Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2014, 12:53 PM   #421
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: FattyBoBatty
Stats: 250.4/224/150 (5'4")
WOE: South Beachin' Atkins
Start Date: January 6, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimuae View Post
Twisted Tuesday for sure,

I am in full ketosis, nice dark pink stick and dragon breath~ following the plan to the letter, but this mornings weigh in showed a +.6 gain.

Pfffttttt..... I think that means that I am just going to enjoy a really nice whoosh in the next few days.....

That will be my mantra til it happens..... that and I'll probably dial back a little on portions.

Off for my power walk, have a great day!
Same here with a purple stick last night and the dragon breath this morning. Yet I weigh myself and it's a +4.6 gain from Sunday's 230.0lbs.
FattyBoBatty is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2014, 12:58 PM   #422
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/27/2014
The reason why I am so curious how Canada does things is because we will probably be just like you in a few short years the way things are going right now.

MtherGoos - Good for you if all else fails you will weight the same AND you will be more fit. Sometimes even just moving your weight around makes all the difference as far a clothes go.

My wife is trying to kill me! I was just told that one of her clients just dropped off tickets to go to a high society event where they bring in top chiefs and whatever you call people who make chocolate in from around the world to wow you with their skills and such on Sunday. There will be piles of high end chocolate there. The tickets cost like 250 each just to get in therefore she could not say no. I am a foodie (i.e. I would rather have a plate with tiny awesome food than belly up to the troth of so so food) so..... Its odd how nothing like this has occurred for years and I waited till after holidays before starting yet here we go.

Survive
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:59 PM   #423
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/176/140-145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Managed to get some Ab and leg work in today! Yay me Lol! Had awful insomnia last night so So tired today and Unmotivated to do anything. I Have to start working out More! I seriously want a super cute swimsuit this year! and stomach is still a Hot Mess so I gotta get busy! Plus I need to do it Now when I have No excuse not to!
Having homemade pizza tonight. I usually make mine w/ No crust and lots of veggies. Can't wait!
princessmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:05 PM   #424
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/127.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Shelly, you're making me hungry! And it's much too early here to be thinking about dinner! LOL I think we're just throwing some Rib Eye Steaks on the grill tonight. That's my usual stand by, and one of my favorites!
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:14 PM   #425
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nimuae
Stats: 296/190.0/165
WOE: Atkins -currently Atkins 72 Induction week 1
Start Date: Restart - 01/24/14
[My wife is trying to kill me! I was just told that one of her clients just dropped off tickets to go to a high society event where they bring in top chiefs and whatever you call people who make chocolate in from around the world to wow you with their skills and such on Sunday. There will be piles of high end chocolate there. The tickets cost like 250 each just to get in therefore she could not say no. I am a foodie (i.e. I would rather have a plate with tiny awesome food than belly up to the troth of so so food) so..... Its odd how nothing like this has occurred for years and I waited till after holidays before starting yet here we go.[/QUOTE]

Proof that God has a perverse sense of humor

As one Foodie to another ~ I would just make it a planned cheat day and enjoy it, then back on the wagon the day after
Nimuae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:34 PM   #426
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddabing View Post
The reason why I am so curious how Canada does things is because we will probably be just like you in a few short years the way things are going right now.

MtherGoos - Good for you if all else fails you will weight the same AND you will be more fit. Sometimes even just moving your weight around makes all the difference as far a clothes go.

My wife is trying to kill me! I was just told that one of her clients just dropped off tickets to go to a high society event where they bring in top chiefs and whatever you call people who make chocolate in from around the world to wow you with their skills and such on Sunday. There will be piles of high end chocolate there. The tickets cost like 250 each just to get in therefore she could not say no. I am a foodie (i.e. I would rather have a plate with tiny awesome food than belly up to the troth of so so food) so..... Its odd how nothing like this has occurred for years and I waited till after holidays before starting yet here we go.
I have to agree with Nimuae but then again, its going to take me twice as long to reach goal because I'm one to seize the moment too often. But if this is an experience that might not ever happen again, you might regret missing out. You can go and not sample anything or you can sample a few items and get right back on plan. On a side note, I think the chocolate makers are called chocolatiers. My spelling might be wrong though.
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:26 PM   #427
Senior LCF Member

I agree with all of you. I will go, I will enjoy, and I will hit it hard the following Monday. Probably with gas and such but that's the way it is.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:28 PM   #428
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Quote:
Not a problem, dear... I just like to answer questions directed at me. LOL.
Anyway, speaking for myself, I think this is a wonderful program and I don't understand why some Americans are so against it? We pay ridiculous taxes for garbage pick up for goodness sakes so wouldn't anyone be okay with paying a little tax for virtually unlimited doctor and hospital care?? Can you really put a price on that kind of peace of mind??? We don't have health care that discriminates between poor and rich. We can go to a doctor with no worries of money. We will all age so we'll all need more health care at some time. I couldn't imagine trying to find money for serious things. I've seen people have to mortgage their homes to pay doctor/hospital bills. It just boggles my mind. Down the road more people might really understand the benefit of healthcare for everyone and it might save lives as well.
Know what I mean, Vern?? LOL
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:31 PM   #429
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post
Not a problem, dear... I just like to answer questions directed at me. LOL.
Anyway, speaking for myself, I think this is a wonderful program and I don't understand why some Americans are so against it? We pay ridiculous taxes for garbage pick up for goodness sakes so wouldn't anyone be okay with paying a little tax for virtually unlimited doctor and hospital care?? Can you really put a price on that kind of peace of mind??? We don't have health care that discriminates between poor and rich. We can go to a doctor with no worries of money. We will all age so we'll all need more health care at some time. I couldn't imagine trying to find money for serious things. I've seen people have to mortgage their homes to pay doctor/hospital bills. It just boggles my mind. Down the road more people might really understand the benefit of healthcare for everyone and it might save lives as well.
Know what I mean, Vern?? LOL
I could go into why we're against it but I think the post would be deleted and me reprimanded. But basically what you wrote sounds wonderful, but isn't the reality of what's happening.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:38 PM   #430
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogMom View Post
I could go into why we're against it but I think the post would be deleted and me reprimanded. But basically what you wrote sounds wonderful, but isn't the reality of what's happening.
Exactly this.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:39 PM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
There will be piles of high end chocolate there.
OMG, you're braver than me!! I have to agree that you should attend, of course.. sounds pretty fancy shmancy!! Wow, for me that would be like sending an alcoholic to OktoberFest. LOL. Maybe you could just search out the darkest, purest chocolate???
Old 02-11-2014, 04:44 PM   #432
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogMom View Post
Okay girls... LOL. I will admit I don't know the particulars of what's being presented by your President. I was under the impression it was to be a mirror image of ours and other countries that have it. My opinions were of course my own and up here, and again, my personal opinion, it's working for me!!
I apologize for being naive about your particular details. I didn't mean to upset anyone.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:48 PM   #433
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Okay girls... LOL. I will admit I don't know the particulars of what's being presented by your President. I was under the impression it was to be a mirror image of ours and other countries that have it. My opinions were of course my own and up here, and again, my personal opinion, it's working for me!!
I apologize for being naive about your particular details. I didn't mean to upset anyone.
Bonnie, there is NO NEED for an apology. From you, ever. No, what you have there sounds WONDERFUL, our reality is just a little different. But there is no need for an apology. I've always wanted to visit Canada. My daughter just found out that her work is sending her there in August. I'm so jealous!
Old 02-11-2014, 04:49 PM   #434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
OMG, you're braver than me!! I have to agree that you should attend, of course.. sounds pretty fancy shmancy!! Wow, for me that would be like sending an alcoholic to OktoberFest. LOL. Maybe you could just search out the darkest, purest chocolate???
That's how I would feel too, like an alcoholic at a bar! If it was me, I'd probably have to pass. But we all know how oddly obsessive I am about this whole process!
Old 02-11-2014, 05:31 PM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GyspySixpence
Stats: 194.8/150.8/Restart 174.2 CW: 143.8 GW135 (5'3")
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: June 5, 2012/Restart November 29, 2013
February 1: 156.8 (squats/arm weights/crunches)
February 2: 158.4 (crunches)
February 3: 158.4 (squats/arm weights/crunches)
February 4: 157 (squats/crunches)
February 5: 157 (squats/crunches/arm weights-just deltoids and triceps...elbow is killing to much for bicep work, 90 minutes of shoveling snow)
February 6: 156.2 (finally a day of rest...not really, I need to shovel some more)
February 7: 156.2 (100!!! squats, arm weights, push ups, a lame plank)
February 8: 155.8 (105 squats, about 10 pushups, another lame plank)
February 9: 155.6 (110 squats, arm weights-focused on triceps)
February 10: 156.2 Sigh (Today is a rest day! No squats for me! Woot!)
February 11: 155.4

February goals: Complete the 30 day squat challenge that I was crazy enough to join to with my crazy friend!

Figure out a planking/push-ups routine for my ab work.
Arm weight routine every other day (as tolerated). Damn tennis elbow is still with me.

Weight goal: 147...but to be honest, I will be thrilled to see anything in the 140s. I haven't seen the 140s since early 1998!

So the experiment worked. I was down .8 this morning. I usually do not weigh myself until after I have been up for a little while. I pee, weigh myself, do my 20 minutes of Coconut Oil pulling, then brush my teeth. By that time, I have to pee again, so I pee and then weigh. I'm always about .4 lighter for that weigh in 20-30 minutes after I get up.

So I did my preliminary weight. Climbed back into bed because I was cold and tired and wanted to just be a bum under the covers a little bit longer. And then the phone rang at 8am. It was my sister-in-law. Her mother was admitted to the hospital late last night. She told us that my MIL (actually DH's step-mom. She's been married to DH's dad for 42 years) was about to die. She's end-stage COPD (she's been smoking for over 50 years). She managed to weather the crisis of earlier today, but she really doesn't have much more time on this earth. Maybe a few days. She is DNR and does not want extraordinary measures. I admire her bravery. She's tired. Every single breath she takes is a struggle like I have never seen. We spent most of the day with her and the rest of the family at the hospital. They are trying to arrange hospice so that she can pass at home. I know there is no way out of this for her. There will be no miracle to save her. I am just hoping that she will have as comfortable a passing as she can have. My next worry is my father-in-law. He's a 2 pack a day smoker. He's an alcoholic (as is DH's step-mom). I don't think he will get through this. I think that once she passes, that he will not be far behind and will quickly drink himself to death. It's just a rotten situation all the way around.

So. All of that means, I didn't get a chance for my "real" weigh in. But my weight was lower, so I'll take it.

Now I need to do 20 minutes of oil pulling and try and do the 130 squats for day 13 of my 30 day squat challenge. I managed to eat on plan all day (except for 2 french fries stolen off my kid's plate when he wasn't looking).

Last edited by GyspySixpence; 02-11-2014 at 05:38 PM..
GyspySixpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:41 PM   #436
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Gypsy, I'm so sorry for your family and will be keeping you all in my prayers. (((HUGS)))

I've been doing oil pulling the last few weeks too. I actually like it and am hoping my dentist will be able to tell the difference.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:49 PM   #437
Senior LCF Member

I have been oil pulling for about 6 weeks now. It is a bit odd to get used to, but I love it. Here's is what I have noticed (I do it for 20 minutes every single morning...and well right at this moment since we had to run out the door fast this morning):

My gum swelling has decreased SIGNIFICANTLY
My gums no longer bleed
Because of the decreased gum swelling, my teeth are actually straighter now
Teeth are a little whiter, but they weren't bad to begin with!
Old 02-11-2014, 05:52 PM   #438
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've only been doing it for 10 minutes each night, maybe I'll increase it some. I tend to get excessive tartar build up, so my dentist sees me every 3 months. I'm hoping when I go back in April, she'll notice the difference and I won't have as much build up.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:01 PM   #439
Senior LCF Member

I think the most beneficial time is 20 minutes. Some people do it in 2 10 minute segments. I have been able to do the full 20 from day 1. I do get a lot of tartar build up on the backs of my teeth (and like none on the front, which I think is wacko, but who knows why that is)! I think the build up has decreased a bit. I'm hoping that that will continue to improve as well! Oh, and my teeth are no longer sensitive to hot or cold at all! Which is awesomesauce in my book!

Darn, I just realized it's an arm weight day too. Ugh, I hate exercising right before bed!

Last edited by GyspySixpence; 02-11-2014 at 06:02 PM..
Old 02-11-2014, 06:11 PM   #440
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Bonnie, there is NO NEED for an apology. From you, ever. No, what you have there sounds WONDERFUL, our reality is just a little different. But there is no need for an apology. I've always wanted to visit Canada. My daughter just found out that her work is sending her there in August. I'm so jealous!
Exactly what MtherGoos said. No one is upset and no apology needed.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:14 PM   #441
Major LCF Poster!

Gypsy, sending hugs and prayers for you and your family!
Old 02-11-2014, 06:16 PM   #442
Major LCF Poster!

Gypsy: So sorry to hear such heartbreaking news. God's blessings to you and your family.

Mthergoos & BulldogMom:Thanks for forgiving me. Lesson learned.
They say never discuss politics, religion and sex in proper company..... all three things I know nothing about.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:16 PM   #443
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for the prayers, MtherGoos, Bonny-Jean, and BulldogMom!

Last edited by GyspySixpence; 02-11-2014 at 06:18 PM..
Old 02-11-2014, 08:00 PM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Gypsy: So sorry to hear such heartbreaking news. God's blessings to you and your family.

Mthergoos & BulldogMom:Thanks for forgiving me. Lesson learned.
They say never discuss politics, religion and sex in proper company..... all three things I know nothing about.
You didn't say anything wrong. I meant that my post might be removed or that I would get reprimanded if I started talking politics per forum rules. Its a hot button for sure.....almost as touchy as when you discuss low carb diets with low fat diet people.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:08 PM   #445
Senior LCF Member

I thought I was asking a simple question! Yikes

Gypsy - I work in geriatrics so I deal with this quite a bit. I actually had a hard code blue today that was not expected.

I found out that this is Cocktail Attire which after goggling it means I need a suit of which I do not have. Guess I am going shopping tomorrow. I think the cheapest place I can get one would be JC Penny's or maybe Men's Warehouse.

Ate well today, ran 3 miles feel good. Time for a hot salt bath and bed. TTFN
Old 02-11-2014, 11:50 PM   #446
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avaleigh
Stats: 252/181/160
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: August 2013
Mther: Your before/after is crazy amazing. You are looking super great!!

Currently at 207.0
-45 lbs.
Still striving to kiss the 200s goodbye!
Avaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:41 AM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/147.3/140's
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Feb 1st 164
Feb 2nd 165 as not prepared and ate pizza
Feb 3rd 165
Feb 4th 163.2
Feb 5th 162.6
Feb 6th 160.8
Feb 7th 160.8
Feb 8th 160.8
Feb 9th 160.8
Feb 10th 160.4
Feb 11th 160.8
Feb 12th 161.6

Oh dear now the scale is going up...not good, induction really isn't easy.

Gypsy sorry you are having such a rough time right now....sending hugs.

Last edited by Sandy1; 02-12-2014 at 03:46 AM..
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:07 AM   #448
Major LCF Poster!

Morning All:

Sandy: The one thing I've learned beyond the "tweaking" of this WOE, is PATIENCE!!! Lots and lots of patience. If you have that and stay on plan, you will be successful!!!

Gypsy: I'm sorry that you've got some very hard days ahead of you. We're all here for you.

Well, down another couple of ounces so I'll have to figure out in a couple of weeks if it was cutting down on hwc, Splenda or MIO. This is like trying to find an allergen and some of you know what an ordeal that is!!!
Wishing you all a happy day.... scale or otherwise!!
Old 02-12-2014, 05:09 AM   #449
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: arb34
Stats: 222/197.8/150
Start Date: restarted 1/2/2014
Good morning!! Gypsy, so sorry to hear about your in laws...makes for tough times I know....just know that you have lots of people here thinking about you and sending good thoughts your way!!
Well, here comes our snow, it just started in the last hour...from all predictions we are in for it this time and maybe for days .....heaven help us!! However I am so so happy to start off with a great drop Wishing one for each of you!!!
Feb 1.....207.6
Feb 2.....207.6
Feb 3.....207.6
Feb 4.....206.2
Feb 5.....205.8
Feb 6.....205.4
Feb 7.....205
Feb 8.....206
Feb 9.....205.4
Feb 10...205.4
Feb 11...205.4
Feb 12...204.2
arb34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:11 AM   #450
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pcaltman
Stats: 174.5/168/128 5'7"
WOE: Atkins 72',Primal, Paleo
Start Date: Working on it everyday:)
Good morning

Goal - to be less than I started LOL....

Weight:
Feb 1 - 169 (tom)
Feb 2 - 169 (tom)
Feb 3 - 171.5 (tom)
Feb 4 - 172
Feb 5 - 170
Feb 6 - 169.5
Feb 7 - 169.5
Feb 11 - 169.5
Feb 12 - 169
pcaltman is offline   Reply With Quote