Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2014, 07:45 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
Hello,
Hope everyone had a good day yesterday. It is very cold here in the south today !!! Makes me want some chili. I am not going to make it, though.I have too much to do today.
KATT, Happy to hear your loss bounced back down. The best I remember when I did 72 was that you could eat lettuce.It was very strict.NO net carb was the main thing.You have to count regular carbs.Dairy was more limited and NO sweets at all. I wish I could remember more.I did it all through my teen years. My sister`s did it too. Looking back it is funny, I would kill now for the tiny body I had back then. LOL. I weighed 90 pounds !!!!
I am only 5`1 so I looked pretty good.
I have done good this week. The weekends are my devil. I am doing better on them, though.
Let`s all have a great LC day !!! Keep warm !!!
Jaded62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2014, 11:18 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/127.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Basically, you can eat meat, eggs, cheese (up to 4 ounces per day) and your fats (such as olive oil, mayo, butter, coconut oil, etc). If you want, you can have up to 2 loosely packed cups of lettuce with some cucumbers OR a pickle each day. That's it. Keep it clean, keep it simple. If possible, try to avoid things like lunch meat, but if you're going to have them, try to go with higher quality meats, such as Boars Head.

That was his plan for the 2 weeks of induction. Then, after that, you can slowly add in carbs, usually in the form of vegetables or some berries, to find out how many your body can tolerate and still lose. For me, I've been on Induction for 11 months now, because that's how I get my best losses and I prefer to stay on Induction until I reach my goal, and then begin to add the carbs back in, but for some people that's too restrictive, so it's all about what works for you.
250 ~ Weight I need to be under to Zip Line in Vegas with my daughter! Made it! 6/4/13
240 ~ Weight I need to be under to go SkyDiving with my niece! Made It
225 ~ Halfway There. 75 Down, 75 To Go! MADE IT! In just under 6 months!
199 ~ Onderland Here I Come! Made It!! 11/7/13
166 ~ No Longer Obese - Made it 3/14/14
150 ~ Ultimate Goal, Half my body weight gone Made it! 5/23/14
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:45 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KalamityKaTT
Stats: 365/311/185
WOE: Low Carb - Induction
Start Date: January 1st 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded62 View Post
Hello,
Hope everyone had a good day yesterday. It is very cold here in the south today !!! Makes me want some chili. I am not going to make it, though.I have too much to do today.
KATT, Happy to hear your loss bounced back down. The best I remember when I did 72 was that you could eat lettuce.It was very strict.NO net carb was the main thing.You have to count regular carbs.Dairy was more limited and NO sweets at all. I wish I could remember more.I did it all through my teen years. My sister`s did it too. Looking back it is funny, I would kill now for the tiny body I had back then. LOL. I weighed 90 pounds !!!!
I am only 5`1 so I looked pretty good.
I have done good this week. The weekends are my devil. I am doing better on them, though.
Let`s all have a great LC day !!! Keep warm !!!
@ Jaded: Thanks hun. For some reason I never envisioned you that height. Funny how we build up preconceived notions on what we thing we all will look like. I'm going to start photo journaling as well for my own benefit. I'm playing with various IPad Apps to see what I like best. Chili sounds amazing! Funny, I'm 23 days in on this restart/induction and NOW i'm finally having withdrawals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
Basically, you can eat meat, eggs, cheese (up to 4 ounces per day) and your fats (such as olive oil, mayo, butter, coconut oil, etc). If you want, you can have up to 2 loosely packed cups of lettuce with some cucumbers OR a pickle each day. That's it. Keep it clean, keep it simple. If possible, try to avoid things like lunch meat, but if you're going to have them, try to go with higher quality meats, such as Boars Head.

That was his plan for the 2 weeks of induction. Then, after that, you can slowly add in carbs, usually in the form of vegetables or some berries, to find out how many your body can tolerate and still lose. For me, I've been on Induction for 11 months now, because that's how I get my best losses and I prefer to stay on Induction until I reach my goal, and then begin to add the carbs back in, but for some people that's too restrictive, so it's all about what works for you.
@ MtherGoos: Thanks so much for clearing that up. That helps a GREAT deal. I figured it was something like that. It seemed like which ever blog/site I read suggested that each add on come after induction. Also, it suggested that every time the quantities changed, it was with newer versions of the book, so that's where I got confused. I have looked into getting the book online but am trying to find out how many year's cover the first original WOE. I think I read that even the reprinting in the 1980's version is still very much the same, just fine tweaking. Do you know?

As for me, I'm hanging in there. Yesterday was a very hard day for me and the first in which I actually went off plan. I didn't feel well and was lying down for most of the day. My cupboards are getting bare so that probably added to the off plan eating. I also think it could have something to do with the gelatin I had. Even though it was sugar free and zero carbs the sweetness of it triggered a craving. At this point I don't think I can continue eating them. I'm really an all or nothing kind of gal.

So for me, yesterday... I had
Breakfast: 2 sausage, 1 egg
Lunch was left over beef fillet from the night before wrapped in bacon.
Supper was a salad consisting of lettuce, cucumber, shrimp, ham and mushrooms.

Then when I went to bed the sna'phoo happened. I was watching TV on my IPad and wound up reaching for my hubby's almonds. They were AMAZING, but off plan (or a later stage). However, I'm not too beat up about it. With all the things I could have eaten at least I stuck with something that isn't just downright forbidden. In the last 23 days I've managed to turn down ever slice of cake, every scoop of ice cream, all bread, flour and sugar laden items. So If a half a can of almonds is the thing I reach for then I think at least that shows tremendous progress on my part. My go to's used to be a box of mac n cheese, a fast food burger and fries, or something as equally as bad for me.

Being able to identify progress in my setbacks is a good step for me.
365 - 2/1/11 ~ 275 - 8/13/11 ~ 90#s in 6 months.

Restart
327 - 1/1/14
First mini goal - 275 lbs
---------------------------------------------------
KalamityKaTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:33 AM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: miniapplecocoa
Stats: 240.8
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 1/12/14
Good Morning everyone.

I just wanted to pop in and say hello. Kalamity, thank you for acknowledging my post. I am finding that I have not been replied to much. I don't post much because I run a business as a dog groomer and frankly I get really tired by the end of the day. I'm fat and I wrestle dogs all day. LOL!

Plus there is always such good info in all the other post sometimes I just don't have anything to add.

Anyway, It looks like you are doing swell! I ordered the "72" book the other day cause I want to read all the information for myself cause I get confused too. But, your menu from the other day looked right to me.

Have a great "on plan" weekend!
miniapplecocoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:51 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Hello All,
How is everyone today?? Good, I hope. I am doing ok. We are having a cold snap here in Tenn. It is cold as heck. It was 4 degrees here last night. It is only going to be 24 today, if that. I like the 30-50 degree range. I HATE this !!!
Katt, this is just a thought. You might look in your local Library for the Atkins 72 book. They might have it.
Well, I am going to make a LC pizza tonight and some chicken wings. I am wanting it bad. LOL. KATT, I know what you are talking about starting to crave stuff NOW !!! Me too.
I have been craving sweets. In all my 51 years I have never craved sweets !!! Never liked them. More a savory person. I broke down and had an atkins bar last night. I can`t tell it has stalled me.
I weighed and I am down 2 pounds this week !!!!!! Not much, but I will take it.
Well, I hope we all have a great day. Good Luck to all of us this weekend !!!
Old 01-24-2014, 12:43 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniapplecocoa View Post
I just wanted to pop in and say hello. Kalamity, thank you for acknowledging my post. I am finding that I have not been replied to much. I don't post much because I run a business as a dog groomer and frankly I get really tired by the end of the day. I'm fat and I wrestle dogs all day. LOL!

Plus there is always such good info in all the other post sometimes I just don't have anything to add.

Anyway, It looks like you are doing swell! I ordered the "72" book the other day cause I want to read all the information for myself cause I get confused too. But, your menu from the other day looked right to me.

Have a great "on plan" weekend!
@ miniapplecocoa: No need to thank me. When folks take the time to share, comment, or just poke in to say hello I appreciate it. I always try to comment on everything because I want everyone to feel connected and welcome.

As for your choice of professions. I respect you beyond measure. Firstly because I am a huge animal lover with a focus on dog rescue. I currently have 6 dogs and am proud to admit that not one of them is a store bought/breed specific animal. That isn't to say they don't identify as one thing or another, just that they didn't come from a breeder who makes profit from overpopulation. Each and everyone of them has been rescued at some point either off the streets or from a kill shelter. My own personal dog is a Queensland heeler. I found her on the street about 3 years back sitting in a crate. I'd never dealt with this particular breed before and learning that she had 2 coats of fur was frightening. I was mistakenly told they only blow coat about once a year. They didn't add that it was continuous! One day my son offered to shave her down and I took him up on it. I have continued in that tradition ever since as she looks and feels amazing and I'm not left to sweep up mounds of fur several times a day so I feel you for wrangling animals. We try and get our 6 through the bath at least once a month and its very very tiring. Luckily most of them are so use to it that they sit there peacefully now. However we recent acquired a German Shepard mix puppy and she hasn't learned the ropes yet. Ugh! She is all legs and can really tear a person up trying to avoid the shower. You have my respect, and my sympathy.

Quote:
Hello All,
How is everyone today?? Good, I hope. I am doing ok. We are having a cold snap here in Tenn. It is cold as heck. It was 4 degrees here last night. It is only going to be 24 today, if that. I like the 30-50 degree range. I HATE this !!!
Katt, this is just a thought. You might look in your local Library for the Atkins 72 book. They might have it.
Well, I am going to make a LC pizza tonight and some chicken wings. I am wanting it bad. LOL. KATT, I know what you are talking about starting to crave stuff NOW !!! Me too.
I have been craving sweets. In all my 51 years I have never craved sweets !!! Never liked them. More a savory person. I broke down and had an atkins bar last night. I can`t tell it has stalled me.
I weighed and I am down 2 pounds this week !!!!!! Not much, but I will take it.
Well, I hope we all have a great day. Good Luck to all of us this weekend !!!
@ Jaded: Good thought, I will do that today I think. It's a brilliant idea as I plan to stay in induction long term so I can just scan the parts I need for now until I can obtain my own copy. I need to hit the store as well as I've run really low on most everything and am living on meat and eggs. LOL
Old 01-24-2014, 12:45 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Quick report

I forgot to add that the scale was again kind to me. Looks like 72 is paying off.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:22 AM   #38
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Trismama
Stats: 235/207/160
WOE: Atkins-Induction
Start Date: January 6, 2014
Phew, busy few weeks but managed to stay on track and happy to be able to find the time to log back in! LO is having sweet dreams currently Love him but love my peace time too! Today made a crockpot full of induction friendly chili. Came out great and was worth the 5 hour wait. Made cornbread and rice on the side for LO. I was quite happy with just the chili. That's saying something for a born and raised Louisianian. We love our cornbread
Trismama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:24 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pickles1010
Stats: 198 /190.5 /160 5'8
WOE: ATKINS 72
Start Date: Jan. 2004/ Restart:Jan 2014
Good Morning to all.
How are you doing?. I am checking in and reporting that I am hanging in there and have not fallen off plan. I did have Ham for dinner last night and I am retaining water. I will talk later since it's a beautiful day, in the low 70s. Going out to do some gardening.
pickles1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 11:28 AM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickles1010 View Post
Good Morning to all.
How are you doing?. I am checking in and reporting that I am hanging in there and have not fallen off plan. I did have Ham for dinner last night and I am retaining water. I will talk later since it's a beautiful day, in the low 70s. Going out to do some gardening.
Ugh, don't get me started on the water retention I have going on right now.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:41 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Still here!!

I'm still here.. doing well. I've had a few things that aren't induction worth but still within LC confines. I have a big test tonight as I'm going to a fellowship buffet at Church tonight. I doubt there will be too much LC food so I'm going to prepare in advance. In the meantime, I'm doing well. I did manage to break my toe so that has me a bit layed up. But I'm still down to about 315. Feels like TOM will be here soon. UGh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trismama View Post
Phew, busy few weeks but managed to stay on track and happy to be able to find the time to log back in! LO is having sweet dreams currently Love him but love my peace time too! Today made a crockpot full of induction friendly chili. Came out great and was worth the 5 hour wait. Made cornbread and rice on the side for LO. I was quite happy with just the chili. That's saying something for a born and raised Louisianian. We love our cornbread
@Trismama: I'd love to hear how you made it and how many carbs you feel there are?

Quote:
Good Morning to all.
That's what I was trying to do today. Hard to do with the toe! but its so nice outside lately!

Quote:
Ugh, don't get me started on the water retention I have going on right now.
lol Right?
Old 01-27-2014, 10:47 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Hello,
Katt, SORRY to hear you broke your toe !! I know how that feels. Painful !!! Hope it heals fast.
My weekend sucked. My sister is back in the hospital. She had to have surgery last week and is having some problems. She will most likely have to have another one to fix the problem from the first one !! Crazy.
I did go off plan a bit. I am back on today, though.Hope to keep it this way.
Hope we all have a great LC day !!!
Old 01-27-2014, 12:56 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Another 1.5lbs gone I am happy with that. What a bummer about your broken Toe,that hurts,hope you don't have to be on your Feet at work.
I have the crock pot going with some chicken in chile verde salsa,some onion and garlic and lots of cumin( one of my favorite spices). I love Mexican food
Last night we had stuffed zucchini,spilt one squash for both of us and had a mix of hamburger with salsa,a bit of enchilada sauce,some mozzarella and a bit of taco seasoning.baked it and had a salad.
Hope you all have a nice day. Stay strong.

Ever seen a skinny grain eater? ( pig, horse, cow)
Ever seen a fat protein eater? (tiger, leopard, lion)

Old 01-27-2014, 01:39 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hello,
Katt, SORRY to hear you broke your toe !! I know how that feels. Painful !!! Hope it heals fast.
My weekend sucked. My sister is back in the hospital. She had to have surgery last week and is having some problems. She will most likely have to have another one to fix the problem from the first one !! Crazy.
I did go off plan a bit. I am back on today, though.Hope to keep it this way.
Hope we all have a great LC day !!!
Thanks Hun, It's finally starting to turn back to a pink (albeit slowly) instead of this ugly gray blackish color.

So sorry to hear about your sister. May she have a speedy recovery from all that ails her.

Quote:
Another 1.5lbs gone I am happy with that. What a bummer about your broken Toe,that hurts,hope you don't have to be on your Feet at work.
I have the crock pot going with some chicken in chile verde salsa,some onion and garlic and lots of cumin( one of my favorite spices). I love Mexican food
Last night we had stuffed zucchini,spilt one squash for both of us and had a mix of hamburger with salsa,a bit of enchilada sauce,some mozzarella and a bit of taco seasoning.baked it and had a salad.
Hope you all have a nice day. Stay strong.
Your meals always sound so fantastic. I wish I was that creative. Are they just ideas you've come up with or is there a mexican type site that caters to LC (I'm a huge mexican food fanatic). I know there are sites out there... Like Linda's and such.. It's just always nice to hear about those that don't offer standard recipes.

As for me, I'm great. I did have an off day yesterday. My first one in 27 days. Actually it was an off plan evening. I went to a buffet with a church fellowship I've been checking out and decided to just enjoy my evening since no LC options were offered. I don't regret it really. It was nice to just sit back and fellowship with others. I guess I should mention that most of the food offered was Mexican. lol That and Chinese are my weaknesses. I should really invest in some various recipes for those two styles of food so that i can have LC options.

Regardless, while I didn't expect any losses I was perplexed to see a return of a few lbs. Then I realized I hadn't taken my medications in the last two days and TOM is knocking on my door so that explains it. I know the Mexican food will create a stall but I didn't consume enough to do much damage other than kicking myself out of ketosis for a day or two.

In the meantime I started right back on Induction today with no problems or cravings... (thats very strange for me). I know it will be a slow week for me but I'm learning to roll with the punches and as long as I'm not going up.... I'm winning and the losses will come. =D
Old 01-27-2014, 10:08 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hotchick818
Stats: 213/203/165
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 1/5/14 Restart Low carb
Very good thread Katt! I have enjoyed following your journey and the other ladies as well. I restarted earlier this month and am excited. I've been doing pretty well and am looking forward to reaching my goal before my birthday in August. At the rate I'm going, I should be there by Memorial Day. That is such an exciting thought. Being chunky during the summer months is the worst thing ever! I'll be joining you ladies to check in and share. Keep up the great work!
hotchick818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:00 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotchick818 View Post
Very good thread Katt! I have enjoyed following your journey and the other ladies as well. I restarted earlier this month and am excited. I've been doing pretty well and am looking forward to reaching my goal before my birthday in August. At the rate I'm going, I should be there by Memorial Day. That is such an exciting thought. Being chunky during the summer months is the worst thing ever! I'll be joining you ladies to check in and share. Keep up the great work!

@ Hotchick: Thanks for the encouragement. I, as i'm sure the other ladies, really appreciate any feedback received. Congrats to you for sticking to your plan and working to achieve your goals. With that attitude I'm sure you will have no problems.

As for me, I just did my very first Quiche. I'm excited to see how it turns out. I made a batch that included eggs (obviously), sausage, onion, mushrooms and heavy creme. Can't wait to see how it turns out. There are 16 servings and I used my scanner to track the carb and calorie load. There is 11 grams (plus 3 fiber) so regardless on if you subtract fiber or not, there is potentially only .5 grams in each serving. I sure hope they taste as good as they looked making. I've been dying to find something I can make in bulk because I'm such a late sleeper its nice to be able to wake up, grab something then not worry about napping.

So how is everyone else doing? I would love to hear from ya'll. Personally, I bounced back from my evening of off plan eating. I noticed a large gain, but as previously stated I had forgotten my meds for two days. Now this morning I'm back down to 318 so I'm encouraged that my mini slip didn't do much more than derail my ketosis. I'm also really shocked about how easy it was for me to wake up the next morning and start right back with the healthy eating. In the past I've always used slips to justify a few days to a full week off plan. I'm quite proud of myself.

I'll be back later to share a photo of my quiche (if it tastes well) in case anyone else in interested.

Much respect to all!
Old 01-28-2014, 02:48 PM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: queen
Stats: 285/277/261
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 01/28/14
new

Hi I'm new to Atkins I could use some friends
Just started today
queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:21 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by queen View Post
Hi I'm new to Atkins I could use some friends
Just started today
Queen! Glad you joined us. Please feel free to chime in any time with questions comments or suggestions. For some of us, this isn't the first time around and we learn best when we share each others successes and reasons for bumps in the road. Also, we share meal plans, recipes.. basically anything within the boards TOS.

Feel free to give us a bio about yourself so we can get to know you and maybe share what brings your to Atkin's? I look forward to getting to know you.

And again, Welcome to the thread and to this new WOE (Way of eating).
Old 01-29-2014, 06:44 AM   #49
Junior LCF Member

Hello all, just checking in. Finally dropped another 1.2 pounds and holding steady at 220. I seem to be lingering there. Idk if this means I should move up the rung or stay put and try to hold out a bit longer. I still have another 60 pounds to my goal weight. Trying to hold out to get that scale to move. My inches haven't budged either. So I'll give it another few days before I start to get annoyed lol.

And as far as that chili went I would say maybe 6 net carbs per serving? The only carby things in there were some tomatoes and I didn't even use the entire can and the onions. Does seasoning have carbs?? If they do I doubt its much. I didn't use the packaged seasonings. Trying to stay away from those.

2014 Weight Timeline:
January 235
Old 01-29-2014, 09:00 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Trismama, yes seasonings have carbs. Since they are plant based, they all have carbs.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:40 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Welcome all new and good morning to all.
I have been busy this morning cooking Bacon. Our local Wal-Mart has 3lb packages of bits and pieces of Bacon for less than $8 so I cooked it up except for the big chunks of fat that I will use in cooking. Then I helped my husband with putting in a new Window. All this is getting a lot harder as we get older ( me- 68 )69 in April.
Kalamati your quiche looks yummy good job. The weather is so nice today that I will dig out that pesky cactus out front,it's going to be in the low 70s ,then I will rest and make a easy dinner.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:44 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

MotherGoose
A question please. Did you have the Balloon Festival already ?
Never heard anything on the local Radio.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:00 AM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes Monika, the balloon festival was the weekend before last weekend. Sorry you missed it!
Old 01-30-2014, 06:30 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hello all, just checking in. Finally dropped another 1.2 pounds and holding steady at 220.
Congrats! every little lb adds up in the long run.

Quote:
Welcome all new and good morning to all.
I have been busy this morning cooking Bacon. Our local Wal-Mart has 3lb packages of bits and pieces of Bacon for less than $8 so I cooked it up except for the big chunks of fat that I will use in cooking. Then I helped my husband with putting in a new Window. All this is getting a lot harder as we get older ( me- 68 )69 in April.
Kalamati your quiche looks yummy good job. The weather is so nice today that I will dig out that pesky cactus out front,it's going to be in the low 70s ,then I will rest and make a easy dinner.
Thanks so much, and I really need to take a page from your book and advance cook. It makes life so much easier.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:04 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Quick Pop in!

Quick check in for accountabilities sake. I'm at 315 today. I'm excited because my lowest weight of 275 (last time I did Atkins) is right around the corner. Which means Ketosis has returned. In celebration I decided to get to cooking and prepping future meals.

So far I have cut up/cooked or otherwise fixed:
  • Head of cabbage
    Great for frying or adding jicama to for Cole slaw
  • lb of bacon
  • lb of sausage
  • dozen boiled eggs
  • slab of turkey
    great for adding to omelets, salads etc.
  • 5 lbs of chuck steak
    I buy this in bulk and then slick up and freeze individual servings.
  • tuna
  • mock potato salad
  • quiche

Hopefully I will have time to make up some MB brownies and some chocolate bark and cheesecake. **These are induction friendly, but not 1972' version friendly.

My hope is that I can use these to replace some of hubbies other snack items since he is a diabetic.

Much love and respect to all

And I'll try to come back later with photos =D
Old 01-31-2014, 01:36 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations Kalamati. Doesn't it feel good ? You have been busy but now you can relax a bit. Are you watching the Game on Sunday? We are not football fans ( used to be ) so we are watching Netflix. Have a nice day
Old 01-31-2014, 02:22 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Congratulations Kalamati. Doesn't it feel good ? You have been busy but now you can relax a bit. Are you watching the Game on Sunday? We are not football fans ( used to be ) so we are watching Netflix. Have a nice day
Thanks so much! I really appreciate it. I feel terrific today. To see these numbers with TOM staring me right in the face is so very encouraging. I lost 2 .lbs in the first 2 weeks but 14 in the second for a grand total of 16. lbs for the month of February. I'll take it!

I'm guessing we WILL be watching the super bowl. We aren't really big football fans either but as my hubby begins to slow down in the 2nd half of his life I've noticed football shows up a lot more often now. I've actually grown fond of the Bronco's so I will probably be glued to the T.V. off and on. Otherwise the hubby usually monopolizes the remote so I do my netflix viewing on my Ipad. =D

Oh and as promised, here is a preview of all my hard work yesterday

It's so easy to eat on plan when everything is sitting there organized and prepped. It should be a terrific week.

I've set a new mini goal for myself. I'm going to work and plan my keister off in an effort to get as close to 275 by my birthday. That's 36 .lbs in 37 days. A very tall order but I'll do my best to get as close as possible. That number is the place I left off on a few years ago when all my life fell to pieces. It will be an amazing day once I retake that lost achievement. I haven't been that weight, or below in 17 years.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:17 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Wow,that is great work. Also your loss of pounds is amazing. I am trying to get into the 180s this month. Haven't been there in years.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:38 AM   #59
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamityKaTT View Post
I've set a new mini goal for myself. I'm going to work and plan my keister off in an effort to get as close to 275 by my birthday. That's 36 .lbs in 37 days. A very tall order but I'll do my best to get as close as possible. That number is the place I left off on a few years ago when all my life fell to pieces. It will be an amazing day once I retake that lost achievement. I haven't been that weight, or below in 17 years.
I love mini goals. I find they are so much better to focus on than wanting to
achieve my full loss goal. This month I'm wanting to get to 200lbs which I KNOW for a fact I can do plus more.
We are still in the process of having a weight loss challenge at work and have our final weigh in on 2/21. Gotta beat the rest of these ladies!
Old 02-01-2014, 11:25 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Wow,that is great work. Also your loss of pounds is amazing. I am trying to get into the 180s this month. Haven't been there in years.
@Pickles: Thanks for the acknowledgement of my hard work. It helps to know others notice. Your goal is absolutely obtainable and I'll be here cheering you on.

Quote:
I love mini goals. I find they are so much better to focus on than wanting to
achieve my full loss goal. This month I'm wanting to get to 200lbs which I KNOW for a fact I can do plus more.
We are still in the process of having a weight loss challenge at work and have our final weigh in on 2/21. Gotta beat the rest of these ladies!
@Trismama: I like mini goals too. It's like hitting milestones which makes your end goal less daunting. You also have an obtainable goal. Good Luck and remember you have a cheering section over here!

I wanted to share a quote I read with you ladies, and anyone else who reads/responds here. I was surfing around looking for a way to make very low carb taquitos when I ran across the following quote.

"Don't sacrifice what you REALLY want for what you MERELY want right now."

This really resonates with me because I'll see something I really think I want to eat but when I compare it with the big picture, most times I can get past that craving.