Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2014, 08:05 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
what the heck

second week of induction: no cheats.

.8 pound
vessel of prayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2014, 08:18 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /148 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
So what was on the menu the last 2-3 days?? What version/year of Atkins Induction are you doing??
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
So what was on the menu the last 2-3 days?? What version/year of Atkins Induction are you doing??
doing the original 72 version. all I can think of is the sweet n low I know I need to throw it away. I barely eat mayo, it is a staller for me.. lets see, eggs, heavy whipping cream, chicken or pork chop. Yesterday I did have some salami. But I looked at all the ingredients . cheese, block kind. and my cup of lettuce a day with a splash of olive oil and apple cider vin. on it... even gave up my blue cheese dressing two weeks ago... I drink coffee black, ice tea but with sweet n low , and lots of water... I do have at night once in a while one cup of coffee with 2 tbsp of heavy cream, two sweet n lows and cinnamon sprinkled in it , stirred and oh its so good. Could it be that? I still think its the sweet n low.. I do not like stevia. ugh. i have some and could use it but ugh . lo l. It just amazes me tho this was the second week of induction.. My overall monthly weight loss I am happy with!! If I could do this every month I will be at my goal in four months time!!

Old 05-21-2014, 04:10 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Hmm, nothing really pops out? I had to give up my hwc as suggested by Mthergoos and it did help me a little. I now just use Silk Coconut Unsweetened and it's pretty good! Again what one person can have lots of, others must reduce or eliminate. Don't know how much salami you had but the nitrates, preservatives and sodium would be quite high!! I haven't had "deli" meat in 8 mons but unless you're eating it every day, that wouldn't explain your early "stall". It's not really a stall and I've heard the 3rd or 4th week a bit of stick kind of happens? Maybe a body adjustment, I don't know. I would most definitely try another sweetener. Of all of them on the market, that one is probably the worst. I've tried several and found I can live with Splenda although it's a sucroLOSE which any "lose" is not recommended.
I find it's the closest in taste to Sweet 'N Low. Believe it or not I seem to gain when I eat romaine and Ranch. I'm sure it's just the Ranch but I don't do veggies anyway so not a big loss for me. This can be a real trial and error so just keep at it and you'll find your body rhythm, I'm sure. Take one thing away and give it a week. I find out if you change/add/delete more than one thing at a time then you're pooched and you have no idea what it was? The #1 thing I've learned is patience and lots of it, my dear. All the best and keep us posted!!!
Old 05-21-2014, 08:47 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/127.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
As always, Bonny is so right. It's totally normal to slow down in the 2nd or 3rd week. Your body is adjusting. You'll have weeks with great losses, and weeks with no losses, or even a gain. Just take it all in stride and keep going. As long as you stay patient and consistent, it will happen. If you go a couple of weeks without losing, then you may want to try getting rid of the HWC and see if that helps, but I wouldn't do it yet.
MtherGoos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:57 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

"As always"
Old 05-21-2014, 10:15 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/127.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
MtherGoos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:21 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maximumdensity
Stats: 183/150/130ish
WOE: Atkins/NK
Start Date: Feb/2014
Goose and Bonny you two rock!!! I love reading your posts!

Vessel of Prayer,
so many things could be going on....now your body is switching to fat loss instead of water loss and for you it may take time to adjust to that.
You don't say M or F age Tom ? so many things come into play. Are exercising heavily?

I would give it more time
maximumdensity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:31 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Vessel you said you used cinnamon, it has 2 carbs per teaspoon... did ya know?
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:24 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Jo,
that is good to know. I have some supplements I haven't been using thank goodness, but I may have to find a new home for them.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:28 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Carri23
Stats: 220/207/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 03/01/2014
I was having a few weeks like that at first and I noticed I would lose so much more when I didn't have cheese...not sure why
Carri23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:56 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Cheese does seem to stall lots of people.
I haven't given it up yet, but I measure.
I think one problem is portion control and the another is the carbs in cheese.
Many labels say 0 but it is actually a fraction and those add up.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
hey vessel, can you do this? Only by measuring and weighing every single thing you eat for a week will you know exactly what could be wrong.

So get some measuring cups and spoons - both for solids like your lettuce and liquids.
And you need a scale, like a postal scale or a cheap food scale. They can be extremely cheap!
Then, you can either use a calorie/carb tracker (click on TOOLS up in the top right corner of this page) and input what you eat in that, or get a pad and write down EVERY SINGLE THING you put in your mouth. For a week. The thing that surprised me the most was how much, say, 3 oz of chicken or turkey is. Not much!
If you can measure/weigh everything you eat, we can look at it and try to figure out what the problem is. Can you do that? I measured the first six months=- maybe it was a year - i was doing Atkins. It was very important to my weight loss and kept me completely accountable. If you eat something you don't know the carb/calorie count of, just ask! There are plenty of experts here.
dq

First started Atkins April 1, 2002.
Lost 40 pounds back then and maintained for almost 8 years...then carb creep crept. I've always been low carb, but went hard core again in March 2012.
Hey! You don't have to drink all that water!
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 03:28 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carri23 View Post
I was having a few weeks like that at first and I noticed I would lose so much more when I didn't have cheese...not sure why
I cant eat cheese either because I would either stall or gain. Then I did a serious look at my Food Log and it wasn't the cheese it was my portion control issues -- I was OVER DOING the cheese -- so no more cheese for me....I have the same issue with nuts... but they are so high in carbs and kcals, they shouldn't even be on a low carb diet IMHO (1 oz almond = 22 kennels = 169 kcals and 6 carbs) that's barely a hand full...
Old 06-06-2014, 03:30 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patience View Post
Cheese does seem to stall lots of people.
I haven't given it up yet, but I measure.
I think one problem is portion control and the another is the carbs in cheese.
Many labels say 0 but it is actually a fraction and those add up.
Good rule of thumb is 1 oz hard aged cheese = 1 carb you can't go wrong that way.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:32 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyQueen View Post
hey vessel, can you do this? Only by measuring and weighing every single thing you eat for a week will you know exactly what could be wrong.

So get some measuring cups and spoons - both for solids like your lettuce and liquids.
And you need a scale, like a postal scale or a cheap food scale. They can be extremely cheap!
Then, you can either use a calorie/carb tracker (click on TOOLS up in the top right corner of this page) and input what you eat in that, or get a pad and write down EVERY SINGLE THING you put in your mouth. For a week. The thing that surprised me the most was how much, say, 3 oz of chicken or turkey is. Not much!
If you can measure/weigh everything you eat, we can look at it and try to figure out what the problem is. Can you do that? I measured the first six months=- maybe it was a year - i was doing Atkins. It was very important to my weight loss and kept me completely accountable. If you eat something you don't know the carb/calorie count of, just ask! There are plenty of experts here.
dq
You are so spot on DQ!! Some people try to eye ball their portions and some people have very LARGE eye balls if you know what I mean. I don't eat ANYTHING unless it's been measured and documented in my Food Log.
Old 06-07-2014, 02:27 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Jo And DQ,
you two are full of wisdom and laughs...well put Jo.

DQ what is your avatar pic from it is very familiar but I can't place it...?
Old 06-07-2014, 04:27 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximumdensity View Post
Jo And DQ,
you two are full of wisdom and laughs...well put Jo.

DQ what is your avatar pic from it is very familiar but I can't place it...?
Oh yeah I'm full of it

Isn't that the character "Emma Peel" from the 60's Get Smart?
Old 06-08-2014, 11:31 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

haha yes it's my hero, Emma Peel, from The Avengers. I have some before and after pix of the real me -- i think they're in one of the monthly challenges here (That's really the only thread I look at every day). Jo are you a musician? I am too.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:03 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Oh- I thought it looked like Stephanie Powers....

What kind of music you two?
Old 06-08-2014, 02:40 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
haha yes it's my hero, Emma Peel, from The Avengers. I have some before and after pix of the real me -- i think they're in one of the monthly challenges here (That's really the only thread I look at every day). Jo are you a musician? I am too.
OOh Avengers... not Get Smart... I didn't like that show anyways -- Avengers was sooo much cooler!!

I played bass guitar all over Europe at US military bases when I was btween 9-17 yo -- playing all the current rock n roll songs of that generation (mid 60 to mid 70s). I've been playing 6 & 12-strings as well since I was about 15. Then my dad retired from the Air Force and we moved to the US and we played dives and bars until I got married and left the band. (I married an Army soldier who moved me back to Europe). I played Catholic masses for almost 20 yo. Now I'm a teacher at a public school & I teach guitar (and other electives) -- this past year I had 50 guitar students. It was amazing -- they pay me to teach all my hobbies!!! Who can complain???
Old 06-08-2014, 02:49 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh- I thought it looked like Stephanie Powers....

What kind of music you two?
I'll play almost anything on the guitar, I love classic rock & some country -- except RAP . I teach my guitar students classical pieces like Minute in G, Fur Elise. I arrange all the music for them. We did new stuff like Counting Stars (One Republic) and Radioactive (Imagine Dragon) this year as well.

I generally arrange music that will give them exposure to different picking patterns and strumming patterns. I taught them to play Dueling Banjo this year, it was incredible! It's amazing to see them the first day where they can't play, can't tune and can barely hold the guitar and then at the last concert in May where they have really embraced it. The parents are always impressed!!
Old 06-08-2014, 03:50 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Jo,
classic rock. How blessed are you, they say do something you love and you never work a day in you life.

I am not musical but enjoy listening very much. I have been on the board of our music auxilary for years. So I have gotten to tour with both the band and orchestra for our district. The school board has recently come up short on funds and they are cutting back our music programs I think music is like oxygen for so many. Both highschools have won grammys, the kids love it and it makes them better kids So I'll save my rant for the school board.

Keep on doing what you do
Old 06-08-2014, 03:59 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Jo,
classic rock. How blessed are you, they say do something you love and you never work a day in you life.

I am not musical but enjoy listening very much. I have been on the board of our music auxilary for years. So I have gotten to tour with both the band and orchestra for our district. The school board has recently come up short on funds and they are cutting back our music programs I think music is like oxygen for so many. Both highschools have won grammys, the kids love it and it makes them better kids So I'll save my rant for the school board.

Keep on doing what you do
Thanks maxi, I don't have a music degree and in the age of "highly qualified" I am listed as independent study -- whatever it takes. My BS is in Family and Consumer Sciences with minors in Nutrition and Child Development, my Masters is in Technology and Computer Science.

Oh I hear you about money. We do 2 concerts each quarter as well as 4 visits to do "Christmas" music for nursing homes -- all after school and we don't get paid over time at all. Thank goodness I love what I do!!
Old 06-09-2014, 07:25 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

hi hi -- i play guitar - classical since I was 5 and acoustic and electric
I have four bands in DC- it's the only way to have a constant flow of gigs every weekend (and sometimes week nights) - I have an alt-retro-country band with five CDs of original material and we've performed at the Grand Ole Opry, a 60s girl group band (i don't play guitar in that one), a punk band (started in 79 and we are still playing and just recorded 17 songs in two days in the studio - ugh!) and a band that sort of fills in the blanks - plays weddings and receptions and animal lodges, etc. - a mix of everything up to about 1970. phew!
Old 06-09-2014, 03:54 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
hi hi -- i play guitar - classical since I was 5 and acoustic and electric
I have four bands in DC- it's the only way to have a constant flow of gigs every weekend (and sometimes week nights) - I have an alt-retro-country band with five CDs of original material and we've performed at the Grand Ole Opry, a 60s girl group band (i don't play guitar in that one), a punk band (started in 79 and we are still playing and just recorded 17 songs in two days in the studio - ugh!) and a band that sort of fills in the blanks - plays weddings and receptions and animal lodges, etc. - a mix of everything up to about 1970. phew!
WOW that's AWESOME! Sounds exhausting too... around here, it's odd to hear "live" music... even if it's just cover bands...
Old 06-10-2014, 10:46 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
Vessel you said you used cinnamon, it has 2 carbs per teaspoon... did ya know?
yes, i just sprinkle a little on my coffee once a day.