Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2014, 01:04 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: psychmom
Critique my sample menu

I'm starting to get my shopping list together for my first week of Phase 1. The menu the book gives is helpful, but as far as how to flavor the '4-6 oz chicken' or cup of broccoli is where I'm unsure. I don't want to use anything I shouldn't. I put together a sample menu on ************ with recipes from the New Atkins cookbook and the calories and carbs were right on target. But according to *** the daily fat intake was 95 g, 43 g higher than they recommended.

Here's the sample menu I plugged in. Tell me if it looks ok or any recommendations on what to change. All the recipes I used are good for Phase 1 according to the cookbook.

Breakfast: 1 serving frittata Lorraine
Snack: 1 serving Cheese Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
Lunch: 1 serving Skirt Steak with Chimichurri. Mixed greens & 2T Creamy Italian dressing
Dinner: 1 serving Jerk Chicken. Mixed greens & 2T Creamy Italian dressing

Does this look like a good day on week 1?
psychmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2014, 02:21 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.4/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/27/2014
ITS HORRIBLE!!!!

just kidding. Since you are putting dishes down it is hard to say for sure because someone like me eats things as simple as possible because I do not want to spend all day calculating carbs cals etc but..... Based on what I know you would be close to 20 carbs maybe over? which 20 is fine. Keep in mind when you calculate stuff that occasionally you eat something where the carb count could be a little higher than you realize. Therefore when I want 20 I may do 16-18 and expect it was closer to 20.

Some of the others here may be more familiar with all those fancy shmancy titles that you call food.

I was trying to decide what to eat tonight until I saw skirt steak on your list. Now I need skirt steak so you have to feel bad because I now have to go to the store and find some.
Baddabing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:05 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /171 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Oh, on Induction anything tomato is a no-no, I thought. I have no idea what some of those meals are?? Eggs, meat, chicken, only leafy greens, mayo, coconut oil, butter, coffee with hwc and lots of water. That's it for me. Seems to work for a lot of people too. I don't even put Ranch (allowed) on my lettuce anymore.
Bonny-Jean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:25 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/159.4/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
PsychMom, if you're losing with that menu, then I would just keep doing what you're doing, but if you're not, then I would just keep it simple. It's hard for us to know exactly what is in what you're eating. For me, I don't lose when I eat much in the way of veggies, so I stick to meat, eggs, cheese and fats as Bonny said.
MtherGoos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 08:09 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.4/140
Start Date: 1/27/2014
tomatoes? I did not know that and for me its kinda shocking. But then I HATE them so its not one I would have never considered in the first place.
Baddabing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:39 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: snooks86
Stats: 6 ft, Past 270/Present 230/Goal 175 lbs
WOE: Atkins Induction
I lose on tomatoes, so I guess it depends on the person.
snooks86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:04 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
Start Date: 7-22-12
I am not sure what tracker you are using. But almost all trackers are set up for low fat diets. You are on a high fat diet so they aren't going jive. You need to use the track to calculate your percentage of fat, protein and carbs. You should be in the range of 60-65% fat, 30-35% protein and 5% carbs for this way of eating.
Big Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:33 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 250/125(on 4-18-14)/130 BMI=21.5
WOE: Atkins '72 -- Induction Week 1 < 8 carbs
Start Date: Restarted: 5 July 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychmom View Post
I'm starting to get my shopping list together for my first week of Phase 1. The menu the book gives is helpful, but as far as how to flavor the '4-6 oz chicken' or cup of broccoli is where I'm unsure. I don't want to use anything I shouldn't. I put together a sample menu on ************ with recipes from the New Atkins cookbook and the calories and carbs were right on target. But according to *** the daily fat intake was 95 g, 43 g higher than they recommended.

Here's the sample menu I plugged in. Tell me if it looks ok or any recommendations on what to change. All the recipes I used are good for Phase 1 according to the cookbook.

Breakfast: 1 serving frittata Lorraine
Lunch: 1 serving Skirt Steak with Chimichurri. Mixed greens & 2T Creamy Italian dressing
Dinner: 1 serving Jerk Chicken. Mixed greens & 2T Creamy Italian dressing

Does this look like a good day on week 1?

Hey psychmon!
I agree with a lot of what was said earlier. What version of Atkins are you following? I know in A'72 tomatoes are a no-no for week 1 Induction.

I would avoid the tomatoes because they have approx. 1 carb per oz and 2.8 grams of sugar according to the USDA Database. I'd be afraid the sugar in the tomatoes would start cravings.

Wishing you much success in your new journey to this WOE!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill

“This WOE is not a diet,
It’s my salvation, my key to being
Healthy, happy and thinner!”
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote