Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   Howdy (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/821184-howdy.html)

StacyW 01-19-2014 12:08 PM

Howdy

Hi! I have not done this in a few years, when I did, I lost about 65 pounds and I have gained most of that back. Bad accident, bad times caused this. But, now I am wanting to do it again. So, I am on the site, trying to learn recipes again and also learning what other people suggest to do and not to do. If you have anything to say to me, I'd like and appreciate that. That does include questions. I may not say too much online, but, through pm's I'll tell you whatever you'd like to know. I do not lie. I am totally starting tomorrow, right now and for the last 2 days, I have taken small steps towards it and have been successful, so, I am looking forward to tomorrow.

Madmarsha 01-19-2014 12:20 PM

Hi, Stacy. You're a new "oldbie" and I'm new here but glad to see you're back. I hope this is it this time for both of us. I lost 50 pounds my last time and gained it all back. I hate to think I had lost that much and then went back to eating carbs. So far this time I've lost 30 and it doesn't seem like a lot. I wanted to lose 60 but I think it's going to have to be more to lose the stomach which is the ultimate goal.

Small steps at first to get back into it seems reasonable. I didn't one day just say, That's it, no more sugar. I was given a small slice of birthday cake that I hadn't asked for, ate it, and then somehow that became the last sugary baked good I ate (till New Years Eve and then 3 bites of a waffle 3 days later and now THAT is the last sugary baked good I ate).

princessmommy 01-19-2014 01:01 PM

Welcome back!!

Julie1972 01-20-2014 02:26 PM

Welcome back!! It is always tough losing the weight the second (and third and fourth) time. I am right there with you! Try to hang in there and stick with it! I'm trying to do the same thing! Let's do this!! :):):)

StacyW 01-27-2014 08:57 AM

I have been on induction for a week now. I didn't lose any weight. Darn. But, I didn't gain any and feel good. I do not feel discouraged. I will keep going.

Baddabing 01-27-2014 04:13 PM

Hi Stacy Welcome back. We must be on the same cycle because I started up this morning after much thought and consideration. I follow the old school book and I am here to do it again after a series of major life changing situations that re got me thick.

James

hotchick818 01-27-2014 09:41 PM

Hi Stacy! I restarted earlier this month for maybe the fourth time..lol. I plan on making this the last time and I am super excited. I find that as long as I plan ahead and keep low carb snacks on hand, I am able to stay on track. Deviled eggs and low carb cheesecake muffins are my best friends:). Best of luck!

sosolove 01-28-2014 08:41 AM

Hi Stacy,

I'm a new/oldie also. I just completed week one of induction but don't know if I've gained or loss anything because i'm waiting on my scale to arrive. I will tell you this, my energy level is thru the roof and i feel fantastic, so something must be happening. Can't wait to get my scale and I will only weigh myself once a week in the morning. Good luck everybody.

StacyW 01-28-2014 08:53 AM

Everyone that is new, welcome! We could all do this!