Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2014, 08:57 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Vino643
Induction success stories !!

Greetings all LCF's

Please share your induction success stories !! Do tell if you had any specific non-standard foods / beverages that had either a positive or negative impact. Keep on rockin' towards your new bods

Vino643 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2014, 11:45 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
I've been on Induction for about 10 1/2 months now, so I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for, or just 2 week induction success stories. But I'm down almost 120 pounds in that amount of time by sticking to Induction. I keep it pretty simple, meat, eggs, cheese, and fats such as butter, olive oil, mayo, and coconut oil. Every once in a while I'll splurge and have some avocado, but other than that I stick to the foods that Dr. Atkins listed in his 72 book for Induction Foods.
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:03 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

That's fantastic. You must be very proud! I can understand why, after those milestones, a person might be hesitant to change the regiment. After all, it comes down to what works best for each individual. Great success story
Old 01-09-2014, 06:26 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kay9
Stats: 432/209/200
WOE: Atkins (DANDR 2002) Extended Induction
Start Date: August 27th 2013
Been on Induction for 4 months, 13 days and down 83lbs. Daily intake is pretty simple. Coffee w/ hwc, CO and Davinci SF Syrup in the morning then water through out the day then my main meal in the evening. Then finally a medium glass of ecodrink for a nice added sweetness to end the night.

Last edited by kay9; 01-09-2014 at 06:28 PM..
kay9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 04:35 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Vino: I'd like to hear some stories of people who have hit goal and stayed there for a year. I see so many people that "are back again" or "starting over" and it's kind of unnerving!! Is there no long term success on this WOE?? I guess most programs have dismal long term stats but it is a little depressing to think I probably won't be among the tiny amount that make it and keep it off!! This is very hard yet they say the maintenance is even harder! OH MY!!
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:44 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bonny, I heard a news story the other day that said that 95% of people that lose weight don't keep it off. That's with all plans, not just low carb. I think it's because most people think of it as a "diet", and they reach goal and go back to what they were doing before. I've been guilty of that myself many times before. I think that the key to success is to realize that this is a life change. This is the way that we should eat for the rest of our lives. Of course you can have the occasional splurge or treat or off plan meal, but then you're right back to your regular way of life. For me, I think that will be the key to success in maintenance. I HOPE so anyway! LOL I feel like I finally have this all figured out, and like, for the first time ever, my head is in the right place and I'll be able to finally keep it off. Time will tell......
Old 01-10-2014, 03:44 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
Oh, I agree. I believe most, if not all "programs" have horrible success rates. I once researched all the so called diets and the most popular one had the most success at 20%. I'm sure I have my head in it and even on the off days, know enough to get back on and keep going and yes, this is a lifetime of planning and making daily correct choices. All my blessing and love for both of us. I have faith in you!!
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:58 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Bonny - stay positive healthy living and good fitness is a lifestyle that people need to adopt, rather that a diet that helps them trim down for a while , right? It's amazing to me how people don't realize that they can't go back to the lifestyle they lead, when they were unhappily unhealthy. If we want real changes, we have to change our lives
Old 01-10-2014, 08:01 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

nice work Kay!!! Such a remarkable accomplishment. Plans to transition to OWL?
Old 01-12-2014, 05:30 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: FoxyLocks311
Stats: 182/166/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 6, 2014
My Induction Success Story

Today is my seventh day of being on Induction. I just started Monday. I started at 182 lbs and right now I'm at 176. A loss of 6 lbs! Woohoo!

I am especially proud of myself for surviving a trip with my family to Golden Corral (a huge buffet) yesterday. Walking the length of buffet, I just wanted to die. The Mexican food and carb bombs were calling my name, but I persevered. I made myself a small taco salad with lettuce, beef, cheese, pico de gallo, sour cream, and guacamole. Then I nibbled on some rotisserie chicken and mushrooms cooked in butter to distract myself from the deserts my family members were bringing back to our table. I can't say it wasn't torture, but I survived and my feeling of accomplishment will help me going forward.

This is my first post, but I've been creeping on this board all week. I love all of the support and suggestions. Thank you all!
FoxyLocks311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:42 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome Foxy! It sounds like you did a great job in a tough situation. Trust me, it gets much easier! I look forward to following your journey and hope you post often!
Old 01-12-2014, 08:02 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jenuine
Start Date: 01/01/14
Day 12, 7 pounds gone. Diet coke and cheese stall me I believe. Pretty sure I'll be extending my induction phase. This is my 3rd time doing atkins btw.
Jenuine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:55 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kay9
Stats: 432/209/200
WOE: Atkins (DANDR 2002) Extended Induction
Start Date: August 27th 2013
Thanks. I will when i get to around 70-80% of my goal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino643 View Post
nice work Kay!!! Such a remarkable accomplishment. Plans to transition to OWL?
kay9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:04 PM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Trismama
Stats: 235/207/160
WOE: Atkins-Induction
Start Date: January 6, 2014
Hi, on my 7th day of Induction and down 6.5 pounds and lost 1.5 inch on my waist, and one inch each on my bust and hips! Soooo happy!
Trismama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:41 PM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cpatty08
Stats: 247/247/150
Start Date: 01/06/15
Down 5lbs in 5 days...yay me! Im feeling pretty good on my 2nd time around on Adkins. I now dont think of it as a diet too...its a woe. Now that ive embraced this I know this isthe only way for me. I try and follow Adkins 72 but I love salad. I do have only 2 cups a day with parmesan cheese no dressing. I jus cant seem to have only meat. I know iknow...but hey IM LOSING!
cpatty08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:15 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
Start Date: 7-22-12
I have been on Induction for a year and a half. I am down about 100 at this point.

Hey Vino, welcome to Atkins. This program works. Just follow the plan as it is written in the book and you will have success. Most people get into trouble when they try to create their own diet. Just follow the simple rules and be patient, you will lose.

Bonny Jean- This is a way of eating it is not a cure! If you lose weight on Atkins, it is because your body is telling you it doesn't like carbs and it doesn't process them well. If you lose weight and then go back to eating carbs, your body won't have miraculously changed, you will gain weight. This should be looked at as a life long way of eating, not a quick diet. After losing weight, some people think they have control and start eating more and more carbs. When you eat carbs, you crave more carbs and it becomes a viscous cycle. That is why you see people leaving and coming back to this way of eating. I look it at like an alcoholic and drinking. If I eat bad carbs, my life gets out of control quickly so I just avoid them and will do so for the rest of my life.

On Atkins: my brain is clear, I can sleep well, I am off blood pressure meds, I am off diabetes meds, I have lost of ton of weight, I am down six clothing sizes, I can run with my kids, and just feel great. No amount of sugar, no matter how it is presented, is worth losing all of these benefits. So I am now Atkins for life.

(I don't say this stuff lightly. 8 years ago I lost 50 and went back to carbs. My life went out of control. Now I am back for good!)
Big Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:19 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Big Stevie
Stats: 295 Start/212 now/195 goal
Start Date: 7-22-12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpatty08 View Post
I love salad. I do have only 2 cups a day with parmesan cheese no dressing. I jus cant seem to have only meat. I know iknow...but hey IM LOSING!
I don't think there is one person in the world who got fat eating salad. I would just go for it and not stress. Eat dressing but not a lot. Read the labels at the store, there are plenty of dressings that don't have a lot of carbs.
Big Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:05 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rotay60
Stats: 142/136.6/110 for now, 4'11 1/2"
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Re-start again 7/21/14 135/135.4/110ish
MthrGoos...do you not eat any veggies?
rotay60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:06 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: margn
Stats: 186.8/153.4/140
Start Date: June 29,2013
I totally agree with Big Steve, It's a complete change in lifestyle or set yourself up to gain it all back if you stop doing the low carb. Been there done that. I'm Atkins for life. MY LIFE... I recently went to the doctor for my annual exam. Nervous of course, since most think Atkins is BAD for us. Well, the results showed not only had I lost alot of weight this past year ( I was over 200 this time last year), but they cut my BP meds in half, (The BP was normal, but she wanted to be sure and didn't take me off them). She eliminated my cholesterol meds completely, and My doctor stated she was amazed; and is now doing Atkins too. THAT says enough for me..

Granted it is NOT a easy job, It is a roller coaster ride to get to the end results we want. But along the ride we learn so much about ourselves and how our bodies react to foods.

I stall on so many foods, I have to be real strict on an extremely low carb. In the long run it is worth it. I have extremely bad knees and can bearly walk at times, and especially during the bad weather. This year since starting atkins, I am actually able to get out and enjoy doing things again. I spend alot of time walking, which is a rare thing for me. I love this WOE.Not only has it helped me physically... It has been the best decision I ever made.

Last edited by margn; 01-14-2014 at 11:08 AM..
margn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:38 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotay60 View Post
MthrGoos...do you not eat any veggies?
No, I don't. On rare occasion, I might have some avocado or some lettuce, but that's it. And that would be less than once a month. I stick to meat, eggs, cheese, and my fats. I am looking forward to reaching goal and slowly adding in low carb veggies, according the OWL ladder in the Atkins 72 book, but I'm waiting until I'm at goal to do that.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:40 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: onthepath
Stats: 234/213/180
WOE: low carb
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
No, I don't. On rare occasion, I might have some avocado or some lettuce, but that's it. And that would be less than once a month. I stick to meat, eggs, cheese, and my fats. I am looking forward to reaching goal and slowly adding in low carb veggies, according the OWL ladder in the Atkins 72 book, but I'm waiting until I'm at goal to do that.
I can't imagine only meat, eggs, cheese and fats. I'm trying to put my mind around that.
onthepath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:51 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthepath View Post
I can't imagine only meat, eggs, cheese and fats. I'm trying to put my mind around that.
It works perfectly for me. I get to eat amazing, yummy, fat filled food and I've lost almost 125 pounds in less than a year. I never feel like I'm missing out, and I very rarely crave or desire something that isn't on plan.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:59 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It works perfectly for me. I get to eat amazing, yummy, fat filled food and I've lost almost 125 pounds in less than a year. I never feel like I'm missing out, and I very rarely crave or desire something that isn't on plan.
Would you mind describing some of your meals? And, sorry if this is too personal, but do you have any constipation. If so, what do you do about it?
Old 01-28-2014, 05:52 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I keep my meals pretty much the same, just because that's how I usually eat. Even before I was low carbing, I pretty much ate the same things over and over.

For breakfast I usually have 4-6 pieces of bacon.

Lunch is typically something like egg salad. I take 2 hard boiled eggs, dice them up in a bowl and add about 3 tablespoons of mayo and some mustard.

For a snack, I'll have 1 ounce of Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese or 1 Tablespoon of MCT Oil.

Dinner is almost always some type of meat on the grill. Either a ribeye steak, or a pork steak, or hamburger patties. I always eat the visible fat off first, then some of the meat. Once in while I'll make chicken thighs and have a couple of those.

No, I never have a problem with constipation. I take magnesium every day which helps with that, and I know all the fat I eat, especially the MCT oil, helps with that too.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:24 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I keep my meals pretty much the same, just because that's how I usually eat. Even before I was low carbing, I pretty much ate the same things over and over.

For breakfast I usually have 4-6 pieces of bacon.

Lunch is typically something like egg salad. I take 2 hard boiled eggs, dice them up in a bowl and add about 3 tablespoons of mayo and some mustard.

For a snack, I'll have 1 ounce of Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese or 1 Tablespoon of MCT Oil.

Dinner is almost always some type of meat on the grill. Either a ribeye steak, or a pork steak, or hamburger patties. I always eat the visible fat off first, then some of the meat. Once in while I'll make chicken thighs and have a couple of those.

No, I never have a problem with constipation. I take magnesium every day which helps with that, and I know all the fat I eat, especially the MCT oil, helps with that too.
Thanks a bunch!
Old 01-28-2014, 09:15 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: emily1
Stats: 206.8/150/130
Start Date: November 2012
I am exactly 1 month in on induction, I technically started Nov 2012, fell off the wagon in december 2013, now im back on strict induction. I am down 11 pounds from Dec 2013 and about 40 lbs all together since last year. I also take high doses of magnesium which really helps with constipation, back pain, sleep etc. My doc has also put me on Vit A , B Complex,C,D,E,IRON,CALCIUM, OMEGA-3,AND ZINC and either one of them or a combo of them is helping me lose a lot faster than I was before.
For breakfast i usually just have coffee ( not so much breakfast)
I do not always eat lunch but when I do it is usually chicken and veg
for dinner I usually will make myself a pretty swanky low carb dinner (steak,veggies, low carb pizza)
Then I proceed to my fridge about 2 more times and eat strange things like sour cream by itself
emily1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:18 PM   #27
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: HeyPretty
Stats: 306/306/150
Start Date: Feb 2014
In Gary Taube's "Why We Get Fat (And what to do about it)" he states in a footnote that if you stall on the diet, sometimes a 14-24 hour fast can get your body back in gear. He says there's nothing but anecdotal evidence but it still might help. I hope I never have to do that but hey if it works....
HeyPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:16 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Mthrgoos, do you ever incorporate bullet proof coffee or nuts?
Old 01-29-2014, 08:17 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Mthrgoos, I hope that I am not bothering you with all the questions, it's just that I am so admiring your weight loss success.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:27 AM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: May 1, 2014
subbing
Portia is offline   Reply With Quote