Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2014, 04:52 PM   #1051
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GyspySixpence
Stats: 194.8/150.8/Restart 174.2 CW: 143.8 GW135 (5'3")
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: June 5, 2012/Restart November 29, 2013
James, I know I won't regret going. I would much rather see people before they go than go to their funeral. I haven't seen my uncle since he came home right before my grandpa (his father) passed in July 2002 of pancreatic cancer.

I don't regret spending that last week with my MIL no matter how many issues we had.

We got word a little while ago that they managed to get some kind of drain into him for his gallbladder. Hopefully, that will make him more comfortable.

February is just a crummy month. Lost my aunt and then my father (exactly 1 week apart) 2 years ago. My dad died on Leap Day, there isn't even an anniversary but once every 4 years! My MIL died 12 days ago. Now my uncle is so sick.

I think I shall go spend every February from now on on some tropical island paradise and drink pina coladas for the entire month! Now to win the lottery and make it happen!!!
GyspySixpence is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2014, 05:00 PM   #1052
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Sorry to hear such a sweet girl like you has to endure so much heart ache.
Big hugs Michelle.
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:22 PM   #1053
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HockeyMum
Stats: 139/128/118
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
Oh my goodness! Just read 3 pages.....Mothergoose, I'm so sorry about your horrible day, and especially the loss of your beloved dog. We lost our Chocolate Lab, Coach, 10 years or so ago and I couldn't even look at another Chocolate Lab for years without crying. They truly are like one of the family and until you have a dog (I'd never had one) you have no idea what it's like to have one pass away. I hope your BF's daughter is on the mend. And Gypsy.... so much sadness really isn't fair and I'm sorry that you are having to deal with it all. Your uncle is so young, 51, and to think both he and your grandpa had the same thing. Pancreatic Cancer is brutal. Everyone I know who has had it has passed away. I truly think there is something to the natural treatments people are looking to these days, as chemo definitely doesn't seem to work on that type of cancer. There is a treatment called the "Budwig Principle" which sounds very interesting, and -- funny enough -- eliminates all sugar/glucose from the diet. Cancer feeds on sugar. I hope your uncle, if he's unable to fight this final battle successfully, at least passes in peace without pain.
Don't forget, if you do go to that tropical isle for the next month of February, you have to drink your WEIGHT in Pina Coladas..... sorry, trying to make you smile.
And James, thank you for sharing your adoption story. It's so frustrating, when so many stupid young people are popping out babies left, right and centre, and you and your wife have to face struggles like this just to provide a loving home to a child that is so dearly wanted. Bless you for taking in these children. How old are they? I'd love to know how they are doing (thriving, I'm sure) in a safe, loving environment.
As for the February Challenge, I did so well until this morning. I hadn't lost any more but hadn't gained. Was waiting for a whoosh....Had an appointment today for a little "spa treatment" I was treating myself too (I know, sounds so vain) and it got cancelled. The doctor was sick, turns out that was the best thing ever as it was almost an hour's drive away and we then had a 96 car pileup on the main highway north of here, so God was looking out for me, I'm sure. But I was so disappointed, I went to do my grocery shopping, came home, and ate an ENTIRE bag of Sour Cream and Onion Lays potato chips (a big freaking bag). I've never done that. Ever. Disgusted with myself, and went right back on plan for dinner, although I am having some more of that wimpy wine (James) with my steak. Oh, speaking of steak, Walmart sells those Angus Steaks, $25 (probably cheaper in the US) for 10 really good steaks, or for 14 sandwich steaks, which we had tonight. They are seasoned and absolutely delicious. Probably the best steaks we've ever had. My hubby loves them, and for $2.50 a steak, less for the 14, they are a great price. They even come with free steak spice. You can cut them with a fork, they are so tender.
Anyway, enough from me. My thighs hurt from the 30 squats I did this morning in my own personal squat challenge...lol. See everyone in the morning. Let's hope those potato chips don't put me up toooooo much
HockeyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:42 PM   #1054
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/184/145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
HockeyMum sad to say I Have eatten an entire bag of chips like that before Lol! But it was the Lays sweet southern heat kind. Oh man!
I ended up having an Atkins Frozen dinner for supper. DD ate with the Grandparents, DS is having pork steak and hubs is having a burger. Nothing sounded good to me since my head is pounding.
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:49 PM   #1055
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Thanks so much to everyone for all the support and kind words!

And HockeyMom, I've also easily eaten an ENTIRE BIG bag of chips in one sitting..... on more than one occasion!
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:38 PM   #1056
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GyspySixpence
Stats: 194.8/150.8/Restart 174.2 CW: 143.8 GW135 (5'3")
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: June 5, 2012/Restart November 29, 2013
The number of people getting pancreatic cancer is growing. And it's very scary. My grandfather from diagnosis to his passing was 3 weeks. I am thankful that we could get his sons here (from Arizona and Montana) in time to say goodbye. And not so long that my grandpa had to suffer for long. My Arizona uncle has actually beaten two Stage 4 cancers in his life. The men on that side of the family are as tough as nails, but most don't seem to live to an old age. When my grandpa turned 70, he became the longest lived male for the 6 generations back that we could trace. The women seem to live forever on that side.

I actually do know one survivor of pancreatic cancer. She's been a dear friend of the family for about 50 years now. She's one of the nicest people I've ever met. She's actually beaten breast cancer twice (once in her 30s and again in her late 40s) and about 7 years ago, she went in for a bad gallbladder. Anyhoo, when they went in to do her surgery, they spotted the tumor. Stage 1. The only time they find it that early is sheer luck. If she hadn't needed the gallbladder out, they never would have found it as early as they did. I ran into her a month or so ago at the store. She looks and feels wonderful.

And thank you all for your good wishes. It is rough. And it's going to be rough. I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for what I'll see when I get there tomorrow. I just remember trying to prepare the few people outside of the family that I let into the ICU to see my DH after his stroke. I would tell them that he had a PICC line with 5 IVs running into his right arm, a single IV in the left hand, a drain into his brain with tubing running out of his head (and that his head was partially shaved), a ventilator, a catheter for urine, cuffs on his legs to help prevent clots, feeding tube dropped down his nose. I tried to prepare them without scaring the snot out of them. It didn't work.
GyspySixpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:57 PM   #1057
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/27/2014
HockeyMum – They are now 2 and 5. Both are probably a little behind but nothing drastic. The 5 year old could have started kindergarten this year but we are holding off till next year. The 2 year old is EVERYTHING you read about as pertaining to 2 years old but he will break out of it. I think his immune system is weal but how would you really know. They both will be smaller kids but I am 5’3” and it never stopped me from being a Marine, a Cop and an all around bad a++. Well that last part may be over exaggerating. I’ll get those steaks if I can find them locally.

So I am done tonight after a pork steak and green beans. 810 calories and 14 carbs. I would eat more but am firkin stuffed. I went to the running store and bought a belt that is made to keep your phone and keys while you run. My phone has been bouncing around and the clip is tearing up my skin. While there I explained that I think I will be road kill because I don’t get on the road till the sun goes down. He dug around in the back and came out with some snap bands that were reflective and just threw them in for free. He rocked, I live that store.

This morning I was looking at myself in the mirror when I was dressing wondering when I will not be gross naked and I kept thinking this body I am looking at was sooooo familiar. Then driving to work I realized what it was. I look like a biggest looser contestant when they start losing weight so the rib area is looking good but they still have that weird belly love handle combo. I would like that to go away now.

Anyway as soon as my belly is not stuffed I am going to take my new gear out for a test driver er I mean run. TTFN

Survive
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:22 PM   #1058
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: arb34
Stats: 222/197.8/150
Start Date: restarted 1/2/2014
James, my husband and I adopted 2 brothers when they were 2 and 4 years old..they are now almost 17 and 19. We had already raised our 2 birth children and thought we could handle this too. It has certainly been a ride for sure!!!
arb34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:04 AM   #1059
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/158.6/149
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Happy Friday to us all.
I really have enjoyed reading everyone's posts....I hope its a good day for all of us....I will be thinking of you Gypsy, take care and sending more hugs.
mthrgoos, how are you holding up today....it takes a while to kind of come to terms with losing one of your babies...I really feel for you xxx
James what you and you wife have done is amazing, I wish I could hug you as well, and arb34 its a good job there are people like you in the world, making a difference x
hockeymom you said everything I wanted to say but couldn't find the words xxxxx and so glad you didn't go to your spa session.

1st Feb 165
28th Feb 161.8
Old 02-28-2014, 04:19 AM   #1060
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Y'all

Morning Sandy.
Yay, it's Friday is right!! Was really hoping to hit 179 this morning but no luck. Maybe due to not eating enough the last couple days. Think this is my least amount lost this month. Thank God tomorrow is March 1st. Whoo-hoo.
Leg cramps had me up at 3 am. My mag and pot are perfectly normal so don't know how to fix this. Too much or too little water doesn't seem to matter??

Hope you have a great day.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:57 AM   #1061
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: arb34
Stats: 222/197.8/150
Start Date: restarted 1/2/2014
Good Morning!!!
Bonnie Jean, I was up with you with the legs last night. Had stayed home yesterday with fever and chills so slept a lot had trouble sleeping so that may have made the legs more noticeable.
Sandy1, Thanks for the kind words......it has been the hardest thing that I have ever done and it's not done yet, probably never will be... but I wish our society would take more notice of the dangers of drugs during pregnancy.....both of my boys will pay for their Birth Mom's stupid choices for the rest of their lives...and so will I! And Birth Mom just has more kids and is off pretending she never did anything wrong Off my soapbox now LOL

Feb 1.....207.6
Feb 2.....2076
Feb 3.....207.6
Feb 4.....206.2
Feb 5.....205.8
Feb 6.....205.4
Feb 7.....205
Feb 8.....206
Feb 9.....205.4
Feb 10...205.4
Feb 11...205.4
Feb 12...204.2
Feb 13...DNW
Feb 14...204.2
Feb 15...205.4
Feb 16...206.8
Feb 17...202.2
Feb 18...204.8
Feb 19...205.4
Feb 20...204.8
Feb 21...206
Feb 22...204.8
Feb 23...204.2
Feb 24...204
Feb 25...203.2
Feb 26...204.8
Feb 27...203.8
Feb 28...203
arb34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:40 AM   #1062
Major LCF Poster!

Bonny Jean, wow way to go woman....I am impressed by your stats, its really motivating.....sorry your legs are still playing you up, did the doctor have any advice, have you thought of exercise before bed, stretching your calf muscles out, I hate exercise.....but you could try it just once to see if it helps.

Arb...I agree...something should be done, I used to know someone who was on her 6th child, she was doing ketamine, cocaine, you name it she was doing it through every single one of her pregnancies, ....when you think about it if the baby was born and she fed the child drugs she would be charged and put in jail....so I don't see what the difference is.....it makes my blood boil....

Last edited by Sandy1; 02-28-2014 at 05:43 AM..
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:47 AM   #1063
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tried to find yesterdays weigh in but can't. Humm lol

February goal lose as much as possible!
And do some kind of exercise Everyday!
Feb 1st- 151.4
Feb 2nd- 149.8
Feb 3rd- 150.3
Feb 4th- 149.8
Feb 5th- 149.8
Feb 6th- 149.8
Feb 7th- 151.0
Feb 8th- 151.2
Feb 9th- 151.6
Feb 10th- 152
Feb 11th- 152.6
Feb 12th- 152.8
Feb 13th- 152.6
Feb 14th- 152.8
Feb 15th- 15
Feb 16th- 154!
Feb 17th- 155.2
Feb 18th- 155.8
Feb 19th- 156.2!
Feb 20th- 155.4
Feb 21st- 153.8! Thank God!
Feb 22nd- 154
Feb 23rd- 152.8
Feb 24th- 155.2! WTH!
Feb 25th- 156.2! Again WTH!?!
Feb 26th- 156.0
Feb 27th ??
Feb 28th- 154.2
*Quit Smoking Jan 5th 2014!!*

Starting Again! Lost 67 lbs then gained a lot back
Old 02-28-2014, 06:17 AM   #1064
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tiggy
Stats: 84.6kg/76.8kg/60kg
Start Date: 3 March 2013
Happy end of month everyone!

Mothergoos, so sorry for the loss of your little one. I'm a cat person and understand how terrible it can be when they leave us. Give extra cuddles to the others. I watched the Colonel Meow chat today (he died a couple weeks ago) and his owner did a webcam, there couldn't be a dry eye anywhere. I shed a few for your furbaby. Congrats on the yoga lesson - something to take up?

Gypsy, I'm so sorry for all the upset in your family. I hope things get better for everyone involved soon. You can hang out on any island you like for Feb in future! Just remember, you don't have to be strong all the time.

Princess, Re your thyroid, a low reverse T3 is good (a high means you are not converting), you want higher FT3 and FT4 (in the upper 3/4 of the ranges). If your endo is not NT friendly, I can look up on the Yahoo group who might be a good one in your area? Also, I know you said you were feeling depressed - check your B12 and ferritin levels as these can impact as well as insufficient thyroid function. Check out eBay for your running shoes, if you remember what previous ones you have, its easy to find new ones at bargain prices! Have you tried the five finger barefoots? I bought a pair at xmas time and think they are wonderful!

Bonny, blood serum levels of mag and pot may not reflect what is available so its best you continue with supplementing, try a natural spray magnesium as its better absorbed and you can target your legs. I found one in Ontario for my mum so am pretty sure you should be able to find it in MB. Also, try adding extra Himalayan salt to your food, this should help as sodium deficiency can trigger cramps. An epsom salt bath can also help.

Sandy, how are your dance moves coming along??? I tried doing that at home (usually during my lunch break) and my cats just look at me as if I'm off my rocker! I switched it for salsa lessons which was actually more fun and that led to bellydancing which was even more fun as you get to buy sparkly jingly stuff!

Hope you feel better soon arb!

Hockeymum, its a temporary blip, it happens (they are delicious.... But I would have gone for ketchup, personally!!!) so just forget about it and hit the reset button. Feeling guilty and over-thinking about it will often lead to that moment, well, I've screwed it all up so might as well eat the house. Just draw the line, avoid the scale for a few days if that helps and get back to lc.

Snooki, omg oreos, satan's food!!! Be soooo glad your friend removed them from your presence! I need more friends like that - mine think its good to give me chocolate and sweets for birthdays so I have to drop them off at doctors offices or throw them out!

This has been a strange month - started and finished at roughly the same, 76.5kg even after way too many pina coladas! This week has been odd, the past three nights have been craving yoghurt-covered banana chips and eaten about 200g worth in the last three days. No idea why, I hate yoghurt, banana chips are okay. I gave in after three days of craving as figured it was best to eat them instead of finding nothing fulfilling. Last night, I then added a bunch of jamaican jerk mini samosas to the list. No clue. Must be TOM soon? Anyway, line is drawn and have meals planned out for next few days so will be okay.

Went back to my roots this month and started doing BodyPump at the gym (on my own in a studio) using my old instructors tapes, 3x a week plus my HIIT session also 3x a week and added in pilates (I paid for around 100 semi-private sessions a few years ago but haven't been able to use them due to my surgeries). Still topping up with the powerplate. Whilst I haven't had losses, I have changed my shape with a more defined waist and horrible bigger legs from building yet more quads and hams (my legs are so easy to build, its ridiculous).

One day, you might find something that makes you enjoy the gym. I was 110kg and living in Melbourne and joined a gym. They were really nice and made me feel welcome. They took me to a BodyPump class and I did the first one with no weight on the bar and struggled. But after a couple more goes, I found I just loved the music so much that I actually enjoyed coming. That led to BodyCombat, swimming every day, walking the 5km home after the gym. I dropped 40kg that year.

When I moved to the UK, I joined my work gym and kept doing BodyPump on my own then the stair master because I had some excellent music that would distract me. When I moved to London, I moved near my current gym because of the classes. I had at least one favourite instructor in every area and at least one class a day I enjoyed - spinning, pump, latin dance, pilates, aqua aerobics. Anyway, my point is all it took was that first BodyPump class to see I could find something to enjoy at the gym - so it was social and fitness for me combined that kept me going. It doesn't have to be at a gym - it could be dance, tennis, group walking, etc. you will find something you enjoy enough to do regardless of it being exercise!

Right, signing off as need to get some work done. Best wishes to everyone today, see you in the March group tomorrow!
Tiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:27 AM   #1065
Major LCF Poster!

Tiggy what an amazing post....you also just made me feel like joining a gym...how weird is that as I hate even the word exercise, but thinking of all that music etc made me envy you...something for me to think about....thanks for such a good read...
Old 02-28-2014, 06:29 AM   #1066
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 175/170/130 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Good morning all,

James - Thank you for your service. My hubby was a Marine. Love them
arb - Great job
Sandy - Good weight loss
Bonny - when I have leg cramps I have to eat more spinach or broccoli then it gets better
Michelle - You have been through too much for one person. Praying for you and your family
Mthergood - hi
Shelly - hope your head feels better
Hockeymum - Don't worry about the chips too much.
Tiggy - Hi

Weight:
Feb 1 - 169 (tom)
Feb 2 - 169 (tom)
Feb 3 - 171.5 (tom)
Feb 4 - 172
Feb 5 - 170
Feb 6 - 169.5
Feb 7 - 169.5
Feb 11 - 169.5
Feb 12 - 169
Feb 13 - 169
Feb 14 - 168
Feb 15 - 168
Feb 16 - 167.5
Feb 17 - 168
Feb 21 - 170
Feb 22 - 170 (tom)
Feb 23 - 169 (tom)
Feb 24 - 169 (tom)
Feb 25 - 169 (tom)
Feb 26 - 169 (tom)
Feb 27 - 168 (tom)
Feb 28 - 169 I give up (ok not really but damn....)
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:24 AM   #1067
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Tiggy! I usually read Mary sholoman (sp) she is such a Huge refrence for Thyroid problems. I have a list already made with the tests I want ran. Hopefully he'll go along with it and do them! If Not then i'll be on the hunt yet again for a new Endo! Grrr
Old 02-28-2014, 07:38 AM   #1068
Senior LCF Member

She's v good too Princess! I really like Dr Lowe for his forward thinking about fibro and hypo (shame he died last year). I've been seeing Skinner here in the UK after finding him on TPA UK and others discussing him on STTM whoch I find brilliant.

Best of luck with him, and if he doesn't listen, sack him and find someone who does :-)

Get dancing Sandy, promise there is something out there for everyone to enjoy!

Pcaltman, its been a tough month - we have been pretty much exactly the same all month, but no gain is not something to sniff at considering gaining is always an option due to silly hormones!
Old 02-28-2014, 08:26 AM   #1069
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy1 View Post
Bonny Jean, wow way to go woman....I am impressed by your stats, its really motivating

Thank you but really?? 5 lbs??

sorry your legs are still playing you up, have you thought of exercise before bed.
Hmm, I think about a lot of things before bed but guaranteed exercise ain't one of them!!
Old 02-28-2014, 08:28 AM   #1070
Major LCF Poster!

To funny lol...
Old 02-28-2014, 08:29 AM   #1071
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcaltman View Post
Bonny - when I have leg cramps I have to eat more spinach or broccoli then it gets better
Eeeww... well, I guess I'll never know if that would've worked for me.
Thanks though Pam.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:54 AM   #1072
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nikki
Stats: 185/131/120
WOE: Low-carb Vegetarian
Start Date: November 20, 2013
Having a crisis last night/this morning (I'll explain Monday) and now I have no time to read and catch up on the thread because I have to leave for my weekend conference/retreat.

Just posting to say I made my February goal which was to lose eight pounds:

Goal for Feb: lose eight pounds

2/1: 154.4
2/28: 145.8

I will be setting a similar goal for March. 1.75 pounds a week maybe, since it's getting harder as I lose more.

I am going on a (much needed) retreat for the weekend so for the next three days, all bets are off. I am going to try REALLY HARD to stay on plan. I am bringing all my own foods to supplement the healthy (but carb-loaded) vegetarian food they have at the conference center. Even bringing some of my chocoperfection candy bars for desserts!

Praying I keep my self-control and don't gain 10 pounds at the retreat. Also pray for this other problem I may be having related to identity theft, which I don't have time to go into right now.

nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:59 AM   #1073
Senior LCF Member

arb34 – Because we are doing an open adoption with the grandparents I am concerned about when mom and dad try to come back into their lives. But we take a lot of steps to ensure we don’t get “surprised” so I guess we shall see. The way they are going they probably won’t live long anyway.

Bonny-Jean – Hows your salt intake? If your too diluted I could see that being a problem.

Sandy1 – I agree with you but I must say this…. When I was a police office I have had to on more than on occasion and in one very intesnce situation take a new born from the mother and charge her with various crimes due to a blood test most do not know get done to your baby when it is born.

Tiggy – I predict a potassium deficiency of which bananas usually rock at. Body craves what it needs sometimes.

All this talk about gyms is odd because I have agreed to go to a gym with some coworkers tonight and be subjected to the jump up and down roll all around type workout with them. I pulled my calf last night running so I am desperately trying to work out the kinks. I am walking on it which is better than last night. I accidentally put on different shoes than my running shoes and did not realize it even though the whole run I was wondering why the road felt so hard against my feet. I REALLY need more sleep!

Just wondering. I am one of those spread sheet, coordinator kind of guys who gets all excited when someone needs pretty boxes and columns etc. Has it ever been done or would it be beneficial at the beginning of the month to have everyone’s goals in some single post to 1. Be easily referable and 2. Make people accountable. Then at the end of the month report if successful or not? Just a thought and I would volunteer if there was not already something like that in place.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:12 AM   #1074
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LoriAS
Stats: 218.2/175.4/128
Start Date: 9/17/12
Feb 2 - 181.2
Feb 14 - 176.6
Feb 24 - DNW
Feb 25 - 179.8
Feb 26 - 178.2
Feb 27 - 178.2
Feb 28 - 178.0

Ending on a downward trend, but still wish it was lower as I'm sure we all do.

Looking forward to a productive March!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:52 AM   #1075
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning Everyone! Well, I was hoping to lose one more pound, and end the month in the 160's, but it didn't happen. Bouncing around between 170-172, so I guess I just need to stay off the scale for a while and wait it out. I'll get there, hopefully next month. Bonny, this was my lowest month for weight loss too, down just 6.2 pounds for the month.

James, some kind of chart would be pretty cool. Plus, it would be nice to see those downwards trends actually on paper, or computer, every month.

I am continuing to keep up with my walking. I'm up to doing about 50 minutes (one episode of Biggest Loser! LOL) at 3.2. For someone that hasn't exercised in YEARS, it's a good start. I do like the yoga too, but getting away from the shop to get to the classes is a little difficult. I will try to make a yoga class once a week if I can, but I can definitely commit to the treadmill because I can do that any time.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:46 AM   #1076
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DairyQueen
Stats: 5'6" 189/141/130
WOE: Atkins induction plus wine/light beer
Start Date: restarted 3/9/12
Hello everyone! I am SO SORRY that i haven't been here much this past month.... and I want to congratulate all the losers and everyone else who stuck to their eating plans!!! I haven't weighed at all this month -- but i will perhaps tomorrow. oh i have such swollen feet today!
Mthrgoos I am so sorry about your poor pup, and i hope that your BF's daughter is mending. Gypsy - same for you.
And everyone else who has been going through tough times this miserable -- did I say MISERABLE month? what crummy weather! i do not want to even peek at my gas bill!

I am wearing my size 4 jeans today, though, and the bathing suit looked pretty good in Miami (all except sagging skin, and i can't do anything about that except for surgery, which aint gonna happen!)

see you ALL -- NEXT MONTH!!!!!!!

First started Atkins April 1, 2002.
Lost 40 pounds back then and maintained for almost 8 years...then carb creep crept. I've always been low carb, but went hard core again in March 2012.
Hey! You don't have to drink all that water!
DairyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:49 AM   #1077
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi DQ! I bet your bathing suit looked FANTASTIC! And let's not even discuss sagging skin.....
Old 02-28-2014, 12:27 PM   #1078
Senior LCF Member

Baddabing, potasium deficiency made me laugh! I couldn't have chose the worst thing if it was true, sadly, I think it was the sweet coating and texture that got me!

Just a quickie - did anyone see the write up of the new anti-lc book? Its called the Low Carb Fraud by Campbell. Its bound to get some people talking away.

Of course, it's not based on research, just his uninformed opinions which he based upon the China study.

If you have any friends who don't like lc, expect some comments soon... I send my friends away with copies of thr Diet Delusion!

Must dash, baking a brown butter pecan cheesecake for a friend's birthday! I'm just hoping I can resist a slice tomorrow, but maybe will enjoy a couple spoon fulls, just to make sure its okay...
Old 02-28-2014, 12:39 PM   #1079
Senior LCF Member

None of my friends can read so I am good to go.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:14 PM   #1080
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CdnPaleoGuy
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: January 2014
Afternoon folks,
Guess I better get in the habit of checking in more often: you folks are busy!
MotherGoose: I felt the same way when my 1st JRT died of kidney failure; I almost drove off the road going to work I was so distracted!
Gyspy: sorry for your loss.
I missed the name of who was talking about thyroid; seems everyone watching their salt intake could be the problem.
Baddabing - Military; never heard of using lemon grass oil for joint/tendon pain?
Well despite the "advice" from a scrawny <30 yr old about cardio, I'm opting for the rowing machine: more bang for the buck & less impact on the aging joints.
Was at a fancy sit down dinner last night & the main course was served on a huge bed of mashed potatoes!
I ended up eating the meat & some of the potatoes with as much butter as I could get. While everyone else was having cake & ice cream, I got the berries with pineapple slices. No heavy cream however
Didn't bother with the pineapple. So, not expecting any major losses put pants aren't skin tight.
LoriAS: be warned; geocaching can be a very addictive hobby
CdnPaleoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote