Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2014, 11:17 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mistermirror
Stats: 213/175/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 4/24/2014
Cravings - Week 2 of Induction

So I have been cruising along fine with my Atkins Induction eating the past week. Haven't had any cheats, haven't been hungry outside of meal times. I think I was getting a little cocky thinking this was going to be easy.

Today I am craving Pizza in a big way. Not just a piece of Pizza, but the whole thing. I can't stop thinking about it. I just got an email from Papa Johns offering me 50% off my entire order. What a deal!

Anyway...I am going to try and resist this. Is it normal to get cravings while in the induction period? I figured it would happen right away, but not a week into things.

Thanks!
mistermirror is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2014, 01:17 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsKitty
You don't have to resist! Make good pizza lc pizza yourself!
I'm not quite sure how this fits into Atkins 72 or DANDR induction, but there are some lc versions of pizza that might work.

Maybe others with more Atkins 72 knowledge and/or DANDR can ring in on what is okay for induction, but it still seems to me if you're going to "cheat" you can "cheat" in a smart way.

Many recipes/references for lc pizzas were posted, fairly recently, in this thread:
Do you still have moments you start to crave carbs?
MsKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:33 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsKitty View Post
You don't have to resist! Make good pizza lc pizza yourself!
I'm not quite sure how this fits into Atkins 72 or DANDR induction, but there are some lc versions of pizza that might work.

Maybe others with more Atkins 72 knowledge and/or DANDR can ring in on what is okay for induction, but it still seems to me if you're going to "cheat" you can "cheat" in a smart way.

Many recipes/references for lc pizzas were posted, fairly recently, in this thread:
Do you still have moments you start to crave carbs?
Thanks for the link. Maybe I will take a trip to the store and get the ingredients so I can make my own pizza. Not sure if its 'induction certified,' but still would be better than me eating a bunch of Papa Johns.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsKitty
I can only vouch for the one I made. It was so easy and delicious, it really did rival anything we could buy at a generic pizza place. If dipping sauce is your thing, you can do this with melted and cooled butter with a bit of garlic powder, too.
MsKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:55 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Well, I cured the craving by stuffing my face. But not with anything carby...I made two hamburger patties topped with cheese. I felt like I was going to explode after eating them, but the craving for pizza disappeared. And I was down another pound the next day so that was encouraging. So next time I have a craving, I will simply eat something allowed and not sit and think about whatever food is causing the craving.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:17 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
Start Date: 7-22-12
Order from Papa Johns. Take all the toppings and cheese off and eat it. Throw away the crust. That sounds like a good deal!
Big Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:26 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cadet12
There are tons of low carb pizza recipes! Ive made tons of pizzas at home, low carb pizzas are delicious! Dont get hooked on them. That stalled me! I believe youre craving carbs, I eaat 2-4 saltine crackers. It helps my cravings but doesnt affect me. As of sugar cravings, Take Sugar free jello, add some whipped topping. You can also add Whipped topping ina cup and get diet root beer, make a float! Good luck!
Cadet12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:27 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: perclady
Stats: 228/220/160
WOE: low carb...as in no simple carbs
Start Date: May 12 2014
I've been away for a while, but when I was on induction years ago I used to make pizza omelets. Saute whatever you would put on pizza, mix in some sauce, make an omelet and stuff with your filling and cheese. Yummy and as my Mom says "legal".
perclady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:34 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maximumdensity
Stats: 183/150/130ish
WOE: Atkins/NK
Start Date: Feb/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by perclady View Post
I've been away for a while, but when I was on induction years ago I used to make pizza omelets. Saute whatever you would put on pizza, mix in some sauce, make an omelet and stuff with your filling and cheese. Yummy and as my Mom says "legal".
Oh that is brillant! I in fact made a low carb pizza last night for dinner and it was quite difficult to not eat the whole thing, so good. I am having trouble at times not overeating BUt I am working on it.
maximumdensity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:37 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbCarrie
Start Date: Feb 2011
It's worth noting-- and I only say this because I experience it frequently-- that many cravings come out of an emotional emptiness, and eating to calm yourself will only hurt you in the long run. If you're HUNGRY, eat. But if you're EMPTY, evaluate what's going on around you-- what's bothering you, what's got you anxious, what's heavy on your heart... that kind of thing.

It's wonderful not to gain weight after eating, but if we eat to calm feelings, we're avoiding our problems which will only make matters worse.

Just my two cents!
LowCarbCarrie is offline   Reply With Quote