that say about the so-called hcg diet? Just asking.

For FDA critics:
You can criticize the FDA all you want – and it deserves a boatload of criticism. Seriously. I have many serious problems with the FDA. I cover many, many FDA advisory panel meetings on new drugs and devices. And, yes, the FDA made a big mistake in approving the combination drug fen-phen , and that’s why there hasn’t been a new anti-obesity drug in more than a decade until this latest one (which, by the way, is another incremental, NOT blockbuster drug).

On Himalayan salt:
I already wrote here about that pink Himalayan salt. I have have traveled extensively in the Himalayas, including three trips to Tibet, which once was a sea bed. No one there eats pink salt. People who are selling it are trying to scam you. If you don’t care that you are paying ten times the price of other salts (and that’s a completely discussion – what is real salt and what is fabricated salt and what is the difference, then fine. Neither do I! I read a BOOK about salt not too long ago which opened my eyes. Do you know that most of the salt that you eat isn’t salt? It’s chemicals—NOT mined salt! My advice: of course you haven't heard bad things about pink himalayan salt because it's not harmful. But it IS expensive. SAVE YOUR MONEY! (PS you can take baths with it)

But. at the end of the day, it all comes down to common sense, and science. Atkins works for me. It has always worked for me as long as I followed it to the letter. I come from a family of large people. I am a thin person. It works for me. Now, hcg or pink salt or 30 glasses of water a day or 5 miles a day may work for you, and I applaud you if you lose the weight using those things/methods. But keep your eye on the prize, and believe in science.

BADDABING: yes stop drinking pregnant women’s urine IMMEDIATELY ! GROSSS -- and YES that's what hcg is -- the urine of pregnant women.

Hcg side effects: YMMV. For women trying to get pregnant, it is a very useful tool. For homeopathic hcg side effects, there probably aren't any, because there probably isn’t any hcg in those drops

First started Atkins April 1, 2002.
Lost 40 pounds back then and maintained for almost 8 years...then carb creep crept. I've always been low carb, but went hard core again in March 2012.
Hey! You don't have to drink all that water!

Last edited by DairyQueen; 06-13-2014 at 07:25 PM..
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:15 PM   #429
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilacBruze View Post
Don't I get points for getting it right the first time? Sheesh!
Yeah, okay but not as funny!
Old 06-13-2014, 07:30 PM   #430
Major LCF Poster!

oops

Last edited by DairyQueen; 06-13-2014 at 07:31 PM..
Old 06-13-2014, 10:36 PM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

DQ - I do appreciate your research and opinion. Believe me, had I not been there and done that, I would most likely feel and believe exactly as you do. I do apologize if you feel that I had any intention of hijacking this (or any) thread. The fact of the matter is, I don't particularly care if homeopathic drops contain real HCG or not, or even if they contain the urine of pregnant women (they don't, but let's pretend that they do, thousands of women flock to have Botox injections, which is nothing more than glorified botulism). At the end of the day, all that matters to me is that I tried, stuck with, and completed a diet that I was absolutely able to stick with, that I started at 241 lbs and ended it at 165 lbs, that I was monitored by a doctor with absolutely NO ill effects, that I felt great, and that for me and me alone, worked like no other diet ever had. Had I not experienced it myself, I would certainly not believe it. But I can't pretend otherwise or claim to the contrary.

My HCG journey is well documented here on LCF and is available in archive, should anyone care to search. Blood test results, doctor visits, loss stats, menus, everything from start to finish. The proof is in the pudding, so to speak. For anyone equally curious, the reason(s) behind my gain and inability to maintain the losses are also documented here, but that's a sadder story by far, unfortunately.

I do believe in the science behind it, and I do believe in the results - and I will never claim otherwise. We're going to have to agree to disagree, I'm afraid. Hope that's okay.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:48 PM   #432
Major LCF Poster!

BTW- re: Kevin Trudeau - you are absolutely right about him and I'd kick him in the shins if he was standing before me right now for his false claims about HCG resetting your metabolism and you'll never have to diet again. But the diet existed well before he got the idea to capitalize off of it. He did not invent it. He tainted it with his greed and false claims.

I believe in the starvation mode only because again, I have experienced it. Now, it may well be true that I did not lose weight while doing 1000 calories a day because of carb content, I won't ever know, that was a long time ago. But 1000 calories a day for a month with only a 4.5 lb loss makes a person wonder. And even if you DO lose weight on 500 calories a day without HCG, there is the hunger versus no hunger question. Anyone who has fasted and been ravenous when doing it has to wonder why there is no hunger while on HCG.

I have no opinion on Himalayan salt. I did get a bunch of it for dirt cheap when a store was going out of business but have to admit, I got it more for the novelty than anything else.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:44 AM   #433
Major LCF Poster!

Lilac, i just want to say that i stand up and applaud you for doing such a great job and losing all that weight! I think that losing weight is one of the most difficult things to do, period. I've struggled all my life, and each time i get to my goal weight i promise myself that i'll never let myself get fat again. It is a constant, daily struggle.

So, anyway, congratulations on doing that, because it really is an awesome accomplishment (and that's for every other successful loser on this thread and website).

I didn't mean to write such a screed,btw! I don't know what got into me!
Old 06-14-2014, 05:55 AM   #434
Major LCF Poster!

Hey everyone! Did i spoil the party? I hope not...lilac and i wer just having a lively discussion!! Please carry on!

I am heading to a high school girls reunion and the. My band's performing at HonFest in bawlmer (baltimore)!
Old 06-14-2014, 05:57 AM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 5'4" 178/150.6/128
WOE: modified Atkins nutritional
Start Date: April 16 2014
Just got home from work and had a big breakfast. I'll weigh in tonight before work.
I buy pink salt as it looks nice in my grinder. I pay the the same as the regular sea salt. It taste good and I don't use as much when I grind it verses using a shaker.

I will say I was intrigued by the non hcg drops for the hcg diet. I even looked them up online and Wal-Mart sells a few different kinds.

At this time I will stick to my bacon diet. I took hcg while going through IVF but didn't lose any weight and I was always hungry. But I eat when emotional and the whole rollercoaster ride on infertility is very emotional.

Ketosis is my appetite suppressant now. Although I did the 5 / 2 intermittent fasting and after the first week I was no longer hungry on my fasting days. It was really a pain to plan events and get togethers on eating verses non eating days. I watched the documentary on the BBC. I also watched the one on juice fasting. I now have a masticating juicer that I love and look forward to seeing again.
When all is said and done I would like to juice one meal a day just to get in all my extra veggies in and help keep my calories down. For now it makes great yonanna ice cream for dd and dh.

DQ thank you for the research. I am glad there is no infomercial as I would still want to try it. I have issues
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:09 AM   #436
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/260/149
Start Date: January 2, 2014
officially down 55 lbs this morning!!

DQ- There is no need to apologize for posting about something that you feel passionate about. I enjoyed the information by both you and Lilac. It is good to get different views. I was tempted by the whole thing a couple years ago but wanted to do it "by the book" and at the time, there was no access to the injections and I wasn't willing to settle for the substitution drops. In the end, glad I didn't do it because it doesn't teach ya how to eat long term. I feel like LC is the answer for me because I can see myself eating this way for the rest of my life!

Off to work! Will catch up later

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Kimbersh47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:11 AM   #437
Major LCF Poster!

DQ - I'd totally take the congrats had I actually been able to sustain the weight loss. I worked so hard to lose 105 lbs in 2011 (the first 30 of it was doing low carb) only to gain most of it back due to emotional eating. I came back to LCF with my tail between my legs a few months ago and here I am today, still needing to lose at least 50 more pounds.

Regardless of what method one employs for losses, losing the weight is actually the easiest part. The fact remains that if you do not permanently change the eating habits that got you to be overweight in the first place, you'll re-gain the weight. For me, I have learned the hard (and depressing) way that my body DOES NOT LIKE carbs, plain and simple. Not simple carbs, not complex carbs, not in moderation, not in anything. In addition to the weight gain, carbs cause my body to generally not be happy - bloating, cravings, I could go on. I'm moving forward having learned this valuable lesson - that I have to give up carbs pretty much permanently.

I read some article from the NY Times somewhere or other about a study that was done on obese people who lost a lot of weight and why they regain the weight so quickly. Details are hazy and I can't find the article now, but the gist of it was that their hormone levels never balance out to that of a non-obese person, even after a year of maintaining their losses. That their bodies still wanted to act like they never lost the weight. It made sense at the time and I sure wish I could find it now.
Old 06-14-2014, 06:19 AM   #438
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 7littleangels
Stats: 220/220/140
WOE: Atkins '72/ Healthy eating for life
Start Date: 6/12/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanna1970 View Post
Just had a bacon McDouble without the bun. Yum. Now if I can stay away from my daughter's fries....
I went to Wendy's and had their thriple burger. I ordered just the buger. I would have eaten the fries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddabing View Post
I always said that if there was such thing as an ice cream diet I would have 3% body fat. Well today my work did an ice cream bar and I did not have any. Not really so much because of the diet but mainly because ice cream gives me gas and I will be in a packed spin class in 2 hours and I don’t want to be “that guy”

Daughter is coming up to visit for the weekend so I guess I will be bust doing that.

Good job on not indulging in the ice cream. Have fun with your daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanna1970 View Post
So, we got back from the carnival. I had a teensy piece of DD's elephant ear. I know! Bad me! Hopefully it wasn't enough to affect the scale. We also came home with a goldfish. I really didn't think she would win that game! She proved me wrong. We put him in a new bowl, and gave him some fish food, but it looks like he is spitting it out. I think we got the picky fish.

James, pregnant women's urine! That is sick! Hilarious, but sick!
Great Job!! I have no self control. I would have eaten the whole elephant.
7littleangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:21 AM   #439
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, lilac, when i cover the anti-obesity drug panels at the FDA, there's always one panelist who announces that people who lose weight will almost always gain it back. I can't believe that it's 2014 and scientists haven't been able to come up with something that is noninvasive and works. The last medication that was approved, Belviq, was the first one in 13 years, but it isn't a silver bullet by any means...the average weight loss is 5% or less.
Anyway...
June 1 142.3
June 2. 141.5
June 4. 144.1
June 5. 142. Whew! ,
June 6. 142.5
june 7. 142.25
June 8. 142
June 10 142
June 13 141.5
June 14 141
Old 06-14-2014, 06:28 AM   #440
Major LCF Poster!

Leanne - that is why I am here... the bacon diet, lol!! My daughter is a vegetarian and HATES that I am doing low carb right now... she HATES the smell of bacon. Every time she complains, I say to her, "How did you come from my body???" Hating bacon... does not compute!! Also, as passionate as I am about homeopathic HCG, I will say that I don't believe the non-HCG drops work.

Kimber - congrats!! I saw your post about me not being the biggest member of the club... it feels good to know that I am not alone in this "room" full of smaller people, lol. I see all those 160's, 150's, 140's and get a bit wistful remembering how I was a size 10 not too long ago. We can do this!!

The HCG protocol DOES teach long term eating behavior, but it requires daily weighing long-term and immediate corrective action. I got lazy, and I got sloppy. And I am paying dearly for it now. Anyone who slips back to eating for pleasure and not for fuel, overindulgence, and eating the wrong foods is a train wreck waiting to happen - I am proof of that. I HATE Kevin Trudeau and anyone else who made the ridiculous claims of HCG resetting your metabolism and that you'll never have to diet again. Much better to adapt to a WOE that does not require such intense scrutiny and diligence... knowing that you can eat bacon and steak and eggs and bunless burgers and other sorts of rich and rewarding foods without having to weigh daily or count each calorie - yes, that is definitely the better way for the long haul for most of us.

Last edited by LilacBruze; 06-14-2014 at 06:35 AM..
Old 06-14-2014, 06:36 AM   #441
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Good morning! We are at the lake and the girls are still sleeping. The men went fishing so it's just me, coffee, and my iPad. I love the peace and calm before the crazy chicks wake up I have steaks all ready for dinner tonight after hopefully a nice long day on the lake.

On the whole HCG debate, it did work for me and that's all I can offer. I did test with ketostix every morning on HCG and they would be dark purple. So maybe the HCG, diet, and ketosis all helped with the hunger. I say whatever works for you, go for it!!!

Mothergoos - I totally understand on taking a day off during the week. The lake today will be super crowded! I hate when my kids are in the water and rental boats go zooming by not following the rules of the water. We've watched numerous boats hitting other boats while docking at this restaurant/bar we go to. If you have a drivers license they rent you a boat here whether you know how to drive and dock it or not!

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! I hate typing on an iPad btw
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:42 AM   #442
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Everyone is on a different weight loss journey so different things will "speak" to them and work for them. I have never considered the hcg method so I don't have any real opinions on it. I'm a firm believer in, if you want to try, try it. Only you know what will work for you. As far as trying the pink sea salt. I'm seeing a lot of positives from people who aren't sellers. I'm sure there are scammers dying their salt pink and selling it as authentic. But I don't see how a salt that is mined isn't better than salt that is made with chemicals. However, not everyone will agree and its fine. Different journeys for different folks.

Everyone here is doing wonderful. Losses may be slow at times but the bottom line is, we are getting closer to our goals. Its going to be a crazy weekend so I won't be able to respond a lot but I'll definitely be reading.
BulldogMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:48 AM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

Morning All

I know where Sandy is but where have you gone Shelly?? How are things going with you?? I also need my daily MamaG fix!!!

DQ & Lilac: loved reading all your information!! DQ, don't ever feel like we don't want to hear your opinions!! LOVE THEM!! I think it's great that we can hear different points of view on other subjects and make our own decisions on what we do with that information. Education is priceless so I for one, love hearing everyone's take on issues. Very, very interesting.
Gracie: Oh, so envious you're at the lake!! Wish I was there!

Kimber: Huge congrats on your journey so far! WTG!!

Now if someone can come up with a cure for my nightly leg cramps, I would be forever grateful. I've upped my pot and mag, added calcium recently, cut down on caffeine, had hormone and blood work done....... I have honestly tried pretty much everything you've all suggested so I guess it's back to the doctor to see if he can figure it out???

June 1..... 166.2
June 2..... 165.8
June 3..... 164.9
June 4..... 164.6
June 5..... 164.8
June 6..... 164.2
June 7..... 163.4
June 8..... 162.8
June 9..... 162.4
June 10... 162.0
June 11... 162.2
June 12... 161.8
June 13... 161.4
June 14... 161.2 Good Lord!
Old 06-14-2014, 09:28 AM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

Bonny - so sorry about the leg cramps. My only thought was to up your mag but you're already doing that.

My breakfast casserole was a bit anti-climactic. I don't know what it is about cooked yolks that I dislike so much. It's got to stem from some traumatic childhood incident. All the food aversions I have can be traced back to something silly from my childhood. For example, I do not eat crab or lobster like, ever. I'm sure it tastes wonderful but I will never know. When I was about 6 years old, my grandfather brought home a big styrofoam cooler full of crabs that he had just caught (I used to spend the summers with my grandparents in Long Island, NY). He thought it would be ohhhhh so funny to dangle me above the open container full of snapping crabs. 39 years later and I have not touched a crab.

This was also the man who took me to see Jaws at the movie theater and that same night lurked at the foot of the stairs going duhhhh duh..... duhhhh duh. To this day I will swim in the Pacific Ocean but never the Atlantic.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:36 AM   #445
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avaleigh
Stats: 252/181/160
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: August 2013
Hi everyone. I just wanted to drop by and say hi. I've been extremely busy lately and unable to keep up with posting, or even check the boards. Everyone looks like they are doing fantastic!! Excellent weight loss all around. Just wanted to say even though I'm not checking in or posting everyday, I still think about you guys and send positivity your way! I have a new job, new schedule, more hours, taking care of my parents in the off time, doing some freelance work as well. I'm still exercising daily, still sticking to my plan! My plate is full so to speak. I've been keeping myself extremely busy.

I hit my 70 lb loss recently. My weight loss is very slow coming, but I'm ok with it. I feel good. Nothing I have to wear fits anymore. All great signs. I need to go shopping for clothing one of these days!!!

I'm thinking of you guys, and wishing you well. Keep fighting the good fight. I'm still suffering through it with you guys in spirit!

I'll be working toward my next mini goal of 172, which will be an 80 lb loss when I get there. I'm keeping the motivation. Sticking to my goals. It's still rather foreign to me, my new body. It feels different, literally. I can feel structures I didn't know where there lol. My muscles feel loads different. It's exciting. I'm to that point now when I see someone I haven't seen in a while, the first thing they mention is my weight loss. That's a good feeling, validation.

Keep moving forward. Every single person here is capable and willing to go the distance and get it done. I have faith in all of you. Just keep pushing through. I'll check in soon ( I hope! ) Take care all!
Avaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:42 AM   #446
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats to you, Avaleigh! I know what you mean about your body being foreign to you. When I had gotten down into ONEderland before, I felt hipbones for the first time in my entire adult life! I didn't know I had them, lol. By the time I got into the 170's, I had to sleep with a pillow between my knees because my kneecaps bumping together when I slept on my side drove me nuts. Funny, I complained about it all at the time and would do anything to feel those "foreign objects" again. Some day!!
Old 06-14-2014, 10:46 AM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/139.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Good Morning Friends!!

Bonny, so sorry the leg cramps aren't getting better! I just don't know what else you can try, it sounds like you've tried all the known cures. On the plus side, you're still dropping on the scales! Okay, slower than you'd like, but you're moving! Any loss is exciting!

BulldogMom, enjoy your crazy weekend!

Gracie, I know exactly what you mean. And where we live is a big party town, so a lot of the people out there driving their boats on the weekends have been drinking too, so we just don't go anywhere near the lake during weekends or holidays. The older I get, the less patience I have for people doing stupid stuff, and drinking and driving your boat rates right up there with extremely stupid stuff. Stay safe and enjoy your weekend!

Lilac, Oh my goodness! Your grandpa sounds very memorable! LOL What a character!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
250 ~ Weight I need to be under to Zip Line in Vegas with my daughter! Made it! 6/4/13
240 ~ Weight I need to be under to go SkyDiving with my niece! Made It
225 ~ Halfway There. 75 Down, 75 To Go! MADE IT! In just under 6 months!
199 ~ Onderland Here I Come! Made It!! 11/7/13
166 ~ No Longer Obese - Made it 3/14/14
150 ~ Ultimate Goal, Half my body weight gone Made it! 5/23/14
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:47 AM   #448
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avaleigh
Stats: 252/181/160
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: August 2013
You'll get your kneecaps back in no time!
Avaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:49 AM   #449
Major LCF Poster!

This picture makes me sad, because I allowed myself to regain so much weight. But it also makes me happy, knowing I did it before, and I can do it again!

The before pic was me at about 260 lbs. The after was me at 175 and a VERY happy size 12. I honestly don't think I can be - or want to be - smaller. I have been plus-sized since I was about 20 years old, and at 45 now, I don't think I could sustain a smaller size or lower weight for the long term. So 175 is my goal and I really, truly hope to reach it before the end of the year.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:49 AM   #450
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/139.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Avaleigh and Lilac, I'm right there with you! I keep telling my BF, "Feel these bones on the top of my shoulders! Who knew there were bones there!" LOL Not the collar bones, but the actual little bones on the top of the shoulder, I've never in my life felt those before! And in yoga the other night, we were laying on the floor and rolled over onto our sides to stretch and it's definitely less comfortable when you feel like you're laying there on your bones instead of having all the fat padding. No complaints though! I'm thankful for these things!
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote