Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2014, 11:19 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KalamityKaTT
Stats: 365/311/185
WOE: Low Carb - Induction
Start Date: January 1st 2014
Back to the Basics. New Buddies encourage to join in!

Hello! I'm a newbie/oldie. Meaning I'm very familiar with Atkins, but I fell off the wagon over 2 years ago after losing approx 90 lbs. That really bites because I had soooo much more to go. I had a planned "vacation" which I simply never made it back from. Thus, and most understandably, I put back on half the weight I lost. I thank God it wasn't ALL of it! I should add that prior to that, I did a small stint with Atkins to drop weight for a surgery and was able to lose 50 lbs that time. Thus, I know Atkins works.

January 1st, I jumped back on the bandwagon. I don't know about you, but having a important start date, like the first of the year, helps to keep me on track. When I'm feeling like diving off I ask myself.... "Is this treat really worth risking my good track record for. So far that answer has always been a resounding NO!.

I guess it helps that I suffer from OCD, in this instance at least. I excel in routines and reminding myself that I will get January 1st back as a start date only once in 365 days! That is a huge help to me. Sad but true. I also believe since I'm a mathematician, numbers are important to me. So Jan 1, is so easy for me to remember and reference for graphs and lbs lost... etc.

On January 2nd, I went cold turkey on Diet pop. My caffeine addiction is just that... an addiction. Plus, I've never gone the required two weeks in pure clean induction before. I thought I'd give it a go. For me personally, I find that the more pop I drink, the less water I consume. So I said my goodbyes to my beloved Diet Pop. Then, at about 9 days in, I decided to reward myself for all the good eating I was doing and bought a diet pop (reading this to myself now I realize how foolish this sounds. It's like rewarding recovering alcoholic with a shot of whiskey ). Anywho, I'd never made it that long before without caving. I was amazed to find out that I couldn't drink the Diet Pepsi that I had just purchased. It tasted too much like pure syrup. When did that happen???

So here I am now, looking for new friends, and perhaps even run across some previous ones, who will join in this journey with me so that we have buddies to bounce our days off of. It has always helped me in the past to swap successful recipes, snack ideas, do's and don'ts, as well as just chat about our daily lives while learning to eat to live instead of living to eat.

I look forward to hearing from any one who would care to join me.
365 - 2/1/11 ~ 275 - 8/13/11 ~ 90#s in 6 months.

Restart
327 - 1/1/14
First mini goal - 275 lbs
---------------------------------------------------

Last edited by KalamityKaTT; 01-12-2014 at 11:26 PM..
KalamityKaTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2014, 03:57 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Trismama
Stats: 220/210/160
WOE: Atkins-Induction
Start Date: January 6, 2014
Hi! Not my first time per se doing Atkins but my first time taking it seriously! I have found soooo many recipes either on here or on pinterest (I'm a pinterest addict) and have loved almost most all of them!
Trismama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:13 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kriss
Stats: 145/142/115
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/3/14
Hi! Im a newbie/oldie too! Id love to join you!

Im on week 2 of induction. In Ketosis. Sweets are my addiction……so far though so good.
Kriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:12 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pickles1010
Stats: 198 /190.5 /160 5'8
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: Jan. 2004/ Restart:Jan 2014
Hi Kalamati.
I am a recovering carbaholic and getting back on the Atkins WOE. My Husband and I lost a lot of weight back in 2004 and kept it off a long time and slowly put it almost all back on. So here we are. Started on 1-52014. The first week I lost only 1 lb didn't think I was off plan but checked back and found that I ate to many vegetables.I went back to just doing the 72 Induction.By the way, our Daughter lives in Visalia as we did for many Years, my husband was born and raised there .
Y Daughter works for Cigna. She went on Atkins too but not as strictly as us.
Hope to talk to all off the Newbies and will stick to the plan.Nice to meet you all.

Ever seen a skinny grain eater? ( pig, horse, cow)
Ever seen a fat protein eater? (tiger, leopard, lion)

pickles1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:45 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss View Post
Hi! Im a newbie/oldie too! Id love to join you!

Im on week 2 of induction. In Ketosis. Sweets are my addiction……so far though so good.
Hello Kriss! First, thanks for joining me. I look forward to getting to know you. I too have been in Ketosis. However for some reason things seem strange this time around. I know I'm in ketosis because I'm constantly tasting that metallic taste, and also because my strips say so. LOL. However, Since starting on the first, I haven't seen much weight loss. In the two previous times I did atkins I lost at least 14 plus pounds in the first week. I did, however, discover that my scale is acting wonky. I don't think that is the complete problem but I replaced it today since it is about 5 years old and giving off readings that fluctuate at least 10 lbs with each person that stands on it. So If they stand on it 3 times within a few minutes, it gives 3 different readings. Ugh! Any way, I'm discouraged, but definitely NOT giving up. just means its time for me to bring out the food scales and really do this thing. =D Thanks again for joining me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickles1010 View Post
Hi Kalamati.
I am a recovering carbaholic and getting back on the Atkins WOE. My Husband and I lost a lot of weight back in 2004 and kept it off a long time and slowly put it almost all back on. So here we are. Started on 1-52014. The first week I lost only 1 lb didn't think I was off plan but checked back and found that I ate to many vegetables.I went back to just doing the 72 Induction.By the way, our Daughter lives in Visalia as we did for many Years, my husband was born and raised there .
Y Daughter works for Cigna. She went on Atkins too but not as strictly as us.
Hope to talk to all off the Newbies and will stick to the plan.Nice to meet you all.
Again, first... thanks for joining me! It's so rare that I ever meet anyone online who lives, or has family from my little town! I've been having the same problems. Only with me, I know its not too many veggies. I haven't really been eating any. I know that's bad but I really wanted to give myself a kick start and have been eating meat, and mostly eggs. LOL. However, that hasn't been working so its back to full induction the proper way. I have no idea what the "72" induction is.. can you give me some more info? I'd love to hear about it. It's nice to switch between different forms of induction when true stalls happen so I like to be well informed.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:48 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trismama View Post
Hi! Not my first time per se doing Atkins but my first time taking it seriously! I have found soooo many recipes either on here or on pinterest (I'm a pinterest addict) and have loved almost most all of them!
Hello there! Almost missed ya down there. =D Yesterday was intensively busy but usually when I get on these boards I check in every day. I haven't thought of checking pinterest. I LOVE swapping recipes so none of us get in a rut. Again I'm so glad you joined me in the venture. I know for a fact that Atkins really does work if you work the steps and they really aren't that hard as long as you're educated about induction/LC WOE. I can't wait to get to know each of you as that makes this experience so much easier on all of us, as well as personalizes the process to where we feel more engaged and apt to stay on course.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:24 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Ugh its different this time for me too. I don't like it since its discouraging. Only 3 pounds in 2 weeks. I need to stay away from social events (nothing special just get togethers) I think.

Exercise is something I'm struggling with. Should I be doing it. I used to lose faster without the first few weeks but the hubby is pushing me to exercise with him.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:03 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ugh its different this time for me too. I don't like it since its discouraging. Only 3 pounds in 2 weeks. I need to stay away from social events (nothing special just get togethers) I think.

Exercise is something I'm struggling with. Should I be doing it. I used to lose faster without the first few weeks but the hubby is pushing me to exercise with him.
Yeah... I've done about 4 or 5 lbs myself in 2 weeks. That has NEVER happened. I do realize its a few years later and I'm now in my 40's but damn! So tomorrow I break out the scales, begin to weigh my foods... etc. When in doubt... document everything! I absolutely REFUSE to give up my start date so I'm just going to get really 'charty' with my intake.

As for exercise, I've always done that as well. I had a gym membership and I'm sure that helped, but there were times I didn't go and the weight fell off anyway Especially since I have so much to lose. One thing I did notice was that I was not eating nearly as much as I use to and I have had times in the past where I quit losing because I wasn't taking in enough. Strange but true.

Regardless, we WILL get though this hurdle one day at a time. As long as I'm not going backwards, I will continue to push forward! I've quit quitting for the last time!
Old 01-16-2014, 01:17 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Welcome Everyone! It sounds like everybody is off to a great start! PLEASE don't let losses that are slower than past attempts discourage you. It happens to almost all of us. The older we get, and the more times we're on and off this wagon, the longer it seems to take. When I was in my 20's and 30's I could drop 100 pounds in just a few months, now I've been on Induction since February 22, and I'm down about 120 pounds, so it's taken almost a year this time around. The good thing about this is that the longer I stick to it, the more it becomes a habit and lifestyle and I know that I've made Permanent changes and won't have to go through this again. So enjoy the journey, and don't worry if it comes off a little slower than you'd like, as long as it comes off!
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:06 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Welcome Everyone! It sounds like everybody is off to a great start! PLEASE don't let losses that are slower than past attempts discourage you. It happens to almost all of us. The older we get, and the more times we're on and off this wagon, the longer it seems to take. When I was in my 20's and 30's I could drop 100 pounds in just a few months, now I've been on Induction since February 22, and I'm down about 120 pounds, so it's taken almost a year this time around. The good thing about this is that the longer I stick to it, the more it becomes a habit and lifestyle and I know that I've made Permanent changes and won't have to go through this again. So enjoy the journey, and don't worry if it comes off a little slower than you'd like, as long as it comes off!
Thanks so much for all the encouraging words!! That really helps and I love your quote. It's so very true. It's nice to hear from someone who has lost so much already. Great job!
Old 01-16-2014, 03:30 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Hi all.
Sorry to be so late responding, but its been busy around here.
KalamityKatt, to your question about Induction 72; its Dr Atkins first book in 1972 "DR Atkins Diet Revolution". It is pretty much like the 1992 book " DR Atkins New Diet Revolution" but a little stricter. You do nor deduct none digestible ( fiber ) carbs and NO vegetables for 2 weeks of induction except for some celery,radishes plus green olives. Only 2 c of salad greens a day, no cream cheese, cottage cheese or any fresh cheese.Only up to 4 oz of hard cheese.So by the time you count carbs its about 20 a day, if I am sticking to it I have less.
The first time I did it was in 2004 and I lost 9 lbs the first week, was 235lbs then. I never (even then) ate his Bars or had his shakes or went for all the low carb stuff that was in the markets then. The only thing I ever buy is Dreamfields pasta and splenda, EZ-Sweets and sweet'n'low if I can find it.
I am not a big sweet eater but love my bread, that is the German in me,I make a muffin with golden Fax meal that i got from the recipe room years ago called Dobie muffin and I make it sweet or savory. Many good recipes there, also check out Linda's low carb recipes and menu.
I also think its harder to loose when you are older. I am 68 and still care
how I look and about my health.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:00 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

I love coming here for inspiration. Sadly i think I'm going to ease up on exercise till i lose that 1st 15 pounds. I need to up my water intake a lot!

Monika…..I LOVE your sig!
Old 01-17-2014, 01:13 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Kriss.
I don't exercise. By the time I am finished with the regular housework and the garden or greenhouse and msc outside work I don't have the energy. I do go for walks in the dessert as often as I can. Love to take my camera just in case I find pretty flowers or birds. Hope you stick with it,I need help sometimes to.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:03 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

checking in....

Still here... Saw a few more lbs drop together.. no clue why as I had bbq chicken last night. Figured since I wasn't eating anything else I could use my carb limit up by using read bbq. who knows.

I'm going to print up the 72 atkin limits and do two weeks of that starting monday in the meantime I'm just sticking to 20 grams or less so I don't come out of ketosis. Every day I'm showing up on the stick and I always have that metallic taste so at least I know that's going right. lol
Old 01-17-2014, 11:48 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Madmarsha
Stats: 212/157/145
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: October 2013
I"m a re-starter, too. Guess most of us are.

Things I learned in the meantime:

No such thing as "planned cheats" or "planned vacations". I eat something carby? I just move on. This is the way I eat now, not a plan I am going off of and back to eating sugar and grains "in moderation".

What hunger is. Never thought about defining it before but it's really helped. And also that meat protein is what fills me up. I start with that and I can't overeat as long as I stop when I no longer feel hungry. Which is another thing I learned: I overate. Just because I didn't binge I thought that meant I didn't overeat. Now I know that eating til you're uncomfortable is overeating even if it doesn't really take that much. I thought a pound of salad and protein was just getting started. Now I know that half a pound of salad and protein is more than enough.

Must drink water. I don't care how many times I have to get up, I just keep drinking as long as I'm awake. I use Mio sometimes just for variety but very rarely. Same with coffee and tea as long as the caffeine and the Splenda don't bother me. So far, they don't but I'm perfectly willing to give it up since it's not everyday anyway.

Last edited by Madmarsha; 01-17-2014 at 11:50 PM..
Madmarsha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:53 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Oh i had a bad bad day!

I ate a cookie.

Old 01-18-2014, 09:10 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kalamity, There's a wonderful sugar free BBQ Sauce that you can order through Netrition. It's Guy's Sugar Free BBQ Sauce, and they have a couple of different varieties of it. I usually order 6 bottles of it at a time!
Old 01-18-2014, 12:57 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

MtherGoos, that BBQ sauce sounds good usually make some up with stuff I have in the cupboard lol.
Kriss, stay strong and start again. You all have a nice weekend.

Last edited by pickles1010; 01-18-2014 at 01:00 PM.. Reason: wrong name
Old 01-18-2014, 06:46 PM   #19
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: miniapplecocoa
Stats: 240.8
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 1/12/14
humm I should post over here too and say hello.

Hello! I'm a newbie/oldie too 2003-2004. I went in the high carb section of the grocery store and did not come out for 10 years. I have been slowly sliding back into my pre-Atkins weight 297 and I'm terrified.

I have not been able to successfully complete DANDR since 2008. So, I am now choosing to do Atkins 72. I messed myself up with so many restarts that the DANDR induction hardly works for me anymore. I'm kicking myself good for this. The first time was beautiful 100 lbs+ in a years time. Plus, I never really kept it "clean" after the first 4 month. Boy, has my body changed now.

This time, after many failings on various other types of plans. I'm hoping to pull this off again for good. I have to this time. I don't want to end up like my Mom: diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, over weight my whole life, etc, etc. Pills, pills and more pills. She has been so sick for the last 10 years its not even living. And, I have a sister that was headed down the same path that just had 1/2 her stomach removed (gastric sleeve.) Ugg! too much drama for me.

Now is the time for me. This woe is so much less painful IMHO. Thanks for listening.
miniapplecocoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:50 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Monday revamp!!!

Finally starting to see a bit of loss.

Quote:
I love coming here for inspiration. Sadly i think I'm going to ease up on exercise till i lose that 1st 15 pounds. I need to up my water intake a lot!

Monika…..I LOVE your sig!
@ Kriss: I love it too! The last time I actively tried to lose weight I belonged to a gym. I'm sure that helped me tremendously because I'm normally a sedate person. This time, I have no membership. I'm just going to try to be a bit more active and slowly increase as needed. Always do what works best for you. You're body will let you know best.

Quote:
Thanks Kriss.
I don't exercise. By the time I am finished with the regular housework and the garden or greenhouse and msc outside work I don't have the energy. I do go for walks in the dessert as often as I can. Love to take my camera just in case I find pretty flowers or birds. Hope you stick with it,I need help sometimes to.
@ Pickles: Brilliant idea! I love photography. Would be great if you share some shots from time to time. =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmarsha View Post
I"m a re-starter, too. Guess most of us are.

Things I learned in the meantime:

No such thing as "planned cheats" or "planned vacations". I eat something carby? I just move on. This is the way I eat now, not a plan I am going off of and back to eating sugar and grains "in moderation".

What hunger is. Never thought about defining it before but it's really helped. And also that meat protein is what fills me up. I start with that and I can't overeat as long as I stop when I no longer feel hungry. Which is another thing I learned: I overate. Just because I didn't binge I thought that meant I didn't overeat. Now I know that eating til you're uncomfortable is overeating even if it doesn't really take that much. I thought a pound of salad and protein was just getting started. Now I know that half a pound of salad and protein is more than enough.

Must drink water. I don't care how many times I have to get up, I just keep drinking as long as I'm awake. I use Mio sometimes just for variety but very rarely. Same with coffee and tea as long as the caffeine and the Splenda don't bother me. So far, they don't but I'm perfectly willing to give it up since it's not everyday anyway.
@ Madmarsha: Great advice. All of which I have also learned. Especially the over eating part. I always filled my plate and even when the hunger abated, thought I should clear the plate anyway. Now I've learned to eat smaller portions and to stop when I feel satiated. That is a huge acomplishment and something all of us must learn. We often forget it takes our body time to realize that it's full... obesity often comes from not listening to your body. Thanks for joining us!

Quote:
Oh i had a bad bad day!

I ate a cookie.

@ Kriss: It happens, pick up.. dust off... keep going. It's only a moment in time of your journey.

Quote:
Kalamity, There's a wonderful sugar free BBQ Sauce that you can order through Netrition. It's Guy's Sugar Free BBQ Sauce, and they have a couple of different varieties of it. I usually order 6 bottles of it at a time!
@MtherGoos: Yes, thank you! I have ordered BBQ from there before but it was Walden farms. I like the flavor but found it a bit watery. Maybe I'll try Guy's next. Thanks for the heads up!!

Quote:
MtherGoos, that BBQ sauce sounds good usually make some up with stuff I have in the cupboard lol.
Kriss, stay strong and start again. You all have a nice weekend.
@ Pickles: Would love to hear how you make it?? I've never tried to make any of my own sauce, dressing or anything like that. Might be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniapplecocoa View Post
Hello! I'm a newbie/oldie too 2003-2004. I went in the high carb section of the grocery store and did not come out for 10 years. I have been slowly sliding back into my pre-Atkins weight 297 and I'm terrified.

I have not been able to successfully complete DANDR since 2008. So, I am now choosing to do Atkins 72. I messed myself up with so many restarts that the DANDR induction hardly works for me anymore. I'm kicking myself good for this. The first time was beautiful 100 lbs+ in a years time. Plus, I never really kept it "clean" after the first 4 month. Boy, has my body changed now.

This time, after many failings on various other types of plans. I'm hoping to pull this off again for good. I have to this time. I don't want to end up like my Mom: diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, over weight my whole life, etc, etc. Pills, pills and more pills. She has been so sick for the last 10 years its not even living. And, I have a sister that was headed down the same path that just had 1/2 her stomach removed (gastric sleeve.) Ugg! too much drama for me.

Now is the time for me. This woe is so much less painful IMHO. Thanks for listening.
@miniapple, Thanks so much for joining us. I too have a sister that had a gastric bypass. While it worked for her, I choose (at this point) to avoid that. I got myself into this mess, I hope I can get myself out. Obesiety runs rampant in both sides of my family. So does abuse so emotional eating is a given. I'm so glad my sister found a way out and am proud of her for making the choice that worked for her. I just really want to teach myself how to do better that way I can avoid all the side effects. It's always there as a last resort. Also, I, too, feel like I have restarted too many times. I'm going into 72 tomorrow. Gonna print all the necessary info and post it to my fridge. Although I've been in ketosis since about the 5th of this month, the weight loss just isn't what it used to be. I'm sure it has to do with I'm in my 40's now and my body is tired of the back and forth but I refuse to give up this time. As long as I'm not gaining.. I'm Happy. and along the way I eventually drop a lb or two. I'll just continue to tweek until my body complies. I'm DONE dieting. This is my life choice and will remain so for the rest of my life.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:08 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Doh!!!!

So I've never been one to make homemade soup or stew... or stuff like that. Just never really "learned" how. Well today is my youngest sons 20th birthday. I decided to surprise him with stew, one of his favorite meals. He always makes it of course.

So I took out 2 pots, one large and one small.
In one I put potatoes.

Then I chopped up asparagus, celery, mushrooms and zucchini. I threw that in the two pots. Then I fried up some New York Strip Steaks, diced them up and in to the two pots they went. Then I added water and some seasoning.

Lastly, I added xantham gum to my pot.

Can I just say

When I get back off '72 in two weeks... I'm totally going to repeat this!!!!
Old 01-20-2014, 11:03 AM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
HI All,
Katt, thank You for inviting me to join your thread !! I need some support. It has been a rough year and I fell off the woe HARD before the holidays. I am now back at it and doing as well as I can.I have lost 6 pounds since the first of January. Not great, I will take any and all losses. I am looking for ward to posting and getting to know you all. Hope we all have a great LC day !!!!
Jaded62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:38 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded62 View Post
HI All,
Katt, thank You for inviting me to join your thread !! I need some support. It has been a rough year and I fell off the woe HARD before the holidays. I am now back at it and doing as well as I can.I have lost 6 pounds since the first of January. Not great, I will take any and all losses. I am looking for ward to posting and getting to know you all. Hope we all have a great LC day !!!!
Jaded!!! So darned glad to see a friendly face. Seems like we've both had some setbacks. Now it's time to dig back in and finish what we started.

I decided to give the 72 version a shot and started today. Only problem is I don't have that book and I'm seeing different limitations. So I'd do my best and keep digging.

Today I had two boiled eggs
4 oz cheese
Steak and shrimp
Water....
Old 01-21-2014, 10:07 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning and welcome to this thread Jaded62.
I am pretty happy this morning,I lost 3lbs this week
Great recipe Kalamati.Keep up the good work.I have been sticking to the plan and it is paying off.
Dinner last night was chicken. I put 2chicken breasts in the crock pot with 1/4cup liquid Italian dressing and 1/2cup broth or water and cook on low for 5-6hrs or less,check because not all crockpots are the same temperature. When done take them out,drain juices and put in a pot with some more broth and a bit of cream,thicken with guar gum,pour over chicken and enjoy. You can use any herbs you like. Was very good,hubby even liked it. Hope you have a good day,I am going for a walk now before I get stopped by housework
See you later.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:27 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good Morning and welcome to this thread Jaded62.
I am pretty happy this morning,I lost 3lbs this week
Great recipe Kalamati.Keep up the good work.I have been sticking to the plan and it is paying off.
Dinner last night was chicken. I put 2chicken breasts in the crock pot with 1/4cup liquid Italian dressing and 1/2cup broth or water and cook on low for 5-6hrs or less,check because not all crockpots are the same temperature. When done take them out,drain juices and put in a pot with some more broth and a bit of cream,thicken with guar gum,pour over chicken and enjoy. You can use any herbs you like. Was very good,hubby even liked it. Hope you have a good day,I am going for a walk now before I get stopped by housework
See you later.

Sounds great Pickles... Think I might start a folder on my desktop with recipe ideas I get from here.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:36 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

day 2 of '72

Ok.. I KNOW it's just coincidence.. BUT last night I finished off my first full day on the 1972 version with a large meal. When I woke up today I was down 3.5 lbs!!

So just for record keeping sake, I did noticed the following.

I ate my first meal/snack earlier in the day. I'm not a morning person so I usually stay up late and sleep late. Like today, I didn't get up until 11 am. So again i'm late getting my first meal in.

I ate less, more often. Since entering into ketosis weeks ago, I generally eat 3 main meals spread out but I'm rarely ever "hungry" so sometimes I have to force myself to eat because its been many hours since my last intake.

Lastly, I noticed that last night I ate a larger meal then previously. I had a large steak and half a bag of shrimp. That is something I used to eat a lot of the last time I did Atkins and never had a problem with it. So I'm curious if with the lack of hunger, have I been ingesting enough fat or food necessary to get the numbers lost that I did last time.

So, once again I'm going to try to eat smaller meals but more often during this week of '72 to see if i can get more food in and see how it goes. I'm a big girl so maybe my body (even though I don't feel hungry), has been in a semi starvation mode of saving everything.

Dunno, but it's something to play with as I've finally seen the first big drop in 3 weeks.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:23 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
Hello,
Hope all are doing well and had a good day !!! Thank You for the kind words and Welcome Pickles !!! Nice to meet you.
KATT HAPPY DANCE for your loss !!!! That is great. I remember doing Atkins 72 back in the 1970`s. It will melt weight off of you. I just can not start off that strict. I will consider it later on, though. My go to is a meat and egg fast to jump start this woe.
I did well today and yesterday. I am trying to cut out snacking at night. I have had that problem ever since I was a TINY teenager. LOL. I worked in a Sonic on the evening shift and would eat my dinner at night after it slowed down. Around 9:00 pm. Old habits are hard to get over.
Well, I hope we all have a great night. It is COLD here. We are better off than some, though. See you all tomorrow.
Jaded62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:42 AM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kalamity, I know you said you couldn't find the book, so if you have any questions about the 72 version, let me know. That's the version I do and I've found it to be the one that definitely works best for me.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:59 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning all.
The same thing goes for me. I will try and help as best as I can. Dinner last night was
B: 2egg omelet with 1oz American cheese and 1 tbsp scallions

L: chicken salad

D: garlic butter broiled Tilapia with tartar sauce(mayo and sf pickle relish)
2c lettuce with 2 tbsp ranch dressing.

S: sf Jello w/hwc.

I think I was good

BTW I got my copy of DADR in a thrift store,lot of others get it on EBay or Amazon.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:01 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Kalamity, I know you said you couldn't find the book, so if you have any questions about the 72 version, let me know. That's the version I do and I've found it to be the one that definitely works best for me.
Actually I do. I've read a few places online and some say eat no carbs, others say eat only biologically zero, and still others say I can have 2 cups of salad for the day. Can you please clear this up for me. I have the list of "allowed" but I'm completely baffled by whats allowed in the first week and what isn't. Also, not to keen on the biological zero remark. Please shed light for me, that would be a great help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded62 View Post
Hello,
Hope all are doing well and had a good day !!! Thank You for the kind words and Welcome Pickles !!! Nice to meet you.
KATT HAPPY DANCE for your loss !!!! That is great. I remember doing Atkins 72 back in the 1970`s. It will melt weight off of you. I just can not start off that strict. I will consider it later on, though. My go to is a meat and egg fast to jump start this woe.
I did well today and yesterday. I am trying to cut out snacking at night. I have had that problem ever since I was a TINY teenager. LOL. I worked in a Sonic on the evening shift and would eat my dinner at night after it slowed down. Around 9:00 pm. Old habits are hard to get over.
Well, I hope we all have a great night. It is COLD here. We are better off than some, though. See you all tomorrow.
Thanks Jaded: today it bounced back up but then I forgot I didn't take my meds. One of which is a water pill (which I hope to come off of after considerable weight loss). Once I took it the bounce went away. I completely understand the meat and egg as a go to. When I don't have something planned or I'm getting low on supplies, that is always my back up meal.

Quote:
Good Morning all.
The same thing goes for me. I will try and help as best as I can. Dinner last night was
B: 2egg omelet with 1oz American cheese and 1 tbsp scallions

L: chicken salad

D: garlic butter broiled Tilapia with tartar sauce(mayo and sf pickle relish)
2c lettuce with 2 tbsp ranch dressing.

S: sf Jello w/hwc.

I think I was good

BTW I got my copy of DADR in a thrift store,lot of others get it on EBay or Amazon.
@ Pickles, I've tried to look at a few places online to purchase one. Some are over 500 dollars! I'm not interested in getting first editions or all that, just one that has the original limitations so I can be clear because I'm getting a lot of mixed messages. Hence, I'm still in week one and today I broke down and had a salad because I've been eating no carbs what so ever for days. Again, I'm hung up on what biologically zero means and don't want to harm myself by not eating some lettuce/veg if I'm really supposed to be doing so. Ugh! the confusion is mind boggling.

As for me, and how I'm doing. Today was an off day. I ate on plan, or at least I think I did. Should I be eating lettuce.. or shouldn't I? lol. I really DO need to get this sorted out. But that was the only carb I ate today was a shrimp, ham, and cucumber salad for supper Breakfast 2 sausage and one egg, lunch was a left over beef fillet wrapped in bacon and a snack of cheese was the remainder of my intake.

Now I'm off to bed. I joined fellowship with some friends today and it was a long day.. I'm beat! Ni Ni all...