Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2014, 01:04 PM   #61
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: May 1, 2014
This thread is flying - wow! Thanks for the welcome everyone - I will try to catch up.
Portia is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2014, 01:15 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/27/2014
Today I get to leave early which is good but I am using the non kid time to do things like but tires, return equipment, etc so .... well it beats working.

I am being asked to join a group on Sunday to do the incline. Its a mile long trek up railroad ties on a mountain. Kind of a local attraction of torture. Last year I got my time just under an hour but I have not gone this year so it will not be so easy. I dont mind going, but they want to start at 4 am because they want to see the sun come up. Can you guess how many of them are guys? We shall see if I go.

Gracie514 – The problem with menues is everyone on this particular thread does not follow the exact same diet. So if you decide to try something make sure it fits your plan guidelines.

Survive
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:28 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
hello everyone! I am so happy that it's MAY!
I'm just back from San Francisco and San Diego - it was HOT in san diego -- i think it made it up to 90 one day! I was lucky enough to be in a hotel with a fantastic pool.
I was gone for almost a week and ate - very well, is all i can say! maybe a little TOO well! and too much? We;ll see when I get my bathroom back! All on plan, though -- not one stray. But i feel a little bloated...maybe it's because my feet are swollen from the redeye?

also re banana bread - unless you use davinci SF banana flavoring, i can't see how any banana bread could be considered LC. A medium banana has almost 30 grams of carbs!

First started Atkins April 1, 2002.
Lost 40 pounds back then and maintained for almost 8 years...then carb creep crept. I've always been low carb, but went hard core again in March 2012.
Hey! You don't have to drink all that water!

Last edited by DairyQueen; 05-02-2014 at 01:34 PM..
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:50 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

and - OMG Mthrgoos you look FANTASTIC!! i just was looking at the posts for the end of April!

WHOOOO for you!
Old 05-02-2014, 02:24 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
BTW, does anyone post menus? I love getting new ideas so I don't get bored.
There's a gazillion places on the boards to get recipes!!!! Just have a look around and you'll see so many places to find something new. Enjoy.
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:27 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 5'4" 178/152/133-128
WOE: modified Atkins nutritional
Start Date: April 16 2014
Not a menu but a yummy dip. One ounce of cream cheese mixed with jalapeno juice and chopped jalapenos plus a small amount of cheddar. It is great spred on ham and rolled up for pinwheel or with more juice added as a dip for pork rinds. I believe it qualifies as a fat bomb.

Flirting is a fantastic ego boost! I don't know if I could remember how.

I used to love frog legs but the tend to be quite expensive now a days.

I made oopsie pizza for dinner. If you them than toast them in a hot oiled pan they crisp up a little.

I am such a foodie..... tomorrow my muffin book arrives. But now I want to see the scale move before I eat one.
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:38 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/158.6/149
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Good Morning All

May 1st 146
May 2nd 146
May 3rd 147.6 Lol, believe it or not it made me laugh. although I have to say the whole time I hung onto the wall I was 145 lol.

The reason for the scale blip is I thought I would have a go at practising maintenance for a week, but as you can see it is not as easy as I thought it would be, but I am still going to give it a go until next weekend, but if I get to 150 I will have to stop earlier as I don't want to do to much sabotage.....but my goal weight was 140 so thought it would be fun to play around and see what happens.
Hope everyone has a great day with some good losses
Old 05-03-2014, 04:21 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/231/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Morning Everyone!

Just jumping on real quick to post my daily weigh in. Have to go into work a little earlier this morning.

May 1 297.7
May 2 297.1
May 3 296.9

Hope everyone else has some good losses today! Have a good weekend
Kimbersh47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:22 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: candypickletoes
Stats: 220/190.8/140
Start Date: April 8, 2014
LOL Sandy, I've been told that hanging on to the wall or the towel bar is a perfectly acceptable method of weighing oneself! I'm going to have to see how well that would work out for me! LOL

May 1 - 207.2
May 2 - 206.6
May 3 - 206.2
GOAL FOR MAY - 199.anything! ONEderland!
Today is the dreaded volunteer work, can't wait to be sitting here writing an update tomorrow. I don't know how many days I can afford to wish away but I'm willing to wish this one away! It's an 8 - 9 hour stint of work with dinner provided by the charity, of course it will probably not be a friendly choice so I'm packing my purse with Atkins bars....I know, not the best but better than what they may offer. Should there be something low carb I will choose that before opening up a bar.

Happy Saturday everyone! I hope you have an amazing day!

~Candy
candypickletoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:28 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Kimber....You are doing really well, congrats on the loss
Candy....Well done you will soon be in wonderland....fingers crossed your day turns out better than you think lol.....
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:28 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
May 1st....... 199.4
May 2nd...... 199.0
May 3rd...... no weigh-in

Dh was in the bathroom when I woke up and I don't weigh myself with him around. I get to spend the afternoon at a kid's party. I will try to avoid even looking at the cake. I might just bring a protein bar in case of an emergency.
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:08 AM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Happy Saturday! Headed for the last soccer game of the season for my DD today.

May goal- 4lbs and exercise 4x's a week
May 1st- 163.8
May 2nd- 162.0
May 3rd- 162,8
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:15 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
03 May

Morning All,
Off shortly with the youngest. Cadets have a fun walk/run aka fund raising event. Several of the parents have volunteered to be at water stations, act as safety on the route etc.
No geocaching today; I'll have the shakes from withdrawal later today
Check in later.....
CdnPaleoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:22 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Morning All

Sandy: It's probably time to think about maintenance. You're where I hope to be!! You're pretty much at goal already. My initial goal was 138 but I honestly don't think at my age that's realistic, so I'm okay around 145 or so. I don't think it's feasible to think I can get back to my 25 yr old weight. Maintenance is the hardest part with a lot of time spent experimenting so don't sweat a couple of pounds while you're figuring it out. It's gonna take time to find what foods work and which don't. I don't envy the challenge ahead of you although I know I will be there in a few months myself, God willing. LOL.

Bulldog & Candy I'm so afraid to use those bars, even in emergencies. I would have to consider a few cubes of cheese or maybe a sf jello cup cause I know the carbs in those bars would double on me!! LOL. I guess it's better than being hungry though.

Well, nothing new here but windy, raining weather which isn't good for my psyche so it's gonna be a blah day!! Hope you have a good scale day and nice weather where you are.

--------------------------
Apr 30.....171.3
May 1 .....170.7
May 2......169.8
May 3......169.3
Old 05-03-2014, 07:00 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Morning All

Bulldog & Candy I'm so afraid to use those bars, even in emergencies. I would have to consider a few cubes of cheese or maybe a sf jello cup cause I know the carbs in those bars would double on me!! LOL. I guess it's better than being hungry though.
You're right but when I mean an emergency, I don't mean I'm just hungry type of an emergency. If I start getting shaky, then I'll eat one. I normally would find something else to take but this party is in a park where I can't keep anything refrigerated. Beef sticks don't agree with me either. I'm going to eat an early lunch so hopefully this won't be an issue. There's another kid party tomorrow but I'm debating on whether we go.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:09 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Sandy, Bonny-Jean said it best. I think when we try something new, our bodies might initially react by an increase in water weight but it should stabilize over the next week or two. But you sound like you are being smart with things.

Kimber, nice drop! You're off to a great start!

Candy, I hope this day flies by for you! Hopefully you can find something good to eat and not have to use those bars. Bonnie-Jean is right but sometimes we just have to do the best we can in certain situations.

Shelly, Good luck to your dd! I hope you all have a great time today!

CdnPaleoGuy, It sounds like a fun event! Do they make protein bars for the geocaching shakes? LOL

Bonny-Jean, You always know just what to say. I don't think your response to Sandy could have been worded any better. Congrats on another great loss! You're going to blow off the lid of the 160s this month!
Old 05-03-2014, 07:11 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogMom View Post
You're right but when I mean an emergency, I don't mean I'm just hungry type of an emergency. If I start getting shaky, then I'll eat one. I normally would find something else to take but this party is in a park where I can't keep anything refrigerated. Beef sticks don't agree with me either. I'm going to eat an early lunch so hopefully this won't be an issue. There's another kid party tomorrow but I'm debating on whether we go.
Okay, yeah I totally agree. Getting shaky is a whole 'nother problem for sure. It happens to me too and I guess I would be taking a bar sooner than passing out or something. I thought you were talking about just having a little something something just in case kinda thing. I avoid a lot of things cause I don't know how well I'd behave but it's hard to avoid everything in life. I give you credit for being able to partake in normal life situations and stay the course. You're stronger than me. LOL.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:15 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogMom View Post
Sandy, Bonny-Jean said it best. I think when we try something new, our bodies might initially react by an increase in water weight but it should stabilize over the next week or two. But you sound like you are being smart with things.

Bonny-Jean, You always know just what to say. I don't think your response to Sandy could have been worded any better. Congrats on another great loss! You're going to blow off the lid of the 160s this month!
Wow, thank you dahlin'. That was so sweet of you to say. Thank you SO much for the pat on the back. You've made my day!!!
Old 05-03-2014, 08:12 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: candypickletoes
Stats: 220/190.8/140
Start Date: April 8, 2014
Actually, the bars/shakes don't bother me a bit, I've not had a negative reaction when eating them, I use the shakes on Saturday for lunch (not today though) because I always have a huge breakfast on Saturday (no different today but am going to skip lunch and eat just before leaving for the event) so I actually don't anticipate needing to eat one of the bars/shake but like the idea of having it nearby should I find myself saying "Oh, that one little thing wont' hurt you". I really need to have a back-up plan!

Off to get some walking in!
candypickletoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:04 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone! I had a good night's sleep after my redeye from California and a full day of working... went home, started watching Game of Thrones, and fell fast asleep.
I read that San Diego had a heat-setting record on one of the days I was there (probably the day I spent reading IN the pool) - 95! But it didn't feel that hot!

Last night i made some of my konjac noodles with a little pesto and sour cream, and that's lunch today (although I m not anywhere near hungry yet). If it is true that these "noodles" have 0 carbs and 0 calories, they are fantastic! I do two little packages at once (rinse, rinse and rinse, then pat dry with paper towels, then try to dry out even more in a frying pan... THEN add butter or pesto or sour cream and cheese. I wonder how long they'd last if I did a big batch just to keep in the fridge?

I plan to weigh tomorrow because my feet are still a little swollen -- but i think i might have lost a little weight in california! Oh my gosh, we went to one of my favorite restaurants of all time in san diego - it's called Nobu and (I usually hate chains, but this is as upscale and nice a chain of three or four restaurants as it gets - NYC, Miami, San Diego, London and Las Vegas) it is fantastic! We did the tasting menu - basically, the chef sent out about 7 different things... want to hear what I remember? I think I wrote it down somewhere -- anyway
1. a 2" cube of a white fish just barely steamed with dry miso flakes
2. samon tartar with roe on top - This comes as a light pink cylinder in its own little bown; you use a spoon to mix it into the sauce, which is a kind of wasabi sauce. this was my favorite, i think. a lot of tastes all melding together. delightful.
3. tiny rolls of greens -- with elegant white seaweed wrapping - the sauce was a version of the wonderful japanese sesame seed oil dressing.
4. yellowtail sashimi with teeny slice of jalapeno on a bed of - i think it must have been tuna skin, which i tasted and which my BF gobbled up.
5. chopped brussels sprouts (my bf and i asked for this- we are going through a serious brussels sprouts jag)
6. broiled alaskan black cod with miso OMG no THIS is my favorite, and I've had it before. I tried not to eat the miso part because it is sweet, but this was the sweetest, juiciest fish i've ever eated. I even found a recipe i can adapt, i think. You marinate the cod for something like three days in a miso mixture and the outside is black.
7. the most delicious miso soup i've ever had.
8. a tray of sushi. Can I say that I was STUFFED by now? The sushi was: toro (tuna), salmon, scallop, shrimp and that sweet egg omeletty thing but in a rectangle with the name of the restaurant stamped on top. I ate the toro, salmon and scallop and BF got the rest. I didn't eat the rice.
9. dessert. I have to admit that i dipped my spoon into the individual sized chocolate volcano cake and the green tea gelato. I had the most miniscule of tastes and have to say that they were two of the most delightful tastes I've ever had - or at least in the top 15. my BF ate the rest as well as his own! HEEEEE

Anyway, that was it. The last tiny tastes did not spur any cravings, and I think I did really really well (no i didn't eat the rice that was part of the sushi)!!!
and the best part -- it was almost all totally atkins friendly.
d

Last edited by DairyQueen; 05-03-2014 at 10:06 AM..
Old 05-03-2014, 10:30 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Bonnie...thanks for your support you are amazing and as Bulldog mom says always know the right things to say.....I agree with you on getting to low in weight, as I don't want my face to cave in and get all wrinkly lol, that is my main concern, and since losing the last ten pounds I can see a bit of difference around my mouth where I think my face has sagged a bit lol, my dh said you can only see it a bit if you are up close...so I am lathering the face cream on, and any more lines I will definitely stop, there's no point losing the weight and then looking like an old crone lol.

DQ....that was an amazing read, thanks for sharing, I felt like I was there with you, it all sounded so amazing, I love the sound of that black cod....is it the miso that makes it black...I am clueless lol....what a feast though, now I am hungry lol.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:49 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

sandy - the marinade (and I'm sorry i looked it up - so sweet!)
is a mixture of mirin, which is rice wine and which carmelizes - it's used for cooking but not for drinking), sake, a little bit of sugar, and white miso paste. So i think it has to be the mirin which turns black. hmmmm thinking of how to substitute, but maybe that's not possible....
OH yeah there was one more piece of sushi- which was yellowtail.
i am NOT getting hungry i am NOT getting hungry!!!
Old 05-03-2014, 11:54 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
Start Date: 1/27/2014
Morning all, its our one year adoption day. I am guessing we will take the boys out tonight to the restaurant of their choice.
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:27 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Sandy: You're very kind dearheart. OMG, talk about fine face wrinkles! Save yourself cause it's too late for me. I GOT 'EM!! I've lost quite a bit off my face and neck and it's showing, not just in the good way. I guess the fat was hiding the fact I'm 56! I'd still trade that for fat anyday!!

James: Enjoy your 1 year with your little yardbirds there and God bless you for giving your children a better life. Yay for you!!

Candy: You're one of the lucky ones that those bars and shakes don't effect negatively. That's a bonus for sure.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:19 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Adoption Day James....it is a beautiful thing you have done, I hope you have such a nice time tonight.

Bonny, I've seen your new pic and you look amazing....not anywhere near 56 so you are doing something right.

DQ...If I ever I eat out and see that black cod on the menu I will treat myself lol.

Bulldogmom...how did you do at the birthday party....hoping you stayed away from the yummy cake lol.

Hockeymom....Where did you get to......you are missed so come back woman.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:40 PM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Well DD's team Lost first game and then won second. Last games of the season and if DD holds true it'll be last games period. I Love watching my kids play soccer! Ate at sonic for Lunch double cb bunless. Pretty good. Dh and dd had subway. Yuck to me!
Dd has her bff over tonight to spend night so dh is grilling ribs and burgers
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:47 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Shelly ribs and burgers, that sounds lovely, I will be right over.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:48 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Seriously I need to take some new pics....in my signature pic I look chinky eyed and a bit haggard lol....goal for this week to take a new pic.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:13 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Funny! New pics... good idea!! I didn't like my new one either, my face looks so red and there's a shadow behind my head making it look bigger but then again, we are more critical of our own pictures then the way others see us. Can't wait to your thinner self.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:16 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

I wondered where your new pic had gone, I didn't see the shadow behind you or anything red on your face lol....you looked amazing and skinny...you are right we are so critical of ourselves....I might photoshop my next picture lol, make myself look thirty, I am really good at adobe lol.