Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2014, 07:14 AM   #241
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Sandy ~ Way to maintain!!!

Kimber ~ You are having nice drops each day. KUTGW!!!

Bonnie ~ 60 lbs That's awesome!!! My 5 year old Erin weighs 60 lbs. so you pretty much lost a small child!

BullDog ~ I have something going on too My left ear is killing me and I'm all congested. I took 2 Dayquil liqui-gels around 7:30 am. I don't want to go to the doctor but if my ear keeps hurting I'm gonna have to bite the bullet.

Candy ~ Congrats on making it through the day without cheating!

As for me, I feel like crap. I don't know if it's allergies or sinuses or BOTH. The Dayquil helps with the congestion but now my tummy hurts because it's draining into my stomach I have a feeling my left ear is infected too. GRRRRR

I bought the Almond/Coconut sugar-free milk as per Bonny's suggestion and it's pretty good. I subbed almost all of my HWC out for it this morning. I figure I can at least save calories. Striving today for more water and only meat, eggs, cheese.
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2014, 07:44 AM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Congrats to all of the losers!!

Gracie, That's great your dh wants to do Atkins with you. Mine is still convinced that low fat is the way to go even though he tries to eat all of my deviled eggs. I hope you feel better! I'm torn over taking Benadryl and risking a gain or stall.

Hockeymum, Glad to see you back! Congrats to your kids for doing a great job!

James, Will your video be on youtube? LOL

MtherGoos, Congrats on being 4 lbs from goal!!!! Thanks for that tip on the provolone cheese. I might have to try that.

Bonny-Jean, WTG on this HUGE milestone!!!! When I hit that milestone, the neighbors better watch out because I'll be running down the street in a bikini. LOL
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:15 AM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiggy
Stats: 84.6kg/76.8kg/60kg
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 3 March 2013
Hi everyone,
Sorry for the late joining, went on hols from last week so missed the start. Have been trying to catch up with the 9 pages since the thread started! Am still a bit behind so apologies.

Unfortunately, I was not a good girl and ended up on the last three days giving in to pastries, chips and corn... There were plenty of low carb options around but I just gave into temptation which was really bad. I didn't have a blow out but had say one large custard for brekkie, a bag of chips for lunch (with nothing else), a gelato another day. We were out hiking and doing stuff but still...

Anyway, it all combined to a 2.3kg gain...

So am starting May back at a January weight. My fingers are crossed this is just water retention and can work it off in a few days of super low carb and training.

Anyway, congrats to you Mothergoos! Sooooo near your goal and in your skinny trousers! Great work Sandy and everyone! Sorry, really need to go back and read all the posts so will post again later once I've had a chance to catch up!

Sandy - did read your post about peels, be very careful. Sometimes they can be way too strong and not be the right acid for your skin. Make sure you do a test patch first. If its not right, I can recommend you a good place in the UK who sell a product called Cosmelan and Dermamelan for home peels. They are very reputable. The also sell brands like DMK, Zo, Obagi etc. I have microdermabrasion every 8 weeks or so plus a tailored peel then do a strong peel once a year.

Anyway, my May goal is to get back to 75kg instead of the 78.4kgs I woke up to today...
Tiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:18 AM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Sandy ~ Bonnie ~ 60 lbs That's awesome!!! My 5 year old Erin weighs 60 lbs. so you pretty much lost a small child!

Thanks, now to lose a 12 yr old.

I bought the Almond/Coconut sugar-free milk as per Bonny's suggestion and it's pretty good. I subbed almost all of my HWC out for it this morning. I figure I can at least save calories. Striving today for more water and only meat, eggs, cheese.

See!!! I find it very pleasant in coffee and I'm sure if I EVER have a cereal again, it would be my first choice. btw: Feel better soon!
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:21 AM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogMom View Post
Bonny-Jean, WTG on this HUGE milestone!!!! When I hit that milestone, the neighbors better watch out because I'll be running down the street in a bikini. LOL
Thanks. OMG, I just about spit my water out while I was reading that. You know when I look at Jack's picture while you're making comments like that, I swear it just makes what you say even FUNNIER!!! You do make me laugh woman!!
Old 05-07-2014, 09:15 AM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Thanks. OMG, I just about spit my water out while I was reading that. You know when I look at Jack's picture while you're making comments like that, I swear it just makes what you say even FUNNIER!!! You do make me laugh woman!!
LOL I changed Jack's picture just for you. He was guarding this coconut from his brother like it was ham.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:16 AM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Tiggy, Glad to see you back! I've had my share of slip-ups. The important thing is to just keep trying. You'll get those pounds back off in no time.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:20 AM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: luvleliz
Stats: 233/221/180 5'9"
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart November 2014
I tried the microwave cheese thing and it didn't work. I need exact name brand or times mine just got all oily and runny. I would love to make cheese crackers, just not having any luck. I LOVE CHEESE. enough said.

Today we are celebrating an office bday. She is vegan so we got a vegan cake. LOL. Anyways, birthdays means lunch out. Already looked at the menu and i'm getting some sort of chili sausage or hotdog without the bun and a side salad. Not sure whats going on with me recently, actually been ordering chili and I don't even like it. lol - or really need to be craving it to eat it. Wow TOM has changed from chips to chili, I can dig it.

Reading back the green chili is called chili verde. My MIL can make the best salsa and chili verde. and it's HOT!. I laugh because she makes her salsa for all our parties and makes a batch with my name on it that's "not so hot" that's what she says!!! Aye it's always hot but it's that good burn ya know what I mean. She doesn't speak much English but I know how to say muy caliente to her and she laughs. Gotta love having that traditional Mexican food in the family. My family is soo white. I grew up on hot dogs and hamburgers its nice to venture out as I get older. Funny, because my dad was a closet chef, he loved to cook the most amazing things, I was just a picky eater.

Getting ready to go to the new jillian workout for the month at my gym. Wish me luck, my coworkers legs have been hurting for two days.
5'9, 42 yrs old.
Working out 4-5x a week
luvleliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:22 AM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
LOL I changed Jack's picture just for you. He was guarding this coconut from his brother like it was ham.
These guys must keep you laughing all day long!!
Ah, gotta love those furbabies, eh!!
Old 05-07-2014, 09:29 AM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
good morning everyone!!!

oo looks like rain is coming, and I don't have any weather gear.
Ticks- i found one on my leg last night! I'd been to a wildlife preserve the day before. i pulled it off but i'm a little grossed out/ worried.

5/4 141
5/5. 143
5/6. 142.5
5/7 142.5
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:35 AM   #251

Bonny ~ I also saw unsweetened vanilla almond that sounds good too. I may try this one next time. And losing a 12 year old
Old 05-07-2014, 09:54 AM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Gracie: LOL. Even though it's so low in carbs and calories, there's so many vitamins and minerals in it, it's surprising. Probably the most healthful thing I drink! Enjoy!
Old 05-07-2014, 10:35 AM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

I just saw today's date and realized that I'm at a milestone of sorts. One year ago I had a hysterectomy because a biopsy showed that I had complex hyperplasia with atypia. I was one step away from cancer and the oncologist said that about 30% of women with this diagnosis already have cancer. This was a life changer for me since at the time, I was 38 and had two small daughters. This is what made me ditch sugar and carbs. Thankfully surgery was done in time and there was no cancer. I'm not exactly where I want to be weight wise, but health wise, I'm doing alright. My before pic is the best you're going to get because I dodge the camera like the plague.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg oneyr.jpg (39.7 KB, 29 views)
Old 05-07-2014, 10:51 AM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

bulldogmom you look FANTASTIC --!!! what a transformation!
d
Old 05-07-2014, 10:55 AM   #255

BulldogMom ~ How scary!! I'm so happy everything turned out well. And your before and after pics are AAA-MAAYY-ZZIINNG!!! I also love the Hello Kitty shower curtain My bathroom has all kinds of girly stuff in it ranging from One Direction to Dora the Explorer

How tall are you? We are really close in weight and I'm 5'-7".

Last edited by Gracie514; 05-07-2014 at 10:57 AM..
Old 05-07-2014, 11:41 AM   #256
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks DairyQueen and Gracie! I'm 5'3 1/2".....got to count that 1/2". I was in the girls' bathroom which has the best lighting but not the best for background props. LOL
Old 05-07-2014, 12:00 PM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I just saw today's date and realized that I'm at a milestone of sorts. One year ago I had a hysterectomy because a biopsy showed that I had complex hyperplasia with atypia. I was one step away from cancer and the oncologist said that about 30% of women with this diagnosis already have cancer. This was a life changer for me since at the time, I was 38 and had two small daughters. This is what made me ditch sugar and carbs. Thankfully surgery was done in time and there was no cancer. I'm not exactly where I want to be weight wise, but health wise, I'm doing alright. My before pic is the best you're going to get because I dodge the camera like the plague.
Yeah, you are pretty good at dodging the camera. . But you can definitely see a BIG change!! Don't get down sometimes cause you are doing an amazing job. Way to go girl.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:01 PM   #258
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
BulldogMom, you DO look amazing! Great job!!! You've really come a long way. And Jack's new picture is ADORABLE! My pitties do that too and it makes me laugh the way they guard the craziest things to keep their siblings away from it. Too funny!

DQ, you need to head this way, it's reaching into the 100's and NO rain!

Liz, did you use Parchment paper? Not wax paper, but parchment? Sorry, just checking, because so many people I've given the recipe too have tried wax paper, thinking they are the same thing, and ended up with a mess. I use Kraft Deluxe American Cheese Slices to make them. NOT the individually wrapped processed cheese food stuff, but the ones that specifically say Kraft Deluxe American Cheese Slices and are not individually wrapped. I know you'll love them when you can get them to come out nice and crispy. I usually cook them for one minute, but microwaves can vary, so you can try them for a little longer if you need to.
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:04 PM   #259
Senior LCF Member

5/5: 227
5/6: dnw
5/7: 225

Yay, finally back on track, for the most part. Hungry today and can't wait for lunch. I don't get out much so for a staff lunch out I get happy.

Wow, all your pictures look great! I wanna be you bulldog! And I will.

B: coffee w/hwc, 2 eggs
S: string cheese
L: some sort of sausage or hotdog with chili, side salad
D: prob left over zucchini alfredo with chicken I made - love this!
Old 05-07-2014, 12:06 PM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Thanks mther, I will go find that cheese!! Not sure what I used but I love cooking on parchment paper so I def have some.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:22 PM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Cudabear
Stats: 168/146/140 - 5'4
WOE: 4:3 - Low Carb/Low Cal
Start Date: Sept 2013
Back in here after taking a month off!

Hi folks..
Little late getting in but after a pretty naughty April and only a 2lb loss I am back at it.
Started A'72 today, ran out and grabbed a chicken and some cheese for lunch and let me tell you - I am STUFFED!! (4oz Chicken, 3 pieces of cheese)
Guess i'm going to have to watch the mindless working/eating lunch at the same time because I either eat too fast to know i'm full, or eat over the point of full.. Either way.
Feeling borderline panic for dinner tonight as DH wants to go to the pub and I know i'll want a glass of wine. Hope I can stick to my guns and not cave into peer pressure.

Bulldog - you look awesome, congrats on all you've achieved!

Mthrgoose & Sandy - WOW! Look at all the weight you ladies have lost in the month I have been absent.. Amazing! Congrats.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:25 PM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
Start Date: 1/27/2014
This had been a stellar year for allergies, Mine have been non-stop for several months. My daughter was almost hospitalized and will be having surgery in hopes to lessen allergies. My 2 year old has been sick for months and on a whim I gave him some allergy meds yesterday and no more coughing, no more snot machine, just a happy kid.

luvleliz – if vegans get vegan cake do low carbers get a side of beef?

BulldogMom – Yea you.
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:13 PM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddabing View Post
This had been a stellar year for allergies, Mine have been non-stop for several months. My daughter was almost hospitalized and will be having surgery in hopes to lessen allergies. My 2 year old has been sick for months and on a whim I gave him some allergy meds yesterday and no more coughing, no more snot machine, just a happy kid.

BulldogMom – Yea you.
I was reading about all of the uses for coconut oil. One of them was to put a dab of coconut oil in your nostrils. It absorbed the pollen before causing harm. I haven't tried it, but I will be going to my mainland home next month and will try it then. I'm so fortunate to be allergy free here, but usually have to go to CA during the allergy season so suffer then.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:16 PM   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddabing View Post

BulldogMom – Yea you.
OMG I know what you're talking about! My 4 year old DD is a total SNOT-ROCKET! She is on a prescription nasal spray (fluticonase) and Children's Allegra. If we miss a day her nose runs like a faucet and she is miserable. Hoping the allergies ease up SOON.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:25 PM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiggy
Stats: 84.6kg/76.8kg/60kg
Start Date: 3 March 2013
Amazing photos Bulldogmom!!! Congratulations! So glad everything worked out okay for you and that you've come so far! Also, thanks for the info on monthly cycles and hormones not abating till ovulation, I kept expecting to drop the water immediately after, but you are so right!

DQ, hope that tick didn't pass you lyme - is that something you can check?

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday!
Tiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:39 PM   #266
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Bulldogmom! You look Awesome!!!

DQ i've gotten a tick off me already this yr but then that's nothing unusal around here. I'd just watch the area for swelling or a " Bulls eye" at the bite and see a Dr if you see anything unusal.
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:06 PM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

thanks shelly, i was hoping for some soothing words like that. I pinched my skin where the tick had been and some clear pus came out and the area was a bit red. It's not red today.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:08 PM   #268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
I don't think we have to worry about tics here...... just scorpions. LOL Glad it's ok DQ!
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:21 PM   #269
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyQueen View Post
thanks shelly, i was hoping for some soothing words like that. I pinched my skin where the tick had been and some clear pus came out and the area was a bit red. It's not red today.
If it's not red or redder today, then you're fine. Luckily the tick that carries lime is fairly rare but PLEASE do not pinch your skin next time. As soon as you remove any tick, I usually just do a soap & water or a swipe with alcohol.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:23 PM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
I don't think we have to worry about tics here...... just scorpions. LOL Glad it's ok DQ!
I'd take a headful of ticks over 1 scorpion!!