Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2014, 08:37 AM   #601
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Bonny-Jean, I would think its the potassium you need more of.

This is just me thinking with no real scientific proof to back me up. But you talk about your unexplained increase in hunger plus the hard time you had last week in getting rid of that one pound. It made me wonder if your body had hit a set point and its fighting to keep your weight stabilized at that point? I think this will pass and be short lived. I've been doing a lot of reading lately that's all over the place and it makes me wonder if its all connected.
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2014, 10:30 AM   #602
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/27/2014
Jumped on the scale this morning and found I am up 2 pounds but exactly the same body fat. This week I only ate what was planned and I dropped cardio during weight days because I was having problems getting my legs to recover. I have a multi action plan in place to see if I get different results.

1. Make a breakfast burrito my way, the wife bought things that I fell ended up a little too carby and fat.
2. There is a supplement that aids in recovery that I am going to try
3. Add my Cardio back into my weight training program this week.

I did actually almost stay in pace with the instructor during spin which was huge. I am short so getting that bike up to 140 RPM's and holding it is damn near impossible for me but you cant say I dont try.

BulldogMom - I have lessened my posts. Several times I get flagged for something or other and its for things that I dont believe is "against" the terms of service and I could go in argue mode but I choose to just not deal with it. Ill just leave it at that, and I will probably get my post deleted.

Survive
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:32 AM   #603
Senior LCF Member

Oh I forgot, making a lentil and ham hock type soup tonight that I think will rock after a short 8 hours or so of cooking AND I am going to Lamar once again to see my daughter graduate, even though she has been in college for a week now. Hopefully my hole in the wall resturante will be open and I can get some proper Carne Adobada
Old 05-17-2014, 11:49 AM   #604
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiggy
Stats: 84.6kg/76.8kg/60kg
Start Date: 3 March 2013
Omg, twice in one day!

Thank you so much Sandy, but I don't think I require a book! I'm not that interesting!!! I think I read too much and like to share what I find!!!

I'm sure there is not a grove in your face Bonny, some people are just resistant to the sun and smoking and I bet its tied to your veggie allergy

As for your cramps - according to Atkins, you need extra salt. Go for the himalayan one as it has loads of trace elements. Also take extra potassium and magnesium, both are involved with cramps.

Your increase in hunger could be because you are not eating enough. Atkins considered 1000cals a fast - 700 is starvation. Your tummy is telling you it wants more!!!

Bulldog, yes most definitely, if you've been anemic in the past, definitely check it out as it has a dramatic impact on your hair. Keep in mind docs don't consider it a problem until your ferritin is through the floor so get a copy of your results to see yourself as below 75 in women will stoo hair growth and lead to thinning and eventually baldness. If you need to supplement, go for thr liquid iron sachets which are better absorbed, plus make sure you take B12 plus B complex as the B12 is needed to absorb the iron.

Candy you are soooo right. Many of them are complete and utter shambles. I had one eminent distinguished professor of endo (his accolades) tell me that my doubling of tsh and halving of my ft4 were abaolutely normal and i was just fat (was 84kg)! He completely ignored all my hypo symptoms which were getting progressively worse pls ignored lupus symptoms, etc! I had someone else tell me i had the best blood results he had ever seen yet was severely anemic, severely deficient in b6 and b12 (to the point of needing weekly injections), d and calcium!

I totally agree, you cannot trust many of them. Considering how much some of them cover in school, is it any wonder they only know the sheer basics? Bring on self research and pushing for them to listen properly!

Anyway, back to cleaning... Spent the afternoon outside, chatting in the sun. Unfortunately, has been a bad lc day as consumed three jamaican beef patties because i am menstrual and feeling sorry for myself

Baddabing, do they not know who you are??? Seriously, are you recruiting terrorists or someing here? Not fair that they are stopping you posting. ex law enforcement should be getting a free pass!
Tiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 12:04 PM   #605
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
James, we miss you when you don't post! Enjoy your daughter's graduation, I went to my daughters a week ago and it was AWESOME!

Bonny, I would agree that it's potassium you may need more of. And Tiggy is right too, possibly sodium. We flush out our bodies eating this way, and our electrolytes can get off balance, and we sometimes need to add in more salt, potassium, and magnesium. I take 1050 mg of magnesium every day and 4 potassium every day (I can't remember how many mg they are). Once in a while I still get leg cramps, but not too often.

I walked 2 miles last night....SLOWLY! As you may remember, the last time I tried exercising, my weight loss came to a screeching halt. I'm hoping that by just SLOWLY walking it won't cause my weight loss to stall, or if it does, I'm hoping I won't care. We'll see what happens.
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 12:47 PM   #606
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/158.6/149
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
James it hasn't been the same without you, I thought you were just busy with training etc....I hope you start posting more....have fun at your daughters graduation as well.

Bonnie, how is your patio set going and arbour, are they all set up, did you decide what plants to use.

Tiggy, I had to get my book out again lol, what you said about iron levels was really true, my doctor told me last year I was anaemic but just said to increase beef spinach etc, I wonder sometimes if my laziness is to do with low iron, so have thought now and again of taking a supplement.....anyway now I am going to find out what my levels were and take some B12 which I have been meaning to buy for a while, as my blood results showed my level of B12 to be really low......really cool post...
Old 05-17-2014, 01:20 PM   #607
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiggy
Stats: 84.6kg/76.8kg/60kg
Start Date: 3 March 2013
My cleaning is not going well...

Just quickly, one of the best books I've read about supplements and realistic iu's that are neded was in Atkin's book called Your Complete Guide to Natural Health. It goes into such depth about specific nutrients and how its used for various conditions. I think its a great companion to the Diet Revolution. It has certainly helped me with my adrenals and thyroid. I got mine off Amazon along with the DAR copy.

Have a great Saturday night everyone! Am going to try and actually clean the kitchen now... Wish me great luck as I really have no ambition to get this done...
Tiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:04 PM   #608
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Thanks Mthergoos, BulldogMom and Tiggy for the vitamin information. Looks like my dose is pretty low compared to you guys!! I take 1000 ui of Vit D, 100 mg Potassium and 420 mg Magnesium Oxide. Do I have to double the mag and pot??? Eeekk, seems like a lot???

Mthergoos: If a leisurely walk isn't enough work to make us lose weight than certainly it can't work the other way... right??? Enjoy your walk!!

Sandy: We got the patio dining furniture all assembled and the arbor as well but it wasn't always pretty. My ds's gf disappeared half way thru but no surprise!! The surprise was her coming out AT ALL!!! We'll do the free standing umbrella tomorrow morning but things just don't look as nice and pretty as I imagined?? Maybe when the big umbrella gets set up it might help. It's like something's missing?? Oh, I know.... I need to put some large, potted plants out there! Yeah, that's it!!!
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:12 PM   #609
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bonny, your patio sounds lovely! It's already 107 here, but I still like to sit out on our patio every night for dinner. I'm not sure if the walk will really do anything, but I hate just sit around on big behind after dinner every night. I feel better when I do something! LOL
Old 05-17-2014, 03:00 PM   #610
Major LCF Poster!

Bonnie that sounds lovely, yes you need some nice big potted plants, and even a small pot of annuals on your patio table looks nice, I love getting idea's out of magazines as well on different things to put on the patio....mine is a total muddled mess at the moment as it covered in small pots filled with seedlings of everything, I got into seeds a couple of months ago, I think I was bored and the weather was bad, but now I have to many lol, I am hoping for a bored week this week to just sort everything out, I also have to dig another flower bed as dh is to busy.....have a fun day tomorrow making it all look lovely, and the umbrella will help bring it all together a bit more.....your arbour will look amazing when it has flowers all over it, summer is lovely for playing outside.....have you had your roof down on your convertible yet, what a fun summer you are going to have....I would love a pic of your car with the roof down, I think I only saw it with the roof up....pics are needed lol.

Mthrgoos...107 oh my....I can only dream lol.

Last edited by Sandy1; 05-17-2014 at 03:02 PM..
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:21 PM   #611
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks about the patio girls!
Just picked up 3 large blue'ish pots for the back deck. We have a new little baby bunny (wild) and I swear he's no bigger than a softball! He just stood there and watched me place the pots. Even the adults will freeze when you go outside like I can't see them if they don't move! Too funny.
Sandy, today is the only the second day I've been driving around with the top down. Last weekend was nice and I had to pick up the patio set and umbrella and managed SOMEHOW to get them into the car. Then Monday it was raining and I barely got that arbor into the car!! Took the kids out for supper for helping me. Wow, their burgers looked delicious. I had bacon & eggs. Meh.

Mthergoos: I would die in that temperature!
I was going to tell you how beautiful it was here cause it's a whopping 69F!!
Old 05-17-2014, 04:23 PM   #612
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Bonny, I would agree that it's potassium you may need more of.
Well of course, it's the only one the size of a horse pill! They're HUGE!!!
Old 05-17-2014, 04:24 PM   #613
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Well of course, it's the only one the size of a horse pill! They're HUGE!!!
LOL Mine are too! I take one in the afternoon and one in the morning to split it up.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:34 PM   #614
Senior LCF Member

OK so today is by far chore day. Cooking up a storm, laundry churning, cleaning getting done between. Basically no fun today so far. I did get a few movies to watch tonight. Then it’s the road trip tomorrow. My son confirmed he will be free for a meal after the ceremony which is good. Haven’t really seen him in about a year.

Anyone have a tip on cooking massive amounts of eggs at the same time and not getting them stuck in the pan?

Also found a BCAA supplement which I hope will aid in recovery time. I thought it was tasteless so I could just add it to my protein shake but turns out it is grape! O well it tasted good so I guess I will go that route. Maybe we could make the flavor of something a little bigger than we do on out products……….

I guess my old Marine Corps Base in California is burning down. That place is vast barely populated fields of things that burn easy. I have no idea how they will be able to get that out. I suspect the marines there are getting a quick training in fighting fires and getting to work on it.

Anyway, hope all have a good weekend. I may stop in later tonight. Chow

James
Old 05-17-2014, 04:55 PM   #615
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 5'4" 178/152/133-128
WOE: modified Atkins nutritional
Start Date: April 16 2014
May 1 166
May 2 166
May 3 165.6
May 4 165
May 5 164.6
May 6 164
May 7 163
May 8 163
May 9 162.6
May 10 162.2
May 11 162
May 12 162
May 13 162
May 14 162
May 15 160
May 16 160
May 17 159.4. But will it stick????

I have been trying to keep up on the supplement talk and might try a few other than the multi I take.

I am also dreaming of porches and new furniture!

Candy you are so close and you are doing so well. 20 pounds!!!!! I am looking to have a mini celebration at my 25 pound mark. But in retrospect we should have some kind of reward for ever 1 to 5 pounds.....

Thanks for the comments about my picture I got a new editor that helps smudge away a few years.lol

I won't get any sleep tomorrow after work so I am going to nap now before I go in. On a good note I have the next few nights off and that is when I tend to eat more and sleep normal and drop weight. Here's to hoping!
Leanne21071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:45 PM   #616
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
LOL Mine are too! I take one in the afternoon and one in the morning to split it up.
So how many mg's are you getting in a day then?

Congrats Leanne! I hope it sticks for you too!!
Old 05-17-2014, 08:16 PM   #617
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lorij1984
Stats: 240/210/150
I know peanuts are not ok on induction...but if I happen to have eaten a handful...how bad would that be? anybody experimented w/ peanuts?
lorij1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:56 AM   #618
Major LCF Poster!

May 1st 146
May 2nd 146
May 3rd 147.6
May 4th 146.8
May 5th 147.6
May 6th 147.6
May 7th 147.6
May 8th 148
May 9th 147.6
May 10th 149.8 I found garlic bread lol
May 11th 150.4 I found Pizza
May 12th Back on track
May 13th Crazy morning DNW
May 14th 148.8
May 15th 147.8
May 16th 147.8
May 18th 149.6

Leanne...whoop whoop you are in the 50's well done, you must feel so happy.

Bonnie....ahh you have bunnies, you are so lucky, I saw a couple in Canada, only twice during the winter but it was awesome, I think they were grey which is why I saw them against the white snow, I would love some in my garden....two weeks ago I saw a fox twice in my garden, I do miss all your lovely creatures, we get no chipmunks, racoons or anything....glad you are getting your roof down it feels amazing doesn't it, have fun playing in your garden.

Lorij.....I had nuts over a week ago and the scale went up but then it went back down again two days later.

James...I can ever only manage to cook four eggs at a time, you might need four frying pans lol.....I hate those no fun days, but it sounds like you are going to have fun today, hope you have a good time with your son.

Tiggy I am going to look for that book this week, we have the most amazing old book store in our town, I got lost in there a few months ago, its a bit creepy but I don't think there is a book he doesn't have.....I love having a quest so that is mine next week.....hope you got your kitchen clean.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:35 AM   #619
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: vessel of prayer
Stats: 210/200/140
WOE: low carb/atkins 72
Start Date: April 25 2014 again
silly question: does everyone get muscle cramps in their legs? I have not had any this time around. glory, but still, am I doing something wrong? just wondering. also I have too much time on my hands. lol. My grandson is still asleep so was going through the threads while I have the chance. I haven't read all of them, so Sandy, how is your daughter doing? Is her arm healing ok? Bulldogmom.. ya, cheese sometimes for me but it is mostly bacon. it is a shame too cause I love bacon.
To all: still waiting on my atkins 72 book to come in. Amazon is taking their time. Well the person who is mailing it is..
waving hello to all.

vessel of prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 05:09 AM   #620
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
May 1st....... 199.4
May 2nd...... 199.0
May 3rd...... no weigh-in
May 4th...... 198.6
May 5th...... 197.2
May 6th...... 196.4
May 7th...... 196.4
May 8th...... 196.0
May 9th...... 196.4
May 10th.... 196.2
May 11th.... 196.6
May 12th.... 196.4
May 13th.... 196.2
May 14th.... 195.4
May 15th.... 194.8
May 16th.... 195.4
May 17th.... 195.4
May 18th.... 194.8

Anytime that I can end a weekend skinnier than I started it, is a good thing.
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 05:24 AM   #621
Major LCF Poster!

Sheila....Bonnyjean knows everything to do with muscle cramps, I think she still gets them, waving at you Bonnie lol, but she is the best one to ask, yes my daughter is doing ok now, using antiseptic etc and so far all is well, hope you get your book soon.

Bulldogmom, whoop whoop you are going down down down, how are the eyelashes and the hair, hope things have slowed down in that department for you.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:38 AM   #622
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/231/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014
[May 1 - 297.7
May 2 - 297.1
May 3 - 296.9
May 4 - 297.5
May 5 - 296.6
May 6 - 295.7
May 7 - 295.1
May 8 - 293.6
May 9 - 291.6
May 10 - 291.4
May 11 - 291.2
May 14 - 290.5
May 15 - 290.2
May 16 - 289.5
May 17 - 290.1
May 18 - 289.7

Busy day yesterday so didn't get a chance to post. I went to a wedding yesterday and refused to eat ANY of the carb-rich foods offered there. They did have a really nice seafood salad so I was able to have something that they offered. I did have some egg salad in my car just in case there wasn't anything for me though. I am not going to let special occasions get in my way anymore! I am NOT going to use them as an excuse to indulge in things that aren't good for me anyways. My plan is to always have something on hand that I can eat no matter where I am. They had a dessert table and I went and looked at it (it was so beautifully arranged) but honestly, I wasn't even the least bit tempted!! I am slowly getting the mindset that those things aren't really food (for me) at all. They are poison to my body. They are like a drug for me. My hubby is an ex-smoker and he says to me all the time that he is only 1 cigarette away from being a smoker again. I say that I am 1 piece of bread away from being out of control of my hunger. I have nibbled in my past attempts with this WOE. It is a slippery slope for me. If I make 1 allowance and "get away with it" you can be sure that there are more to follow until finally, I am back to the same out of control eating that I came from.

Thanks to everyone here who comes on a regular basis to share your journey and encourage others on theirs. I look forward to reading everyone's posts every morning.

KIMBER
SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
Kimbersh47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 05:55 AM   #623
Major LCF Poster!

Morning All

Rain forecast for today so don't know if we'll finish our deck projects.

Sandy: I love my bunnies and even feed them alfalfa, pellets and bird seed (their favourite) and I probably shouldn't but trust me when I say you DO NOT want bunnies in your garden! Cute to see but they will destroy and eat all your plants!! A nice garden, even flower is like a smorgasbord to them!!!

Lori: No peanuts on Induction or peanut butter... sorry! Bottom line is anything you eat which is not on the allowable foods may show a gain. If you can live with that, then no harm I guess. I personally love pb but have a hard enough time losing even when trying to be very strict with myself.

Sheila: I suffer from these on and off and lately it's been bad for the last few nights. I got 3 last night and up at 5 cause I couldn't take it anymore. The consensus seems to be to up my potassium. I take 100 mg's now but will up to 200 and hopefully that helps.

James: What about baking all those eggs? Can't see why that wouldn't work but maybe throw a few in a baking or corningware dish and see what happens???

BulldogMom: Congrats on your drop there girl!! Yay for you!! I see you have a scale that sticks just like mine!! LOL. Happy for you!

-------------------------------------------------------------
May 1 .....170.7
May 7......168.9
May 14....169.2
May 15....167.8
May 16....167.9
May 17....167.8
May 18....167.5..... z-z-z-z-z
Old 05-18-2014, 06:34 AM   #624
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
Morning everyone!!!

And Congrats candy!

5/5 141
5/6 143
5/7 142.5
5/9 142.5
5/10 143
5/12 142.75
5/13. 145.25. Wow!
5/14 144.80
5/15. 143.75
5/16. 142.75
5/17 143.5
5/18. 142.75
Old 05-18-2014, 06:45 AM   #625
Major LCF Poster!

Kimber: Firstly, congrats on your loss!!
You have an excellent attitude and that can be our saving grace sometimes. It really is a mindset thing! Congrats on getting thru the wedding and having a back up plan. I don't think our previous woe is any different than any other "addiction" be it nicotine and/or alcohol. I'm very happy you're wrapping your thinking around this for the long term. Congrats to you and I wish you nothing but success with this!
Old 05-18-2014, 08:34 AM   #626
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/131/120
WOE: Low-carb Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
May goal: to lose 6 pounds

5/5: 136.0
5/6: 135.2
5/9: 134.6
5/10: 136.4
5/11: 135.4
5/12: 135.4
5/13: 137.4
5/14: 131.2
5/15: 131.8
5/16: 130.0
5/18: 131.2

Rats! Bounced back up! I'm not worried though; I have more than a week to lose it again. Today is a high protein day and then the next couple of days are going to be DownDays, so I am hoping I will be in the 120's by the end of this week. I have had to adjust my IF rotations to accommodate my plasma donations, which means adding a high protein Medium Day (the day before each donation) and then two DownDays is a row mid-week to compensate. It seems to be working.

So excited that in just a few weeks I am going to be back in the gym and no longer concentrating on weight loss, but will instead be focusing on physical fitness goals. I would start sooner but I am just wayyyy too busy until school gets out in mid-June.

nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:44 AM   #627
Major LCF Poster!

Nikki: you will meet your goal easy breezy, 5 or 6 lbs in less than 3 wks is pretty amazing!! Plus you're only 10 lbs from goal so you're doing excellent!! Had you started in Sept. when I did, I'm pretty sure I'd be in your dust by now!!
Congrats.

Last edited by Bonny-Jean; 05-18-2014 at 08:47 AM..
Old 05-18-2014, 12:20 PM   #628
Major LCF Poster!

Bonny, I love that you love your bunnies lol, I remember my sister in law in Niagara had some in her garden she went to a lot of lengths to get rid of them, since moving into this house last year we have millions of slugs, I say millions as we are out every evening at 10pm and again at 11pm catching them, we manage to catch about 20 to 30 every night, dh checks again around 6am ish and finds a few more then, I can't imagine how many we must have gotten rid of last summer and so far this spring, but my plants and seedlings are slowly disappearing since moving in....anyway its an ongoing battle, someone told me today to try beer in saucers so will have a go at that next weekend....we tried seaweed last year around the plants but it didn't bother them a bit.....ok I am rambling on about my slugs to much lol....I wrote more but deleted it, I could fill a whole page up about me and my battle with slugs lol.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:13 PM   #629
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Morning!
Didn't weigh this morning.. Again lol Today is my DH and my 24th wedding anniversary! So I got up and forgot to weigh Lol. Had no breakfast but had tuna with salt/vinager pork rines for lunch. Dh is grilling steaks for supper!
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:25 PM   #630
Major LCF Poster!

Sandy: I've seen one slug in my entire life. LOL. Gross little buggers. Cause it was only one I got him with salt, then felt bad after. LOL. I used to use dried, crushed eggs shells (FREE) and just sprinkle it around the base of plants or if you can find some diatomaceous earth, (nursery/garden center)
that will work too.

Shelly: Congrats on your wedding anniversary. 24 years is something to be very happy and proud about. All the best!