Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2014, 07:28 AM   #691
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Good morning! Not much on the weight front today as I'm not weighing until Friday. Still working on the weekend bloat.

MG ~ Love the pic of your dogs swimming! Mine swims at the lake all day long. He chases sticks and ducks

Hockeymum ~ Moon isn't far from me, maybe 20 minutes. We've played youth football against them. It's a very nice area.

TCircle! I only weigh when I feel it won't ruin my day Though, daily weighing probably would keep me better in check.

Hi Bonny!!!

PrincessMommy ~ Wonder what the heck is going on with your body??? SHEESH I'm pissed for you! Maybe try an all meat or egg day to shock your body???

Candy ~ Congrats on Onederland!!!

Leanne ~ You have grandbabies? You look so young in your pic! I agree about the to go bags at restaurants. If I just let my food sit there I end up eventually finishing it!

Sandy ~ Good morning!

Hope I didn't forget anyone
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2014, 07:49 AM   #692
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/27/2014
So my wife was all high and mighty because she was at the gym all day due to hair dressers dont do Mondays. She called and told me the outdoors pools were open and it was sunny and the water was awesome and I was at work. When I found her last night at the gym I thought maybe she might be a lobster. She forgot what virgin skin does when exposed to hours of sunlight. That will learn her.

My leg workout was real strong which was unexpected. I am hoping my other two weight workouts will be as strong. It wont be too long before I might actually look like I belong in that part of the gym.

Today's plan, eat what I planned on eating when I planned on eating it. Weight workout tonight, Cardio if I can squeeze the energy out.

Survive
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:58 AM   #693
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMum View Post
Bonny Jean, the night you had the hunger pangs and didn't cave and eat chips? I ate them for you. Three days of working my butt off at the cottage fixing our dock which got banged up by the ice (first time ever) and I consoled myself with wine, which led to sour cream and onion chips.... back on track today though. thank you for the Almond/Coconut milk suggestion. I love it and had the vanilla version in my tea this morning. 0 carbs and Yumm!
Oh, sorry to hear that but honestly ... if I looked as good as you, I would be allowing myself the ODD indulgence. No worries my dear!! I guess the sugar in the wine IS the "gateway drug!!"
I'm hooked on the straight 100% Silk Coconut now, no going back to anything Almond!! Glad you like it. Did you see all the vitties and minerals. Wow, that's some "good for ya" stuff there!!
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:03 AM   #694
Major LCF Poster!

Right back at ya, Gracie!!

James: Congrats on your endurance and determination with your exercise.
Guys really seem to get into the exercise more than a lot of women?? Wonder why that is?? I'm just generalizing of course but there is some truth in that.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:26 AM   #695
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/147.3/140's
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Candy...wonderland, I am so happy for you, I am sure it will stick.

Hockeymom yes I made my coffee as soon as I saw your name lol, you are right you should all refer to me now as Dr Sandy....ugh though never again it was awful.

Bonnie...So happy for you that your weather is changing just in time for your cousin, I am sure you said it was on a Thursday she was coming, weird how some things stick in your mind but I can't remember what I wore yesterday lol.

James, I am really glad your summer is warming up as well, here we have rain, crazy weather, and yesterday it was 71 degrees and shorts and t shirts here.

Gracie I loved looking at your pics of you and the kids at the lake, thanks for sharing them.

Leanne, Blackened chicken sounds lovely, you are doing incredible with your losses.

Shelly..I would try meat eggs and cheese as someone else said, you are doing amazing hanging in there though when so many other people would have just given up, you are still trying, I think you are amazing.

Mthrgoos.....loved the pics of your babies, did one of them have a life jacket on lol, I could have sworn I saw some orange or red around one of them....cute that they were all carrying their balls (bouncing balls I mean lol)

Bulldogmom...let us know how you get on at the doctors office, fingers are crossed for you that all is well, I guess you might have to wait for blood results or something....I hate having to wait for things like that, good luck anyway.

Nikki, well done on getting to goal this month.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:23 AM   #696
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HockeyMum
Stats: 139/128/118
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
Gracie, my DD is going on a hockey scholarship to Robert Morris, is that the school you guys play against? Small world. That's us outside the hockey rink in my photo. She's in a full leg brace because she had 4 hours of knee surgery last year, which she was still recovering from at the time. It seemed like a lovely area, so thanks for confirming if. Now if my son could get drafted to Pittsburgh I'd be all set for the next few years....they'd be 5 hours away but 20 minutes apart.

Can't remember who posted the photo of the bear opening the garbage can container, but that made my day. I've saved it to show my husband. We aren't far enough north to get bears (or blackflies thank God) but you never know!

Bonny-Jean, you made me laugh out loud with the "gateway drug" comment. It's true. A couple of glasses of wine and chocolate and chips start looking reaalllly good.
HockeyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:30 AM   #697

Quote:
Gracie, my DD is going on a hockey scholarship to Robert Morris, is that the school you guys play against? Small world. That's us outside the hockey rink in my photo. She's in a full leg brace because she had 4 hours of knee surgery last year, which she was still recovering from at the time. It seemed like a lovely area, so thanks for confirming if. Now if my son could get drafted to Pittsburgh I'd be all set for the next few years....they'd be 5 hours away but 20 minutes apart.

Can't remember who posted the photo of the bear opening the garbage can container, but that made my day. I've saved it to show my husband. We aren't far enough north to get bears (or blackflies thank God) but you never know!

Bonny-Jean, you made me laugh out loud with the "gateway drug" comment. It's true. A couple of glasses of wine and chocolate and chips start looking reaalllly good.
I have friends that went to Robert Morris! There's a campus in downtown Pittsburgh and one in Moon. She will love the Moon area - very nice! What sport does your son play? We are CRAZY about our sports teams here. Funny story ~ when my son was 7 years old he was in the semi-championship round for football. Two nights before the game he had to have emergency appendectomy done. My son AND his father ask the doctor if he can still play the following day??? LOL My son is/was the QB and the team did end up losing. But, really??? The doctor said "I don't know what's wrong with you Pittsburgh people and sports"
Old 05-20-2014, 09:36 AM   #698

Ok, one more pic of me and my baby Erin this morning. My other two are still in Maryland and I miss them. The other pic is of our dock at the lake. My DH is on the boat and son is bending down on his kayak. You can Erin and Gordon too. Please tell me if I'm posting too many pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg get-attachment (1).jpg (23.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg get-attachment (2).jpg (36.8 KB, 11 views)
Old 05-20-2014, 09:37 AM   #699

Sorry, here's the one of me and Erin this morning
Attached Images
File Type: jpg get-attachment (1).jpg (26.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 05-20-2014, 09:57 AM   #700
Major LCF Poster!

You can never post to many pics in my opinion lol, I adore other people's pics and keep meaning to get my camera out as well lol.....I loved all of them, now if I only had a little place by the lake, it must be lovely, but I do have the beach though, ok now I feel better lol, I was just about to go into sulk mode....Erin is such a cutie, thanks for sharing Gracie.
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:58 AM   #701
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy1 View Post
Bonnie...So happy for you that your weather is changing just in time for your cousin, I am sure you said it was on a Thursday she was coming, weird how some things stick in your mind but I can't remember what I wore yesterday lol.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:02 AM   #702
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well, I swear there has to be something to that!!!!
It's like one little taste of sugar and we go MAD and start shoveling in all those killer carbs!!!

I think it was Gracie with the bear!!!
Old 05-20-2014, 10:05 AM   #703
Major LCF Poster!

SANDY:

Am I gonna have to mail you a fishing rod or what???
Old 05-20-2014, 10:19 AM   #704
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
DQ, Have fun in Orlanda...if its possible while watching urology videos. LOL

MtherGoos, I have visions of you riding a rhinoceros. LOL Interesting thing about the drinking. I figured the more you drank, the less you would retain.

Candy, Congrats on making it to onederland! Sorry about your son!

Bonny-Jean, Congrats on a new low! You're doing amazing!

tcircle, Welcome! Always glad to see new people! I weigh everyday because my weight starts creeping up if I don't.

Hockeymum, You'll get that extra water weight off and be fine!

Nikki, You made this month's goal! WTG!

Congrats to all of the other losers! I got all kinds of blood work done so we'll know in a few days (I think) what is going on.
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:32 AM   #705
Major LCF Poster!

Gracie, I love the pics! I don't think you can post too many.

James, Your posts make me smile. I love that subtle sense of humor. LOL

Thanks everybody for the good thoughts today. Hopefully I'll find out in a few days. There's a few possibilities for my issues so I'm being tested for a lot of things. As far as the c-reactive protein, the dr was happy to add that to the list too. I feel like if you're going to take a little blood for one thing, you might as well take a little extra and test for everything. But the dr said it could be that the hysterectomy caused early menopause or my thyroid or my pcos is really causing my body to be out of whack. I feel like its the pcos, but hoping its thyroid. My dr can treat my thyroid easily while its going to be a pain to get treated for my pcos. My dr is a family dr and doesn't specialize in female hormones and my gyn doesn't treat for that unless I'm trying to get pregnant. I'll probably end up at an endo dr at some point. I just don't want to end up bald, fatter and cold.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:23 AM   #706
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
152.2 this morning!!!!! So excited!! I definitely think the massive amounts I was drinking were causing the extreme jump ups I was having. I think it was just more than my body could process. Whatever it was, I'll take it and be thankful for it! So excited, only 2 pounds from goal!

Sandy, yes, the puppy has to wear a life jacket! He LOVES to swim, but he's solid muscle. I mean, SOLID, no fat on his body. So it's extremely hard for him to swim. Plus, his back legs are so muscular that they don't bend properly. When he lays on his side, his legs stick up in the air a little rather than lying on the ground, and when he runs, it's so funny to watch him from behind, because his legs just don't bend much. So we can let him enjoy the day, without having to worry about him, when we put his lifejacket on. He's so stinking cute! The other 2 are also pitties, but they're older so they've definitely got more fat on their bodies!

BulldogMom, keeping you in my prayers.

Bonny, nice drop today! You really are having a good month!!

Gracie, love all the pics! Sounds like you have an amazing summer planned!

James, I probably missed it, but what are you eating? I know you had talked about adding more carbs in, and I just wondered how that was working?

tcircle, Great to have you join us!

Candi, Way to go on hitting Onederland!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!!
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:10 PM   #707

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Well, I swear there has to be something to that!!!!
It's like one little taste of sugar and we go MAD and start shoveling in all those killer carbs!!!

I think it was Gracie with the bear!!!

Old 05-20-2014, 12:11 PM   #708

Wow MotherGoos!!! You amaze me!
Old 05-20-2014, 12:30 PM   #709
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Gracie! I was surprised, but so very excited and thankful!!!
Old 05-20-2014, 01:25 PM   #710
Major LCF Poster!

MtherGoos, Wow! You've done awesome! I can even begin to imagine being that close to goal. But you are proof it can be done if we work hard.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:42 PM   #711
Major LCF Poster!

Oh my gosh Bonnie...I totally don't understand how I have missed your weight loss....that is twice Mthrgoos has mentioned it and this second time I went back to check to see what you weight was.....and OMG you are 166....and I missed it lol.....I feel pretty awful that I totally missed that.....so just for you as I don't do emoticons hardly at all.....

And here is a big hug for you
Old 05-20-2014, 01:46 PM   #712
Major LCF Poster!

Bulldogmom....so glad you appointment went well, it sounds like you have a good doctor that listened to you and is doing lots of testing on your blood....isn't it amazing what they can test for these days....anyway I am so happy you are being sorted out, any idea how long it might be before you get any answers.

Mthrgoos.....Whoop whoop we are nearly the same weight and I am feeling amazing, I really should post some new pics if I can ever get around to getting my camera out.......I was so happy that cutting the drinks out had an effect, you are an inspiration in how you have just kept plodding along never really tweaking and never giving in, you have touched so many lives by what you have done.
That is so cute that your puppy has to wear a life vest lol, I totally love it.

Last edited by Sandy1; 05-20-2014 at 01:47 PM..
Old 05-20-2014, 02:11 PM   #713
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Sandy! Trust me, it's all of you here that inspire me to keep going!

Thank you BulldogMom! I agree with Sandy, it's sometimes hard to find a Dr. that will actually listen to you and I'm so glad that you have!
Old 05-20-2014, 02:36 PM   #714
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bonny, I keep forgetting to tell you, and you probably don't even need the info any more, BUT I take 1200mg of Potassium every day and 800mg of Magnesium every day. I was taking a little less potassium, but my latest blood work showed my potassium was just a smidge low, so I increased it just a little.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:29 PM   #715
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Bonny, I keep forgetting to tell you, and you probably don't even need the info any more, BUT I take 1200mg of Potassium every day and 800mg of Magnesium every day.
WHAT!!!! Holy Frito-Lay!!! omg, how many pills is that??
Lord, no wonder you don't eat much!! btw: so happy for you for yet another serious drop!! Man, you really rock this woe!!! You're changing so many lives just doing what you do!!

BulldogMom, Sandy (Post #703!!) and Mthergoos.... you ladies are incredibly generous with your compliments but seriously 3.1 lbs in 3 weeks is no screaming hell but again thank you so much for the encouragement!!
You're TOO kind!!

Last edited by Bonny-Jean; 05-20-2014 at 03:37 PM..
Old 05-20-2014, 03:38 PM   #716
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Thanks Bonny and Sandy! *Hugs!*
tried Really hard today! Had a fat bomb for breakfast with Coffee
lunch was liver Lol! Breaded But I pulled all the breading off. We were at the voting place so it was either get that from the store Or chicken and last time I had chicken from there I got sick
trying to Up my water!
Supper- Roasted chicken with Mayo wrapped in a lettuce leaf
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:41 PM   #717
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL! Thank you Bonny! It's not as many as it sounds like! It's just 2 Magnesium pills and 4 potassium pills. Seems to keep the leg cramps at bay about 99% of the time. Of course, now that I'm not downing 2+ gallons of liquid each day, I may not need quite so much.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:33 PM   #718
Major LCF Poster!

I'm gonna have to try a different store cause I'm pretty sure I got the largest amount of mg's I could find. Thanks for letting me know.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:41 PM   #719

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
just checking in. weight loss for week two of induction .8 Think it is too much sweet n low. I know I need to give it up.

Potassium question: I need to not watch Dr. Oz. lo l. I also read that too much magnesium and too much potassium can cause heart problems. How does one know how much is too much. Cant afford to have any labs run....
vessel of prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:42 PM   #720
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/27/2014
OK not happy with the leg workout. It jacks up all my other workouts for the week. Cant run, cant ride. Next week going to nix that one so I can do other things.

Sandy – Funy you mention warm weather. Word on the street is a LOT of rain from now until Monday or Tuesday next week. Pool plans foiled once again and my daughter will be in town again. Funny how much I get to see her now that her mama can’t get in the way.

Bonny-Jean – I like working out because I like the way it feels to be in shape, or where I am currently. I feel less stress when I get to punish my body.

Mther – Basically my carbs are mainly veggies and brown rice. I am still playing with the levels but it seems to be OK.
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote