Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2014, 11:56 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kriss
Stats: 145/142/115
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/3/14
Back…….again!

I am here AGAIN, after ANOTHER long hiatus….I may not be back to m all time high weight (163) but i am certainly too heavy!(142) So Im back on the LC wagon.

Im on week 2 of Induction. In ketosis. Losing is slow….but its ok.

Im 4'10" tall so every pound shows!
Im a photographer and to top it off I specialize in Boudoir photography and have gone full time with my business so to me my image is important I can no longer be "frumpy" I would like to be able to be stylish, edgy and sassy again……since i have put on weight in the last few years (i used to be thin) I can't wear heels without feeling like a penguin about to lose balance.

I can't wait to once again wear all the clothes in my closet i have been out of for the last few years…….and the shoes….i have two closets full waiting for me. That should be motivation shouldn't it.
Kriss is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2014, 04:45 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chelseybelle27
Stats: 300.3/280.0/healthy :)
WOE: Extended Induction
Start Date: 08-25-14
Welcome! My aunt is one of the top women's photographer in south Florida, specializing in boudoir, so I know how important image is! She has lots of events to go to, its crazy but she loves it!

Best of luck! I have started and restarted so many times, but I have to make it work this time. My goal is not the same as yours, as I want to have another baby, but honestly, I just want to be a cute pregnant lady Horribly vain, and my main focus is my health while pregnant, but it does keep me going

Keep it up and you'll be in those closets in no time!

Goal #1: 265.0 (Back to where I was last year!)
Goal #2: 240.0 (Back to where I was 2 years ago, seeing a trend )
Goal #3: 215.0 (Almost there!)
Goal #4: 195.0 (GOOOOOAAAAL!)
chelseybelle27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:23 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseybelle27 View Post
Welcome! My aunt is one of the top women's photographer in south Florida, specializing in boudoir, so I know how important image is! She has lots of events to go to, its crazy but she loves it!

Best of luck! I have started and restarted so many times, but I have to make it work this time. My goal is not the same as yours, as I want to have another baby, but honestly, I just want to be a cute pregnant lady Horribly vain, and my main focus is my health while pregnant, but it does keep me going

Keep it up and you'll be in those closets in no time!
Oh thank you chelseybelle27 for welcoming me back!!! I have noticed that if you are new your posts go mostly unanswered. So to get a response made me feel visible! lol.
I stay at home mostly at the moment so its a little lonesome…so I came here to make some "friends" with some goals in common! Any advice on warming people up to me? Not post my own threads maybe?

Its funny you mention baby my hubby and I were TTC all the last 6 months with no success so we decided to focus on other things like my business and he is in his last 7 months of getting his Masters. The baby thing is another reason but less of a reason since i figure IF i get pregnant i can still lose or just aim not to gain…i did that with my daughter (17 years ago) with no problem.

Good luck to you too….it would be nice to be cute and preggo wouldn't it!
Old 01-15-2014, 11:34 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GyspySixpence
Stats: 194.8/150.8/Restart 174.2 CW: 143.8 GW135 (5'3")
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: June 5, 2012/Restart November 29, 2013
Welcome, Kriss!

I think the easiest way to make friends is to join in on challenges and to respond to other people's posts. At least that has helped me out.

I joined the boards in June 2012. I lost 44.8 pounds. Between June 5-November 22. Put on a couple of pounds after Thanksgiving. My husband had a very serious health issue a few days before Christmas and was near death for sometime. ICU 19 days and then to a rehab hospital for several weeks before he came home. We have wonderful friends and family and many times I would come home from spending the day with him to find a casserole or a pot of soup on my door step. Or I would get to the hospital and find that my mother in law had chicken and biscuits for me to take home. It was simply easier to just heat up whatever kind people had brought for me and our kids and eat it than to think about the carbs.

And easy was what I needed during the crisis. After he came home and the recovery period (which is still ongoing), we were in a celebratory mood. And a mood of "Well, heck, I could get hit by a bus tomorrow, why not just eat a piece of cake and celebrate being alive!"

All of those factors led me to put 24 pounds back on. I could manage here and there to do a solid week of low carb. It's the only thing that kept me from putting the weight back on. I have been pretty well on track since this past Thanksgiving. And I've gotten about 14.5 ish pounds back off. I've gotten my husband on board with LC and he's lost 16.5 pounds so far.

Again welcome, and I wish you the best in your journey!
GyspySixpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:20 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyspySixpence View Post
Welcome, Kriss!

I think the easiest way to make friends is to join in on challenges and to respond to other people's posts. At least that has helped me out.

I joined the boards in June 2012. I lost 44.8 pounds. Between June 5-November 22. Put on a couple of pounds after Thanksgiving. My husband had a very serious health issue a few days before Christmas and was near death for sometime. ICU 19 days and then to a rehab hospital for several weeks before he came home. We have wonderful friends and family and many times I would come home from spending the day with him to find a casserole or a pot of soup on my door step. Or I would get to the hospital and find that my mother in law had chicken and biscuits for me to take home. It was simply easier to just heat up whatever kind people had brought for me and our kids and eat it than to think about the carbs.

And easy was what I needed during the crisis. After he came home and the recovery period (which is still ongoing), we were in a celebratory mood. And a mood of "Well, heck, I could get hit by a bus tomorrow, why not just eat a piece of cake and celebrate being alive!"

All of those factors led me to put 24 pounds back on. I could manage here and there to do a solid week of low carb. It's the only thing that kept me from putting the weight back on. I have been pretty well on track since this past Thanksgiving. And I've gotten about 14.5 ish pounds back off. I've gotten my husband on board with LC and he's lost 16.5 pounds so far.

Again welcome, and I wish you the best in your journey!
Wow! Im happy to hear your husband is on the road to recovery and that you are able to put a little bit back into you! I understand how a crisis changes everything. Thank you for sharing that with me. I had a somewhat similar experience with my brother (my best friend in the whole world) right before my wedding almost 3 years ago….in ICU near death (should not have made it) and a long recovery that found me at his bedside everyday and taking care of him at home for some weeks after. I can say he is still with us and kicking but at 33 will be on oxygen the rest of his life…….but you know what? He is my hero. Always has been always will be. Superman. What strong men we get to have in our lives to get through and overcome!

What a way to look at this…..inspiring. Thank you for reminding me of something. I think i will stop feeling sorry for myself with this being so "HARD" for me.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:09 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GyspySixpence
Stats: 194.8/150.8/Restart 174.2 CW: 143.8 GW135 (5'3")
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: June 5, 2012/Restart November 29, 2013
I've been married to my best friend for 25 1/2 years now. I am very lucky that he survived the stroke (we're only 44 now)! So now that we're "done" celebrating, we're both working towards better health. DH informed me after I posted on your thread that as of this morning, he's down 20 pounds exactly! Not bad for 2 months (with a week of crazy Christmas eating)! To celebrate his 20 pounds, we took a 2 mile walk this afternoon.

I am thankful for what I have. He is my hero. And I am his (or so he tells me everyday)!

Your brother sounds amazing!
GyspySixpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:25 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: charmer
reading this post i felt that i really empathised with you, i am only very very new to low carb, and even newer to this site. (im an Aussie and the low carb dieting is not nearly as popular here as it seems to be o/s and from a small town too) so i guess i felt finding support hard.
I only recently posted my very first post on here, and got heaps of replies, it was so encouraging- and really helped me get more motivated! i will look into joinng a challenge too!!!
charmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:06 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GyspySixpence View Post
I've been married to my best friend for 25 1/2 years now. I am very lucky that he survived the stroke (we're only 44 now)! So now that we're "done" celebrating, we're both working towards better health. DH informed me after I posted on your thread that as of this morning, he's down 20 pounds exactly! Not bad for 2 months (with a week of crazy Christmas eating)! To celebrate his 20 pounds, we took a 2 mile walk this afternoon.

I am thankful for what I have. He is my hero. And I am his (or so he tells me everyday)!

Your brother sounds amazing!
Congrats to your hubby! 20 pounds is AWESOME!

I can't wait to get there!

My brother had a staff infection (MRSA) take him down. It attacked his lungs. He has 33% of his lungs left. Im so humbled by his strength to live this life to the fullest after something so devastating. He even got married last year. It was the most positive emotional moment i have ever had to stand up for him that day. You husband sounds amazing to get out there after a devastating event too! woohoo for those guys! We can be strong like them too.

CHARMER: I do plan on looking into some challenges for sure! I think it would be great for accountability for me! Im struggling with the change in eating habits AND the exercise right now…….
Old 01-19-2014, 08:10 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BulldogMom
Stats: 231/ 185.8 / 135
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 2013
Welcome! You can join a challenge even though you're still struggling. The people in the January challenge group have been a great support to me. Even when I got off track they were there. Just jump right on in!
BulldogMom is offline   Reply With Quote