Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2014, 09:47 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Gracie: Happy Birthday to your baby girl!!
Yes, I'm taking mag and pot. Well, it would be criminal if it's my coffee but I can't imagine what else?? I'll give it up in the evenings for a week and see what happens but I don't think I can survive a winter's evening without it but it's spring now so I should be okay. LOL.

Great job for making all those "on-plan" foods for today. I agree weighing once a week is better for your psyche, I just can't wait. I am a slave to the scale. LOL.

Have a fun birthday today and thanks for your reply!
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2014, 09:58 AM   #122
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Gracie: Happy Birthday to your baby girl!!
Yes, I'm taking mag and pot. Well, it would be criminal if it's my coffee but I can't imagine what else?? I'll give it up in the evenings for a week and see what happens but I don't think I can survive a winter's evening without it but it's spring now so I should be okay. LOL.

Great job for making all those "on-plan" foods for today. I agree weighing once a week is better for your psyche, I just can't wait. I am a slave to the scale. LOL.

Have a fun birthday today and thanks for your reply!
How much potassium do you take? I know that a banana is about 450 mg of potasssium so I need 4-5 tabs to equal one banana. I looked up the daily recommended intake and it's 4700 mg. Being low-carb it's kind of hard because a lot of the high potassium foods are off limit. But it looks like fish has good levels of potassium and also spinach. I know when I was pregnant I had foot/leg cramps all the time and the doc recommended bananas!!! Maybe up your potassium if you are going to drink the coffee and see it helps. Those cramps are the worst!!
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:01 AM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy1 View Post
I only have a mo as I have to walk the dogs, but Gracie thank you for sharing your pics, your daughter is adorable, definitely a gift...I love other people's pics.....ahhh 5 years old, so cute, thanks for sharing....hope you have an amazing day today.
Awww thanks! She was a real surprise because the doctors told me I couldn't have anymore kids. She has a brother 10 years older and a sister 6 years older. I had no idea I was pregnant until I was already like 8 weeks It was definitely a shock but the BEST present we could've ever imagined. She has awesome red hair and an attitude to match!
Old 05-04-2014, 10:01 AM   #124
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/184/145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
May goal- 4lbs and exercise 4x's a week
May 1st- 163.8
May 2nd- 162.0
May 3rd- 162,8
May 4th- 163.0! Drat! Where did That come from?!
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:04 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Gracie
Ah, bananas. I so miss them. I used to eat 5 bananas a week. The potassium is only 100 mgs but it says 9 hr time release. First I'll try not drinking the coffee for a week and see if that's the culprit. If it's still happening then I'll know it's not the coffee and maybe I'll have to up the potassium. Thank you.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:09 AM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Thanks Gracie
Ah, bananas. I so miss them. I used to eat 5 bananas a week. The potassium is only 100 mgs but it says 9 hr time release. First I'll try not drinking the coffee for a week and see if that's the culprit. If it's still happening then I'll know it's not the coffee and maybe I'll have to up the potassium. Thank you.
Sounds like a good plan! Mine doesn't say time released so I'm not sure about that. Somebody on here (can't remember the poster) takes Rx potassium and those are 595 mg. and they take 2 per day. I hate that you have to lose your precious coffee
Old 05-04-2014, 10:32 AM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Good Morning Everyone!

Gracie, thank you for sharing the pictures! You both look gorgeous! Don't worry about the little blip on the scale, it will be gone in no time!

Bonny, I take Potassium Pills that are 595mg, and I take 3 per day. I have noticed recently that my legs were coming back, so I had my Dr check my potassium levels because I didn't want to overdo the potassium, I know that can be dangerous. She checked, and I am just a little bit low. I can't remember the exact number, but normal started at something like 3.4, and I was 3.3. So I'm just adding one more potassium and that should help. So I'll be taking a total of 4 of the 595mg pills. Mine are just over the counter, not prescription. I think between the diuretic effect of this way of eating, AND the amount of caffeine that you and I both consume, , we may need more potassium than some people do because it gets flushed out of our bodies. I don't necessarily think you need to give up your coffee (no way am I giving up my diet pepsi! ), maybe just increase your potassium some more.

DQ, given the amount of traveling you do, and how tiny you are, I would not worry about that little blip on the scale. You are amazing, and you do such a great job of staying on plan, especially when you're never home. I'm sure in a day or two it will be right back down.

Kimber, hang in there, you'll be due for a WHOOSH any time!! You've got this!

Candy, the important thing is that you did the right thing for the right reasons, if they're not smart enough to treat their volunteers better and to appreciate them, then that's on them. AND you stayed on plan! Way to go!

BulldogMom, Stay strong! You can get through one more party and be done with them. Can you make your own low carb pizza before you go? Maybe then you won't even be tempted by the pizza there because you will have just eaten your oh-so-yummy low carb version!

Sandy, I think it's totally normal for the scale to jump up a tiny bit when you first introduce something new and start finding your way through the maze of maintenance. As long as you don't let it throw you, and just stay consistent, your body should level off and adjust. I think it's great that you're starting maintenance! I'm really excited for you and can't wait to see it how goes.

James, how is your new plan going? I know we're anxious to follow your journey and see how it works.

Hope everyone has a really great day!
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:35 AM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had originally not planned to get on the scale until the end of the week. I didn't go off plan with my traveling, but I know I could be retaining water from the flights and all the car rides. And just being off schedule and away from my regular foods always makes me nervous. BUT I woke up this morning and my tummy felt pretty flat, so I promised myself I WOULDN'T freak out if the scale was up, and I went ahead and weighed this morning. Last Sunday, before I left for my trip, I was at exactly 158. Today, I was at 155.4! I couldn't believe it! I had to get on and off the scale several times! I'm only 5 pounds from goal.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:36 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/231/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Bonny We buy the 10oz bottles and he drinks one a day. He has no side effects as there is not really enough quinine in tonic to affect you that way (just enough to keep him from having the leg cramps)....you would have to take prescription strength quinine to have those nasty side effects.
Kimbersh47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:37 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/231/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014
WooHoo MG!!!! You go girl!!
Kimbersh47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:38 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Kimber! Our stats are VERY similar and we have the same goal weight, so next year I'll be having the same celebration with YOU!
Old 05-04-2014, 10:41 AM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
I had originally not planned to get on the scale until the end of the week. I didn't go off plan with my traveling, but I know I could be retaining water from the flights and all the car rides. And just being off schedule and away from my regular foods always makes me nervous. BUT I woke up this morning and my tummy felt pretty flat, so I promised myself I WOULDN'T freak out if the scale was up, and I went ahead and weighed this morning. Last Sunday, before I left for my trip, I was at exactly 158. Today, I was at 155.4! I couldn't believe it! I had to get on and off the scale several times! I'm only 5 pounds from goal.
Holy moly!!! That is awesome Congratulations!!

On the Potassium - I haven't had any leg cramps so I "think" I'm okay? I only drink one cup of coffee in the morning and it's 1/2 decaf and 1/2 regular. I believe the first sign of low potassium is those pesky foot/leg cramps. I agree as well, Potassium is very important. My MIL had low potassium following a bout with the flu and got supplementation. But then my dad had high potassium and he was in the hospital for 14 days!!! It caused B-Fib which is really, really dangerous. But he also has diabetes and doesn't take good care of himself

Ok, I need to start getting ready for the party. I think I'm procrastinating
Old 05-04-2014, 11:13 AM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
mthrgoos how fantastic!!!!! good going!

Today I've eaten: an egg with a small bit of cheese and sausage.
a spoonful of salmon cream cheese.
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:10 PM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Last Sunday, before I left for my trip, I was at exactly 158. Today, I was at 155.4! I couldn't believe it! I had to get on and off the scale several times! I'm only 5 pounds from goal.
WHAT???? How the heck are you doing this!!!! Amazing!
Okay, did you eat this week??? LOL
Old 05-04-2014, 12:15 PM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Bonny, I take Potassium Pills that are 595mg, and I take 3 per day. I have noticed recently that my legs were coming back, so I had my Dr check my potassium levels because I didn't want to overdo the potassium, I know that can be dangerous. She checked, and I am just a little bit low. I can't remember the exact number, but normal started at something like 3.4, and I was 3.3. So I'm just adding one more potassium and that should help. So I'll be taking a total of 4 of the 595mg pills. Mine are just over the counter, not prescription. I think between the diuretic effect of this way of eating, AND the amount of caffeine that you and I both consume, , we may need more potassium than some people do because it gets flushed out of our bodies. I don't necessarily think you need to give up your coffee (no way am I giving up my diet pepsi! ), maybe just increase your potassium some more.
Oh... wow, I can't imagine taking that many pills plus mine say to take with a meal and they're HUGE horse pills. I only have 1 meal a day. My eggs are usually boiled and I just have one every couple of hrs or so??? Scrambled or fried just on the weekneds. Maybe I have to look for potassium pills that aren't time released?? Are you telling me I just replaced my coffee caffeine with diet coke caffeine? Ugh, I'm such an idiot sometimes. I drank 2 ltrs of coke last night from 4pm till 10 pm and no cramps???
Hmm, kinda makes you wonder, eh??

Thanks as well Gracie.

Last edited by Bonny-Jean; 05-04-2014 at 12:17 PM..
Old 05-04-2014, 12:17 PM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, that's why I'm never sure what works, what doesn't. LOL But I would think that you just switched one caffeine addiction for another. I don't always take my pills with food...... usually just with diet pepsi! LOL
Old 05-04-2014, 12:27 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbersh47 View Post
Bonny We buy the 10oz bottles and he drinks one a day. He has no side effects as there is not really enough quinine in tonic to affect you that way (just enough to keep him from having the leg cramps)....you would have to take prescription strength quinine to have those nasty side effects.
So does he have one a night? Does he drink before bed??
Old 05-04-2014, 12:32 PM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yeah, that's why I'm never sure what works, what doesn't. LOL But I would think that you just switched one caffeine addiction for another. I don't always take my pills with food...... usually just with diet pepsi! LOL
So maybe I'll take another pill after an egg or whatever. I think it says take with a meal cause it's "time released". Next time I'll see if I can find a different one. No surprise I give up one addiction and replaced it with another. Gave up the 'food' addiction and increased the nicotine addiction. I've heard it said that people who use food for emotional reasons have addictive personalities so that's my excuse. Thanks for your help again, congrats on that huge loss.... you must've been burning a lot of calories when you were there!!
Old 05-04-2014, 12:51 PM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Bonny! And I'm glad you changed your picture back so that we could see your beautiful skinny little face! Oh, and I totally agree, I KNOW without a doubt that I have an addictive personality! And I agree that it's probably true for a lot of us.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:56 PM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

You make me laugh....... and blush.

HELP!!! Can you picture an 90 yr old man without a shirt on????
Eeewww, right?? (sorry to any 90 yr old men)
For every pound I lose I'm getting that fine, soft, loose wrinkly skin.
Is there anything can be done?? The worst thing is is that most of the wrinkles are on one side. WTH???? And if that wasn't bad enough, just noticed it's happening on the tiny little bit of tummy apron
I have left!! I'll have to get some of that "filler" that DQ was talking about. I'm not a happy camper right now.
Old 05-04-2014, 02:33 PM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Summer weather's coming. Are you ready for that swim suit???

These guys don't follow the Induction rules.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Atkins 2015.jpg (12.3 KB, 10 views)
Old 05-04-2014, 03:07 PM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/158.6/149
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Bonnie that is funny.....I have been lying in bed at night and when I raise my arms up my arms in some spots go wrinkly lol....it drives me mad....don't ask me why I raise my arms up in bed, my daughter does it as well lol...but yes I can totally relate to what you are saying, I have been noticing it over the past year, I have done some research into collagen etc which is what we are lacking as we get older...you know the stuff that makes our skin firm...anyway I have upped my dose of vit c to 1,000mg timed release as that is supposed to help lol....it probably won't but oh well.....keep rubbing that coconut oil on as well you never know it might help a bit, but you are not on your own if that helps lol.

Love the pic of those guys Bonnie lol....hilarious....

Mthrgoos....whoop whoop for you....that is amazing, I am so so happy for you....you are officially a skinny Minnie now.

Last edited by Sandy1; 05-04-2014 at 03:10 PM..
Sandy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:22 PM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Congrats everyone on the losses!

MtherGoos, I don't even know what to say!? You are amazing and evidence of how this diet can work if we stick with the plan.

Bonny-Jean, That picture, makes me feel better about putting a bathing suit on. LOL

I survived the birthday party. I took a pinch of cheese off of my dd's pizza and it wasn't even good. I'm not sure where they bought this pizza from, but I'm glad it was horrible. My kids took one bite each and they wouldn't eat anymore. I came home and got into a beef stick. Then I fried up more chicken wings, boiled some eggs, cooked up some taco meat, and grilled a steak. I'm ready for next week.
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:23 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Last10
Stats: 249/140/136
WOE: Primal
Start Date: Mostly LC since 1999 when I joined LCF
Hello,
May I drop in occasionally for the fun here? I'm working on my last 10 pounds. For the last several months. I was 145 last summer but regained it in vacation and through the winter. I'd like to ultimately get down to 139 and learn to consistently maintain.

MG, that's awesome about your weight and pants. If I ever get to size 4 I will wear them on my head like a hat, with the label on my forehead. I will be shameless! I think I'd have to be around 132 to be a 4.

I drink diet tonic when in deep ketosis. I also use spray magnesium if I get a cramp and it makes it go away.

I'd love to shed 4 pounds in May!

5/1 * 149.8
5/2. *151*
5/3. *150.8
5/4. 150
Last10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:27 PM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

BulldogMom, thank you! I know there are a TON of low carb pizza recipes out there, but I was actually thinking about just frying some cheese in a pan and letting it get crispy, and then throwing some pepperoni on top of it for a super simple low carb pizza. The cheese will crisp up almost like a thin crust.

Last10, of course you can join us! And thank you! LOL I love the visual of you running around with your pants on your head!
Old 05-04-2014, 03:52 PM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm glad you changed your picture back
I get bored very easily that's why I'm always changing it. Tks.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:59 PM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
I take some extra potassium, too, but more salt is what finally stopped my leg cramps.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:55 PM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 5'4" 178/148/133-128
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart Dec 8 2014
MG fantastic drop! I look forward to that day. For me to be in a 4 I gotta be about 130 I will keep striving for it!

Bonny my muffin was a form of MIM 8 carbs 4 net and the green beans were 4 carbs 2.5 net. So worth it, I will have to give it a day of so and see what the scale says. I do a form of nutritional Atkins with some 72 thrown in. Because I worked last night and have tonight off it was my only meal of the day. I normally eat two meals a day with a snack. But I was saving up for this one.

Candy I am sorry your volunteer experience was awful you and all volunteers deserve a big thanks for all you do. I know normally it is something that makes us feel good or at least helpful and when that doesn't happen....grumbles... At least it is over!
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:05 PM   #149

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy1 View Post
Sheila....Welcome it would be lovely to have you here with us, when are you starting or have you started.
It isn't easy when there are other people in the house eating different food, I cook lovely meals for my dh and sometimes it kills me lol.....but its worth it and you are worth it.
thanks Sandy I started almost two weeks ago. Lost eight pounds. I am trying to stay away from pork rinds. They are my problem food on this woe. I will be reading the threads later. Mostly on after eleven P.m. ( work nights this month)
vessel of prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:06 PM   #150

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
Quote:
BulldogMom, thank you! I know there are a TON of low carb pizza recipes out there, but I was actually thinking about just frying some cheese in a pan and letting it get crispy, and then throwing some pepperoni on top of it for a super simple low carb pizza. The cheese will crisp up almost like a thin crust.

Last10, of course you can join us! And thank you! LOL I love the visual of you running around with your pants on your head!
just read your stats AWESOME.
vessel of prayer is offline   Reply With Quote