Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 12:59 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/27/2014
You ever go to work and before you know it its 1pm and you have gotten nothing done and think it’s still morning? That happened.

My goals are simple only because its all too new for me to know what to expect.
1. Stay in 32-34 inch pants or less
2. Be able to crack a walnut with my bicep.

KWAY2B185 – Congrats on the fostering. I am going to assume since you are bringing in court issues that this is a family member of some sort. Get ready to have all your life examined hard and in public by people you won’t like. We did foster care for at least 7 years specializing in medically fragile children / babies. I could post a pic of twin infants we had for over a year that would make you want to kill the parents but I won’t. Now that I think about it I think our one year anniversary for adoption is this month.

HEY! I need an actual good idea on what to get for mother’s day. Internet searches came up with results that make me believe woman like junk because that’s all I saw and Pinterest can take the do it yourself stuff and …. Well you get the point. Since this is her first for real mother’s day with the boys I figured I should participate even if I dislike forced present buying and even worse forced card buying. WHY WITH THE CARDS!!!! Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Survive
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2014, 01:02 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
Start Date: 1/27/2014
BulldogMom - Flour sucks! Why does it have to be so evil? I will go shoot some flour with a shotgun for you just cuz. Plus it would probably look pretty cool.
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:34 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogMom View Post
Thanks Bonny-Jean and MtherGoos for the support! I feel like I'm starting over too.....every dang day its a re-start. LOL If I don't stick to the foods that I know, then it screws me up. My safe foods I can count on one hand.
Wow, we're on page 2 already. Awesome!!!
Oh you're welcome. We're here for ya. I'm concerned about going to the next level too cause it seems everything other than meat, eggs, cheese, fats makes the scale go crazy but I guess it's little things first and maybe once you're at a maintenance stage you can't worry about a few lbs here and there and it's just your body adjusting????
Hmm, I think I'm gonna go with that!!
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:43 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
01 May Already!

WOW, time flies. And look at all the new folks jumping on board
Mthergoos: I have to go back to the old thread as I missed the beach pics
Been raining here all week, could be worse. This part of Ont doesn't see tornados or forest fights all that often.
Goal for May: get to the gym a little bit more often & get back to swimming at least once a week.
Haven't been on the scale for 2 weeks so haven't the foggiest about weight goal.
Gotta get back to making some RR; I miss sandwiches for lunch sometimes.
Oh yes, still have taxes to file
Sandy1: no surprise you started the new thread; you have at least a 5 hr start on the rest of us unless we have some Aussies here
Someone mentioned following the total vs net carb style of LC; in case you missed it , there is an Atkins 72 thread
CdnPaleoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:50 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betterthanever
Stats: 265/188/165
Start Date: Feb 2014
I'd like to join in the May challenge. I've been doing Atkins of some version for about 10 weeks, but settled on 72 version a couple weeks ago. I've been stalling for the last month, trying to tweak things so I will start losing again. Hope I've figured it out--finally lost a pound last night!
My goal is 4 lbs, and to weigh food portions at least once a week, so that I can be sure I'm being honest about how much I'm eating. Glad to be here!!
betterthanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:34 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/184/145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Thanks Bonny! *hugs!* I have noticed I pop a SF lifesavers in my mouth more often then I probably should. It's that Hand-Mouth thing now that i'm not smoking!
Had some tuna with mayo, a bit of diced onion and 2 boiled eggs today for lunch and used salt and vinager pork rines to eat it. So Good!
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:46 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 5'4" 178/148.4/133-128
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart Dec 8 2014
I'm glad it's such an active group. I just packed dinner for tonight I work 3rd shift. Ham slices with cream cheese and jalapeno rolled up in it, and some greens to put under the whole thing. Plus some avocado and tomato. I am lucky as it doesn't seem to matter if I count net carbs. I am kinda doing my own thing between 72 and the newest version.
Once I get closer to goal I might need to tighten up the reigns but I have reached goal before then let loose and gained back 50lbs, so it is more important to me to learn how to balance and maintain.
I just orders Muffins to Slim By off amazon and cannot wait to try a few new muffins. When I make mims I make one into three servings I use silicone baking cups. They are one item that weigh heavy in me for a couple of days but if I only eat a third I don't seem to have a problem.
Looking forward to the morning.
Leanne
Leanne21071 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:49 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddabing View Post
BulldogMom - Flour sucks! Why does it have to be so evil? I will go shoot some flour with a shotgun for you just cuz. Plus it would probably look pretty cool.
I have all of this leftover almond flour, coconut flour and flax meal to use up now. I was going to try some more paleo type recipes for my daughter and uncle, but shooting the bags to pieces sounds like more fun. LOL
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:52 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne21071 View Post
I just orders Muffins to Slim By off amazon and cannot wait to try a few new muffins. When I make mims I make one into three servings I use silicone baking cups. They are one item that weigh heavy in me for a couple of days but if I only eat a third I don't seem to have a problem.
Looking forward to the morning.
Leanne
Eat one for me! I'd love to eat a MIM too but those mess me up also. I might try again if I ever get to maintenance.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:17 PM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: momadance
Stats: 160/139/132
WOE: Low carb IF
Im new amd started induction level carbs a week ago. My goals.are.to stay in ketosis, keep up with a 16/8 intermittent fasting schedule and a full fast mondays .

I really really want to lose about 7 pounds!
momadance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:47 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Wow! Busy thread! That's awesome! Welcome to all our newbies and welcome back to our friends that are rejoining us this month! May is a great time to start fresh and to be ready for summer!

James, moms always love gifts the kids make. Maybe you and the kids could even just make her a special dinner and some cards. It's not about the gifts as much as it is just about showing your love and appreciation

Paleoguy, lol. Trust me, the pictures weren't very exciting!

Ok, I have something to share that I have to admit boggles my mind...... I've actually been flirted with on this vacation..... And more than once! My daughter has pointed it out a couple of times, but I keep telling her she's crazy, but today it was blatant enough that I couldn't deny it. Lol. Makes me laugh, but it's very flattering. Shocking, but flattering.

Heading home tomorrow. Vegas first for endurocross ,then home. Have a great night my friends!
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:41 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/158.6/149
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Morning everyone

May 1st 146
May 2nd 146

Welcome to everyone that is just starting, its lovely having new faces.

Mthrgoos.....Totally loved the fact that you have guys after you lol....love it, what a confidence boost that is.

Cndpaleoguy.....Yes 5 hours ahead of you all, makes for a really boring morning waiting for you all to wake up lol.

Ok time for coffee....is it your turn to make it or mine Bonnie.
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:34 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimbersh47
Stats: 5'5" 330/231/149
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Morning!!
May 1 297.7
May 2 297.1

I had one of those very hungry days yesterday. Just couldn't seem to eat enough to satisfy! Upped my fat intake and finally felt satisfied after dinner. I also drank much more than I usually do. Weird day!

Off to get my coffee and make my breakfast and lunch for the day.

Hope everybody has a good one today!

KIMBER
Kimbersh47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 04:44 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Forgot to mention I had my first yoga class Wednesday evening which I wasn't sure about as I totally hate exercise apart from walking....and it was amazing...just lots of really cool stretches as I am in the beginners class, I woke up yesterday with no aches or sore muscles and thought I must be in pretty good shape not to feel any pain lol....but this morning I am walking like a 70 year old woman lol, and my arms are aching....but it kind of feels good because it must mean I really did stretch everything out......anyway I hate exercise but totally am in love with yoga...funny how it took more than a day for the aches and pains to kick in though, but I am really excited I finally have found something I can do that I enjoy.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:58 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: candypickletoes
Stats: 220/190.8/140
Start Date: April 8, 2014
Good morning everyone! TGIF! I have a rough day ahead of me, a 7:30 - 9:00 a.m. meeting, a 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. meeting, a 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. meeting, I HAVE to get my lunchtime walk in (to maintain my sanity) so that will take place from 1:00 - 2:00 and eating lunch will follow. Then things calm down, thank goodness!

....only to lead into tomorrow for my very first dreaded volunteer work ever. I've been heavily involved in volunteer work for 14 years now and I always look forward to an event....not this time, I've never been treated like a second-class citizen by those I'm volunteering for...until now. BUT, I signed up for this 8+ hour stint, they are counting on me, so I will go, but I will never volunteer for them again. It's a shame too, since I'm a cardiac patient and the organization is The American Heart Association. I'll stick to the AHA walks, a couple of hours and I'm done!

Anyway, enough babble from me:

May 1 - 207.2
May 2 - 206.6
GOAL FOR MAY - 199.anything! ONEderland!

Happy Friday everyone!!

~Candy
candypickletoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:51 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Morning All

Welcome to all new friends joining us in the challenge. All the best to everyone.

Mthergoos: That's freaky I was going to suggest the EXACT same thing to James yesterday. Have the kids all help making breakfast or dinner and get each of them to make a card. LOL. Great minds think alike!

Sandy: I think that's great you enjoyed the yoga. I've thought about that too. No doubt you'll be achy the first few times but each time you do it you'll find the aches get less and less and you'll love the benefits of not being stiff and sore over that so much more. When I did exercise I found I never woke up with a sore back again. Kuddos to you for giving it a try. Now when are you gonna grab that fishing pole??? LOL.

Kimber: If you've had enough protein for the day then I will take a little extra fat in some form and yes maybe a little extra water. We all have those days and the thing is to stay on plan and try to get thru it. Tomorrow will be better!!

--------------------------
Apr 30.....171.3
May 1 .....170.7
May 2......169.8 FINALLY!!! WHOO-HOO.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:58 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

May 1st....... 199.4
2nd...... 199.0

I have a funeral later this morning so I'll catch up with everyone later.

James, I made it easy on my dh for Mother's Day. I told him that I just wanted all of us to head out to Busch Gardens so we could spend time together. Plants are overrated and cards are overpriced. Chocolates were always a hit but he knows he can't do that this year. So a fun family day is perfect.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:52 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Leanne21071
Stats: 5'4" 178/148.4/133-128
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart Dec 8 2014
May 1 166
May 2 166

Nothing up or down on the scale. I know it's not broken cause my DH hopped on and lost six pounds because he's been sick. Figures easy for him and he doesn't need to lose weight I was sick for almost a month and I gained weight!
Leanne21071 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:35 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

[QUOTE=MtherGoos;16896246]Ok, I have something to share that I have to admit boggles my mind...... I've actually been flirted with on this vacation..... And more than once! My daughter has pointed it out a couple of times, but I keep telling her she's crazy, but today it was blatant enough that I couldn't deny it. Lol. Makes me laugh, but it's very flattering. Shocking, but flattering.
[QUOTE]

You shouldn't be too shocked cause you look amazing!! I'm sure that little extra confidence you feel is putting out a pretty sexy vibe.
You go girl!!!
Old 05-02-2014, 08:51 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DlaneyLynn
Stats: 230/211/200
WOE: Keto/LCHF
Start Date: 4/1/14
I want to join the May challenge if I can. My goal is simply to stay on plan for the month of May and to not step on the scale until May 31st. It motivates me if I'm down, but trips me up if I'm up and I think it's more important for me to just focus on woe changes than what the scale says. Happy May and happy Friday everyone!
DlaneyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:55 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bonny!!!! Yay!!! You made it to 169! Way to start the month! Congratulations!
Old 05-02-2014, 09:03 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Bonnie....Oh my gosh....whoop whoop, and its Friday so definitely will have a drink for you .......I was so happy to just see that.....it is so brilliant to be in a new number isn't it....well you have just made my day.....

I love that we have so many new faces on this months challenge....to many for me to say hi to though lol.....but I am waving at you all.......we are going to have an amazing month.
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:13 AM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sandy, you're so right, I can feel it, we're going to have an amazing month! I'm so glad we have so many new faces this month to enjoy it with us!
Old 05-02-2014, 09:33 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Sandy & Mthergoos and I hope it's sticks cause it's only a burp away from 170!!

See Sandy... sometimes you stick on a number for quite a while and then all of sudden.... drop, drop, drop. Yours is any day now. Have a Bacardi for me tonight. In 3 wks my cous will be here and we'll be outside as much as possible doing landscaping and such. Might be interesting going out for lunch as she's a vegan and I'm a carnivoure. One good meal might do both of us. LOL. Oh, everyday I'm gonna see pasta, potatoes and rice right in front of me. She can eat all the veggies she wants cause I never feel like I'm missing out with those things.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:55 AM   #55
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
April 14th: 208
May 1st: 198.4
May 2nd: 198.0

So I dropped 0.4 lbs today! Very happy about that. Working on keeping my menu simple. Last night for dinner I made a low-carb meatloaf using ground beef, little bit of hwc, about 4 crushed pork rinds, and sugar-free low carb ketchup. It was so tasty! For dessert I had an oopsie pie - it's like a whoopie pie. I take an oopsie and fold it like a taco then add some whipped cream.

Great job Bonnie on making it to the 160's

Everyone have a great day and Happy Friday!
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:53 AM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/184/145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Morning!
May goal- 4lbs and exercise 4x's a week

May 1st- 163.8
May 2nd- 162.0
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:34 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

So you didn't tell me if you ate frogs???
Old 05-02-2014, 12:40 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

MtherGoos, How exciting to be flirted with! Its a great confidence builder. I'm not surprised in the least either because you are glowing in all of your pics.

Sandy, You make me want to give yoga a try. Not that I want to walk like a 70 yr old woman, but I definitely need to get more flexible.

Candypickletoes, You'll be in onederland before you know it! Its a shame that some organizations treat their volunteers badly. Volunteers are the lifeforce behind many groups that keep them running.

Bonny-Jean, Congratulations on making it to the 160s!!!!!!!!!!! WTG!!!!!!

Leanne, My dh is the same way. In fact, he eats a pack of saltines every night and still manages to lose weight. Not fair. LOL

Gracie, Nice drop!

Shelly, WTG on the loss! You're doing something right!

Welcome to all of the new folks! And congrats to all of those losing!
Old 05-02-2014, 12:43 PM   #59
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Thanks Bulldogmom!!!

BTW, does anyone post menus? I love getting new ideas so I don't get bored. I know a lot keep it simple but that's what I'm looking for too. I've been totally craving a gyro. Is the gyro meat okay just over lettuce? Or is that too processed?
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:44 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
So you didn't tell me if you ate frogs???
Speaking for myself, I've eaten frog legs when I was kid. I think they did taste like chicken.