Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   Stuck..scale not dropping..advice? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/820494-stuck-scale-not-dropping-advice.html)

AmberLPN 01-07-2014 04:56 PM

Stuck..scale not dropping..advice?

Hello everyone,

Im having a problem this time around with atkins. Ive done this off and on for 10 years and have never ran into this problem. Although each attempt was successful at losing weight, i never kept it off.:notwrthy:

Im losing fat but the scale hasn't moved. I usually drop 15-20 in maybe 3 weeks. Its been about... since dec 6-10 i started atkins up again. I have been strict too. Lots of clean whole foods and little to none processed foods. I have limited my prepackages low carb foods as well. I notice i have more cravings when i don't eat clean. The only thing i can think of causing this is maybe not eating enough fat? :confused:

Which also brings me to my next problem, not going.... :dunno: this is a little in detail but i weighed myself one day and not a pound had fallen off. I knew i hadn't went to the bathroom either so I pulled a nursing intervention on myself (yes, i am a nurse) and drank a tea to help get things moving. The following day after getting it all out my system BOOOM.. there went 5 POUNDS OF....well you know. I drink plenty of water, get plenty of meats and veggies and watch my carbs, making sure they stay under 20 daily. So if anyone has any advice I would love it

Annabel Lee 01-07-2014 05:17 PM

Hi AmberLPN,:)
I am not sure if I can be much help, but I have been stalled for a long, long time.
I was eating quite a bit of Splenda. No Sugar, no grains, no starchy veggies.
I finally stopped the Splenda (the pourable kind in the big bag) and now I am moving again!
If you are eating Splenda you may want to try and stop it for a while and see what happens.
Also I must be under 10 grams of carbs a day to lose.
You may want to try lower carbs.
Wishing you the best.

AmberLPN 01-07-2014 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annabel Lee (Post 16746728)
Hi AmberLPN,:)
I am not sure if I can be much help, but I have been stalled for a long, long time.
I was eating quite a bit of Splenda. No Sugar, no grains, no starchy veggies.
I finally stopped the Splenda (the pourable kind in the big bag) and now I am moving again!
If you are eating Splenda you may want to try and stop it for a while and see what happens.
Also I must be under 10 grams of carbs a day to lose.
You may want to try lower carbs.
Wishing you the best.

Thank you for that advice. I don't believe I am eating ' too much splenda" but i will def keep track just to be safe. As far as eating less carbs, yikes! I'm not sure my body can go without any more than it already does. I mean my normal day meal plan is as followed

Breakfast
1 cup of coffee
2 eggs scrambled with spinach, garlic, onion powder, chili flakes,spicy italian sausage, a pink of extra sharp cheddar cheese and a beeping scoop of mayo
(yes, mayo I love this stuff)

lunch
usually some lettuce with grilled chicken and sour cream as dressing
or
cheese, a handful of raw almonds and a pepperoni stick
or
a lc yogurt

Dinner
usually a nice ribeye
some steamed vegis
side salad
or
hamburger patty with onion and lots of mayo

I drink about 2 L of water minimum a day. Maybe 1 medium size diet soda. I don't eat sweet stuff because it makes me crave.

I take many supplements ... a multi for her, a super b complete, super primrose, vitrex, a probiotic, and recently up until this week took 3-4000mg of CLA(tonalin)

So thats my day in a nut shell. :help:

pulchritudinous_j 01-07-2014 07:29 PM

Well, you say you know you're losing fat so that in itself is AWESOME. Google "Why the scale lies" to find out more about the physiological rationale behind seeing slow results when weighing.
Remember, your body fills up empty fat cells with water in anticipation of replenishing the fat supplies.
I've also heard people on this forum mention that the more times they return to LC, the slower their initial progress. Just be patient and keep eating clean. Your menu looks pretty good. Are you tracking your intake? Sometimes we're consuming more/less macros than we estimate.

MtherGoos 01-08-2014 10:28 AM

Hi Amber! One thing to remember is that the more often we're on and off plan, and the older we get, the harder it is to lose. I used to be able to drop 100 pounds easily in 3-4 months with Atkins, now it's taken me almost a year. That's okay though, the longer it takes, the more I know that it's actually become my lifestyle now and I know that I'll stick with it.

For me, I discovered that if I take a Probiotic, it causes me not to go to the bathroom as often. Once I quit taking it, everything was back on track again.

Many people have found that taking Magnesium each day also helps to keep things regular. I take 2 Magnesium every morning with my vitamins.

You said that you "limit" your low carb pre packaged food, but you might try cutting them out altogether and just sticking to clean, real food. The cleaner you can keep it, the better off you'll be.

You might also try adding some coconut oil in each day and that may also help with the bathroom issues as well as increasing your daily fat intake.

Hope that helps! Those are just a few things that I would try, but honestly just being consistent and patient are your best bets. It will happen as long as you stay on plan.

jedswife 01-08-2014 10:57 AM

you may need to up your calories and up your fat intake a little - eating too little calories and not enough fat will keep you from losing.

i restarted in october - the first month i dropped 20 lbs but appetite seriously shrank and i was only eating about 1200 calories and the weight was not moving - i upped my calories to about 1800 with a little more fat and presto the weight started moving again.

AmberLPN 01-08-2014 12:06 PM

thank you so much for the tips and advice everyone. I have tried to uptake my fat so we will see if that will jumpstart the pound shedding :)

Bonny-Jean 01-08-2014 03:25 PM

Amber: I would ditch the sausage, pepperoni, almonds and yogurt. I could be wrong but I don't think any of those are on the allowable "induction" foods. Those prepared meats might be full of fillers and hidden sugars and I don't think any kind of nut is allowed yet. I'm not 100% on the yogurt but don't think it's on the list either. Good luck.

caseyglew 01-08-2014 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean (Post 16748277)
Amber: I would ditch the sausage, pepperoni, almonds and yogurt. I could be wrong but I don't think any of those are on the allowable "induction" foods. Those prepared meats might be full of fillers and hidden sugars and I don't think any kind of nut is allowed yet. I'm not 100% on the yogurt but don't think it's on the list either. Good luck.

agreed!

bluex 01-09-2014 06:44 AM

Count me as another that believes in the "up your fat and calories" mantra.

Yesterday morning, for example, I weighed in at 231.5. At the end of the day I had taken in 120g of Fat, 12g of TOTAL carbs (7 NET), 85g of Protein for a total of 1500 calories. I also worked out on the elliptical for 35 mins. I drank about 3L+ of water. So my fat was 74%, protein 23% and carbs 3%....

I woke up today weighing in a 229.8. So upping it a little works for me. Normally I keep my fats at around 67% or so and that works nice.

AmberLPN 01-12-2014 11:31 AM

Thanks for everyone help. I did figure out that once i up'd my fat things started to move along. AS far as sausage goes, I prefer not to cut it out since I am since on the 20 or less a day but not so much on the "2 week induction". Thanks for the tips everyone :clap:

cpwarrior 01-12-2014 12:56 PM

Have you avoided breads, alcohol, simple sugars ? If so find an endocrinologist, you may need to get your thyroid checked, if you haven't already.