Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2014, 02:39 PM   #1081
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnPaleoGuy View Post
I'm opting for the rowing machine: more bang for the buck & less impact on the aging joints.
The rowing machine.... looks easy, starts off easy, but then OMG, everything's on fire. Can't breath thru the mouth cause the throat is too dry. Can't breath thru the nose cause it's now on fire!!! LOL. I used to own one of those and I called it the "Killer Machine". Wow, that's a workout. Apparently one of the best machines for a FULL BODY workout.
It uses every major muscle group and if you can handle it then it's probably the best piece of equipment you can use.
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2014, 03:50 PM   #1082
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, bad girl tonight.
Took my ds out for dinner to The Keg Steakhouse.
I had water, filet mignon with house Bearnaise (1 oz) but I had 3 fork fulls of twice baked potato and about 2 oz of sour dough bread. Not a terrible type of food or any amounts to be overly concerned with but for me, that was a HUGE cheat!!
I think I might have been feeling sorry for myself for that measly 5 lbs this month. Oh well, didn't hurt anyone but myself. Tomorrow's another day, right!
Old 02-28-2014, 04:11 PM   #1083
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/127.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Bonny, don't beat yourself up. You enjoyed a little treat and tomorrow starts a new month. Downwards from here!
MtherGoos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:27 PM   #1084
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/27/2014
CdnPaleoGuy I thought for sure you were a cop. You have the patented cop stash and the stern look. But then most cops I know including me served military so I guess it goes hand in hand.

I used to be solely a loner as pertaining to working out. But today I took a giant step and decided to attend a group class that does non iron workouts that build group muscles and make your cardio jump so high that your heart is in your throat and I liked it. I did learn a few things. 1. My core is weak, kinda knew that. 2. shoulders are really weak, mostly knew that and 3. I jump rope like a one year old walks. I did not realize how hard to is to jump rope! I am blaming the shoes.

Doing naked wings tonight, formulating what my March goals are going to be.

Survive

Last edited by Baddabing; 02-28-2014 at 06:28 PM..
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:15 PM   #1085
Major LCF Poster!

Old 02-28-2014, 08:38 PM   #1086
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HockeyMum
Stats: 139/128/118
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
Oh James, I had to laugh, you were talking about all these exercise things, and then said you were doing naked wings tonight. I suddenly thought "what is that, like snow angels or something, but naked?!" I obviously need to go to bed. 2 and 5 year olds huh? The terrible two's are very appropriately named, that's all I'll say. And let's hope those parents remove themselves permanently (did I really say that?) one of these days so you don't have to deal with them, ever. Arb, so completely selfless of you to take in those 2 siblings as well. I hope it gets easier for all of you.
I didn't gain anything from going rogue with the bag of chips yesterday, and even if I did, I'd have worked it off today: we own several rental properties, and we have people living in one house who finally (Hurray!!!!!) moved out today. They haven't paid the utilities, so we've had to cover them, they haven't paid rent for 3 months either, so we are out thousands of dollars, and when we went up today to make sure they were moving, the place looked like an episode of Hoarders had just been filmed there. They had moved all their stuff out, but the filth, the dirt, the crud. Nothing like hours of cleaning someone else's dirt to keep a girl in shape. This was a house that we bought from a dear friend's family after he died 2 years ago, renovated completely and then rented. Our friend must have been spinning in his grave at the state these people kept the house in. Never again will I let my husband choose tenants. I hated the guy on sight (I was a recruiter for 20 years and I have great instincts) and should have trusted my gut feel. He and his wife must be the laziest people on the face of the planet. And they have two little kids living in there and she runs a daycare. Disgusting. I'm another one who hates exercise so I guess they did me a favour with the workout I had. Anyhoo, worked at it all day, then drove an hour home (that's why we'd only monitored it a couple of times in the 2 years) and kind of grabbed whatever was handy to eat, which included some shortbread cookies with my cup of tea. Oh well, March tomorrow, maybe that spreadsheet will make me much more accountable. Congrats on the losses, and the non-gains, looks like we all kept each other motivated. Looking forward to a new start tomorrow. Sending a group hug to all of you who have made me feel so very welcome here after I nearly got kicked off my first day. xoxo.
HockeyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:41 PM   #1087
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HockeyMum
Stats: 139/128/118
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
Oh, and to pcaltman: your ability to reply to every single one of us and remember what we said astounds me! I bow down to you
HockeyMum is offline   Reply With Quote