Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2014, 03:20 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: FoxyLocks311
Stats: 182/166/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 6, 2014
So Frustrated

February has been a rough month for me. I went on a first date and the gentleman was kind enough to take me to my favorite restaurant. I was going to stay strong and order ceviche, but when he suggested nacho appetizers I couldn't resist. The next day, the debauchery continued at my aunt's birthday party, where I was unable to resist Ol'Charley's rolls, which led to a "What the heck! Might as well have fries and fried chicken." I finished off my weekend with barbecue and a chipotle burrito on Sunday.

I got back on plan Monday but have not been able to get back in ketosis. Thankfully, I am just up one pound.

I have a dilemma because I know that the next two weekends will be very difficult for me. I have two more family member's birthdays, one of which is my brother's 21st. I know that I'm going to end up drinking and partying heavily and probably end up eating Taco Bell at 3am.

Should I give up until after my brother's 21st birthday weekend? Should I eat Induction style except on the weekends? It's also near that TOM so I'm tempted to inhale pizza and chocolate. Advice, please.
FoxyLocks311 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2014, 09:15 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.4/140
Start Date: 1/27/2014
Don't know what to tell you. You could wait until your ready and then go for it or try to stay in ketosis while going out so much. Either way just because you are not doing Atkins does not mean you cant be sensible. You could try staying Low Carb i.e. OWL level then sliding back into Ketosis would be easier.
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:37 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kjwalsh
Stats: 205/150/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2013

The key word being "sensible". Because I know how that "just up one pound" turns into 2, then 3...

And looking at your stats, you have lost 16 pounds, congrats! It takes a lot of hard work

For me personally, before I go out, I set limits for myself and then stick to them or else I know I'll regret it the next day

kjwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:59 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
I wouldn't wait for some event before starting the diet. There will always be some event going on so that we would never start eating healthier. I would eat on plan when I could and try my best to eat on plan at these events. If you have to try something off plan, then just make it a smaller portion. Some people can go hardcore with this diet/woe and never cheat. But I personally can't always stay on plan. The trade off is I get slower losses and everyone else faithful to LCing drops weight at a good clip. You just have to decide what is going to work for you. I'm terrible at facing temptation so I feel your pain!
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:10 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lil Moon
I have the same problem right now, my daughter just turned 1 yesterday and I had one party for her last Sunday and one this coming Sunday (my parents are divorced and can't be near each other, so for this year ONLY I am doing two parties). So, SUnday, I thought what the heck and had one small piece of cake. OMG, I was sweating, shaking, ugh, I felt awful! Needless to say, I was back on track by Monday and lost 4 pounds this week. Just try to keep the cheating to the one event and then get right back on the horse. I don't even use the keto strips, so I don't know if I am in Ketosis, which I am glad about bc if I saw I wasn't, I would give up easily. Hope this helps.
Lil Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:29 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/160.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogMom View Post
I wouldn't wait for some event before starting the diet. There will always be some event going on so that we would never start eating healthier. I would eat on plan when I could and try my best to eat on plan at these events. If you have to try something off plan, then just make it a smaller portion. Some people can go hardcore with this diet/woe and never cheat. But I personally can't always stay on plan. The trade off is I get slower losses and everyone else faithful to LCing drops weight at a good clip. You just have to decide what is going to work for you. I'm terrible at facing temptation so I feel your pain!

This is absolutely perfect advice. I AM one of the hardcorers (Is that a word?? ), in that I don't cheat, because nothing is worth it to me right now. Being healthy and being in control and staying in ketosis is more important to me than any temptation that I've come up against, BUT I respect the fact that not everyone feels the same way. You have to make this a way of life, and allow for the fact that once in a while maybe you'll come up against something off plan that you want to indulge in. And that's ok. BUT if you are going off plan every weekend, then this probably won't work for you. You have to make your off plan treats an occasional thing, not a way of life.

It really looks like you've done a great job so far! As BulldogMom said, there will ALWAYS be some event or celebration that will tempt you, but you might want to think about not going off plan for each one of them. Pick and choose very carefully what you really want to "cheat" for.

Started Induction 2/22/13 at 300.6
Mini Goals ~
250 ~ Weight I need to be under to Zip Line in Vegas with my daughter! Made it! 6/4/13
240 ~ Weight I need to be under to go SkyDiving with my niece! Made It!!
225 ~ Halfway There. 75 Down, 75 To Go! MADE IT! In just under 6 months!
199 ~ Onderland Here I Come! Made It!! 11/7/13
166 ~ No Longer Obese - Made it 3/14/14
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:36 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: FoxyLocks311
Stats: 182/166/135
Start Date: January 6, 2014
The night I wrote this post, I was really craving pizza and chocolate. I stayed strong! I ate bacon dipped in ranch dip and a piece of sugar free dark chocolate. I am down another pound.

I thought about staying off plan until after next weekend, but then realized I don't even know what I'd eat. It's actually easier for me to eat low-carb. I'm going to keep going and just cheat on my brother's 21st birthday, but will stick to low carb beer.

Last edited by FoxyLocks311; 02-15-2014 at 06:37 AM..
FoxyLocks311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:37 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyLocks311 View Post
The night I wrote this post, I was really craving pizza and chocolate. I stayed strong! I ate bacon dipped in ranch dip and a piece of sugar free dark chocolate. I am down another pound.

I thought about staying off plan until after next weekend, but then realized I don't even know what I'd eat. It's actually easier for me to eat low-carb. I'm going to keep going and just cheat on my brother's 21st birthday, but will stick to low carb beer.
Yay for being strong and losing a pound! I'll admit that I would probably cheat too. I would just get back on plan at the next meal though. The longer you go off plan the easier it is to give up this life style completely. Have fun!
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:27 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: January 2010
There will always be some reason/event to 'start tomorrow' or go back to your old way of eating. You just have to decide what is important to you and then plan appropriately.

I'm going to take the 'tough love' approach and say that just because your gentleman friend ordered the nachos, it doesn't mean you had to eat them. A simple 'no thank you, but feel free to have them yourself' works. For the birthday parties, if you're truly serious about low carbing, take something with you that you can eat if they won't have anything...and don't drink because that will increase your need to head for the munchies.

If this seems to be too restrictive, then I would suggest finding a WOE that will work better for you. Good luck to you.