Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 01:54 PM   #211
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 2,556
Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddabing View Post
Bonny-Jean I feel your pain. It has to be frustrating to be at the edge of the 170’s but cannot get pushed over. BUT you could have never lost any weight, you could be sitting where ever your sitting only 40 pounds heavier. The human body is an odd thing and you will find that trigger. If you used HWC before and lost it does not makes since you still would not loose. Especially if you’re not close to your goal weight. Something is different or you changed something or you got lax and levels of something are creeping in. There has to be a reason!
Yes, one would think there has to be a reason INDEED but you know what, sometimes there isn't!! I'm 100% on plan. A cheat would be 2 fries a week. Last Friday I did have a couple of oz of Bearnaise and 2 bites of a bun but seriously!! I've upted the hwc in the evening x 2 which I didn't use to do so it's either that are the fact that my calories are around 6-700 most days. I KNOW that's stupid but somedays that's all I can get in. It's probably the scary low calories, I'm thinking.

Last edited by Bonny-Jean; 03-07-2014 at 01:56 PM..
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2014, 02:27 PM   #212
Major LCF Poster!
 
BulldogMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,062
Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Yes, one would think there has to be a reason INDEED but you know what, sometimes there isn't!! I'm 100% on plan. A cheat would be 2 fries a week. Last Friday I did have a couple of oz of Bearnaise and 2 bites of a bun but seriously!! I've upted the hwc in the evening x 2 which I didn't use to do so it's either that are the fact that my calories are around 6-700 most days. I KNOW that's stupid but somedays that's all I can get in. It's probably the scary low calories, I'm thinking.
Read up on weight set points. As I understand it, your body has a pre-disposition to settle at certain weights that you've been before. When you hit those points, its a little harder for you to drop weight. Some people don't believe in it, but it makes a lot of sense to me. I've been stuck around 191 lbs whether I eat on plan or not. I think I really have to shake things up (by working out) to bust past that number and then my losses should pick up again as before. I think my next set point is going to be somewhere around 165. These were weights that I have stayed at in the past without trying.
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:59 PM   #213
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 255
Gallery: luvleliz
Stats: 233/221/180 5'9"
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: restart November 2014
ok. 225.5 today!!! yay!

Still trying to push through the fat fast. Not sure if it's becoming a mental thing right now....can't have the food, can't eat the food..lol. When i'm done it's right back on induction. just a 1 cup lettuce salad with 1/2 avocado, egg and blue cheese dressing.

No steak or meat for a few days what will I do. lol. Oh I can have bacon. Cant' wait to cook that bacon. oh, I can smell it now.

next meal is porkrinds with sour cream and a spoon full of guacamole. oh my goodness, didn't realize it's 2 o'clock already. Well, I can do this, i'm not even hungry right now. and I love eggs! go eggs. LOL
__________________
1/27/14: 234
4/1/14: 226.8
11/10/14: 221
5'9, 42 yrs old.
Working out 4-5x a week
luvleliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:01 PM   #214
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 2,556
Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogMom View Post
Read up on weight set points. As I understand it, your body has a pre-disposition to settle at certain weights that you've been before.
Yes, it does make sense but I've been all weights from 138 to 228 for a time or two. I was at 138 most of my adult life till I was about 38 and went off the pill. So my body should be trying to get back to it's "normal" weight of 140'ish, give or take a few pounds for age and kiddies but being stuck in the middle is no fun at all!! I'll do some reading, thanks so much.
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:04 PM   #215
Junior LCF Member
 
Jacki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 34
Gallery: Jacki
Stats: 227/197/127
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2013
Hi y'all!! Just stumbled on this thread and hope you don't mind me joining

I've been 'trying' to restart since January 1 without success. So today it hit me - maybe Atkins 72 will restrict me enough that I can get back into the game ... Day 1 almost done

I'm excited to read what you post tonight in the morning- my new morning ritual- LCF with my coffee. Good night everyone!!
Jacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:03 PM   #216
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mountains of Western NC
Posts: 208
Gallery: arb34
Stats: 222/197.8/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: restarted 1/2/2014
Welcome Jacki, this is a nice place to be....you will find much inspiration here! Bonnie Jean, I sure do feel your frustration!!!!!!! I want so bad to do better and make the losses more consistent....I stress when I know I'm eating right and I don't get the results I want!! And i wish I had more time to be on here and join in the conversations but sometimes that early morning weigh in is all I can manage
arb34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:13 PM   #217
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 2,556
Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Arb: Yeah, weight issues suck but I guess there are worse things that we could be struggling with. I suppose I should be grateful for being very healthy despite still being a little fat. It's hard to give so much to something and have such dismal results. Oh well, power on!
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:31 PM   #218
Junior LCF Member
 
Jacki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 34
Gallery: Jacki
Stats: 227/197/127
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Arb: Yeah, weight issues suck but I guess there are worse things that we could be struggling with. I suppose I should be grateful for being very healthy despite still being a little fat. It's hard to give so much to something and have such dismal results. Oh well, power on!
Bonny-Jean I feel the SAME way. It's kind of refreshing to see I am not alone in that. Here's to us both powering on!!!
Jacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:01 PM   #219
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 2,556
Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Roger that, Jacki.
I was reading about not being hungry even when your calories are scary low. Atkins says only eat when you're hungry. I haven't been hungry in a very long time and so much lately that I'm not even hungry when I should be. Today was 2 eggs w/mayo, 4 coffee w/hwc and 5 water. I'm only now (8pm) having 4 dry ribs cause I already thawed them out. Not sure what's going on but I did read that your body will ignore the hunger pain to fuel other systems when your cal count is borderline dangerously low. The last few days mine has been around 600 maybe. I know, I know but am I supposed to force food?? I'll get sick or too nauseous to even try.
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:15 PM   #220
Senior LCF Member
 
Baddabing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 608
Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/27/2014
I saw 300, it was ok it was in 3d which I usually won’t do but I had a very small window to work with so I saw plenty of blood flying at me etc. Then met the wife as a hippy coffee joint. I did not get to eat for 11 hours because of a series of unfortunate events but I am good now. BTW everyone in this movie must be on Atkins

Lynann when you say induction it is not as simple as you may think. Depends on which method etc. When in doubt get the book and stick to the plan

Bonnie – I spent an hour picking a woman’s brain who is the dietician for my facility. She has multiple degrees and letters attached to her name so I am going to assume she knows exactly what she is talking about. I was trying to get an answer about if you go into starvation mode at X calories but keep your calories above that number but then workout enough that the adjusted number is now below would your body go into starvation mode. She eventually said no. She did say everyone has a level based on metabolic basal level and if your consistency under that level you will never lose weight. Your body will become inefficient like as an example it used 5 calories to blink your eyes it will find a way to do it with 2 calorie’s. So you harm yourself more by eating less. Also she said it’s not a daily number as much as it should be a weekly number. You can go under calories one day and over another etc but at the end of the week if your 3500 calories under your BML then you lose one pound. Of course the body works better if you keep it the same every day because it then predicts it will be fed well and not cause the starvation mode. I suspect “calories are around 6-700 most days” is exactly what your problem is.
__________________
July Goals

Survive
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:33 PM   #221
Senior LCF Member
 
sanderk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: louisville, KY
Posts: 176
Gallery: sanderk1
Stats: 186/183/150
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Feb. 28, 2014
Reading everyone's posts, has me wondering... Is there a tried and true method to lose weight with low carb? Why do some seem to lose effortlessly and others can't lose no matter what they do? I know this is true with every weight loss plan out there but so frustrating and disheartening and if you do get the pounds off will they stay off? Just pondering... Sigh...
I have done low carb in the past, but feel so different about it this time, I am not having any true cravings, little hunger and even though my losses are minimal I feel like this is something I can do for life with the occasional carb and sugar indulgence.
I'm wondering if that is just a pipe dream. I see post from people stalling for months and struggling every step of the way...
I don't know exactly what I am trying to say here, just some observations and some questions.
Anyone else want to jump in?
__________________
One day at a time, one pound at a time, one round at a time.
sanderk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:53 PM   #222
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 2,556
Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddabing View Post
Bonnie – I spent an hour picking a woman’s brain who is the dietician for my facility. She has multiple degrees and letters attached to her name so I am going to assume she knows exactly what she is talking about. I was trying to get an answer about if you go into starvation mode at X calories but keep your calories above that number but then workout enough that the adjusted number is now below would your body go into starvation mode. She eventually said no. She did say everyone has a level based on metabolic basal level and if your consistency under that level you will never lose weight. Your body will become inefficient like as an example it used 5 calories to blink your eyes it will find a way to do it with 2 calorie’s. So you harm yourself more by eating less. Also she said it’s not a daily number as much as it should be a weekly number. You can go under calories one day and over another etc but at the end of the week if your 3500 calories under your BML then you lose one pound. Of course the body works better if you keep it the same every day because it then predicts it will be fed well and not cause the starvation mode. I suspect “calories are around 6-700 most days” is exactly what your problem is.
NAILED IT!!!
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:04 PM   #223
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mountains of Western NC
Posts: 208
Gallery: arb34
Stats: 222/197.8/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: restarted 1/2/2014
So maybe the key could be that some people are aware of what their metabolic basal level is....or have accidentally hit it so they are effortlessly losing while the rest of us who don't know what our level is or who haven't been lucky enough to hit that sweet spot struggle? How to find out what our personal level is?
arb34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:33 PM   #224
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 2,556
Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Arb: After BulldogMom advised me about "weight set points" I did some reading but need someone to put that in Layman's language for me. I didn't get it but if you do, please give me the condensed version.
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:42 PM   #225
Senior LCF Member
 
HockeyMum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 119
Gallery: HockeyMum
Stats: 139/128/118
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
Bonny Jean I have to agree that if you're only eating 600-700 calories a day your body goes into preservation mode and you won't lose weight. You need to eat enough to fuel all your organs and your brain, to manufacture blood and repair muscles. If your body thinks you're starving it will conserve every scrap of weight it can. I would try upping your calories to a healthy level, and tracking everything. I know that if I don't enter it into my tracker, I either forget I've eaten it or I don't realize how many little bites here and there are adding up to major calories or carbs. So many of the people on here have lost the weight in the past so we know the program works. I think getting back to the basics of it is what is working for me, after I was somewhat stalled at 135 (which is too heavy for me at 5'3 and a half). Good luck.

Welcome to Jacki, you'll love it here.

Sanderk, I think the answer lies in being honest with oneself. If you are cheating, no matter how small, the program doesn't work. (I don't mean you personally) Everyone I know in my family who is overweight by any amount honestly fools themselves with what they are eating. I do think many different diet programs work, you cut the calories and you lose the weight. I happen to think low carb is one of the easiest to stick to long term as a WOE, instead of just a short term solution, but it takes work.

See everyone in the morning!
HockeyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:50 PM   #226
Major LCF Poster!
 
AutumnReigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,352
Gallery: AutumnReigns
Stats: 208/139.6/158
WOE: weight watchers
Mar 3rd....177.8
Mar 4th....177.0
Mar 5th....178.0
Mar 6th....176.8
Mar 7th....177.4

This is how my last few days have gone
AutumnReigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:39 PM   #227
Senior LCF Member
 
Baddabing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 608
Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/27/2014
Researching MTHFR mutation a fertility Dr. diagnosed my wife with this loosely during one of several blood test years ago. She spent almost a year in the hospital at age 18 because of blood clots etc too which is also a symptom. She does have problems and all seem to fit under this so we decided she needs to go to a Dr. and nail down if she truly has this and which specific one of them. It would explain everything.

sanderk1 – Just a theory of mine but specifically to people that come back a second time I wonder if they do not do as well because they end up not doing true induction. I have to constantly check to make sure I don’t add stuff that I should not add until OWL even though I know I can still lose weight like nuts. Low Carb products, protein shakes etc. If I did I would probably lose much slower.

arb34 I suspect because this diet takes all appetite, for the most part away, people can accidentally eat too little. I used 1200 calories because, wait I will see if there is any info.( who says google is useless.) I found it - As a general rule though, most nutrition experts recommend never going below 1,000-1,200 calories a day if you're dieting on your own. It's also worth bearing in mind that the body doesn't suddenly 'enter' and 'leave' starvation mode, like crossing the border from Devon into Cornwall. It's a gradual process - so you don't need to panic if you do go below your calorie intake very occasionally. Personally next week I am upping my cals as part of an ongoing experiment.
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:59 PM   #228
Senior LCF Member
 
Baddabing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 608
Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/27/2014
This is it for the day I swear. Found this site looking for ratios in diet. Kind of a readers digest of info and references for Induction. Joseph Arcita: A Guide to Ketosis
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:17 AM   #229
Major LCF Poster!
 
Sandy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Isle of Wight Uk
Posts: 1,716
Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/158.6/149
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
1st March 162
3rd March 161.2
5th March 160.4
7th March 161.8
8th March 160.0 whoop whoop

So I kept my calories lowish but ate all day....even though I ate all day I managed to keep my calories just under 900, so my experiment is going to be, will my body go into starvation mode because my calories are low, or....because I ate all day does it kind of trick it.....well I guess I will see.

Hope we all have a happy Saturday, I love it when the posts get all experimental lol.
Have a great day everyone.....
__________________
They laughed because she was different....she laughed because they were all the same....
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:33 AM   #230
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
princessmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 4,270
Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/184/145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Morning! Up early on a saturday. Kids have school to try to make up for all the days they've missed. DD has a choir concert so she'll be off to that here at 7:00am.
Going out to eat for my B-day tonight! Can't wait!!

*March goals! Get back into the 140's and
Stay there! Work Abs and legs!
March 1st-155
March 2nd- 155.5
March 3rd- 154.6
March 4th- 155.2
March 5th- 156.0
March 6th- 156.4
March 7th- 156.0
March 8th- 155.6
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:36 AM   #231
Major LCF Poster!
 
Sandy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Isle of Wight Uk
Posts: 1,716
Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/158.6/149
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHELLEY.....HOPE YOUR DAY IS AMAZING...
Plus you lost some numbers on the scale, it doesn't get better than that......
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:50 AM   #232
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mountains of Western NC
Posts: 208
Gallery: arb34
Stats: 222/197.8/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: restarted 1/2/2014
Enjoy celebrating you birthday Shelly!!! Baddabing, going to read up on that, thanks!! Bonnie Jean, hang in there!!!

Mar 1....203.4
Mar 2....201.6
Mar 3....202.6
Mar 4....202.4
Mar 5....202
Mar 6....202
Mar 7....201.6
Mar 8....202.2
arb34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:06 AM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
princessmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 4,270
Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/184/145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Thanks! B'day isn't till the 11th But dH has the weekend off so we're celebrating tonight. That is If my son feels better
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:29 AM   #234
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 2,556
Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Thanks BulldogMom, Arb, James and anyone I missed for the advice and research information you passed on. It took me awhile to realize it probably wasn't the hwc but the fact I was only eating 1/2 the minimum calories a doctor would recommend, ie: 1200. Maybe this is the problem. I've been in a major routine the last couple of weeks so perhaps it's "shake up" time.

90% of diets are based on calories in - calories out but within reason, I guess? Plus ROUTINE also helps lose weight. I was told years ago that if you eat the same thing day after day, your body learns to process it faster and faster. Jared from Subway is a perfect example. He ate the same thing every day for a year and lost over 150 lbs so.....................

Well, I caved last night and poured Catalina all over on my ribs, then proceeded to eat a piece of my ds bday cake, albeit small. Ugh. Haven't done that in 6 mons!! To my surprise the scale was down .2?? Might be up tomorrow but whatever!! Not proud of myself but I hoped it helped with the mental fix. Back at 'er today, no problem.

Might get some exercise this weekend raking all the snow off the garage and the house again, then get the snowblower going to get it away from the buildings. Last time I did that I lost 1 lb overnight although the pain in my arms sent me to the drugstore. LOL.

I hope you all have a great weekend
and nice weather where you be at!!

__________________________________
Feb 24...181.4
Mar 1... 182.0
Mar 2... 181.8
Mar 3....181.6
Mar 4....181.9
Mar 5....181.8
Mar 6....181.2
Mar 7....181.6
Mar 8....181.4
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:50 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member
 
nikki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 804
Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/131/120
WOE: Low-carb Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Spending the day today at an Animal Rescue Center while my son does his volunteer training. I'm going to be sitting in my car doing my Spanish and Bible classes' homework for three hours, which is good because I am a week behind in all five classes. I need to be held captive to force me to slow down enough to get the homework done. If I get a decent amount of work done before my son gets back to the car I might go for a walk. The animal center is in a beautiful part of town. My favorite place on earth, actually, and where I would love to live. I could meander about and gawk at the opulent homes.

3/3: 147.0
3/5: 146.0
3/6: 145.6
3/8: 145.2

__________________
185/131/120 ~ 5'2"

nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:00 AM   #236
Major LCF Poster!
 
jblanken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 1,094
Gallery: jblanken
Stats: 248/184.7/120 5'6.5"
WOE: Atkins,LC,IF,EFGT
Start Date: 2006-LC,restart 9/2014
Yeah an .8 lbs loss!!
cal/carb change from previous UD 1241 7.7
Next round I want to get the carb change to >8

Also I got my scale fixed, this was the problem, I believe...

Shelly - Happy Birthday... I had BD on 3/6...

Giving myself the best gift of all, health!!

Getting into the 50s here today...spring fever is officially here!
jblanken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:50 AM   #237
Major LCF Poster!
 
BulldogMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,062
Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Bleh! I weighed myself and I'm up to 192.6. I know its the darn prednisone but still not what I wanted to see. And because my life isn't normal by any means, I've somehow been signed up for pole dancing classes. My bulldog's trainer, who is pretty effective at making people and animals do her bidding, convinced me to try it for the exercise. I agreed because I might need the job skill later on if this stay at home mom stuff doesn't pan out.
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:10 AM   #238
Senior LCF Member
 
HockeyMum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 119
Gallery: HockeyMum
Stats: 139/128/118
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
Happy belated birthday Jblanken! And early b'day to Shelly. An early start to your day today! Sandy, -- 160! Hurray! Nikki, good luck getting all that homework done, and so nice that your son volunteers with Animal Rescue. I have rescue budgies (don't laugh) as a friend of ours works for Animal Control here and calls me when they get one in. I had 5 at one point, then one of them laid 5 eggs in my cabinet next to their cage. All 5 hatched, but only one baby survived. They are all named after hockey players....

Down one more pound today to 131, it really is motivating to see the movement on the scale this week, and I feel bad posting that knowing that some of you are struggling so much. Because I've committed on here to the challenge, I've just been super strict with the carbs, started taking Magnesium because I found some in the cupboard that I bought 2 years ago for some cleanse thing that didn't work. Also had several tablespoons of psyllium husks late in the week in a couple of recipes I tried and that seemed to get things moving, if you know what I mean

James I hope you find some answers to your wife's infertility issues in your research.

Wishing you all a wonderful, low carb, day
HockeyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:21 AM   #239
Senior LCF Member
 
GyspySixpence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Newfield, NY
Posts: 476
Gallery: GyspySixpence
Stats: 194.8/150.8/Restart 174.2 CW: 143.8 GW135 (5'3")
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: June 5, 2012/Restart November 29, 2013
March 4: 152.4 (Arm challenge/arm weights/finally did the 250 squats for my previous challenge/leg exercises)
March 5: 152 (arm challenge)
March 6: 151 (arm challenge/arm weights/50 squats/various other exercises)
March 7: 150.6 (arm challenge)
March 8: 149.8 (50 squats and a few leg exercises/rest day for the arm challenge)


March goals:
Weight goal: 143
Complete 30 Day Arm Challenge
Walk when weather permits

My body is sooo sore from my walk yesterday. I am going to start taking a closer look at my calories because the reality is that I'm probably not eating enough.

Prednisone sucks. I packed on 12 pounds with it a couple of years ago when I had to be on it.
GyspySixpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:28 AM   #240
Senior LCF Member
 
CdnPaleoGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Ont Canada
Posts: 369
Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
Early Afternoon All:
Just back from a 5-7km walk in the woods doing our usual Saturday morning geocaching hunt. Beautiful sunny day. Home to find out we're heading to the gym.
Our bedroom scale reported that I'm closing in on 250 however, will double check with the scale at the YMCA.
No idea what's on the menu today as our oldest turned 17 yrs old! And no, I didn't give him a bunch of empty boxes & luggage for a gift; that comes next year
Have a great day folks.
CdnPaleoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:00 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.