Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2014, 04:25 AM   #391
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 5'4" 178/150.6/128
WOE: modified Atkins nutritional
Start Date: April 16 2014
June 1 158
June 2 158.2
June 3 didn't weigh in
June 4 157
June 5 156.6
June 6-8 ???
June 9 155
June 10 153.8
June 11 153.6
June 12 153.6
June 13 153.6

Even though the scales not moving 2 lbs a week is an amazing total. Bonny Jean I hope to reach my goal by Christmas! I of course want it gone yesterday and will be pleased it it gone sooner but when I look at weight loss calculators from other sites the end of November is what pops up with no stalls. Any chin up, you are doing great!

M goos you have done such a fantastic job. This is what you have been working for. If you need to take another week or two but now is your time to enjoy the new you.
Have you tracked calories at all? I plan on tracking when I get close to goal and when I add in more carbs I will subtract the extra calories from my protein or fat Dr. Atkins said they do count. You learned how to eat to lose and were successful. Now you will learn how to eat to maintain and you will also be successful. Remember the worst that can happen as long as you pay attention is the scale might go up a few pounds. If that happens you always have induction to go back to. Enjoy a mushroom just try to go slow and only add in 5 carbs a week.
You got this!
Sorry to pop on and off so quick but life is calling.
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2014, 04:39 AM   #392
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Morning All

Great day, although Friday the 13th! After all, it's still Friday!

Hey Sandy... how are you today. Almost ready to jump across the pond tomorrow?

Leanne: Thanks for the support. You're doing great yourself!! I seem to average about 1.25 a week which isn't terrible of course but again, we all want better results than that but I'll deal with it! I'm hoping when I get to maintenance I will have no problem adding a food per week and watch results and tweak accordingly. I feel confident that I will be able to mentally handle scale fluctuations, well I'm hoping anyway.

I'm wishing you all a great scale today and a great day overall!

June 1..... 166.2
June 2..... 165.8
June 3..... 164.9
June 4..... 164.6
June 5..... 164.8
June 6..... 164.2
June 7..... 163.4
June 8..... 162.8
June 9..... 162.4
June 10... 162.0
June 11... 162.2
June 12... 161.8
June 13... 161.4
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:17 AM   #393
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
Good morning everyone!!
It's friday the 13th!

I didn't weigh yesterday because i had to get up way too early to cover an FDA meeting on adrug-eluting balloon for peripheral atey disease (below the kneee)...

Guys... Please don't waste your hard-earned money on so-called himalyan pink salt or hcg...
There is no such thing as a miracle cure. Hcg is a hormone found in the urine of pregnant women, and it's used mainly to treat female infertility. There are no clinical trials that show it works for weight loss. The literature is scant. It is only available by injection...those drops and otc products are scams. Thus ends my Lecture for the Day!

June 1 142.3
June 2. 141.5
June 4. 144.1
June 5. 142. Whew! ,
June 6. 142.5
june 7. 142.25
June 8. 142
June 9 142
June 10 141.5

First started Atkins April 1, 2002.
Lost 40 pounds back then and maintained for almost 8 years...then carb creep crept. I've always been low carb, but went hard core again in March 2012.
Hey! You don't have to drink all that water!
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:46 AM   #394
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LilacBruze
Stats: 272/231.2/175ish
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 7/19/2014
Have to politely disagree with you, DQ. That "scam" lost me 80 lbs. However, the "scam" as far as I am concerned is claiming it resets the body's metabolism and that once you lose the weight, you won't re-gain it. The diet DOES work but if you don't change your eating habits permanently, the weight definitely comes back. So is it a "cure" - most definitely not. But it IS a way to lose weight quickly without hunger or ill effects. I felt great when doing it, had awesome energy, and the pounds literally melted off.

Last edited by LilacBruze; 06-13-2014 at 05:47 AM..
LilacBruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:19 AM   #395
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 7littleangels
Stats: 220/220/140
WOE: Atkins '72/ Healthy eating for life
Start Date: 6/12/2014
Good Morning!

The scale is up a pound today, but I'm not stressing it. I have been doing a ton of yard work. I feel sorry for my children. I start the day out with one thought and the next thing you know we are painting fences.

We are all worn out.

Good Job to all those seeing a loss, today.
7littleangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:55 AM   #396
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vanna1970
Stats: 165/156/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 1, 2014
Hey all,

Our Start of Summer festival started yesterday, so my daughter and I went down to the carnival. I was really afraid of all that carnival food tripping me up, but I did well. My daughter got a snow cone and I got a Diet Pepsi. Phew! I was so glad I didn't go off the deep end. But...we are going back today and my daughter wants an elephant ear. Yikes!

I was down a half pound this morning, so clipping right along.

Kimber, great weight loss! You're doing wonderfully!
vanna1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:57 AM   #397
Senior LCF Member

I may have to rethink my 155 goal for June.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:16 AM   #398
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 7littleangels
Stats: 220/220/140
WOE: Atkins '72/ Healthy eating for life
Start Date: 6/12/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanna1970 View Post
Hey all,

Our Start of Summer festival started yesterday, so my daughter and I went down to the carnival. I was really afraid of all that carnival food tripping me up, but I did well. My daughter got a snow cone and I got a Diet Pepsi. Phew! I was so glad I didn't go off the deep end. But...we are going back today and my daughter wants an elephant ear. Yikes!

I was down a half pound this morning, so clipping right along.

Kimber, great weight loss! You're doing wonderfully!
You did great! I love fair time. We are more small town, so the food is not a huge draw. But, if we had a huge fair with the foods I see of T.V. I would be doomed.
7littleangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:23 AM   #399
Major LCF Poster!

lilac - of course you are going to lose weight if you limit your calories to 500 a day!

how many injections of how much did /do you get?

FROM THE FDA:
HCG Makes Big Claims

HCG is a hormone that is produced by the human placenta during pregnancy.
Products that claim to contain HCG are typically marketed in connection with a very low calorie diet, usually one that limits calories to 500 per day. Many of these popular HCG products claim to “reset your metabolism,” change “abnormal eating patterns,” and shave 20-30 pounds in 30-40 days.

“These products are marketed with incredible claims and people think that if they're losing weight, HCG must be working,” says Elizabeth Miller, acting director of FDA’s Division of Non-Prescription Drugs and Health Fraud. “But the data simply does not support this; any loss is from severe calorie restriction. Not from the HCG.”

HCG is approved by FDA as a prescription drug for the treatment of female infertility, and other medical conditions. It is not approved for weight loss. In fact, the prescription drug label notes there “is no substantial evidence that it increases weight loss beyond that resulting from caloric restriction, that it causes a more attractive or ‘normal’ distribution of fat, or that it decreases the hunger and discomfort associated with calorie-restricted diets.”

HCG is not approved for OTC sale for any purpose.

Last edited by DairyQueen; 06-13-2014 at 07:25 AM..
Old 06-13-2014, 07:42 AM   #400
Major LCF Poster!

and here are the potential side effects of HCG:

HCG side effects
Stop using HCG and get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these signs of a blood clot: pain, warmth, redness, numbness, or tingling in your arm or leg; confusion, extreme dizziness, or severe headache.
Some women using this medicine have developed a condition called ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS), especially after the first treatment cycle. OHSS can be a life-threatening condition. Call your doctor right away if you have any of the following symptoms of OHSS:
• severe pelvic pain;
• swelling of the hands or legs;
• stomach pain and swelling;
• shortness of breath;
• weight gain;
• diarrhea;
• nausea or vomiting; or
• urinating less than normal.
HCG can cause early puberty in young boys. Call your doctor if a boy using this medicine shows early signs of puberty, such as a deepened voice, pubic hair growth, and increased acne or sweating.
Less serious side effects may include:
• headache;
• feeling restless or irritable;
• mild swelling or water weight gain;
• depression;
• breast tenderness or swelling; or
• pain, swelling, or irritation where the injection is given.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:43 AM   #401
Major LCF Poster!

Well, again I will have to politely disagree. When you only consume 500 calories a day, your body actually goes into starvation mode and you don't lose weight. As I posted a few pages back, the HCG combined with the very limited calories forces your body to burn fat for fuel because it's can't burn enough food for fuel. And of COURSE the FDA poo-poos it. Doesn't mean they're right.

I did not do the injections, I did the homeopathic drops. I did 2 rounds - my first was 90 days and my second was 60 days. The diet is not for everyone. I wish I could have my head in the game enough to do it again as I lose weight twice as quickly on it as I do on low carb.

By the way, my doctor monitored me regularly while I did the HCG diet, he was concerned and curious and did not want me to do it. I will not only state that my blood levels on everything improved, but that I actually went from being type II diabetic to having completely normal A1C levels. He could not believe I was able to accomplish the weight loss along with improving my overall health. My cholesterol dropped, my glucose dropped, all other levels were completely normal.

The metabolism reset thing is the only thing I totally agree is a scam. It's part of the reason Kevin Trudeau is in jail right now. But the weight-loss is real, and not due to the 500 calories alone. I once did a low-fat diet for 30 days where I limited my calories to less than 1000 a day. I ate like a rabbit with no cheats and at the end of 30 days I had barely lost 5 lbs.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:54 AM   #402
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Good morning and happy Friday We are heading to the lake today after work for a nice relaxing Father's Day weekend. Hoping the weather is good. The forecast looks promising. I'm still managing to stay on plan but I always do good during the week. It's the weekends that are mentally hard for me. Anyone have any good plans for the weekend?

DQ ~ I also had great success with the hcg and never experienced any of those side effects. I was pregnant 3 times and the hcg was flowing through my body with no ill effects either. Pregnant women all over the world are producing hundreds of thounds of iu of HCG in their bloodstream. They prescribe it in units of 10,000+ for fertility and when you're on hcg for dieting you are only taking 125-200 units. It's a tiny dose. Yes if you would do the 500 calorie diet without HCG you would lose weight but you would be starving. With the hcg you are seriously not hungry at all. The best way to explain it is think about a pregnant woman who is so sick for the first couple months that she cannot eat. This happened to my SIL. She would throw up everything. Well, this is when HCG does it's magic. It releases the stored brown fat to nourish the fetus. If you are not pregnant and using HCG the stored fat is just released. If you read the protocol it does indeed make a lot of sense. But, I tend to believe the RX HCG is the best way to go if you want to actually reset your metabolism. I always did the homeopathic - lost the weight but couldn't keep it all off.
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:02 AM   #403
Senior LCF Member

Seems to me the Atkins diet is pretty controversial as well, but here we all are. When you read either the DANDR book or Dr. Simeons Pounds and Inches Away they both make great sense and work for those who do it the right way. If we listened to all of the naysayers and the government, we wouldn't be eating the way we are and getting healthier. It's always best to read the book for yourself and decide. There is a free pdf of Dr. Simeon's book online. Read it and see if it's for you.
June 11 - 157
June 12 - 156.5
June 13 - 156
June 23 - 159.5 (vacation)
June 25 - 159
June 26 - 157.5
June 27 - 157
Old 06-13-2014, 08:09 AM   #404
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanna1970 View Post
Seems to me the Atkins diet is pretty controversial as well, but here we all are. When you read either the DANDR book or Dr. Simeons Pounds and Inches Away they both make great sense and work for those who do it the right way. If we listened to all of the naysayers and the government, we wouldn't be eating the way we are and getting healthier. It's always best to read the book for yourself and decide. There is a free pdf of Dr. Simeon's book online. Read it and see if it's for you.

Also, I don't put much trust in the FDA. Remember Fen-Phen??? That was approved and people got sick and even died from it. The big pharma had to shell out 2+ billion in lawsuits over that drug.
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:11 AM   #405
Senior LCF Member

IMHO, I don't think the government really has our best interest in mind.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:35 AM   #406
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Everyone is doing great with their losses! Today is the last day of school. It seems everyone is already trying to use up our free time. I like to not make plans so that we can just go whenever the mood hits us.

DairyQueen, I don't know about the hcg for use in diets. I used it during my rounds of IVF and feel like the side effects mentioned were usually due to the combination of drugs that caused a woman to produce a lot of eggs at once followed by the hcg shot that caused the eggs to mature before retrieval.

As far as the pink sea salt, I haven't read anything negative about it. I don't expect miracles from it but if its even slightly better than the over-manufactured table salt, its still a win win situation.
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:47 AM   #407
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: yeagerdee
Stats: 226/145/140
WOE: hHCG/LC
Start Date: 2009
QUOTE=LilacBruze;16942368]Have to politely disagree with you, DQ. That "scam" lost me 80 lbs. However, the "scam" as far as I am concerned is claiming it resets the body's metabolism and that once you lose the weight, you won't re-gain it. The diet DOES work but if you don't change your eating habits permanently, the weight definitely comes back. So is it a "cure" - most definitely not. But it IS a way to lose weight quickly without hunger or ill effects. I felt great when doing it, had awesome energy, and the pounds literally melted off.[/QUOTE]

I agree w/ Lilac , looooove me some HCG, 40 lbs gone this year. 20 last year and the year before. Maintenance is the hard part though.
yeagerdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:54 AM   #408
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: yeagerdee
Stats: 226/145/140
WOE: hHCG/LC
Start Date: 2009
[QUOTE=LilacBruze;16942532]
By the way, my doctor monitored me regularly while I did the HCG diet, he was concerned and curious and did not want me to do it. I will not only state that my blood levels on everything improved, but that I actually went from being type II diabetic to having completely normal A1C levels. He could not believe I was able to accomplish the weight loss along with improving my overall health. My cholesterol dropped, my glucose dropped, all other levels were completely normal.

Wow, same with me, all my lab work came back perfect, including thyroid, it totally fixed itself while I was on HCG. I am so "happy" on HCG wish I could stay on just for that feeling.
yeagerdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:25 AM   #409
Senior LCF Member

Just had a bacon McDouble without the bun. Yum. Now if I can stay away from my daughter's fries....
Old 06-13-2014, 02:40 PM   #410
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
Start Date: 1/27/2014
I always said that if there was such thing as an ice cream diet I would have 3% body fat. Well today my work did an ice cream bar and I did not have any. Not really so much because of the diet but mainly because ice cream gives me gas and I will be in a packed spin class in 2 hours and I don’t want to be “that guy”

Sp plan for today, stay on my food plan. Go to the gym and do spin on the brand new bikes (excited), then weight. If I have any gas in the tank I will also do 30 min HITT run, and if I still have gas in the tank I have been eyeballing the stair machine and am curious what that’s is like. I guy in the gym claimed the equivalent of the empire stats building in 12 minutes on that thing. How insane is that?

Daughter is coming up to visit for the weekend so I guess I will be bust doing that.

LilacBruze – I can’t even imagine what your job must be like. Maybe your clients are mostly business. That would not be as bad. SPEAKING OF SOFTWARE! Where is my recovery thing HP?????? WHERE!!!!!!! Hopefully you don’t work for HP.

DairyQueen – From what you wrote am I to understand I should stop drinking pregnant women’s urine? I have been trying to have a baby for 20 years now and so far nothing but really bad breath.

Survive

Last edited by Baddabing; 06-13-2014 at 02:41 PM..
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:31 PM   #411
Senior LCF Member

So, we got back from the carnival. I had a teensy piece of DD's elephant ear. I know! Bad me! Hopefully it wasn't enough to affect the scale. We also came home with a goldfish. I really didn't think she would win that game! She proved me wrong. We put him in a new bowl, and gave him some fish food, but it looks like he is spitting it out. I think we got the picky fish.

James, pregnant women's urine! That is sick! Hilarious, but sick!

Last edited by vanna1970; 06-13-2014 at 03:33 PM..
Old 06-13-2014, 04:42 PM   #412
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
James, you always make me laugh! I love your posts!

Bonny, you are definitely having a good month! You'll be in the 150's VERY soon!!

Gracie, no exciting plans for the weekend here. Just working. We prefer to work the weekends and take a day off during the week when there aren't as many people out on the lake. We're taking Wednesday off next week. My son and I did take just the morning off and my BF was sweet enough to cover the shop for me for a few hours. My son and I went down and just swam and got some sun on the lake. It was a really great way to spend a morning!
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:37 PM   #413
Major LCF Poster!

I think fish spit the food out if it is not soft enough. Every fish I've ever had did that at one point or another.

I was so excited to get a pre-made pond that someone was giving away about 8 years ago. Took so long to get it set up, get pond plants for it, and 3 gorgeous koi fish that I named Lock, Stock, and Barrel. It was a wonderful thing until my very obese - and always hungry - pug dog discovered that sushi was delicious. RIP Lock, Stock, and Barrel.

No, I do not work for HP, and yes we collect from businesses but don't be fooled, it can be just as bad as collecting from consumers. I get hung up on, sworn at, threatened, etc. You've gotta have a pretty thick skin to put up with all that, so they ply us with the monthly bonus. That's a pretty effective carrot to dangle in front of your nose.

Had bacon and eggs for breakfast, and leftover (cold) NY strip steak for lunch. I'm not really hungry for dinner and missing DH something fierce. Today his itinerary included going out to sea to observe whales, seals, and puffins. I'm sure he'll bring home some great pictures. I believe tomorrow, he is planning to visit the Icelandic Phallological Museum (google it ) and then he comes home on Sunday.

I'm going to be baking a low carb breakfast casserole for breakfast tomorrow. Nothing fancy, just some diced pork loin, swiss cheese, eggs and heavy cream. Since it's only me eating it, I reckon it will be lunch and dinner as well.

TGIF, everyone!
Old 06-13-2014, 05:42 PM   #414
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lilac, I'm enjoying your posts as much as James's! You are so cute! Your meals sound great, and right on plan. Have you used the HWC before? Some people do fine with it and some stall with it, so just something to keep in mind. I could NOT do the work you do. I would go home crying every night! LOL But I did work as a waitress for MANY years, and I would sometimes go home crying after that too, so maybe I'm just a wuss. LOL
Old 06-13-2014, 05:54 PM   #415
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you! I always try to keep a sense of humor about everything. It makes life more fun.

Make no mistake, I sometimes lose it on a call. Just last week one reduced me to tears and I had to ask for time off the floor to go compose myself. I put up with an awful man insulting me, taunting me, demanding ridiculous things and generally being extremely unpleasant for 36 minutes before I asked him to call back and ask to speak to my manager and terminated the call. Of course, my boss then played back the call and told me all the things I said wrong. It's so easy to play Monday morning quarterback. it's quite different to attempt to be professional for over half an hour when someone is ranting like a lunatic on the other end of the phone.

I've never had problems with hwc - I rely on it heavily when in the maintenance phases of HCG - although nowadays I do not use nearly as much as before.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:56 PM   #416
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Bonny, you are definitely having a good month! You'll be in the 150's VERY soon!!
Thanks MamaG, that's very kind of you but really if you look at May 31st, it's
only 3 lbs in 14 days!!! For being 99% on plan, it seems very average to even a little slow but I am okay with any drop and again, thanks for your unwavering support... always so appreciated!
Old 06-13-2014, 05:58 PM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok good, I forget that you have experience with this way of eating and probably already know what works for you and what doesn't. You already know what you're doing! LOL Yeah, you are far more patient than I am, I don't think I could have taken that for 30 minutes!
Old 06-13-2014, 05:58 PM   #418
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bonny, I still believe you are doing AWESOME!!!
Old 06-13-2014, 05:59 PM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

What made me lose it on that call was that the jerk made it personal after a certain point. When I stuck to quoting policy and refused to give into his unrealistic demands, he taunted me with things like I was just a pencil pusher, and was I having a bad day, etc. Then he made a comment along the lines of, "What's the matter, you got personal problems at home or something?" Only my boss and HR know about DH's diagnosis, and although it had absolutely NOTHING to do with the way I handled that call, it just hit home and hurt. It was then I realized the man was not going to let up and I had to do something. Funny thing though, my day was fine until that call came along.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:00 PM   #420
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Bonny, I still believe you are doing AWESOME!!!
Love ya, MamaG