Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2014, 01:58 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pgreen6840
Stats: 250/250/195
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Oct 1,2013
Cortisol Roadbloack ~ need advice PLEASE

Well, went to the doctor today and we discussed my lab results. I am very happy I am being proactive and creating my own footprints as I do not fit into anyone else's.
I have several issues ; still maintaing and no weight loss!, My energy level has decreased and my sleep has decreased. I never had any problem, sleeping a sound 7 hours all my life ! My trigycerides have gone up. The biggie is my fasting glucose is 145 possible the Dawn Effect
So , first he says what we are seeing are different children of the same parent. I am like what are you talking about? So, my doctor so patiently ( no pun intended) starts explaining about cortisol and stress. How it causes the liver to release glucose and the muscles get ready to fight or flight. The cortisol prevents the weight to go down, the triglycerides to go up and even on a low carb high fat diet it interrupts teh ability of healthy fats to be converted into energy. Like I should be zooming around after 5 months on this program.
Translated , I have to work on getting my cortisol levels under control. That will have the desired domino effect with all the other issues. According to my doctor there isn't any pill or drug that can do that ! To me that is unacceptable so I have my homework cut out. I am sure that I am not the first case and there is info to be found ( can you say Google ).
To end on a positive note ,my body measurement had decreased and my HDL has gone from 34 to 44. That is a good sign that the food plan is working, Patience and staying cool is the way. I will have to let go and assume the " easy does it" mindset. I do not plan to just give up as I do believe this is a adversity and as the great PHILospher once said" With every adversity there is a seed to an equal or greater opportunity.
I go back in another month to see how I am progressing. In conclusion, for me there is so much more than following this program and so much to be revealed and learned !
Are you having fun yet ........?

Thanks
Phil
pgreen6840 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2014, 02:42 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/27/2014
My wife is getting into essential oils, well actually she is selling them as well so I hear things from her all the time. I can say the deep blue blend really helped me with a foot problem I have and is keeping me from having another round of cortisone shots but now to your problem. I did a quick search on your issue and essential oils and I found a study that you might find interesting. At least if you go this way I cant see you doing something that would negatively affect you. I only scanned it and I know it is via inhalation but people also inject under tongue or in capsule or topical via feet. Anyways hopefully this helps you.

Essential Oil Inhalation on Blood Pressure and Salivary Cortisol Levels in Prehypertensive and Hypertensive Subjects

James

Survive
Baddabing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 04:44 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FitMommyNow
Stats: 280/235/160
WOE: No Sugar, No Grains, No Dairy, No Nuts
Do you consume caffeine? Cutting it out can lower cortisol.
FitMommyNow is online now   Reply With Quote