Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2014, 03:26 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/147.3/140's
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
I was reading a thread on the board a few days ago about chemical peels, they cost quite a lot to get done in a salon, but the whole thread is amazing...there are so many people that have jumped on board and ordered this stuff and done it at home for about 20 dollars and it seems to work and knocks about five years off you....ok you do have to go through a few days at home of being a bit brown, scabby and wrinkly while the chemicals are doing their thing...anyway I am going to have a go in a few weeks with my daughter....I thought it would be a laugh going brown and wrinkly together lol....anyway its on the board somewhere if anyone is interested in it and it seems to work...so many people have been having a go and all of them are amazed with the results....just thought I would throw it out there.....to be skinny and look 5 years younger sounds good to me lol......I know its not diet related but it is on the board so thought it wouldn't hurt mentioning it in case anyone wanted to have a go.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2014, 04:16 PM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Okay, yeah I totally agree. Getting shaky is a whole 'nother problem for sure. It happens to me too and I guess I would be taking a bar sooner than passing out or something. I thought you were talking about just having a little something something just in case kinda thing. I avoid a lot of things cause I don't know how well I'd behave but it's hard to avoid everything in life. I give you credit for being able to partake in normal life situations and stay the course. You're stronger than me. LOL.
I'm learning that hunger won't kill me. Who knew? I survived the party without incident. I wasn't hungry and I had my water bottle with me the whole time so I wouldn't be tempted by the sugary drinks. I was starving by the time I got home though and ate some pork rinds while waiting for my burger to cook. Though they're legal, the sodium usually has my weight up the next morning. Not going to worry about it though. One more party tomorrow....
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:31 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Candy, I've never really tested myself on the bars but I've had protein shakes and they don't bother me either. You're right, the bars/shakes have to better than the sugary alternatives.

DairyQueen, I live through you with your eating. I'm fascinated by the dishes you eat, but probably would never be brave enough to try some of them though. I'm not a big fish eater. I've made the konjac noodles. They didn't bother my weight at all but the texture does take some getting used to.

James, Congrats to you and your family on the 1 yr adoption anniversary! Enjoy your celebration tonight!

Sandy, You make me laugh! If you are good at photoshop, I have a million fat pics to send you. Make me look good! LOL I did survive the party. I even got a workout in pushing a bunch of 5 yr olds on the swings.

Shelly, good job staying on plan!
Old 05-03-2014, 06:35 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/192/165
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Feb 2014
I'm so happy, my weight is starting to move again! I went down a pound, and the scale looks like it wants to continue the downward movement! I am starting to see what some of you have mentioned, with the pork rinds causing water weight. I usually only have 1/2 oz, but Wednesday I had about 2 oz. Then none Thurs, and Fri I was peeing all day long! and then I was down a pound. So I'm learning my body a little more. I'm wondering though, if someone were to have a portion every day, wouldn't their body get used to it and it not cause them to retain water???
betterthanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:48 PM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy1 View Post
I wondered where your new pic had gone, I didn't see the shadow behind you or anything red on your face lol....you looked amazing and skinny...you are right we are so critical of ourselves....I might photoshop my next picture lol, make myself look thirty, I am really good at adobe lol.
You slay me!!!
Bonny-Jean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:58 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/127.4/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Hi everyone! Glad that everyone is having a great month so far!

Better, it's all about learning what works for your body,because we're all different, and it sounds like you're doing a great job of that!

Haven't been on the scale yet, but stayed 100% on plan while I was gone. Those size 5/6 jeans that I bought a few weeks ago are too baggy! I went and bought a size 3/4 short , and they fit perfectly!!! Very excited about that!

DQ thank you for the compliments! Your trip sounds like it was amazing! And you're such an inspiration that you do all this traveling and still stay on plan!
250 ~ Weight I need to be under to Zip Line in Vegas with my daughter! Made it! 6/4/13
240 ~ Weight I need to be under to go SkyDiving with my niece! Made It
225 ~ Halfway There. 75 Down, 75 To Go! MADE IT! In just under 6 months!
199 ~ Onderland Here I Come! Made It!! 11/7/13
166 ~ No Longer Obese - Made it 3/14/14
150 ~ Ultimate Goal, Half my body weight gone Made it! 5/23/14
MtherGoos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:59 PM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sandy, I'm sending my pix to you to fix, I want to look 30!
Old 05-03-2014, 07:03 PM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Sandy: That's an interesting idea. Hmm, might give that a try with my cous when she's here near the end of May. That way I won't have to worry about work seeing me! LOL. Are you sure they're safe??? Hey, you try it and let me know... but do it before May 22nd.

BulldogMom: Way to go at staying away from all that "food." Good job my dear, now one more day and you'll be good!

better: Happy to hear you had a loss. That's always nice. Snacking was something I really had to learn to stop. It's good to find what foods/snacks are triggers for gain, albeit water from sodium. Might I suggest sf jello for a snack?? I dunno, maybe you don't like jello. When I first starting this WOE, Atkins '72, I had never gone a whole evening without a snack and I used to have sf jello with a tbsp or so of whipped cream and I think it was hurting my effort so I dumped the whipped cream and gradually stop eating the jello too. I rarely have it now and only when I have unmerciful sugar/sweet cravings. As time goes on you'll find the things that really bump up the scale and others that have no effect. Good luck on your journey.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:04 PM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Haven't been on the scale yet, but stayed 100% on plan while I was gone. Those size 5/6 jeans that I bought a few weeks ago are too baggy! I went and bought a size 3/4 short , and they fit perfectly!!! Very excited about that!
OMG!!! I HAVE NO WORDS!!!! Well, except OMG!!!
Old 05-03-2014, 07:06 PM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lol! Bonny, I even left all the tags on when I showed them to my BF to prove what size they were. Not that he wouldn't believe me, I think I'm the one that was having trouble believing it.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:27 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnyB212
Stats: 5'5 200/*150*/125
WOE: Atkins, South Beach, Smoothie
Start Date: August 1, 2013!
Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Hi everyone! Glad that everyone is having a great month so far!

Better, it's all about learning what works for your body,because we're all different, and it sounds like you're doing a great job of that!

DQ thank you for the compliments! Your trip sounds like it was amazing! And you're such an inspiration that you do all this traveling and still stay on plan!
Congrats on your amazing weight loss!
SkinnyB212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:28 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SkinnyB212
Stats: 5'5 200/*150*/125
WOE: Atkins, South Beach, Smoothie
Start Date: August 1, 2013!
My new goal is 130 by June!
I will either follow a raw diet or south beach.
SkinnyB212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:55 AM   #103
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
can I join

A few years ago, I made it to 139 on low carb. Maintained for almost 4 yrs. Things happened in my life, and here I am back to my heavy self. I am not a happy camper. going to try all over again. I need motivation.. I live with my son and dil and two boys. Its hard being on a budget and everyone else not eating the way I do. Just stopped in to say I am really going to try again with all I have.
vessel of prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:06 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

May 1st 146
May 2nd 146
May 3rd 147.6
May 4th 146.8

The scale is moving back down thank goodness....I think if it had said 148 I might have freaked a little bit.
My eating is basically the same as normal, the only thing I have changed is having mixed fresh fruit for lunch, but still sticking to meat and salad for dinner...as I love salad, but in the week want to try adding some extra carbs to my salad to see what it does, like peppers and onions etc....anyway its a fun experiment.

Bulldogmom well done on being good, we are all so proud of you, it isn't easy when surrounded by goodies, especially cake....I love cake.....good luck for todays party.

SkinnyB12....I got my daughter a juicer for her birthday to encourage her to do it for the health benefits as I love green juice....she has been doing really well with it but yesterday she called me telling me about this juice she made which was awful so I asked her what she put in it as she has gotten really good at making them now....she used a whole Leek.....ughhhh, but it did make me laugh, I have no idea what she was thinking lol.

Better.....Well done on your loss....

Mthrgoos....You are an inspiration....I love the fact you kept the tags on....you must have been so proud to see those smaller numbers....

Bonnie...I am ordering that chemical stuff next week, it has to come from the states though so might take a couple of weeks to get here....fingers crossed it will be before your cousin comes....a couple of girls on the thread have taken pics of the brown scabby wrinkly skin before it flakes off....it is pretty horrible lol.

Today part cloudy and sunny, I am hoping for a beach walk and some gardeneing.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:11 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Sheila....Welcome it would be lovely to have you here with us, when are you starting or have you started.
It isn't easy when there are other people in the house eating different food, I cook lovely meals for my dh and sometimes it kills me lol.....but its worth it and you are worth it.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:06 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

May 1st....... 199.4
May 2nd...... 199.0
May 3rd...... no weigh-in
May 4th...... 198.6

I'm pretty sure I'm up a little because I feel really bloated. One more party today with pizza, cake and lots more junk. I'll just do like I did yesterday. I want to see some good numbers tomorrow morning. I can't believe I'm still "carrying" that bread on me.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:18 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

betterthanever, I've wondered the same thing about if my body would eventually get used to eating pork rinds every day. I think I panic when I see the increase and don't try to stick it out. I eat bacon every day and it doesn't bother me. I'm wondering too if the increase the next morning wasn't because I ate the pork rinds late and night and never gave my body a chance to release that extra water. I'm not sure. I don't consider them off limits, I just expect an increase in weight the next day that is temporary. Congrats on your loss!

MtherGoos, Yay! I'd be leaving the tags on and hanging out so when I walk by a stranger, they can see the size of my shorts. LOL

Sheila, I can relate to having to eat low carb when there are so many other people in the house. Dh eats low fat and the kids eat mostly healthy but lots of junk too.

Sandy, Nice drop! I know its a relief since you are trying out new foods again.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:00 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: candypickletoes
Stats: 220/190.8/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 8, 2014
Good morning everyone! I've never been so glad to put a Saturday in the history books. What a colossal waste of time that event was (wouldn't have been had it been even remotely necessary for me to be there...turns out I and most all other volunteers held the walls up for 8 hours). No matter, it's over now....I did have to eat an Atkins bar. "Dinner" offered to the 'help' (i.e. volunteers, not VIPs) was Target brand (Market Street) peanut butter crackers and gummy fruits.

Missed the derby though...not all that pleased about that. HRRRUMPH Ah well...onward!

May 1 - 207.2
May 2 - 206.6
May 3 - 206.2
May 4 - 206.0
GOAL FOR MAY - 199.anything! ONEderland!

Happy Sunday everyone, I hope you all have a very relaxing day!

~Candy
candypickletoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:17 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/233/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Beautiful Morning everyone!

Gained today but my tummy feels really squishy so I'm thinking I'm holding some water and will have a nice drop within the next couple of days.

Ordinarily, this gain would have triggered a day long tantrum and thoughts about is this really worth it---but I'm running differently this time. This isn't a race this time. If it takes me 2 years to lose this weight so be it!! I won't lose anything if I go back to eating the way I used to. I love what I'm eating now. I don't miss anything I used to eat! Taking MG's advice to "enjoy the journey"

May 1 297.7
May 2 297.1
May 3 296.9
May 4 297.5

MGWOW on the 3/4!!! Never in my wildest dreams could I ever imagine myself ever getting that skinny but I'm sure you never did when you were my weight either! Congrats!!

SandyThat face peel sounds intriguing. Wonder if it is safe for me to use being I have rosacea? Post some before and after pics once you do it!! Some of the brown and wrinkly pics might be fun too!

BonnyI didn't catch that pic when you had it up. Hope you plan on taking a pic you like and posting for us to see! It is so inspiring to see others reach their goal.

Hope everyone has a nice and relaxing Sunday!!

KIMBER
Kimbersh47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:08 AM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Morning All

Hi my LC Buds. LOL.

Suffering wicked leg cramps at night. I'm taking potassium, magnesium and Vit D and things were good for a while and then I started drinking coffee after work in the evenings instead of water and ugh, they started again and really bad this time. My calf muscle has been sore for 2 days now due to the last cramp.
Is it the coffee??? The more water I drink, the more the scale goes the wrong way? Is the coffee causing me to "flush" too much out of my system??
Well, I'm going to try diet coke in the evening for a week and see what happens. I understand there's some "American" pop that is made with Stevia or something like that. Does anyone know about it??

--------------------------
Apr 30.....171.3
May 1 .....170.7
May 2......169.8
May 3......169.3
May 4......169.4
Old 05-04-2014, 06:09 AM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 5'4" 178/150.6/128
WOE: modified Atkins nutritional
Start Date: April 16 2014
You all have made me smile with the different posts. I cannot begin to catch up. But I have weighed in.
May 1 166
May 2 166
May 3 165.6
May 4 165
Today is my official weigh in day weekly so for the week I am down 2 pounds. But I haven't eaten a muffin yet. I think I will try a small one with dinner. I'm making chicken and green beans for me and rice for the rest of the family. I have the next few nights off so maybe with some real sleep more weight will drop off.

I so want to fit into skinny pants as well!
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:13 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Leanne: A muffin?? Green beans??? What WOE are you following???
Old 05-04-2014, 06:21 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/233/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Bonny My husband suffers from Charlie horses of the calves and thighs. The Veterinarian I work for suggested that he drink Tonic Water to help with these. The tonic water has quinine in it and that helps to prevent the cramps--helps to relax the muscle when he's having one too! He gets the diet tonic and loves the taste---says it tastes like grapefruit juice
Kimbersh47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:28 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Leanne: A muffin?? Green beans??? What WOE are you following???
I don't know about the muffin, but I think she mentioned before about some low carb muffin she had bought. But I sometimes eat green beans and they don't hinder my weight loss. Regular beans like pinto beans, navy beans, etc definitely are off limits.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:34 AM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
Good morning everyone!!

Well, i finally weighed today...i think the last time i weighed was mid January, when i was 139. I was 138 or so in December. Today i was 141. I am not freaked out, but i am back on strict induction until i get back down to 135 or 136. So, watch this space! I have some keto strips somewhere, in the mess that was my bathroom, and it will be interesting to see if i'm in ketosis.
But i should have been weighing much earlier than now....it does keep me on track.
The good thing is that i have been on plan, just eating too much in general, and, sometimes, too many vegetables, i think. I'll document here what i'm eating and how mich, starting today.
Dq

First started Atkins April 1, 2002.
Lost 40 pounds back then and maintained for almost 8 years...then carb creep crept. I've always been low carb, but went hard core again in March 2012.
Hey! You don't have to drink all that water!
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:02 AM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbersh47 View Post
Bonny My husband suffers from Charlie horses of the calves and thighs. The Veterinarian I work for suggested that he drink Tonic Water to help with these. The tonic water has quinine in it and that helps to prevent the cramps--helps to relax the muscle when he's having one too! He gets the diet tonic and loves the taste---says it tastes like grapefruit juice
Thanks Kimber. Has he noticed any side effects?? How much or how often does he drink it?? I just read this:

The Food and Drug Administration has banned the use of quinine to treat leg cramps. Although this drug has been available for centuries, the FDA has determined that it is far too dangerous to use for anything but malaria.
The trouble is that some people are extremely sensitive to quinine's toxic effects. This drug can cause headache, rash, ringing in the ears, nausea, dizziness and blurred vision.
The most serious reactions are rare but can be life threatening. Blood disorders can lead to hemorrhaging. Dozens of hospitalizations and two deaths are linked to quinine.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:36 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy1 View Post
Bonnie...I am ordering that chemical stuff next week, it has to come from the states though so might take a couple of weeks to get here....fingers crossed it will be before your cousin comes....a couple of girls on the thread have taken pics of the brown scabby wrinkly skin before it flakes off....it is pretty horrible lol.
Okay, gonna be waiting to see those pics!!! LOL. Take a before, then a mid "crackle", then an after. Oh, I can't wait to see how it goes. Enjoying the gardening, eh?? I haven't even raked yet. Yesterday we had giant snowflakes for about 8 mins and then it just stopped. Wow, this weather has been freaky across the globe!!
Old 05-04-2014, 07:49 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
Oh RE: chemical peels
I have a good friend who owns a spa and she's given me a chemical peel -- which was nice but not life-changing. I have also had some facial filler, and -- while it's very expensive, that was worth it. I have a box of chemical peels at home-- remind self to find and use!
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:38 AM   #119
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Happy Sunday! Weight jumped up to 199 this morning. I don't think I'm going to weigh every single day, just once or twice a week. I know my weight can fluctuate terribly day to day depending on circumstances. Yesterday I was on plan so I know everything is cool.

Bonny - Coffee is a major diuretic so I would bet it's causing you the leg cramps. Do you take potassium? I have the 99 mg tablets and sometimes I have to take up to 6-7 per day. I hate those foot/leg cramps so I make sure to take the potassium. I also take magnesium before bed that helps. I go to a naturopathic doctor who muscle tests and then prescribes what I am missing.

Today is my baby's 5th birthday!!! We are having a party today. I'm making dry rub wings, roast beef, devilled eggs, and off-plan things like mac salad, mac and cheese, buff chicken dip, and italian hoagies. She's so excited! We woke up this morning and said "Mom, I'm 5 now!!!" I just her!! She's my third and I had her at age 36. She was my surprise from heaven!!!

Here are some pics of her (Erin) and me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 556287_3645579786991_1499285628_3199364_315087460_n.jpg (65.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (24.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 34966_1375856551477_1083737806_868774_5647522_n.jpg (65.4 KB, 10 views)
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:46 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

I only have a mo as I have to walk the dogs, but Gracie thank you for sharing your pics, your daughter is adorable, definitely a gift...I love other people's pics.....ahhh 5 years old, so cute, thanks for sharing....hope you have an amazing day today.