Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2014, 07:23 AM   #301
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
Morning everyone! I am NOT an early morning person and I had to get up at 6 today to work on a report -- a preview of an FDA meeting I'm covering tomorrow on drug-coated balloons for below-the-knee. So I'm already exhausted! And, of course, I didn't weigh.
and i was out last night late. so...zzzzzz
today is a buys news day, too. ah well, nothing to do tonight but CLEAN! I found an intact mouse skeleton yesterday (my one day off this week, and i cleaned. I do like to clean!) and that was cool.

anyway... welcome lilac and everyone else who's new here!

June 1 142.3
June 2. 141.5
June 4. 144.1
June 5. 142. Whew! ,
June 6. 142.5
june 7. 142.25
June 8. 142
June 9 142

First started Atkins April 1, 2002.
Lost 40 pounds back then and maintained for almost 8 years...then carb creep crept. I've always been low carb, but went hard core again in March 2012.
Hey! You don't have to drink all that water!
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2014, 07:36 AM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vanna1970
Stats: 165/156/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyQueen View Post
I found an intact mouse skeleton yesterday (my one day off this week, and i cleaned. I do like to clean!) and that was cool.
Eek! I would have freaked! And maybe puked. You are a brave woman, DairyQueen.
vanna1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:46 AM   #303
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Well I managed to stay on plan yesterday, yay for me! I had coffee/hwc for breakfast and then fasted til about 4:30. I then had a yummy delmonico steak and a small salad made with butter lettuce and onions with ranch. I was very full and satisfied! I like fasting til dinner, it gives me a sense of control and I always get a drop on the scale the next day.

THANKS to everyone who replied about my scare. It was the worst 4 days I've had in a long time. I don't understand why they make people wait in fear like that! I am just grateful the results came back good.

Here's a couple pics. My DS got his braces off!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 111.jpg (25.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg amy1.jpg (18.8 KB, 14 views)
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:55 AM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Wow! He's a tall one! I bet he's so glad to get those braces off.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:17 AM   #305
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HockeyMum
Stats: 139/128/118
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
Hi Pink, yes we do! Welcome back, how's it going?
HockeyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:22 AM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: justme_sara
Stats: 210/186/150
Start Date: March 2014
Good Morning All

I'm fully agree that the world has gone crazy. Our family was having a discussion about this very topic a few weeks ago - we came to the conclusion that it is because no one holds anyone else accountable anymore. Many years ago (my grandparents generation) young men and women were TAUGHT how to be gentlemen & ladies because society wouldn't tolerate anything less. They held themselves and others to a higher standard of being in our manners, how we acted, dressed, and presented ourselves in all areas of our life. Having "class", self respect, and respecting others was just a given and those that didn't weren't tolerated. It seems that now a days there is a "reason or excuse" for everything.. I really think it is as simple as society's standards & those that uphold those standards have had to become so lax by being "politically correct" or by not "telling anyone they are in the wrong or are behaving badly" for fear of repercussions that the craziness has becomes society's repercussion.. Now, I am in NO WAY talking about racism, gay/lesbian intolerance, social snobbery, or anything like that - I'm speaking directly to hearing my granddad or grandmother say over and over again " when we were kids/teens/adults, we just didn't act that way/dress that way/say those things because it wasn't acceptable & we were taught better than that" I think it is a part of the moral looseness that has continued to grow from generation to generation.. ok, off my soapbox..!!

Gracie - I wish I had your will power to be able to fast until dinner!! I'd go crazy if I didn't snack.

Vanna- YUM for prime rib, one of my favorites!! I dip mine in a dijon mustard & HWC sauce, delicous! In regards to running, I live in NE Texas & wish I lived in a cooler/northern climate because we can run in the winter but not in the summer!! I'm sure many people do, but once it hits 100+ here, you're not getting me outside unless it's in a pool, under a sprinkler, or with some kind of heavy shade going on!

Hockey - Rant and Vent all you want! Just because my DD has special needs doesn't make your daily issues/stresses any less relevant! I would have blown a gasket with the officer not allowing me to sign my hubby's name or having to have him take a day to come and handle it. Some things just don't make any sense do they?!

DQ - I gotta ask.. where exactly did you find the mouse skeleton?! Sorry for your early morning, hope you can get some rest today.

Leanna - so fun with new kitchen gadgets =) I agree on your WOE rant, I know it's slow and steady wins the race, but sometimes you just want it NOW!! We have a quote that was started on the JUST MEAT board I'm on and it's: Slow & steady wins the race, slow & steady slims the face!! Always gives me a little chuckle.

Lilac - I knew I remembered you from somewhere else!! I was posting/following another board you had started - You have some beautiful upper arm tattoos if I'm thinking correctly? I'm so sorry your boss is a jerk.. I would have had some words with my boss too if they cut my bonus with no notice or explanation. Some very intense words indeed. How are you doing with DH's diagnosis and treatments? Is DH still working after his treatments? NY Strip is fancy stuff in our house, it NEVER seems to go on sale here. What $ does it run in your neck of the woods?

Bonny - hope today is a more colorful day for you & the blues pass!

Sorry if I missed anyone, SO many posts to catch up on with this chatty bunch!

Hope everyone has a great day & stays on track
justme_sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:28 AM   #307

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanna1970 View Post
Wow! He's a tall one! I bet he's so glad to get those braces off.
Yes, he's a little over 6'-1" right now and he just turned 15 on June 6th. Doctor said his growth plates aren't fused yet so he still has some growin to do!!! He was ecstatic about getting them off. He's keeps licking his teeth now because he's not used to feeling the smoothness
Old 06-11-2014, 08:31 AM   #308
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme_sara View Post

Vanna- YUM for prime rib, one of my favorites!! I dip mine in a dijon mustard & HWC sauce, delicous! In regards to running, I live in NE Texas & wish I lived in a cooler/northern climate because we can run in the winter but not in the summer!! I'm sure many people do, but once it hits 100+ here, you're not getting me outside unless it's in a pool, under a sprinkler, or with some kind of heavy shade going on!
LOL! My sister says the same thing. She lives near Atlanta, and it gets so hot! Maybe somewhere like Tennessee would be a happy medium?

And I totally agree with you about our society's slippery slope. I think it started in the 60's and has evolved to what it is today. It's scary to think about what it will be like in the decades to come.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:33 AM   #309

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme_sara View Post

Gracie - I wish I had your will power to be able to fast until dinner!! I'd go crazy if I didn't snack.

Believe me, I needed it!!! I have been off the rails for about a week. My problem is once I start eating I'm hungry all day. If I can hold it off then I don't have that much time left

And I agree with you. I see a lot of people today who feel entitled to everything. They don't want to put the work in anymore, just think they deserve nice things. I'm going through something like this right now. We have a rental home and they are now 28 days late on their rent. He told me they are struggling so I felt bad for them. Well, I looked at his and his wife's facebook pages and they were at the beach in May. GGGRRRRR. He told me I'll get the rent when I get it. So, I'll be off to the magistrate this afternoon
Old 06-11-2014, 08:34 AM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Yes, he's a little over 6'-1" right now and he just turned 15 on June 6th. Doctor said his growth plates aren't fused yet so he still has some growin to do!!! He was ecstatic about getting them off. He's keeps licking his teeth now because he's not used to feeling the smoothness
Holy cow! You're not just a kiddin'!

My husband is 6'4" and he said he even grew a couple inches in college. But I don't think he was 6'1" at 15! Yowsers!
Old 06-11-2014, 08:35 AM   #311

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanna1970 View Post
Holy cow! You're not just a kiddin'!

My husband is 6'4" and he said he even grew a couple inches in college. But I don't think he was 6'1" at 15! Yowsers!

Wow, 6'-4" is nice and tall! My brother in law grew from 5'-10" to 6'-5" after high school!!! He wished he would've grown IN high school for basketball reasons
Old 06-11-2014, 09:00 AM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GyspySixpence
Stats: 194.8/150.8/Restart 174.2 CW: 143.8 GW135 (5'3")
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: June 5, 2012/Restart November 29, 2013
June weight goal: 140. And to remain consistent with my walking (I've walked almost every day for the last 3 weeks).

June 1: 145.4 (walk/arm weights)
June 2: 144.8!!!!!!!!! (walk)
June 3: 145 TOM (a bit of stroll lakeside with DH, but not a real walk like we usually do).
June 4: 145 TOM (walk/arm weights)
June 5: 145 TOM (did a ton of physical work at my mom's to replace walk)
June 6: 145 TOM (walk/arm weights)
June 7: 144.8 (walk/arm weights)
June 8: 144.6 (walk)
June 9: 144 (arm weights)
June 10: 144 (walk/arm weights)
June 11: 143.8

Rain all day here, so I am taking the day off from exercise! And going out to lunch with DH. I can't wait to eat that big steak!

Lilac, I am so sorry about your husband's diagnosis. Do you mind if I ask what type he has? I have several family members battling BC at the moment. I cannot imagine the medical bills from cancer treatment. DH's stroke cost $150K. At least the VA covered his rehab, but the rest is on us. The VA would have covered his stroke and surgeries if he'd gone to the closest VA hospital, but not our local one. If I had taken him to the VA hospital he would have died from running out of time (he barely made it as it was) AND the stupid nearest VA hospital didn't have a neurosurgeon. He would have died either way if I had taken him there. Oh well. We'll be chipping away at that bill until we've died of old age.
GyspySixpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:07 AM   #313

GYPSY ~ Is that a NEW LOW for you???
Old 06-11-2014, 09:18 AM   #314
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
The men might want to skip my update............LOL

I had an ultrasound today and I've got a huge cyst on one ovary and some smaller cysts on the other one. Nothing to worry about but it explains the bloating and weight gain. And to think one dr told me to avoid juice and wheat and take some Gas-x. I haven't talked to my gyn yet but now that I'm bcp, the cysts should resolve themselves. Most of the time I can't even feel them. I'm not going to weigh because I don't want to get discouraged but I don't feel that heaviness in my belly like I did before.
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:25 AM   #315
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LilacBruze
Stats: 272/231.2/175ish
Start Date: 7/19/2014
Dh was diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer but the tumor in his colon is the least of our problems, it had metastasized to his liver something awful. He is only 44 and a big (6'4", 275 lbs) , strapping Viking that NEVER gets sick, perfectly healthy, normal cholesterol, glucose, etc. Every year for insurance re-enrollment, they offer a discount if you sign up for their "health fair" and allow them to test your blood and urine. It's awfully Big Brother imo so I never do it but my husband does. Well, last fall his blood came back with some "questionable levels" and he was urged to see a doctor about it. He did, and to make a long story short, out of nowhere came the stage 4 diagnosis. We've been reeling from it ever since.

4 years ago, he was diagnosed with thyroid cancer but after removal of his thyroid and radiation, he was deemed cancer-free. The same family doctor was behind the ball rolling on that diagnosis as well. Funny story about that - to interrupt myself for a sec - our daughter recently had to go to the doctor (it's a practice with 4 different docs on staff) and her usual one was on vacation. She asked our opinion about the doc with the first availability. My response was along the lines of, "Yes, he's nice, he's always smiling, and he removed that cyst from the top of my head 7 or 8 years ago". My husband's response was, "Be careful, every time I saw that doctor, he gave me cancer."

You gotta laugh sometimes, or you'll cry instead.

He's completed 10 cycles of chemo so far, with no end in sight. He had to quit his 2nd job due to risk of infection (he's a vet tech and can no longer work directly with animals). I'm still so mad at my boss but decided to take a vacation day and clean the house as therapy. DH is in Iceland until Sunday, DD is at a friend's house, it's just me and my 3 dogs (none of which will be hit with the cast iron skillet, I promise).

The NY strip was on sale for $6.99 a lb. I'm the only one in the house who eats red meat so I don't mind paying more for a good cut.

eta: Sara, the tattoos are on my chest and shoulders but they do fan out to my upper arms. I've only posted here on LCF but you may have seen me on the HCG board, where I usually hung out before deciding to do Atkins '72.

Last edited by LilacBruze; 06-11-2014 at 09:31 AM..
LilacBruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:28 AM   #316
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
Start Date: 1/27/2014
Wow a lot of activity in the last few days.

I am doing better. I went to bed an hour early yesterday. Work seems to be find even though I am finding things that I believe are absurd going on. This field is so bizarre.

Since everyone is talking about the shootings I figure I would jump in and say a few things. When I was a field training officer my duty was to not only make sure the new cop could do the job but also stay safe. Everything you think is a little odd that you see cops do usually is done because it safer. Like parking a block away and walking to a resident that called so you have a chance to evaluate what’s going on and not go into an ambush or flood your car with lights on a traffic stop so you cant see us but we can see everything you are doing. Even though we train and train to do the right things and always be vigilant we are at a HUGE disadvantage when it comes to someone wanting to kill you. What other situation can you think of where you potential killer could literally call you up and tell you where to meet him and you really have no choice because it is your job to respond. There were many calls I went on that could have ended horribly if I had not had the team I worked with and thankfully I only feared for my life once but prevailed. Supper glad I am not in the business anymore. My family deserves better.

I know our mental heath care is seriously lacking in this country. I had only 3 beds at the state hospital to use for an entire region of a state. One of them was taken and will continue to be taken by a woman who killed my partner’s children in a bathtub so that leave 2 beds to care for anyone who is in a mental crises. The amount of work it takes to convince the state to mandate help for a person is in it self insane. We continually send boys into battle which will change you completely then when they come home unstable we don’t treat them. Until mental heath is really a focus this will only get worse.

Just me – I hear you loud and clear. It took us 5 years to find a good baby doctor and when we did we had to wait a year to get accepted. Not only does she rock she does not freak out when we had to use medicade for insurance. All foster kids and now adopted kids in Colorado use medicade. We supplement with private insurance so she can get paid what she is worth.

Until you identify what’s wrong with your child you may want to have those tests done on you and your husband to see if you guys together trigger something. Just a thought. The human body is so weird. Meanwhile I suspect you will see great strides now that the right people are treating your child. I personally am holding both my boys back one year before starting school in order to give them a chance to catch up. They both are on the smaller side plus some other minor issues that time should fix.

Gracie – a core biopsy! That sounds very painful. Glad it all turned out ok.

BulldogMom – Labs are different. When I took mine out hiking he would find water no matter how small. It could be a 4 inch puddle. He would flop onto it and roll around until he was covered in mud. Also throws up in the car because he got car sick every time.

LilacBruze – I second your iron skillet. Once I got one I really stopped using everything else whenever possible. $92k every 3 weeks! How would anyone be able to pay such a bill? We have our people coming in two weeks to discuss supplemental things of which Cancer insurance is one of them. I think I may really want to consider it. I wonder what it costs?

HockeyMum – We all want what’s best for our kids no matter the circumstances. And down with government! Funny how much two countries do have in common. AND roast beef rollups with cheese and mustard! Genius! I want that right now.

vanna1970 Living in Colorado I know what you mean. Even when it does warm up and you start then you get 5 feet of snow and you have to stop. I find if you start on a treadmill by March you usually feel pretty good by summer.

And for dinner ill be doing a protein shake. Lunch is my main meal these days.

I have never heard of using a chiropractor for the things you speak of. I thought for sure you were from a different country but your not. Interesting. I only go literally once a year or two when a rib moves, that used to happen a lot when I was a cop. I think it was either getting in and out of a car 100000 times a day of the pressure of the bullet proof vest on my ribs. Or both? I have not gone in over 4 years. I do see a massage person from time to time and am due. Maybe I should get in.

Leanne21071 – Don’t know how tall you are, you kinda look tall in your picture but honestly 156 is not that bad. I think the problem at the sub 170’s is you want to drop weight like someone who had 100 + to loose but the body just does not want to let it go. You will get there. Many here have. Sometimes it is just on tweak that you did not consider that make all the difference.

pinkcadillac - Yes

Survive
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:31 AM   #317
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
Start Date: 1/27/2014
"Be careful, every time I saw that doctor, he gave me cancer." ???? Awesome! tickles my ironic funny bone.
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:38 AM   #318
Major LCF Poster!

LilacBruze, I was ready with that frying pan to use on the dog until I read further. LOL Just kidding, I don't think a frying pan would work on this maniac anyway. This new harness has helped a lot with the pulling, but its going to take some training for Gunner to understand how he's supposed to behave. I'm sending prayers for your dh. Last year I had a scare and was sent to an oncologist. A few visits to their office made me realize how precious life and our health really is.

Bonny-Jean, You make me laugh with some of your replies. I love your sense of humor! On a different note, I'm so sorry for the loss of the RCMPs. We had a senseless murder of a 17 yr old and a cop about 2 wks ago. Some ex-con just decided to start shooting at random people and killed the 17 yr old who was returning from a school event. Then he shot and killed the officer who had responded to that shooting. The world is getting more violent and it makes me afraid for my kids.

Hockeymum, I think the passport people have to be diligent over the passports because of the fraud that can go on. It makes it a hassle for the law abiding citizens though.

Vanna, Congrats on the loss and Happy Birthday!!!!! Tell me more about this adrenal complex. Is it something like a vitamin?

PinkCadillac, I do remember you and glad to see you back!

Gracie, I'm so glad you got good news! Its a scary thing to go through so I'm glad that you didn't have to wait too long for the results.

Sandy, I hope you are feeling better! I think you are doing great regardless of what you're eating. It seems to be working.

CdnPaleoGuy, I loved Dexter. I was mad when they ended the series but I understood why. Now they're ending my other favorite series, True Blood.

Leanne, You're doing great! I love seeing how you can eat a variety of foods and still lose.

Michelle, Awesome job with the losses and the working out. You're going to hit goal looking like a rockstar!
Old 06-11-2014, 09:39 AM   #319
Senior LCF Member

Gracie, it IS a new low for me! Well, I do remember weighing 143 when my third kiddo was 3 weeks old. I took my oldest to a birthday party and I had to pee. When I was in the bathroom I noticed a scale, so I stepped on it because I was curious and I remember the scale reading 143. I was a skinny kid, chunky teenager (like 20 pounds overweight). Reed thin at 18. I kept my weight in the mid 130s-140s through my 20s. And started piling on weight in my 30s. 5-10 pounds in any given year doesn't sound like much, but give yourself a decade and you'll be fat. I am now mostly in size 6. A few 4s, a few 8s (the boobage is always going to be large).

I have 3 kids. Boy, girl, boy. And my daughter is named Grace. Even though she's 23, we still call her Gracie much of the time.

I don't own a full length mirror. Our only current mirror is in the bathroom (most of our stuff is packed for the move). Good enough to put in contacts, brush my teeth, wash my face, but not enough to get an idea of what my body looks like. I was in TJ Maxx yesterday looking for a tie for DH for this weekend and they have full-length mirrors all over the place. It sounds so vain, but I could not stop looking at myself. I still have the disconnect in my head about what I look like. I certainly don't think of myself as fat at all, but it's hard to wrap my head around what I really look like! 29" waist, 38" hips.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:40 AM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, every 3 weeks the cancer center bills the insurance $92k. It's insane. Thankfully, we have already reached the out-of-pocket maximum for the year. His parents help us with the bills when they can. I'm so grateful for good medical insurance. We've never cut corners on it and pay through the nose for it. When you're healthy, you grumble about the cost. But when you need it... so glad it's there. His bills have reached about a million dollars since the diagnosis - no fooling - that is what they bill the insurance!!
Old 06-11-2014, 09:44 AM   #321

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyspySixpence View Post
Gracie, it IS a new low for me! Well, I do remember weighing 143 when my third kiddo was 3 weeks old. I took my oldest to a birthday party and I had to pee. When I was in the bathroom I noticed a scale, so I stepped on it because I was curious and I remember the scale reading 143. I was a skinny kid, chunky teenager (like 20 pounds overweight). Reed thin at 18. I kept my weight in the mid 130s-140s through my 20s. And started piling on weight in my 30s. 5-10 pounds in any given year doesn't sound like much, but give yourself a decade and you'll be fat. I am now mostly in size 6. A few 4s, a few 8s (the boobage is always going to be large).

I have 3 kids. Boy, girl, boy. And my daughter is named Grace. Even though she's 23, we still call her Gracie much of the time.

I don't own a full length mirror. Our only current mirror is in the bathroom (most of our stuff is packed for the move). Good enough to put in contacts, brush my teeth, wash my face, but not enough to get an idea of what my body looks like. I was in TJ Maxx yesterday looking for a tie for DH for this weekend and they have full-length mirrors all over the place. It sounds so vain, but I could not stop looking at myself. I still have the disconnect in my head about what I look like. I certainly don't think of myself as fat at all, but it's hard to wrap my head around what I really look like! 29" waist, 38" hips.
I haven't seen 143 since my 20's. I have 3 kids also - boy, girl, girl. Grace is actually my middle name and was my grandma's name. My DD Gracie is 11 and I had always wanted a daughter named Gracie It seems though that it has gotten more popular. Maybe because Faith Hill and Tim McGraw have a Gracie?
Old 06-11-2014, 09:44 AM   #322
Major LCF Poster!

By the way y'all... don't think that I don't notice that I'm the fattest member of this here club!
Old 06-11-2014, 09:56 AM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

DairyQueen, I guess the one good thing about having a bunch of animals in the house is that one of them would eat the mouse before I found it. LOL

Gracie, I love the pictures! I'm hoping that my girls will end up being taller than me. Good job staying on plan!

Sara, I agree with everything you said. I worry about the world my kids will be living in 20 yrs from now.

James, Labs are definitely....different. LOL Gunner came out of rescue and when I pictured a lab, I pictured the calm dog that walks by his owner's side. I was suckered by those commercials. Instead we got a clown that hops instead of walks. He's a happy guy that loves everyone though. So we love him and his craziness. But his 90 lb butt sitting on the back of the couch to look out the window is a bit much.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:00 AM   #324
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilacBruze View Post
By the way y'all... don't think that I don't notice that I'm the fattest member of this here club!
You won't be for long! At least you aren't the "member with the longest running stall because you keep sabotaging yourself". I've taken that title. LOL
Old 06-11-2014, 10:34 AM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Good grief - I'm gone for a couple hours and already have to read through another page of posts!! I do enjoy it though =)

Lilac - Yea, it was on the HCG board that I remember you from! I looked into the HCG thing, but just couldn't get my head fully around it, so I did my research into Atkins & so far I'm loving it (besides my lack of motivation the last week or so) - Have you looked into the supplemental cancer insurance? My work offers it for very little premium and pays out 5k-20k depending on your diagnosis. I know that doesn't seem like much in regards to your full bill per month, but every little bit helps.. And we have ALL be the "fluffiest" (don't like to use fat..) at some point, pretty soon you'll be able to give someone else advice that is sitting where you are!!

Badda - are your boys biological/foster/or adopted? I've always been fascinated with fostering/adopting. Hoping one day (once DD is in school & doing well) to be able to foster. Thank you for all of the advice, the medical world is a very scary place to navigate, especially when it comes to your child. Both DH and I are going to get tested for being carriers of anything before we decide to go ahead and try for another. Thank you for the insight into a cops world, sometimes you guys get a bad wrap & it's not fair. Good or Bad you are putting your life on the line EVERY time you make a stop or go into any type of situation, thank you for your service.

BDMom - sucks about the cysts, but at least now you have an answer!

DH talked me into watching " Lone Survivor " the other night & I can't get it out of my head. I've already ordered the book to read as well. The story is about Operation Red Wings and Seal Team 10 back in 05 in Afghanistan- 4 Navy Seals were sent on a scouting mission that went bad and only 1 survived, Mark Luttrell, after returning home he wrote the book that has become the movie. The remaining Seal Team 10 members were shot down and killed while trying to rescue the men. It is intense but incredibly moving. I was in tears several times and have an urge to reach out to these men's families just to say how much their story has touched me. It's not those for the faint of heart, but it made me proud to be an American & to know that we have men & women that will step up to the plate to keep us safe (this includes servicemen/servicewomen as well badda..) my B-I-L is an infantryman in the Army and it makes me that much more proud of him. If you do/have watched it, MAKE SURE that you watch the extra features, it goes through each of their stories & the full story behind the mission -

Anyway - enough of that, I'm gonna get emotional again.. watch the movie if you can, it's worth it.. I'll let you all know how the book is once I finish it - has anyone else read the book yet?
Old 06-11-2014, 10:43 AM   #326
Major LCF Poster!

I know that HCG is not for everyone, and it is really a misunderstood diet - but I am here to tell you it was the ONLY diet that worked for me for major losses. With Atkins, I've lost 30-40 lbs before my body said "no more". With HCG I was able to lose 80 lbs in 7 months - with 2.5 of those months spent doing low-carb/high fat maintenance.

It only works when your head is 100% in the game and you do not cheat EVER. It is very unforgiving of a cheat day. I lost 49 lbs in 3 months for my first round, and 30 in 2 months on my second round.

Unfortunately, life was crap and my eating habits followed, and I regained almost all of those 80 lbs before deciding to do something about it. This time around, I know that I have to give up the processed carbs forever.

I just did a round from March 16th until May 2 and lost approx. 30 lbs. I've been maintaining well and really wanted to do another round but can't get my head back in the game to commit to it when there is so much steak and bacon around. So while I won't have the rapid results with '72, I'll at least be eating with habits that will last me for the long haul.

Last edited by LilacBruze; 06-11-2014 at 10:44 AM..
Old 06-11-2014, 11:18 AM   #327

Ok, didn't make it til dinner I had 4 sausage links and a small salad for lunch with ranch dressing. I was starving from fasting til dinner yesterday. At least it was all on plan!!!

Lilac ~ I did well on hcg as well. But, I did get down to 175 and then it took about 2 years to go back over 200. It was my own fault because I started letting the crap creep back in. Everytime I try it now though I get a headache that won't go away.

Sara ~ My son loved that movie. He has always been interested in the military. He watches all of the documentaries. He can tell you every different weapon used in every different war. I'm going to have to set aside a couple hours this weekend to watch it.

Bulldogmom ~ So glad they figured it out. Are they going to remove the cysts? My sister has had that done twice now. Hers were called dermoid cysts that consisted of teeth and hair When she was born she was a twin but the other baby didn't develop. They believe the parts that can still grow wrapped around my sister's ovaries. Crazy story!

Badabing ~ It sounds worse than it was! They shot me up with something so I couldn't feel it. I actually got to watch it on a screen as they were taking the samples. It sounded like a huge stapler when they took pieces. I agree with you on the lack of mental health care in the U.S. I just read that over 90% of the people involved in mass shootings (schools, work, etc.) were on some type of anti-depressant, anti-anxiety, type drug. Instead of addressing the problem the doctors just hand out scripts
Old 06-11-2014, 11:22 AM   #328
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Holy Cow!!! I missed one day and I can't catch up with the posts! Glad to see we're such a chatty group! I love that! I'm here Bonny, spent yesterday on the lake and took my son tubing, so I didn't get to the computer. It seems I have much less time to post this summer, but I'm still here doing my thing. Still haven't weighed, but keeping my food the same and working out every day. Either I take a surfset yoga class, or walk for one hour on my treadmill, but I make sure to do something every day. I'll weigh in soon and see how I'm doing with it.
MtherGoos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:29 AM   #329
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilacBruze View Post
So while I won't have the rapid results with '72, I'll at least be eating with habits that will last me for the long haul.
That is what made me decide on Atkins as a whole, that it is a lifestyle & WOE and not just a "diet". I know I can commit to lose the weight, it's keeping it off that has been my biggest problem (as many/most of us struggle with) It has also made me very interested in nutrition as a whole. I'm a Chef & have had a few nutrition classes in my studies & I understand how food affects our bodies, but now I am looking closer & deeper into how and why specific nutrients/minerals/fats/sugars etc. effect us and why. I've actually been looking into becoming a nutritionist or dietitian because of my studies into this WOE.

I'm learning so much about myself through this WOE, there are only a few things that I myself have COMPLETE control of (I'm a planner and like to have control over situations or have a back up plan to my plan just in case!) and how and what I eat is one of them. I'm re-focusing myself to see that this WOE is as a good thing for my controlling/take charge nature instead of a stressful thing. Even when life is hell & NOTHING is under my control, I can control what I eat and that can give me some level of comfort in knowing that.

Gracie - set aside a box of tissues as well!!
Old 06-11-2014, 11:41 AM   #330
Senior LCF Member

Gracie, my daughter will be 24 in November. I feel like I started a trend with her name! She was born on Thanksgiving morning 1990. We could never agree on a name for a girl when I was pregnant and when she was born, it just seemed like the perfect name for her. Classic and old-fashioned, but not dowdy like Myrtle or something like that! And then we had our younger son a little over 4 years after she was born and we named him, William. We called him Will from the time I was about 4 or 5 months pregnant. So yeah. I have a Will and a Grace. Several years before the tv show. I used to get weird looks from other parents on the playground or in a store when I would call them. I always felt like yelling "Clearly they are older than the show, get over it people!"