Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   Cravings - Week 2 of Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/829685-cravings-week-2-induction.html)

mistermirror 05-02-2014 11:17 AM

Cravings - Week 2 of Induction

So I have been cruising along fine with my Atkins Induction eating the past week. Haven't had any cheats, haven't been hungry outside of meal times. I think I was getting a little cocky thinking this was going to be easy.

Today I am craving Pizza in a big way. Not just a piece of Pizza, but the whole thing. I can't stop thinking about it. I just got an email from Papa Johns offering me 50% off my entire order. What a deal!

Anyway...I am going to try and resist this. Is it normal to get cravings while in the induction period? I figured it would happen right away, but not a week into things.

Thanks!

MsKitty 05-02-2014 01:17 PM

You don't have to resist! Make good pizza lc pizza yourself!
I'm not quite sure how this fits into Atkins 72 or DANDR induction, but there are some lc versions of pizza that might work.

Maybe others with more Atkins 72 knowledge and/or DANDR can ring in on what is okay for induction, but it still seems to me if you're going to "cheat" you can "cheat" in a smart way. ;)

Many recipes/references for lc pizzas were posted, fairly recently, in this thread:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...ighlight=pizza

mistermirror 05-02-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsKitty (Post 16896999)
You don't have to resist! Make good pizza lc pizza yourself!
I'm not quite sure how this fits into Atkins 72 or DANDR induction, but there are some lc versions of pizza that might work.

Maybe others with more Atkins 72 knowledge and/or DANDR can ring in on what is okay for induction, but it still seems to me if you're going to "cheat" you can "cheat" in a smart way. ;)

Many recipes/references for lc pizzas were posted, fairly recently, in this thread:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...ighlight=pizza

Thanks for the link. Maybe I will take a trip to the store and get the ingredients so I can make my own pizza. Not sure if its 'induction certified,' but still would be better than me eating a bunch of Papa Johns. :)

MsKitty 05-02-2014 01:42 PM

I can only vouch for the one I made. It was so easy and delicious, it really did rival anything we could buy at a generic pizza place. If dipping sauce is your thing, you can do this with melted and cooled butter with a bit of garlic powder, too.

mistermirror 05-03-2014 02:55 PM

Well, I cured the craving by stuffing my face. But not with anything carby...I made two hamburger patties topped with cheese. I felt like I was going to explode after eating them, but the craving for pizza disappeared. :) And I was down another pound the next day so that was encouraging. So next time I have a craving, I will simply eat something allowed and not sit and think about whatever food is causing the craving.

Big Stevie 05-15-2014 06:17 PM

Order from Papa Johns. Take all the toppings and cheese off and eat it. Throw away the crust. That sounds like a good deal!

Cadet12 05-20-2014 01:26 PM

There are tons of low carb pizza recipes! Ive made tons of pizzas at home, low carb pizzas are delicious! Dont get hooked on them. That stalled me! I believe youre craving carbs, I eaat 2-4 saltine crackers. It helps my cravings but doesnt affect me. As of sugar cravings, Take Sugar free jello, add some whipped topping. You can also add Whipped topping ina cup and get diet root beer, make a float! Good luck!

perclady 05-20-2014 05:27 PM

I've been away for a while, but when I was on induction years ago I used to make pizza omelets. Saute whatever you would put on pizza, mix in some sauce, make an omelet and stuff with your filling and cheese. Yummy and as my Mom says "legal".

maximumdensity 06-05-2014 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perclady (Post 16916491)
I've been away for a while, but when I was on induction years ago I used to make pizza omelets. Saute whatever you would put on pizza, mix in some sauce, make an omelet and stuff with your filling and cheese. Yummy and as my Mom says "legal".

:high5: Oh that is brillant! I in fact made a low carb pizza last night for dinner and it was quite difficult to not eat the whole thing, so good. I am having trouble at times not overeating :o BUt I am working on it.

LowCarbCarrie 06-17-2014 12:37 PM

It's worth noting-- and I only say this because I experience it frequently-- that many cravings come out of an emotional emptiness, and eating to calm yourself will only hurt you in the long run. If you're HUNGRY, eat. But if you're EMPTY, evaluate what's going on around you-- what's bothering you, what's got you anxious, what's heavy on your heart... that kind of thing.

It's wonderful not to gain weight after eating, but if we eat to calm feelings, we're avoiding our problems which will only make matters worse.

Just my two cents!