Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   Having issues! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/821046-having-issues.html)

katiemcfadden 01-16-2014 08:06 PM

Having issues!

Hey everyone!

I have been having a hard time these past few days. I suffer from an eating disorder...Binge eating/over eating. I have been staying strong and not breaking the Atkins WOE..but I'm afraid that even with this WOE this disease will make me start over eating the food I'm allowed on induction. Every time I get these urges I hop online and come to this site and read the success stories and then I snap back to reality. I was just wondering if anyone else is having issues like myself...I know its a personal issue and some people don't want to make it public..but I think I'm feeling better just by writing this and putting it out there for the world to see. So thankful for this support group!! Anyways thanks for listening!

Katie-:help:

Mimosa23 01-17-2014 02:25 AM

:hugs: Katie, I saw your post and wanted to send you some positive vibes.

You are brave and I think you are on the right track by coming in here! :hugs:

princessmommy 01-17-2014 06:23 AM

Welcome Katie!!! So great to have you here!!

cfine 01-17-2014 06:17 PM

Staying on plan is like exercising a muscle. The more you do it, the stronger you get, and the less those forbidden foods seem appealing. I, too, have binge/overeating issues. I have found that it is much easier to just say no to a food that I know will set me off rather than going ahead and eating it and then try to get back on track.

MtherGoos 01-18-2014 10:31 AM

Exactly what cfine said, the longer you do it, the easier it gets. Just get through one day at a time, one choice at a time. You can do this! We're here to help you.

cheeky1178 01-19-2014 12:20 PM

I'm with you Katie! I too have an issue with binge eating. For most of my life it was an occasional every couple of months thing and I didn't sweat it. Since I had my son it's become so much more frequent. It started out once a week on grocery shopping day and it got up to twice a day before I finally decided I had to do something.

I've lost weight in the past on Atkins and the longer I'm on it the less I have any desire to eat. Seriously a Tablespoon of Peanut butter could easily be a meal for me. I'm really hoping to get to that point again. Plus I feel so much better and have more energy when I eat this way, hopefully that will push me to get out of the house so I'm not stuck staring at my kitchen all day.

So now here I am, trying to keep my head down and go day by day. I'm really proud that I went out to dinner for my Husbands birthday and I didn't go crazy. I didn't eat at induction levels but I'm actually starting high and trying to work my way backwards to induction. Doing induction cold turkey doesn't work for me, I've got to get some low carb eating under my belt before I can stick to it.

Best of luck to you! and a Big Hug! Check out Andy Grammer, Keep your Head up on Youtube!