Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2014, 08:02 AM   #361
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 7littleangels
Stats: 220/220/140
WOE: Atkins '72/ Healthy eating for life
Start Date: 6/12/2014
Thanks for the welcome.

My goal is to stay about induction levels. I am doing '72 version.
I have around 80 pounds to lose and I am type II diabetic. I have been off and on lowcarb for 13 years.

I am challenging myself for 30 days and would like to see 10 pounds lost.

I have a vacation coming up the 4th of July and the week after. We are staying in a full kitchen condo, so I am planning on continuing with my 30 day challenge.
7littleangels is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2014, 08:07 AM   #362
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: justme_sara
Stats: 210/186/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2014
Morning all -

Lilac - When DH is working night shifts, I always sleep in his shirts! It's amazing what a sense of comfort it bring isn't it? Glad he's having a good time in Iceland!

Looks like we've got some sneaky criminals on our hands with all the passport fraud, illegal computer usage, mattress tag tearing, and cast iron skillet bashing folks It's nice to start my morning out with you all, boosts my mood for sure

Gypsy - Congrats on your anniversary! My hubby & I met in 10th grade also! I believe that family is family no matter in what order it is created.

Sandy - so sorry to hear about your FIL, have a safe trip, & know we will all be thinking of you.

I love the Himalayan pink salt, although it is fairly expensive here so I don't use it much. I've also cooked with the smoked version & it is FANTASTIC. When doing ribs/heavy protein it gives it a flavor that you can't get with anything else. It can cause an allergic reaction though, something about how it is "true earth" and not processed or "purified" before being sold. Kinda like unpasteurized milk or eggs.

Last day of work for the summer for me, already have a "mommy day" planned for tomorrow! DH got me a little spa package for mother's day & I'm gonna take full advantage of it tomorrow, a little treat for the beginning of summer!

We're going with a friend's family to the pool this afternoon & I've got to go bathing suit shopping @ lunch today Hoping it won't be too devestating as I haven't tried on a bathing suit since pre-pregnancy & that was over 2 years ago!! Wish me luck

Sticking with Meat/Eggs/Bulletproof coffee for this week, hoping it can get my motivation factor up.

Bardboiled Eggs, Tuna with Egg & Mayo, Steak with Fried Egg today..

Hope everyone has a great day & stays on plan!
justme_sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:32 AM   #363
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiggy
Stats: 84.6kg/76.8kg/60kg
Start Date: 3 March 2013
Hi everyone, sorry for not replying lately, haven't had a chance to get on here. And now that I'm here, I have 6 pages to catch up on!!! So let me go do that and will be back later so can reply properly!

Just wanted to say Sandy, if you do want to see a real dentist whilst you are back in TO, can highly recommend mine - Dr Oram at the Markhamgate Dental Clinic in Markham. He's up by the 407 or Major Mac north of Toronto. I stupidly saw a couple dentists here in the UK and they messed me up big time so much so that it took me three years for Oram to fix everything! He even gets covered on my insurance.

Bulldog, yes Himalayan salt is far superior than any other salt, including natural sea salt because it contains so many trace elements and minerals. You can even buy a slab of it to cook on! I only use it and buy the rock version for my grinder and the milled version for my salt pig.

Right, promise will be back later once I have a chance to read what everyone has been up to!!!
Tiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:33 AM   #364
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cruzer28
Stats: 191.4/191.4/130
Start Date: Restart Date 10/13/14
Hi everyone! I have only been a part of this website for a few days and was hoping I could join your group? You all sound very supportive of everyone and I think I could learn a lot! I started Atkins induction phase on June 2 and have already learned a lot from this website.
cruzer28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:51 AM   #365
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
Start Date: 1/27/2014
Welcome cruizer.

Last night my trainer worked us so hard I almost puked. They say pool classes are for sissy's but those people have taken this one. I could barely walk or lift my arms to scratch my nose.

Tonight the gym is doing an event where live musicians come and perform by the pool. You just sit there, enjoy the music, enjoy the scenery, and enjoy the wine. Might be my best workout every, weather permitting.

No recover tool last night, maybe tonight. I just want to know if I am going to have to buy a new computer or not already!

Everyone enjoy your day. See you on the flip side.

Survive
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:09 AM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
MtherGoos, Glad to see you posting. But I'm really glad to see you enjoying life!

Gracie, I've always had cysts so there really isn't anything that needs to be done. They usually go away on their own. Being on bcp now will help control them and my hormones. I'm confused though as to what causes the other though. Do unbalanced hormones cause the cysts or do the cysts unbalance the hormones?

Bonnie-Jean, I found the pink sea salt at our local grocery store but its sold at health food stores too. There's a lot of promising info about it. WTG on your loss! One ounce at a time is still an achievement when you're so close to goal!

CdnPaleoGuy, I hated the ending of Dexter. Maybe because it was so anti-climatic or because it was the ending of the series. True Blood better not end on a bad note. At least I still have my Game of Thrones.

Michelle, You do not look old enough to have kids in their 20s! You are doing something right for sure!

Sandy, sending hugs and prayers for you and your family. And you know this group isn't going anywhere!

PinkCadillac, I'm glad you're back. Sometimes we stumble here and there. The important thing is that you are back.

7littleangels, Welcome! I think everyone here kind of does their own thing and we all just support each other in our journeys.

lilacbruze, It sounds like your dh is having a good time! Hopefully you'll get to see him soon though.
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:21 AM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

Sara, Your plans for tomorrow sound nice! If you suddenly disappear we know not to hunt you down. LOL

Tiggy, So glad to see you popping in again!

cruzer28, Welcome! Everyone seems to be a different version of Atkins. I myself started on '92 version of induction. I pretty much stick to that with a few variations.

James, you are doing fantastic with the fat loss! Your workouts sound like fun.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:26 AM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

I said that I wasn't going to weigh but I lied. I lost 4 lbs of the 6 that I gained during that weird week. I still feel bloated and heavy so I know the cysts are still affecting things. But at least the gains have stopped. Hopefully the meds are starting to kick in.

On another note about the crazy lab. It goes back and forth from heavy downpours to a light rain. My lab, who is supposed to be a water dog, refuses to potty in the rain. I have to stand out in the rain with the bulldog and this stupid lab. The bulldog at least has enough common sense to get his business done and over with quickly. Meanwhile, the lab is trying to stand under my umbrella with me.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:27 AM   #369
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogMom View Post
Bonnie-Jean, I found the pink sea salt at our local grocery store but its sold at health food stores too. There's a lot of promising info about it.
So is this sold ground up like table salt?? Do you use the same amounts or less? Yes, from what I read it sounds a lot better than table salt or even regular sea salt. I'm gonna be looking for some. Thanks!
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:31 AM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogMom View Post
I said that I wasn't going to weigh but I lied. I lost 4 lbs of the 6 that I gained during that weird week. I still feel bloated and heavy so I know the cysts are still affecting things. But at least the gains have stopped. Hopefully the meds are starting to kick in.

Great job on the loss. I just had one removed and biopsied and luckily it was nothing! Whew!! And yes, hopefully the meds are kicking in.

On another note about the crazy lab. It goes back and forth from heavy downpours to a light rain. My lab, who is supposed to be a water dog, refuses to potty in the rain. I have to stand out in the rain with the bulldog and this stupid lab. The bulldog at least has enough common sense to get his business done and over with quickly. Meanwhile, the lab is trying to stand under my umbrella with me.

OMG, he sounds like my Bandit but then she's a princess. Also a water dog that is just disgusted when her feet get wet! Duh!! She's learned to walk quickly in the rain and get under the overhang of the garage asap, then she does her business. You really got love LABS to put up with their nonsense sometimes!
Old 06-12-2014, 11:06 AM   #371
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
So is this sold ground up like table salt?? Do you use the same amounts or less? Yes, from what I read it sounds a lot better than table salt or even regular sea salt. I'm gonna be looking for some. Thanks!
The one that I found came in a grinder. I think it has more taste than regular salt so that you could get away with using less.

And thank goodness your biopsy came back negative!

Last edited by BulldogMom; 06-12-2014 at 11:07 AM..
Old 06-12-2014, 11:25 AM   #372
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
Start Date: 1/27/2014
My labs lost all common sense and fear and anything when a ball is evolved. Throw that ball out the door, he will chase it, then shut the door until he goes!

I think with my dogs I could have done it again five minutes later and he would have gone or it again. My dogs I have now are too smart for that.
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:48 AM   #373
Major LCF Poster!

ball ..... squirrel..... same thing!!!
Old 06-12-2014, 12:11 PM   #374
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Wow! There is so much to read and catch up on!!!

First thing I remember is the Pink Himalayan Sea Salt. A friend of mine uses it and she says it has helped her allergies/ashthma. I was half listening when she told me but she takes a glass container and puts 1/2 sea salt and then 1/2 water and lets it sit. She then drinks a shot of the water every day. I will have to google it as I can't remember exactly the WHY and HOW. But I do remember her saying it was good for her. Maybe I should listen better

I was 100% on plan yesterday For dinner I made the parmesan crusted chicken - OMG so good! I used Hellman's mayo and parmesan cheese mixed then sprinkled some crushed up pork rinds on it. It is TO DIE FOR and nobody else even knows there are pork rinds on it. It's one of my favorite LC meals now.

What do you all think about sour cream? I like to mix it with splenda and eat it just like that. It's very low carb and satisfies my sweet tooth. I haven't added it back in yet but I do miss it.

Badabing ~ My chocolate lab is the same way. My kids totally mess with him though. The pretend they are throwing something and he chases it EVERY.SINGLE.TIME We keep thinking maybe ONCE he will realize they aren't throwing anything

CdPaleo ~ Those braces are so $$$$$ I think total it was $5,400 and that included all visits, braces, retainer, follow-up, etc. Our insurance covered half of it. My son's teeth were very bad because he had a bike accident at age 7. His teeth were halfway in and he went over his handlebars and knocked himself out and knocked the teeth back up into his face When they came back in they were all jacked up.

Bulldogmom ~ I'm not sure on the cysts, kind of a chicken or the egg type question Congrats on getting off those pounds!!!

Cruzer, Tiggy, Bonny, Sevenlittle Angels, Vanna, PinkCadillac, MotherGoos and anyone I am missing

Sara ~ So jealous you have the summer off! Enjoy it!

Hockeymum ~ I read the book a long time ago. It was a very good read - think it took me one day. I loved the part where they couldn't find a picture of what Jesus looked like until the one that young girl painted (can't remember her name). That part really made it believable to me.

Sandy ~ Hope you have a safe journey and that everything turns out for the best.

Lilac ~ That's so sweet you are wearing his shirts to bed
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #375
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Oh my goodness! I can't keep up with you all any more!! Love all the activity on here!

Welcome to all our newbies! Glad to have you join us and look forward to sharing your journey!

Bonny, you are doing Amazing! You'll be passing me up before long! The only way that I've seen the Pink Sea Salt sold is in a little grinder.

Sandy, Keeping your family in my prayers and we'll all be here for you when you get back.

Lilac, I think it's very sweet that you miss your hubby so much!

BullDogMom, I'm really glad to see that at least it's been figured out so you know what was causing the problem. I really hope it resolves itself soon!

Gracie, once in a while I'll have some sour cream, but I don't have it regularly. If my BF is having tacos, I'll just have some ground beef with cheese and a little sour cream. It is low carb and high fat, so I don't really think it's too bad for you.

Pink, nice to see you back!

I'm going to try and do a better job of keeping up with everyone!
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:27 PM   #376
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So as I'm wading my way through starting maintenance, I have to say that my body is remaining consistent. I started exercising about 3 weeks ago, and sure enough the scale stopped moving. LOL Happens every time. That's Ok though, I'm at my goal weight, so I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and see what happens. I like the exercise for just feeling healthier and getting my body more limber and moving again. I need that, so I'll keep doing it. I haven't started adding foods back in yet, and I'm a little afraid to since I'm not losing any way at this point.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:01 PM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Mthergoos but at this rate it'll take me till Sept-Oct to lose that last 22.
I'll have to check that salt out. I wonder if Walmart has it. The health food store prices here are incredible!! Sounds like it's nice in a bath too! Do you use it like table salt???
I don't know if I'm gonna pass you cause I should think about exercise too. I was just gonna ask you if you added something new and what was it but I guess you haven't yet. Omg, I can so relate I kind of chuckled cause I can see myself going thru the same thing soon. Like you wanna try something but you're so scared what might happen on the scale! What are we gonna do?? Oh no!! Almost time to "donate" that scale!!!
Old 06-12-2014, 03:13 PM   #378
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bonny, I know what you mean! I'm feeling a little discouraged this afternoon and I really have no reason to! I don't want to lose any more, so I can't be upset that the scale hasn't gone down more, but I would like to add a few things back in, and I'm afraid to start doing that when the scale already isn't moving just with me staying on plan.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:14 PM   #379
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, and yes, you just use it like table salt. I'm not sure about in the bath. I think I would just use Epsom salt for that, but I haven't really looked into it.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:29 PM   #380
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Bonny, I know what you mean! I'm feeling a little discouraged this afternoon and I really have no reason to! I don't want to lose any more, so I can't be upset that the scale hasn't gone down more, but I would like to add a few things back in, and I'm afraid to start doing that when the scale already isn't moving just with me staying on plan.
Holy Hell!
I'm sorry for almost chuckling but I'm freaking out about when my time comes for maintenance cause I know EXACTLY how you're feeling!!
Sorry, I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around being okay to have some raspberries, etc. I think I will do the one new thing for a week and nothing else and see what happens! I'm scared! I'm hoping by then I won't be so "controlled" by that scale! As soon as you go to the "other side" please let me know!
Old 06-12-2014, 03:54 PM   #381
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL! Bonny, the dark side isn't really calling my name yet, but I keep thinking.... Hmmm, maybe I could have just a few mushrooms with my dinner, or..... maybe I could have a few of those sautéed zucchini with my dinner...... but I just can't bring myself to go there. My BF keeps saying....... You know you aren't going to eat those, so why pretend like you're going to? Obviously, he knows me well. I keep telling myself that too, not to worry about the scale. I haven't eaten off plan, the only thing different is that I'm exercising, so I just need to ride it out and let my body adjust. It's hard to do though. I'm so afraid of losing ground.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:19 PM   #382
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cruzer28
Stats: 191.4/191.4/130
Start Date: Restart Date 10/13/14
Thank you for the welcome everyone!

I am very new to atkins, i am just a few days shy of my second week. So my biggest June goal is to keep to the plan the entire month with no cheating! So far so good, but the past two days I have been having MAJOR cravings!

My less pressing but still as important goals is to get back into my gym routine now that I'm feeling my energy go up a bit. I would also love to see 10 pounds total gone by the end of June but I'm trying to focus less on the scale numbers and focus on the healthier diet.

6/2 186
6/12 183.6
cruzer28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:00 PM   #383
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
LOL! Bonny, the dark side isn't really calling my name yet, but I keep thinking.... Hmmm, maybe I could have just a few mushrooms with my dinner, or..... maybe I could have a few of those sautéed zucchini with my dinner...... but I just can't bring myself to go there. My BF keeps saying....... You know you aren't going to eat those, so why pretend like you're going to? Obviously, he knows me well. I keep telling myself that too, not to worry about the scale. I haven't eaten off plan, the only thing different is that I'm exercising, so I just need to ride it out and let my body adjust. It's hard to do though. I'm so afraid of losing ground.
Oh, I hear ya!!! Well, you know what... this tells me our heads are in the right place!! We've learned this and I think we will be successful for life!
Our previous weights and this journey has definitely put the fear of God into us!!
Old 06-12-2014, 05:02 PM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzer28 View Post
Thank you for the welcome everyone!

I am very new to atkins, i am just a few days shy of my second week. So my biggest June goal is to keep to the plan the entire month with no cheating! So far so good, but the past two days I have been having MAJOR cravings!

My less pressing but still as important goals is to get back into my gym routine now that I'm feeling my energy go up a bit. I would also love to see 10 pounds total gone by the end of June but I'm trying to focus less on the scale numbers and focus on the healthier diet.

6/2 186
6/12 183.6
Again, welcome. 3 lbs in 10 days is pretty good! KUTGW!
So what version of Atkins are you doing? What's your menu look like (if you don't mind me asking?)
Old 06-12-2014, 05:07 PM   #385
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HockeyMum
Stats: 139/128/118
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
MotherGoose, I found that after I got down to 130, which I hadn't seen in a couple of years, I tended to cheat a little here and there. The scale would go up a pound or two (or 3 or 4) but would come right back down as soon as I cut out the crap. If I ate vegetables and salads and even fruit. It was almost like I had a new set point. It used to be 135 that I went up and down from, now it's 128. So I do think your body adjusts and as long as you don't eat stupid stuff (and even if you do) in a day or two back on reasonable eating the weight leaves again. I hope this works for you too, as otherwise you become paranoid about eating anything off plan, and that can become an issue in itself. You blow my mind every time I think of how hard you worked to lose half of yourself. So few people are able to do that, you do know that right? You are amazing and I just wanted to tell you that.

Last edited by HockeyMum; 06-12-2014 at 05:08 PM..
HockeyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:24 PM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LilacBruze
Stats: 272/231.2/175ish
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 7/19/2014
I echo what HockeyMum said MamaG (I can never remember what letters are left out of your screen name without scrolling up to look, so forgive me) - to be so focused to lose half of you is an amazing feat. Many cannot stay committed enough to lose even 20 lbs. I am so proud of you and you are definitely my hero on this board and beyond - and I don't even really know you!!
LilacBruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:38 PM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LilacBruze
Stats: 272/231.2/175ish
Start Date: 7/19/2014
Well believe it or not, with DH gone, I have been forgetting to eat. I know that's not the worse crime in the world, but it left me open to temptation today when we had an ice cream social at work. I don't even LIKE ice cream! But I snagged a salted caramel frozen yogurt bar and now have been kicking myself all day for it. I know better than to not plan my meals but that's exactly what I did today. And then my boss asked me to train someone and take a later lunch, so the deli downstairs was closed by the time I was free.

My boss and I had words this morning about my being shorted on my bonus. Technically, it was fair that I didn't get the extra $$. My whole point was though, he knew how I would react to his decision and rather than send a group email posting the stats for the month AND THEN LEAVING, he really should have pulled me aside to at least give me a head's up and why he decided to not rule in my favor. He KNEW I would be upset. And chose to bail and deal with it later and I just thought we had a better relationship than that. He admitted it was wrong of him and apologized, and I guess that will have to do instead of that $200 I was shorted because there's no way to get it now.

I am grateful that we get a monthly bonus on top of a decent salary but trust me, we work HARD for that bonus and set records constantly for our efforts. I work in customer service for a software company and our bonus comes from chasing after hundreds of customers who habitually run almost 90 days past due. In other words, our base salary comes from being a customer service rep and answering the phones, but the bonus comes from how much money we collect from problem accounts. Sometimes there is a gray area over who collected what, or who gets stuck with the account when the customer doesn't pay. It can get cutthroat sometimes and this was the case and why I got shorted.

Anyway, do y'all find it odd that I don't weigh myself? I'm using June to just get used to eating low carb (frozen yogurt bar aside) but July will start my true weight loss effort. I want to lose at least 10 lbs in July and will be weighing daily then. Until then, I enjoy not having the stress of weighing. The scale has power over me to set the tone for the day, one bad reading and I will be crabby the entire day!
Old 06-12-2014, 08:07 PM   #388
Major LCF Poster!

Too many scale addicts and I'm one of them. I just can't walk past it and wouldn't waste my time trying to fool myself about hiding it! It's like crack... just can't leave it alone (not that I know about crack). The monthly challenge just helps some of us to stay on plan and be held accountable. I personally need that as well as the daily chats and support. I've told Mthergoos many times if it wasn't for her and a few other great people here, I am confident I would not have made it this far.
These people have been my life line!!
Old 06-12-2014, 10:42 PM   #389
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bonny, Lilac, and HockeyMum thank you so much! Seriously, you all don't know how much your support and friendship mean to me. Thank you!

Lilac, I don't think it's weird that you're not weighing, I think it's smart. You're right, the scale can influence our mood and attitude for the day, and we shouldn't let it. As long as we stick to the plan it will work, so not stressing over the daily scale fluctuations is very smart.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:57 AM   #390
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/231/149
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Good morning!

I'm so happy to see that this thread is so active now. Things are starting to settle down here and I will finally have a day off of work Sunday so I'll catch up with everybody then.

I can't remember who has said that she is the biggest here in this group but I'm here to let you know that unfortunately, that title belongs to me----but ONLY FOR THE MOMENT!! This time next year, I plan to blend in with all you other skinny minis.

I'm doing well so far this month. Hoping to make it to 270, or maybe into the 260's, by month's end.

May 31 - 284.7
June 13 - 275.1

Happy losing!

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Kimbersh47 is offline   Reply With Quote