Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   ** I WANT MY PRE-KIDS BODY BACK ** (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/821116-i-want-my-pre-kids-body-back.html)

SkinnyB212 01-18-2014 06:54 AM

** I WANT MY PRE-KIDS BODY BACK **

Despite what celeb moms say, you do not lose weight "running around after your kids"!

I have 2 under age 5 and 2 dogs that I run around after & I was 200 lbs. I was running around, but I was also stress eating. I was always 130-140 and a size 4 with an athletic toned body. I gained 60-70 with baby #1 then lose most of it. Gain 60 with baby#2 and only lost 30. Then my hormones got out of whack & I started gaining weight & had a ravenous appetite.

The doctor told me I developed post-partum hypothyroidism.Nothing made me full. My thyroid meds were no help. Friends & family told me I was a mom now so NOT to focus on dieting.
Well I hated wearing size 1x or my pregnancy clothes, when my youngest is almost 3. I hated not being able to fit into my size 4 clothes.

I refuse to "throw those away" (referring to my size 4 clothes), as some suggested & just be "fat and happy".

I am committed to getting back to my Pre-baby body. Maybe I will not get back to a 24" waist, but 26 is doable!

I started this journey in August 2013 to finally lose the weight. Now 6 months later, I have lost 50 lbs & just 10 more to go to reach goal!

I have been focussing on low impact exercise, just slow jogging or walking.
Once I reach goal, I will do more intense workouts and add weight training, to tighten up the tummy & hips. I will try "Insanity" or p90X

We can do this moms!

SkinnyB212 02-11-2014 10:11 AM

Hang in there everyone!
Sometimes it just takes longer for the weight to fall off.
It is so frustrating, since we all try so hard and then want to see results on the scale.
I am finally seeing some progress on the scale & am motivated to reach my 140 goal in March.
I do really hope it warms up soon, so that I may begin my morning jogs again. This winter & sub zero temps have halted my workouts & stalled my weigh loss. I find that slow jogging takes off the weight the best. I gain too much muscle when I do workout DVDs and the scale goes up! I will not do any workout DVDs or weight training until I reach my 140 goal. For now I will just power walk or jog slowly in the mornings.

SkinnyB212 03-06-2014 08:26 AM

NEVER GIVE UP...YOU CAN DO IT!

1 Attachment(s)
I am so glad I did not give up!
...stalls, gains, frustration...I just kept going.
Now I am happier, healthier & can wear whatever I want!

...no more pregnancy clothes or oversized shirts.
I can just wake up & know I can look good in whatever I wear!

Bianca 03-08-2014 12:41 PM

I feel like I could have written this post.
My kids are 8 and 3 and I stare at my closet wishing I could wear my old clothes.
I can remember being able to just put on clothes and walk out the door, now I usually end up crying at some point while I am getting dressed and by the end, I don't want to leave the house.
Today is my start day. I don't want to live like this for the rest of my life.
I know my inner skinny girl is in me somewhere, I just need to find her!