Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   No weight loss (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/820973-no-weight-loss.html)

LoveMyTexas 01-15-2014 11:02 AM

No weight loss

Howdy, everyone!

I'm new here so please forgive me if I'm not doing this correctly.

I restarted Atkins the day after Christmas. (I was off for about 6 months). However, I have lost ONE pound since then. I'm not new to this diet and have previously lost 20 pounds. (Of course, I put that back on and then some when I got off Atkins) When I test my level of ketosis, the results show I am in pretty good. I'm not doing anything differently from my previous time on this diet. I stopped drinking diet sodas even though I was able to drink them in the past.

I'm so confused and frustrated. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

princessmommy 01-15-2014 11:18 AM

Welcome!! Can you give us a sample of what (and How much) you're eatting in a day?

GyspySixpence 01-15-2014 11:21 AM

I know how frustrating it can be to not see the scale moving. Are your clothes looser? Have you done any body measurements? I know for me sometimes the scale isn't moving, but my body is getting smaller. Are you exercising? Sometimes that will make your body hold onto water.

I agree with Shelly, let's see a sample menu!

LoveMyTexas 01-16-2014 12:33 PM

Thank you for replying!
All of a sudden this morning, POP...4 pounds are gone! (Hey, if all I had to do was sign up here to get that done, I'll be here all day)!

This is an example of what I usually eat:

Breakfast:
2 scrambled eggs and 2 sausages

Lunch:
I usually get 2 McDoubles at McDonalds (toss the bun of course)

Dinner:
Meat course with a side of greens.

I do snack on flavored pork rinds that usually have 3 carbs for the WHOLE bag. We also make ham rolls that consist of cream cheese, ranch dressing mix and ham with no carbs.

I am a coffee drinker but only add half and half to my coffee. I've cut back my diet coke to one a day. Could that be it?

I'm happy today and hoping I will finally be on tract to losing.

Thanks again!

princessmommy 01-16-2014 01:59 PM

Congrats on the 4 lbs!! Sometimes it just takes awhile lol. I'd just be careful of cream cheese, or at least how Much you eat since there are carbs in it. And the pork rines have a load of sodium so they can make you retain water. Your menu sounds good though

Bonny-Jean 01-16-2014 02:04 PM

Yeah, menu sounds good but agree with Princessmommy. Also ditch the half and half for heavy whipping cream 33%. No milk or milk products. Lots of water will help flush high sodium foods.

GyspySixpence 01-16-2014 02:46 PM

Awesome on the 4 pounds. Funny how nothing seems to be happening and then woooosh!

I agree with Bonny-Jean and Shelly. Ditch the 1/2 'n 1/2 for HWC. Be careful with the cream cheese (too much cheese of any kind really slows my losses down). And try and keep an eye on your sodium. Otherwise, your diet looks great!

cb83 01-16-2014 04:12 PM

Try to eat unprocessed meats. Carbs in sausage etc with that load of sodium. I try to cook a bunch at once to keep on hand. My new love is ground turkey.