Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 07:35 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Cadet12
Is this normal on Atkins?

I'm going on my 5th week on atkins. Im staying in the induction phase. Im about 13 pounds lighter. Im weighing every three days. I'm a pound lighter every three days or nothing at all. sd this normal? I know it depends on everyones body, but It's kinda bringing me down not seeing the scale or waist dropping Any tips to make my weight loss a bit successful?
I started at 238 and im at 226.
Breakfast- 2 pieces of bacon and a cheese stick
4 or more cups of water inbetweeen lunch and breakfast.
Lunch- 2 Lettuce wraps {Cheese, chicken or turkey, mayo, hot sauce, sometimes bacon} and a pickle
4 or more cups of water between lunch and dinner.
Dinner- Some type of meat, with Veggies.
then sometimes a snack like jello or decaf coffee .
I exercise 25 minutes sometimes more on the treadmill after each meal. Should I do this ?
Thanks !
Cadet12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2014, 10:32 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Totally normal. Don't obsess, just enjoy the journey. I know that's easier said than done, but the scale is going to do what it's going to do. I sometimes go weeks at a time without losing, or even have a little gain. Then all of a sudden I'll lose several pounds at once. Just be patient and consistent.
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:35 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cprcheetah
Stats: 224.6/170/130
WOE: Lean For Life/Low Cal
Start Date: LFL 3/4/2014
Sounds pretty normal to me
cprcheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:08 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 7-22-12
Yes, normal. I went for weeks without losing followed by weeks for double digit losses. Your menu looks good, just stay on course. It took a long time to gain, it also takes time to lose.
Big Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:24 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: in_waves
Stats: 177/177/130
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: March 25, 2014
Cadet,

Seems normal from what I know but if you want to test the waters, I would look at three things:

1. ) Are you getting enough calories? I am 5'6" and 185 and losing weight on Atkins and generally eat around 1400-1600 calories a day, and sometimes go even higher. If your calories aren't at least 1400 a day, eat more! I know it is totally counterintuitive to everything we've ever been told about dieting, it was really really hard for me to close my eyes and accept that I don't need to sweat calories, but it seems to hold true, at least in the beginning.

2.) What's your ratio of proteins/fat/carbs? If you're eating too much protein, this can slow you down. My personal ratio is around 75-80% fats and then everything else makes up the other 20-25%, but you'll have to fiddle around with it and see what works for you. Upping your fats can be tricky but makes me feel terrific; I do bulletproof coffee in the morning for breakfast which is 2T organic, grass-fed butter & 2T MCT oil blended into a cup of coffee, sounds super gross but comes out like a super frothy latte, and it is 400 calories right off the bat in the morning, wakes me right up, keeps me full until at least noon, and is 100% fats.

3.) 8 glasses of water might not be enough for you, you could try to drink more water as well. I drink at least 75 oz of water a day but aim for 90. Atkins says a minimum of 8 glasses of water a day, but the general rule of thumb I go by is drinking half of my body weight in ounces, in addition to any diet sodas, coffees, or teas that I have as all of them are slightly dehydrating.

Obviously I am no real expert, I am brand new to this thing myself, but thought I'd mention a couple of things that have seemed to work for me, and if you want to give them a shot, that's great, but if not, I am sure you will find success in your own ways as well. Best of luck to you!
in_waves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:02 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jmccal1
Stats: 157/148/134- 5'2" (belly button measurement 34)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 1 2014
These are great tips! I am still working to getting the fats up! Im going to try the bullet proof coffee for the 1st time tomorrow.
jmccal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:39 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Dundee
Start Date: March 2 2014
I am in the exact same boat as you. Iam 8weeks in and are having the same results with sometimes I loose some then sometimes I stay the same. But a least its going down instead of up. Plus I feel a difference in my clothes as well. So hang in there I think we are the right track.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:41 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kay9
Stats: 432/209/200
WOE: Atkins (DANDR 2002) Extended Induction
Start Date: August 27th 2013
Def' on the right track. Congrats on your progress!
kay9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:00 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cinglessofme
Stats: 265/250/150
WOE: High-Fat, Low-Carb
Dont change anything, "tweak" or do anything that is going to complicate the process like counting macro and things of that nature. it is way too early in the game, if you stay the course long enough you may have to do those things later down the road. BtW you are not in a stall after two weeks. A stall is no loss of weight OR inches for a period of at least six weeks.
cinglessofme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:12 PM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Jennyl
Start Date: manana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Stevie View Post
Yes, normal. I went for weeks without losing followed by weeks for double digit losses. Your menu looks good, just stay on course. It took a long time to gain, it also takes time to lose.
I agree.

I've lost nothing some months, and 15 lbs the next month.
Jennyl is online now   Reply With Quote