Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2014, 12:35 PM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vanna1970
Stats: 165/156/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogMom View Post

Tell me more about this adrenal complex. Is it something like a vitamin?
It is an herbal supplement. The one I got from my chiropractor has two minerals listed: 250 mg of Licorice Root and 150 mg of Rehmannia Rhizome per tablet. Don't ask me how to pronounce that last one! It also says there are 73 mg of calcium.

I have also taken an actual adrenalin hormone called Ora-Adren 80 from a great clinic we have in town. I have stopped taking that and am just taking the herbal supplement now. And soon I'll be done with that as well.

My chiropractor also said to beef up on vitamin D for my immune system, so I got a bottle of D3 (5000 mg per tablet) as well and take one a day.
June 11 - 157
June 12 - 156.5
June 13 - 156
June 23 - 159.5 (vacation)
June 25 - 159
June 26 - 157.5
June 27 - 157
vanna1970 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2014, 12:37 PM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddabing View Post

I have never heard of using a chiropractor for the things you speak of. I thought for sure you were from a different country but your not. Interesting. I only go literally once a year or two when a rib moves, that used to happen a lot when I was a cop. I think it was either getting in and out of a car 100000 times a day of the pressure of the bullet proof vest on my ribs. Or both? I have not gone in over 4 years. I do see a massage person from time to time and am due. Maybe I should get in.
Might be worth a try, but only if your chiro does kinetic muscle testing.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:46 PM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HockeyMum
Stats: 139/128/118
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
couldn't help but laugh at the Will and Grace comment. I'd be like, you, wanting to tell people they are older than the show...

I read up a bunch about HCG on here the other night after seeing some of the success stories. There seems to be a consensus that only eating 500 calories a day is what ges rid of the weight, not really the HCG? What do you ladies think who have tried it? And where did you buy the drops (can you tell I'll try anything to get off these last 10 pounds....).
HockeyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:55 PM   #334
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMum View Post
couldn't help but laugh at the Will and Grace comment. I'd be like, you, wanting to tell people they are older than the show...

I read up a bunch about HCG on here the other night after seeing some of the success stories. There seems to be a consensus that only eating 500 calories a day is what ges rid of the weight, not really the HCG? What do you ladies think who have tried it? And where did you buy the drops (can you tell I'll try anything to get off these last 10 pounds....).
I did HCG a couple years ago and had some great success. It is definitely the combination of taking HCG and the 500 calorie diet. When I first tried it, I had the wrong kind of HCG from a nutrition store in town. It didn't have any HCG hormone in it! Not sure why they even called it HCG. Well, the 500 calorie diet did not work with it. I was starving and couldn't do it. But when I got real HCG from intermountain on the internet, I wasn't starving on the 500 calorie diet. I did quite well. The hormone really quells the hunger and it is perfectly safe. You only do the 500 calorie part of it for a matter of weeks, then go to low carb for a week or two, then go back and do another round of HCG and low calorie diet. You go back and forth like that until you hit your goal weight. If you only have ten pounds to lose, you could do it in your first round, for sure!
Old 06-11-2014, 01:01 PM   #335
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Gypsy ~ You look way too young to have a 24 year old!!! I was cracking up at "Will and Grace" I could see myself at a store hearing that thinking "WTH???"
Gracie514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:02 PM   #336
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMum View Post

Oh, definitely the hcg helped. I was seriously very rarely hungry. I did homeopathic drops, not the RX. Each round is only 23 days of the 500 calorie diet and I would lose 18-20 pounds in that time period. I wish I could do it again, I just burned out.
Gracie514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:21 PM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Oh, definitely the hcg helped. I was seriously very rarely hungry. I did homeopathic drops, not the RX. Each round is only 23 days of the 500 calorie diet and I would lose 18-20 pounds in that time period. I wish I could do it again, I just burned out.
I did the homeopathic HCG too. I did the pellets you put under your tongue. They worked great! But you really do have to be mentally ready to do it. Once you are in the mind-set and really go for it, it's pretty exciting because the weight drops very quickly. You get in the zone and nothing can stop you. I did a few rounds, and I also got burnt out after that. I just couldn't do another round. But really, if you only have one or two rounds to do, it's not bad at all! The trick is to read the book and do it the right way, with the right product. Don't fall for the fake stuff like I did at first.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:48 PM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
11 June PM

Afternoon Folks:
Bonny-Jean: I've dusted off my old vitamix & have been playing with it. It makes a mean margarita
As for the weight, I'm bubbling between 248-254 for some strange reason.
LilacBruze: I thought the same thing about the ending of Dexter
Sorry to hear about your DH stage 4 "C".
HockeyMum: I totally agree with you about sugar/glucose making matters worse. If anyone is interested, go read a book called 'lights out'.
back pinkcadillac! Did I scare you off asking where in Canada you were? I promise: no visiting on my part
DairyQueen: a complete mouse skeleton: funny. I found one in some old kit bags in the garage.
Gracie514: My youngest (14) is still in braces = $$$$
Justme_Sara: I'm sure there are tons of theories about what's happened with society. Sparing the rod among them. I saw Lone Survivor as well; good story but hard to believe they were able to survive all that punishment aka rolling down the cliff etc.
Gyspy: we're getting your weather! Our area as a rain warning in effect.
Baddabing: did you get a new computer yet?
BulldogMom: hopefully the ending of T.Blood isn't as lame as Dexter's was...
Off to see 'Heaven is real' tonight with my DW & a few of her friends. Should be interesting....
CdnPaleoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:08 PM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GyspySixpence
Stats: 194.8/150.8/Restart 174.2 CW: 143.8 GW135 (5'3")
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: June 5, 2012/Restart November 29, 2013
Gracie, my oldest son is 26! Eeek!!!! That's what happens when you get pregnant on senior prom night! I do nothing in the right order, but it all gets done! We got married when the oldest baby was 2 1/2 months old. I figured the jig was up and why get married when I was hugely pregnant?! And now we've been married 26 years today, been together a little over 27 years and known each other for almost 30 years. We met on the first day of 10th grade. We were friends and didn't date until high school was almost over.

Welcome back, pink cadillac!
GyspySixpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:17 PM   #340
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnPaleoGuy View Post
Bonny-Jean: I've dusted off my old vitamix & have been playing with it. It makes a mean margarita
Hope it's delish!! I don't know if I've ever had one actually??
How many carbs?? I never did open my new mixer to make that Pina Colada so it sits in the box? I'll probably just sell it at work cause I can't imagine anything to make with it?? Not on Atkins '72 anyway?
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 02:23 PM   #341
Major LCF Poster!

Michelle: What a nice story. Your life sounds wonderful, well except those in-laws!! I did a lot of things bass ackwards too. I don't know your hubs but what I've learned about you.... he's a lucky man!!
Old 06-11-2014, 02:35 PM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LilacBruze
Stats: 272/231.2/175ish
Start Date: 7/19/2014
As far as the HCG diet, the 500 calories alone puts your body into starvation mode and you will not lose the weight. The HCG signals your body to release fat instead of going into starvation mode, so your body burns it as fuel because it's not getting enough food for fuel. The diet absolutely works when done with real HCG and done correctly with no cheats.

My whole issue with it is pretty much a big part of why Kevin Trudeau is in the pokie - the claim that it "resets" your metabolism is downright untrue. I learned that the hard way. The claims are that if you do it right, with the proper maintenance, you will never re-gain the weight. My maintenance was flawless on both rounds. I began to gain well before I said "to heck with it" and started to eat whatever. There was no reset for me. Given the amount of people that come back to HCG again and again and again makes me believe that my case was not an isolated one.

It would have been SO much better for me to go into HCG knowing that I would have to watch what I ate for the rest of my life. That metabolism reset myth led me into a false sense of security. Please don't get me wrong - I alone am responsible for the junk food that I shoved into my head. It's not Kevin Trudeau's fault that I made horrible food choices. But again, I went into it believing in the reset. I wish I went into it knowing I'd have to account for everything that went into my mouth. I might not be the fattest member of the club right now.

Last edited by LilacBruze; 06-11-2014 at 02:36 PM..
LilacBruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:29 PM   #343
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
Start Date: 1/27/2014
Ever spent a whole day making copies at the copier? After today I can say I have.

justme_sara – Our boys were fostered until adopted. One was in the system since day one, the other 2years on. We fostered for about 6 months while the legal proceedings continued and cleared the way for us to adopt.

And as far as cops go. I only knew one or maybe two “bad” ones. For me it was motivated versus lazy. I can say dealing with criminals all day every day will change you. I quit for several reasons of which one was I was turning into a “back end” hole.

CdnPaleoGuy – No, did not get a new computer yet. Using my work one illegally. I am crazy like that. I also tear that tag off mattresses that say do not remove. I think my recovery device will be in the mail today or tomorrow. I paid for 2 day shipping so when ever they want to get on that!

Survive
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:41 PM   #344
Senior LCF Member

Wow! Thanks Vanna, Gracie and Lilac for all the info on HCG, might just give it a go, although I do have success with just Atkins when I stick to it properly.
Cdn Paleo, my nephew did the casting for that movie. I read the book and it was great. It really makes you wonder (and hope) that it is all true. Thanks for the note on the other book, will check that out.
Lilac you keep making me laugh with your "fluffiest member of the club comments". Just listen to Mother Goose and you'll be like her in no time. She's such an inspiration.
James, glad you're getting your computer back soon, and the pillow police should be out for you shortly, right after they get me for trying to fraudulently obtain a passport for my husband..lol.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:44 PM   #345
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilacBruze View Post
By the way y'all... don't think that I don't notice that I'm the fattest member of this here club!
Silly girl......... you're not the biggest...........

you're one of the NEWEST!!!!
Old 06-11-2014, 05:11 PM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Has anyone heard of Himalayan pink sea salt? I just started using it today. This quote is from one article that I read.

"Regular table salt is "actually full of many forms of chemicals and even sugar", according to natural health website Global Healing Center. This type of salt is difficult to digest and can lead to inflammation of the tissues, high blood pressure and bloating. Himalayan pink salt is easier for the body to process, requiring far less cellular water in order to neutralize the sodium chloride content in chemically-treated salt."
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:14 PM   #347
Major LCF Poster!

Where did you find that??
Old 06-11-2014, 06:42 PM   #348
Senior LCF Member

11 June Wrap up

Bonny-Jean: no idea on the calorie count; will have to input the ingredients one by one into ******* sites to calculate. Probably the highest carb item is the lime juice?
Baddabing: good luck with the recovery
Lilac: I didn't know Kevin Trudeau was in the pokie? My sister in law had mentioned his books once & I couldn't even get it out of the library before tossing it back.
Gyspy: happy anniversary... not many get to brag about 27 yrs together
HockeyMum: let me know if you have trouble finding that title. Most libraries should have it...
Ok, off to bed. Need all the beauty sleep I can get
BTW, the movie wasn't too bad. I won't post a spoiler in case someone is planning on seeing it?
But, there is one of those moments where you ask "how could the kid know that?"
Nite
Old 06-11-2014, 07:18 PM   #349
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GyspySixpence
Stats: 194.8/150.8/Restart 174.2 CW: 143.8 GW135 (5'3")
Start Date: June 5, 2012/Restart November 29, 2013
I have heard of Himalayan Pink Sea Salt before. They carry it at my regular grocery store. I've thought about buying it before and then I just grab my regular box of Kosher salt! I will think about picking some up.
GyspySixpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 01:05 AM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/147.3/140's
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Well didn't have a very good night last night as just after 2am got a call saying dh father is really ill, not sounding good, so we are booked on a flight on Saturday to Toronto, he lives in Niagara Falls, should be back in three weeks depending on what happens but dh thinks we might stay longer, he is in his eighties and such a nice man......life's ups and downs never end do they.
So I am hoping you will all still be here when I get back, I won't have time to pop on here again as there is a lot of sorting out to do before Saturday, can't decide whether to board the dogs or get dd to have them.....to much to do and hard to think clearly with not enough sleep.
I do get to see my 2 sons out there though....
Take care everyone...see you soon.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:15 AM   #351
Senior LCF Member

12 June Soaker

Morning All:
Sandy1: maybe you can get your tooth/abyss finally looked at? Too bad about the reason you have to come back to Canada
My sister uses that Himalayan Pink Sea Salt; think more for flavour than any reported health benefits. They also sell it at our local Costco.
Has been pouring rain since last night: good for the lawn & sleeping in.
Alright, have a great day. Sandy1; have an uneventful flight. Hope all goes as well as it can.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:20 AM   #352
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pinkcadillac
Stats: 150/134/125
Start Date: March /04
Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnPaleoGuy View Post
Afternoon Folks:
As for the weight, I'm bubbling between 248-254 for some strange reason.
LilacBruze: I thought the same thing about the ending of Dexter
Sorry to hear about your DH stage 4 "C".
HockeyMum: I totally agree with you about sugar/glucose making matters worse. If anyone is interested, go read a book called 'lights out'.
back pinkcadillac! Did I scare you off asking where in Canada you were? I promise: no visiting on my part
DairyQueen: a complete mouse skeleton: funny. I found one in some old kit bags in the garage.
Gracie514: My youngest (14) is still in braces = $$$$
Justme_Sara: I'm sure there are tons of theories about what's happened with society. Sparing the rod among them. I saw Lone Survivor as well; good story but hard to believe they were able to survive all that punishment aka rolling down the cliff etc.
Gyspy: we're getting your weather! Our area as a rain warning in effect.
Baddabing: did you get a new computer yet?
BulldogMom: hopefully the ending of T.Blood isn't as lame as Dexter's was...
Off to see 'Heaven is real' tonight with my DW & a few of her friends. Should be interesting....
lol, not worried about that, i am in muskoka....you?

have just been in a big slump....still doing low carb, but gaining weight....just eating too much i guess, not working....too much tv, lots of family stress...

but, gonna be better now, cant take this weight stress.....up to 160, and i was at 148 before xmas.....so back to basics for me

thanks for the welcome back everyone !
pinkcadillac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:27 AM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

Sandy: So sorry for your reason to come to The Great White North!! I'm praying your dd will be able to care for your beautiful pups and that will be one less concern for you. As CPG suggested, maybe have someone look at your mouth while you're here! Take care of yourself hon, and we'll be thinking of you while you're dealing with this rough time!
Old 06-12-2014, 05:32 AM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

Morning All

Looks like my landscaper is finally coming today to install my new flagstone sidewalk, install the arbour and cut in some round sidewalk blocks to the back gate. Then I think I'm done! Lots of work and expensive this year but what else is new!

Finally broke 162 although it seemed 1 oz at a time! Hope you all have a great scale day today!!

June 3..... 164.9
June 4..... 164.6
June 5..... 164.8
June 6..... 164.2
June 7..... 163.4
June 8..... 162.8
June 9..... 162.4
June 10... 162.0
June 11... 162.2
June 12... 161.8 Finally! Ugh!
Old 06-12-2014, 05:37 AM   #355
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: 7littleangels
Stats: 220/220/140
WOE: Atkins '72/ Healthy eating for life
Start Date: 6/12/2014

May I join you?

I am assuming this is a set your own goal group.
7littleangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:07 AM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LilacBruze
Stats: 272/231.2/175ish
Start Date: 7/19/2014
Sandy - prayers for your family.

I have 5 grinders of Himalayan pink sea salt that I got when a local store was going out of business for 75% off. Although I don't salt my food (I am very sensitive to sodium and retain water like crazy when I have even 50% of the normal daily intake), I do like to use it when cooking for others.

Just got a picture from DH who is 400 feet down in a volcano in Iceland. I miss the big lug. 4 days apart and I have resorted to wearing his worn t-shirts from the hamper to bed. He'll be back home on Sunday.
LilacBruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:15 AM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Welcome 7littleangels, this is a great group who support each other through thick and thin --- literally.

Bonny-Jean, you'll be in the 150's soon! WTG. And the expense on the garden is worth it, once it's down, it's down and it'll look great. The biggest issue I have with stonework is the blinking weeds that manage to root themselves in the sand in between. We've done polymeric sand, which is like glue and sand mixed together -- they still grow! I read somewhere that you brush cement mix in between the stones and then water it, that way nothing can grow

Sandy, (hope you get this) so sorry to hear about your DH's dad. If you were flying in tomorrow I would pick you up. I only live 15 minutes from the airport, but we go to the cottage every weekend and usually leave Friday mornings to get an extra day in (we are self employed, so can't really take a week off ever). My sister lives in Niagara Falls, it would have given me an excuse to go visit her. We have company coming to the cottage or I'd change my plans. Hope your FIL pulls through. It is so hard being so far away. The number of times my mum and dad flew back to Wales because someone was ill was unbelievable. You feel so guilty if you don't go.
If you get online and stay here a bit longer, maybe we can meet up for a cup of tea. My sister works at Yanks in Niagara Falls, she just sold her bar, Suddzz, so I know the area well.

Pink Cadillac, Muskoka is beautiful this time of year. We're on Lake Simcoe, not as fancy!

Bulldog Mom, I've read about pink salt, can't remember what it said, but something about it being good for you. I think there's a woman in Toronto who has a room carved out of it or something like that....

CPG, if you enjoyed that movie, there is a book written by a Harvard trained neurosurgeon who "died" and came back. Will google the name for you. Same kind of thing. Really made you think "how could he know that".

Sorry I know I've missed a few of you, but I hold the record for longest posts on here, so off to have my tea and almond flour muffin. Down half a pound more today. Only 2.5 to go to hit my 125 goal for this month. Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by HockeyMum; 06-12-2014 at 06:16 AM..
Old 06-12-2014, 06:18 AM   #358
Senior LCF Member

CPG, "Proof of Heaven", by Dr. Eben Alexander. Great read, very thought provoking. He didn't believe in anything prior to his experience.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:29 AM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

7littleangels

Lilac: so sorry you're missing your hubs. That's so sweet you're sleeping in his t's!

HockeyMum: Thanks. I'm hoping for the 150's before the end of the month. Whoo-hoo! Weeds and stone.... gotta love the Round-up!! My weeds compete with the ants and the ants win too often! Good luck on your goal this month as well. You can do it!
Old 06-12-2014, 06:43 AM   #360
Senior LCF Member

Hey all,

Just popping in quick. I was down a half pound this morning. My daughter and I are going to go for a run with my sister this morning. Should be fun.

Have a great day, everyone. Sandy1, sorry to hear about your FIL. We went through the same thing six years ago. It's a difficult thing to go through. You'll be in my prayers this weekend.