Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2014, 04:05 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: darcie
Big loss first week none since

Forgive me if I am doing this wrong. I am a newbie. I am almost finished with week 3. I had a big loss of 9 lbs the first week and haven't really lost anything since then. I am exercising, drinking a lot of water and following the plan very closely. Wondering if I am doing something wrong now? I wouldn't expect to have a big loss again but something would help!! Trying not to get discouraged as I have about 75# to lose. Any advice/suggestions???
darcie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2014, 04:10 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ASHLEY2HAWAII
Stats: 196/172/125
WOE: HCG INJECTIONS
Start Date: RESTART 9-3-13
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcie View Post
Forgive me if I am doing this wrong. I am a newbie. I am almost finished with week 3. I had a big loss of 9 lbs the first week and haven't really lost anything since then. I am exercising, drinking a lot of water and following the plan very closely. Wondering if I am doing something wrong now? I wouldn't expect to have a big loss again but something would help!! Trying not to get discouraged as I have about 75# to lose. Any advice/suggestions???
Post your menu! Congrats on the 9 lbs.
ASHLEY2HAWAII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:10 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Julie1972
Stats: 220/186/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/1/2013
Hey Darcie! Welcome! It's normal for weight loss to slow down after the first week, especially after a dramatic drop like 9 lbs! Stick with the plan and it will work! You just have to give it some time. Come join us in the January challenge. It's a great thread to share your success and struggles! Also has a lot of really knowledgable folks who can help with any questions you may have.
Julie1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:49 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/160.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Hi Darcie! Exactly as Julie said, that's totally normal. Your body needs some time to adjust after such a great loss the first week. Hang in there, be diligent about what you're eating, and it will work. Patience and consistency are the keys.
MtherGoos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:23 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: darcie
Thank you all for the encouragement. After being the same for 1.5 wks. I am down a pound today. Nothing to scream at but at least in the right direction.
darcie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 10:31 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Trismama
Stats: 235/213/160
WOE: Atkins-Induction
Start Date: January 6, 2014
Congrats and Welcome! And i started to slow down a bit after my 2 weeks. I'm doing my induction long term since I have a good bit of weight to lose.
Trismama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:28 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sosolove
Stats: 165/
WOE: LC
Start Date: Jan-14-2014
hey Darcie, I'm a newbie/oldie but just wanted to check in on how your doing? I'm on day 7 of induction but don't know if i've lost anything because i'm waiting on my scale to arrive, but i feel fantastic and my energy is thru the roof. Good luck!
sosolove is offline   Reply With Quote