Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   Reflections On Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/820607-reflections-induction.html)

Jenuine 01-09-2014 02:42 PM

Reflections On Induction

I've only lost 6 pounds in 9 days. :annoyed: My biggest challenge was to eat 3 meals a day and snacks. I'm a PSYCH nurse and tbh, it's hard to eat at work but I am doing it. I'm definitely not drinking enough water and probably too much diet coke. I'm thinking of incorporating some coconut oil in my diet and my digestion seems a bit sluggish. This is my third time doing Atkins, twice in my 30's and now I'm 41. I'm hoping that perseverance is the key here. Things are going slower and would appreciate any advice you could give to help me tweak this process.

pulchritudinous_j 01-09-2014 03:30 PM

Hi, Jenuine!
I'll graduate from an RN program in May and have *loved* my psych rounds, and I can totally understand why you feel like you're rushed when eating.
How many times have you gone on LC? For many people, re-starting numerous times doesn't give the results that they saw the first time on LC.
I like to incorporate coconut oil into my BPC (Bullet Proof Coffee) in the morning; beware - too much when you first start taking it can cause major belly problems.
For the sluggish digestion, I like to take magnesium (between 500-750mg a day) along with my other supplements. It always does the trick!
You may want to post a sample menu for others to critique. My best advice is to eat as cleanly as possible and stick it out. You got this!

Bonny-Jean 01-09-2014 03:32 PM

Well, hello there. :hiya:
Firstly, give us some idea what you're eating and how much, as well as how much you're drinking on an average day. Are you exercising?? Every bite counts so give us a good snapshot of what you're doing.

MtherGoos 01-09-2014 04:38 PM

Jenuine, 6 pounds in 9 days is AWESOME! You're most likely not going to lose as quickly at 41 as you did in your 30's. Unfortunately, that's just how it works. In my 20's and 30's I could drop 100 pounds in 3 or 4 months, now I'm 46 and it's taken me 10 months. That's okay though, because having it come off slower means that I've actually made it a way of life this time and I know I'm going to stick with it and not have to go through this all over again.

I wouldn't tweak anything yet. Eat clean, eat real foods, and have patience and persistence. What you're doing is obviously working if you've lost that much already.

Mimosa23 01-10-2014 01:35 AM

I agree with MthrGoos, 6lbs in 9 days is amazing!!!!! Well done so far!

I wouldn't tweak either, it may even stall you in the long run. Stick with what works, and eat what you are allowed to eat on induction. I think drinking less diet soda will be good for your health in the long run.

I am happy if I lose 6lbs in 6 weeks, so I think you are doing great so far!

Jenuine 01-12-2014 07:31 AM

I am eating clean. In retrospect I think I'm eating too much cheese. Definitely need to increase my water intake. I did have a much needed Rum and diet coke friday night after a crappy shift lol. You ladies are amazing! Thank you!