Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 09:38 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pickles1010
Stats: 198 /190.5 /160 5'8
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: Jan. 2004/ Restart:Jan 2014
Seems that this thread is going by the wayside. I don't like to see that but I still will be around this site. Good luck to all and stay strong.
pickles1010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2014, 11:03 AM   #92
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: snatale42
WOE: Atkins Extended Induction
Start Date: Feb 2014
I'd recommend looking into a SodaStream. All their syrups use Splenda instead of Aspartame. I like thier mountain dew and fresca ripoff's. Obviously their not unlimited BUT you can get rid of the caffeine and aspartame. Assuming you can refrain from making 10 gallons of soda a day and gulping it all down! (I MAY have gotten stupid with it once or twice).
snatale42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:28 PM   #93
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RhondaR
Stats: 269/257/170
WOE: Atkins/general low carb
Start Date: March 14, 2014
Aww man, I read through this entire thread and now it seems that everyone has stopped posting
Here's to hoping everyone comes back

I'm restarter like most everyone else who has posted here. I could kick myself for getting off track and letting myself regain everything I lost last year (which was almost 50 lb).
But I have a renewed motivation and feel confident that I can succeed on this journey.
RhondaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:31 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: justme_sara
Stats: 210/186/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2014
Hello all! I am a newbie, first timer on LC, & I'm a Chef - I have always been very athletic and "toned" but never skinny or lean. I've been a culinary instructor for the last 6 years and had a beautiful little girl 19 months ago, since then I have gained almost 60lbs and CAN NOT get it off even with regular "healthy eating". I need all the support I can get - I am now the Food Service Director at a public school in TX and I am SURROUNDED by fried food/high carb snacks/and ice cream all day long. My addiction is Vanilla Dr. Pepper from Sonic and Ranch flavored Sunflower Seeds. Like I said, I am VERY new to all of this and a little overwhelmed right now with all the counting..ketosis..(what is this anyway) net carbs.. good carb vs bad carb.. etc.

Does anyone have a good idea for the carb counter thingy? A VERY easy one to put in and work with. I've tried a few but they were way more trouble than they were worth.

Any advice for basic beginners as well as snacky items (when I'm playing with little one or watching our 30 min of tv)

Look forward to getting to know you all =)
justme_sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:53 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Nimuae
Stats: 296/190.0/165
WOE: Atkins -currently Atkins 72 Induction week 1
Start Date: Restart - 01/24/14
Justme Sara - I would recommend you get a copy of Atkins original diet book from 1972 ~ He lays it out beautifully and imo, that is the version that works the best, every single time as long as you are following it to the letter. It is also the easiest to follow :c) Especially during induction, and you can stay in induction for as long as you want.

I have been back on plan since Jan 24 and am down 22 lbs. :c) I'm still using induction.

There is a thread in the main lobby marked Atkins 72 and that gives you the basics.

I got my copy of Atkins 72 on amazon for 7 bucks. They always seem to have them. Good luck and keep the faith - This WOE really does work

God gives the best to those who leave the choice to him.

March Goals:
Walking / 85 mi / 92

April Goals:
Walking / 95 mi
Nimuae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:42 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: justme_sara
Stats: 210/186/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2014
Nimuae - thanks so much for the adivce & support! I'll be looking into the Atkins72 the next little bit =)
justme_sara is offline   Reply With Quote