Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2014, 07:26 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: eraser51
ah sorry thought I did mention it

I am 300lbs=140kg right now
30 years
186cm
eraser51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2014, 07:45 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bonny-Jean
Stats: 5'4" 228 /147.8 / 138
WOE: Atkins '72 Extended Induction!
Start Date: Sept 16, 2013
I'm thinking around 22-2500 a day for your stats. You're actually a little low on the calories but again if your carbs are 0-10 you should start losing substantially. Please don't go too low on calories or you may completely jeopardize your efforts. Eat clean, eggs, meats, up to 4 oz hard cheese, fats, water.... you will be amazed how quickly you'll drop. Good luck.
We're here for ya.
Bonny-Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:14 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser51 View Post
how many kcal and veggies do you all consume?
I started out at 800 kcals and 7 carbs daily from 5 July 2013 to Jan 2014. I am now in maintenance at 10-12 carbs and <1400 kcals daily. I've lost 143 lbs in under a year.

BUT, and this is a BIG BUT, I've lost tons of weight before not worrying at ALL about counting kcals (calories) -- this time I wanted faster weight loss and it worked. I also wanted to maintain the weight loss which I have NEVER EVER done before because I treated this as a diet and not a WOE or WOL , so data (carbs & kcals) were/are important to me...

These are ACTUAL carbs not NET carbs... I metabolize a carb as a carb as a carb...

Last edited by Just Jo; 07-05-2014 at 09:18 AM.. Reason: Silly Fingers... UGH!!
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 02:09 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinnycj
Stats: 188/155/120
WOE: Atkins 72 hardcore
Start Date: June 2014
Do any if you ladies incorporate walking or exercising? I wonder if my exercising will help me lose quicker, thoughts?
Skinnycj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 02:26 PM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
For ME, exercise slowed my scale losses. Actually brought them to a screeching halt. I exercised for 6 weeks, and had no losses for that time. Only once I got to goal did I add in exercising. Exercise is great for your overall health, but doesn't necessarily aid in your scale losses.
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:19 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Mtherg! I think I may only keep up walking but put my strenuous exercise on hold I definitely don't want my scale to stop moving I am very motivated right now to lose the weight. I am a visual person so I need to see the numbers dropping.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:55 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnycj View Post
Do any if you ladies incorporate walking or exercising? I wonder if my exercising will help me lose quicker, thoughts?
I've exercised everyday of my weight loss so I don't know if it helped/hindered the losses. All I know is that probably 95% of weight loss is diet related and as little as 5% could be exercise. You can't possibly exercise enough to burn that many kcals (calories). That being said, exercising is beneficial to over all health! I always say it's the cherry on top of this way of eating...
Old 07-15-2014, 10:12 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Maybe I shouldn't say but I haven't done a lick!!

I think I may have been a little more toned had I but I didn't.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:40 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean View Post

You can't go back and fix that... but the important thing is/was to lose the weight and you've done AMAZINGLY well!!
Old 07-15-2014, 04:59 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
I've exercised everyday of my weight loss so I don't know if it helped/hindered the losses. All I know is that probably 95% of weight loss is diet related and as little as 5% could be exercise. You can't possibly exercise enough to burn that many kcals (calories). That being said, exercising is beneficial to over all health! I always say it's the cherry on top of this way of eating...
I was worried that I might not lose if it did daily exercise. My class does cardio mixed with strength training. If my scale stops showing a loss I will reduce class from 3-4 times to 2 days a week and walk my 3 miles the other three days. I would rather be thin than be muscle.

I love all the advice you ladies are giving.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:03 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Good to know if is lack off on exercising I will still see results. I am going for whatever is best to lose the weight quickly. Before I started this WOE I tried lots of diets and none worked short of starving which is not healthy so I figure incorporating exercise is healthy and good. It is never too late to start exercising.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:24 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

My belief is exercise will make your body look better and may not show big losses on the scale as quickly but I'd be okay being 125 but looking 110! There's pics online that show 2 girls that are exact same weight but look completely different. One exercises and the other doesn't. It's quite a big difference actually! Plus you may be healthier.

When my old puppy passes, I intend to go back to Curves or do some swimming but right now I'm committed to giving my senior girl all my time. I feel guilty as it is going to work so I can't bring myself to leave her another 2 hrs 3-4 times a week so I'll just have to wait. If you don't hate exercise and are more interested in body shaping / toning than the scale, then I'd say go for it. Muscle weighs more than fat, eh!!!
Old 07-16-2014, 04:59 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
My belief is exercise will make your body look better and may not show big losses on the scale as quickly but I'd be okay being 125 but looking 110! There's pics online that show 2 girls that are exact same weight but look completely different. One exercises and the other doesn't. It's quite a big difference actually! Plus you may be healthier.

When my old puppy passes, I intend to go back to Curves or do some swimming but right now I'm committed to giving my senior girl all my time. I feel guilty as it is going to work so I can't bring myself to leave her another 2 hrs 3-4 times a week so I'll just have to wait. If you don't hate exercise and are more interested in body shaping / toning than the scale, then I'd say go for it. Muscle weighs more than fat, eh!!!
Awwww sorry about your "girl" I know what you mean! I have a lil shedder myself who's 10 yo but he goes on my daily walks for about a mile and I have a doggie stroller that he rides in after that first mile. Gonna break my when he passes, he's so much a part of our lives...
Old 07-16-2014, 03:51 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Hopefully your pup will hang in there for more years. Dog can surprise is sometimes. I know that is hard we lost our boy earlier this year it was hard. He was part of the family.

I thought I wanted to tone/shape my body but I think I am more focused on getting to goal weight then if I feel I would look better start shaping and toning. I would feel discouraged if I kept toning and continued this woe but didn't lose. So I am making a decision to only run/walk my 3.3 miles three times a week and cut the toning to two days. Thanks for the advice!
Old 07-16-2014, 04:20 PM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Ah, thanks girls. You're very sweet. I've had a dog in my life since I was 19 and on my own. My house isn't a home without one. I lost my yellow boy to renal failure last March so not ready to lose another too soon. They're 3 wks apart and he was a rescue and haven't had a dog love me like that boy did. I really miss him. Gotta stop or gonna make myself cry.

Anyway, Skinny... just wanted to say I HATE exercise although I did like Curves cause their program is so easy to follow, just go from one machine to another and finish the circle. Not much thinking there!
I do agree that exercise will slow the loss but it won't stop it. So your decision is do I take a year and look smoking hot at the end or do I did it in 6 months and be soft and squishy like a marshmallow??? I'm so not kidding hon. I'm confident that had I put some effort into it, my body would look better than it does right now. I think most of us want it off yesterday so that's what a lot of us do. You're doing more than I have been so I would suggest keeping it up cause although I've lost some decent weight, I got some "parts" that are hanging where they should be hanging. Good luck my friend and keep us posted how your doing!
Old 07-16-2014, 05:15 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ah, thanks girls. You're very sweet. I've had a dog in my life since I was 19 and on my own. My house isn't a home without one. I lost my yellow boy to renal failure last March so not ready to lose another too soon. They're 3 wks apart and he was a rescue and haven't had a dog love me like that boy did. I really miss him. Gotta stop or gonna make myself cry.

Anyway, Skinny... just wanted to say I HATE exercise although I did like Curves cause their program is so easy to follow, just go from one machine to another and finish the circle. Not much thinking there!
I do agree that exercise will slow the loss but it won't stop it. So your decision is do I take a year and look smoking hot at the end or do I did it in 6 months and be soft and squishy like a marshmallow??? I'm so not kidding hon. I'm confident that had I put some effort into it, my body would look better than it does right now. I think most of us want it off yesterday so that's what a lot of us do. You're doing more than I have been so I would suggest keeping it up cause although I've lost some decent weight, I got some "parts" that are hanging where they should be hanging. Good luck my friend and keep us posted how your doing!
I guess your right I will keep up the work and watch it pay off at the end. I guess I just have to be a little patient as the weight didn't come on in a day so it will take time to come off. It would be bad to lose and then be really marshmallow like. I am sure you could still firm up in those trouble spots. Just get some hand weights and use them at home so you can still spend time with your doggie. I really like how I don't feel extreme hunger like before. When I do get hungry it's subtle.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:34 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

You got it!
I blushingly must admit, I recently bought dumbbells and they're sitting in the spare room.
I love that Dr. Atkins helped me attain a new body, a new attitude and more happiness and confidence that I wouldn't have thought possible. I thought I could lose 10 a month and may have if I would have incorporated some exercise and now I'm paying for it cause I'm soft and squishy.
I'm happy for you that you are doing some. It may not seem like it today but you'll be surprised how fast TOMORROW actually comes! Good luck.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:51 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You got it!
I blushingly must admit, I recently bought dumbbells and they're sitting in the spare room.
I love that Dr. Atkins helped me attain a new body, a new attitude and more happiness and confidence that I wouldn't have thought possible. I thought I could lose 10 a month and may have if I would have incorporated some exercise and now I'm paying for it cause I'm soft and squishy.
I'm happy for you that you are doing some. It may not seem like it today but you'll be surprised how fast TOMORROW actually comes! Good luck.
Thanks Bonnie! I think we have all done similar things I bought exercise DVDs and used them only a couple times now it sits on my DVD rack. Haha. I feel like I had a better attitude when I was thinner. I felt better and was confident. I feel uncomfortable to be out with my hubby because he looks great and I feel frumpy next to him and feel like people think she is fat to be with him. I'm sure it's just me insecure being at this weight but that 's why I decided I need to make a life change and here I am.
Old 07-19-2014, 02:51 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Irish_Troy
Stats: Age 47 - 211/157/150
WOE: LCHF / NK / Fat Fast
Start Date: 1.1.2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtherGoos View Post
For ME, exercise slowed my scale losses. Actually brought them to a screeching halt. I exercised for 6 weeks, and had no losses for that time. Only once I got to goal did I add in exercising. Exercise is great for your overall health, but doesn't necessarily aid in your scale losses.
This I agree with 100% ....I always get attacked on this topic so let me say first off I am NOT suggesting anybody do what I do or stop exercising. I was a competitive power lifter for 12 years but a lumbar fusion last year combined with a 4 level neck fusion has brought my exercising to a screeching halt.

I'm 5'6" and weighed 211 in January of this year and through changing my way of eating only and no exercise at all other than walking to my truck to drive somewhere, I'm down to 165 and off all meds and my triglycerides went from 450 to 135. I'm not saying this will work for everybody but I do know this, more exercise does not automatically mean faster weight loss.
Irish_Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:55 PM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
I couldn't agree more Troy! I think we each have to find our own path to health and what works for us individually. And NOT exercising during the weight loss phase is what worked for me as well.
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:56 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Romy
Stats: 164/150.0/120-130
WOE: LC
Start Date: July1,2013
The reason that I do not exercise is because I am lazy. When I had my little dog I went for walks with him but now that he is gone so is the walk.
I will need to start exercising because I have developed angel flap arms and that grosses me out in the summer with no sleeve shirts, I always try to cover up.

Those of you that have lost so much wait, how have you coped with excess skin? Is it a problem?
I know that this is a personal question but it is a concern with a lot of the weight loss.
Romy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:05 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kay9
Stats: 432/197/200
WOE: Atkins (DANDR 2002)
Start Date: August 27th 2013
Not a concern with me. Most of the excess skin so far is around the pooch and arm pit area which can be covered easily..

Back in January i did 2 weeks of daily walking 6 miles and my weight loss came to a halt so i stopped and my loss trendline has mostly been downward since. I do move a LOT more and half the time i am bouncing off the walls but i have no intentional exercise program. That will change when i get close or below goal as i will focus on strength training.

Last edited by kay9; 07-20-2014 at 09:07 PM..
kay9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:49 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Troy, mthergoos,romy,& kay9!
I live all the feedback and advice you had to give! It seems that as an overall win to drop the exercise at least until I am at or near my goal. That is what I am going to do as I have not had luck with my scale moving downward in over a week. Only taking short walks but dropping my intense strength training.

Troy- congrats on the weight loss and healthy Tri numbers!

Last edited by Skinnycj; 07-21-2014 at 01:51 PM..
Old 07-21-2014, 02:26 PM   #84
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: amya
Stats: 265/232/145
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 07/17/14
I'm feeling better about missing my Zumba class today. I was wondering why weight loss stops with exercise? We don't burn fat? Thanks!
amya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Amya- I am not sure but wonder why. I think maybe the body's focus is on recouping from the exercise and I read that the muscle maintain water to heal so that night be the gain with exercise.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:48 AM   #86
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DoubleM
Stats: 157/142.8/133
WOE: Atkins / low carb
Start Date: 25 July 2014
I could not live without my exercise but I guess we are all different! The thought of excess skin after losing weight really scares me, I'd hate to make all this effort to end up not looking better overall. My book encourages it and the endorphins created really spur me on. I love having a shape!! (Just not my current shape haha)
DoubleM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:10 PM   #87
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ohmighosh
Stats: 205/179.8/125 (5'1")
Start Date: 26/7/14
I was wondering with the exercise, do you still lose inches even if the numbers aren't shifting? As in will clothing become looser?

My aim to start the WOE this time was a healthier lifestyle in general and trying to exercise more. Feeling unsure if I should leave off if it stops reduction all together.
ohmighosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:39 PM   #88
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Psmileyf
Stats: 215/184/167
Start Date: 8/1/2011- renewed efforts 8/1/2014
I'm on day 2 of induction and it is my second time around. I lost about 50 lbs, but I have put 17 back on, so I am starting over!

In terms of exercising, when I was doing low carb successfully, I did push-ups. I started doing them on the stairs so they would be easier. I started out not being able to do one and I got up to being able to do 25. It was not a lot of exercise, but I think it just helped me tone along the way and I could be done my exercise in a matter of minutes and did not use equipment.
Psmileyf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:30 AM   #89
Junior LCF Member

Well I've only been on induction just over a week, losing 6lbs in first week and not weighing myself again until the end of the 2 weeks (I can't handle the scales if they go up!) and inch wise I've lost 2 inches off bust, 1 off waist, 1 off hips, 1 off thighs - so pretty pleased with inch loss at 5 inches although it's not coming off the places I want haha

I personally think that exercise helps slim n tone.... It really grates on me when people say muscle weighs more than fat.... IT DOESNT!! However, the muscle is more compact (dense) so it takes up LESS ROOM than fat. That's why when you see a lb of muscle against a lb of fat, the fat is so much bigger. A pound of anything weighs the same as a lb of anything else haha x
Old 08-04-2014, 05:34 AM   #90
Junior LCF Member

Romy - angel flap arms!!! That made me laugh but I know exactly what u mean