Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Atkins Induction (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/)
-   -   Let's do this! (For real this time ;) ) (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/atkins-induction/820276-lets-do-real-time.html)

chelseybelle27 01-04-2014 02:20 PM

Let's do this! (For real this time ;) )

Hi everyone, back again, third year in a row, ready to rock out this year! Looking for old and new buddies to join me to finally reaching goal this year! Post your intros, I love getting to know everyone and also your goals! I am so ready to finally lose this weight once and for all, and I am sure my body will thank me!

My name is Chelsey, I am a nearly 31 year old with a 4 year old son (How did he get so big?! :dunno:) and I have been married nearly 7 years to the love of my life (and at times, my nemesis ;) )

I am a registered nurse, work the night shift on a neurology/stroke floor, so I am constantly educating people on the importance of eating healthy, lowering their blood sugar and blood pressure, stop drinking caffeine, etc. Basically, I am a walking contradiction! I am sure they think that too. Plus, my poor feet and knees hurt so bad and I have no energy, like, ever.

Well, all that's going to change! My poor little boy has only child syndrome and he needs a sibling. Problem is, I think having another at this weight is the worst idea ever. Hypertension, Gestational Diabetes, Fluid retention, etc. (just to name a few.) Yeah, so although to some it may sound counter productive, losing weight just to have another baby is my best idea ever! That way, when I gain some (which I know I will) I wont have as much to lose, and I will already have the tools to be healthy. Plus, I want to look all cute and ya know, pregnant? :p Anyway, off my soapbox now.

So, join me if you'd like, I know I am looking forward to meeting new friends and reconnecting with old ones! We can do it! :jumpjoy:

Mahanna 01-04-2014 02:48 PM

Welcome back chelsey. I am new to the forum. I have lurked and learned from this sight over the past year. I felt that. I needed the support to stay true to this woe. We can do it! Right!

chelseybelle27 01-04-2014 02:51 PM

Welcome Mahanna! Yes, support is crucial! I always stick to it when I post, I am more accountable that way :) Good luck!

Southerngirl 01-04-2014 03:48 PM

Hi Chelsey and Mahanna,
I just joined this site. I have been on a low carb WOE for many years off and on. I lost 100 pounds in 2008, and kept it off for 3 years. With many unfortunate events and life changes, I slowly gained back 60 - most after a hysterectomy in 2012, and a move to Charleston, SC from Hawaii (of 37 years). EVERYTHING is deep fried and breaded here! Well, not everything - great food, but not the most low carb friendly. I'm finding my way. I've lost 3 pounds in 3 days (water probably - but hey - I'll take whatever I can get!!!). I wish you both luck with your journeys. And do either of you know how to create a pic that fits this site? I'm not sure how to minimize a pic with fewer pixels or smaller size - I use a Mac. Maybe that's the problem??

chelseybelle27 01-04-2014 03:59 PM

I know that if you use a website, you can google it, I think something like tiny pic? It will let you minimize the size of your picture, maybe that can help?

Welcome Southerngirl! Hawaii sounds amazing, but I have also heard wonderful things about Charleston! I agree, while I am on the line from north and south, we do love our food here in the "country" and most of it is brseaded and fried, with a side of potatoes! :)

Congrats on the current and past weight loss! I also lost 100 lbs in the past, so we both know this works, but life does get in the way. My goal is to lose and keep it off this time, with a lifetime goal of moderation and discipline. My discipline regarding food is horrible, bordering on addiction, since I turn to it for everything, happy, sad and in between!

Keep posting with us! :)

Southerngirl 01-04-2014 05:57 PM

Hi Chelsey,
Yes, me too in regards to using food as a reward, to feel better if I am down, to celebrate!! Any excuse in the PAST has worked! So now I am trying to find other ways to treat myself. I try and find out how much certain things would have cost me to eat, and then save it. When I get enough saved up, I treat myself to something else (a new pair of jeans, make up, lotion, a massage, etc.)
It's great to find this site. I will definitely keep in touch!

DKells 01-05-2014 02:00 AM

:hiya: Hi Chelsey, Mahanna and Southerngirl.

I'm Danielle. I'm 25 and live in London. I started Atkins back in January 2010 and lost about 49 pounds in 8 months. I didn't maintain that weight for very long but was fairly disciplined, didn't throw everything I learnt out, and have been maintaining steadily at around the 185 mark for a few years now. But I can do better than that. A lot better. 147 is my aim.

Biggest struggle for me is alcohol. I am the Cocktail Queen around here. Luckily for me I like my cocktails VERY strong so hardly any sweet mixtures. Which means I can enjoy them as low carb options. But alcohol often triggers heavy carb eating the next day and can send me on a spiral of bad food choices. That being said, I'm not giving up drinking so it's something to be aware of and I need to keep a VERY close eye on my eating the next day after a cocktail sesh.

Good luck to you all :) We can definitely do this.

- Definitely agree about avoiding using food for reward/consolation. I am NOT going to do that, but will save up and treat myself to non food items when I hit my mini goals.

chelseybelle27 01-05-2014 06:46 AM

Hi DKells! Welcome! Great job on the 49 lb loss in the past and being able to maintain a lot of it! I think thats sometimes the hardest part, the maintaining. Its definitely a lifestyle change because as soon as you go back to carby stuff it creeps back on!

I don't drink but I am a big fan of anything in moderation. My weakness is Diet Coke, and while my ultimate goal is to cut down tremendously, as long as I can drink within moderation and know my triggers from it, I will succeed, and so will you with cocktails! You sound like you like to entertain and you don't want to lose that, so a happy medium is what will be key :)

I also plan to use non-food items as my goal. I had in the past used a "cheat" day as a goal, like, "my birthday is in 3 weeks, if I can make it to then, I can cheat that day." I realize now how wrong that is and only derails me. This year for my birthday (in 3 weeks) the plan is to get a pedicure, manicure, massage...heck, anything but eat the stuff I dont need. I dont even think Ill have cake! My health and well being is more important that cake on my birthday ;) Maybe then, I can have a piece next year!

chelseybelle27 01-05-2014 06:50 AM

Busy day today...taking down Christmas tree, cleaning house and laundry, making burgers, baked wings, and marinated chicken for the week for easy grab and go meals, and then dinner at in laws, which will probably be something brought from home since dinner with them always contains starch and carbs ;)

I am trying to do this as clean as possible for right now, no processed foods, no atkins bars/shakes, just clean food. I will use sauces as long as the sugar is low, and I plan to eat my carbs in veggies. Also, no casseroles for a while, no cream cheese, etc. I will ease myself back into that stuff, just for now, I need to be as clean as possible. My body needs a detox! :)

Hope you all have a great day!! Ill check in later!

MtherGoos 01-05-2014 08:08 AM

Just wanted to add a Big :welcome: to all you ladies!! Looking forward to following your journeys this year! It helps so much to read and post here often.

DKells 01-05-2014 08:08 AM

Hi Chelsey - Thanks :) It was a long time ago and have tried various different restarts but this time feels different.

Yes that's exactly it. I like hosting dinner parties and cocktail parties and of course these kind of things can be dangerous, they don't have to be. You're right, moderation is key.

Sounds like an amazing way to spend your birthday! And just think you'll be reaping the benefits of that for ages. As opposed to then feeling bad that you went off plan.

Yes, admin day for me too today. But it's been productive. I moved a couple of months ago and STILL had odds and ends packed in boxes. They have now all officially found a home, and I also discovered I have about 8 hand creams. No need to buy any more of them all year... :laugh:

I'm eating really clean at the moment. I made a big pot of bolognese on Friday and that has been a treat all weekend. So many flavours and it only worked out just over 6g of carbs a serving.

GyspySixpence 01-05-2014 02:25 PM

Welcome, Chelsey!

I think your plan to get healthy before having another baby is a great idea! And what better goal than a baby???

I lost 44.8 pounds last year, but starting putting weight back on in late December 2012 after my 43 year-old husband had a massive hemmorhagic stroke due to hypertension and almost died. 19 days in the ICU and then he went to a rehab unit at a hospital 90 minutes from our home. He has been very lucky and recovery is on-going, but he's done phenomenal. None of the doctors or nurses can find any medical reason that he's still with us. So I thank you for the work that you and many others do!!!!!

You can do this!

chelseybelle27 01-05-2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MtherGoos (Post 16742600)
Just wanted to add a Big :welcome: to all you ladies!! Looking forward to following your journeys this year! It helps so much to read and post here often.

Thank you MtherGoos! Your losses are inspiring, especially since my current weight and your starting weight are pretty similar! I have always said that if I am not posting, that means I am probably not on plan, and its the truth! I always come back with my tail between my legs though ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GyspySixpence (Post 16743079)
Welcome, Chelsey!

I think your plan to get healthy before having another baby is a great idea! And what better goal than a baby???

I lost 44.8 pounds last year, but starting putting weight back on in late December 2012 after my 43 year-old husband had a massive hemmorhagic stroke due to hypertension and almost died. 19 days in the ICU and then he went to a rehab unit at a hospital 90 minutes from our home. He has been very lucky and recovery is on-going, but he's done phenomenal. None of the doctors or nurses can find any medical reason that he's still with us. So I thank you for the work that you and many others do!!!!!

You can do this!

Wow Gypsy, hemorrhagic strokes are always the worst and your DH is a very lucky man! I am so happy he is doing better, and yes, recovery is always occurring, but he sounds like he is doing well! I worry about my blood pressure, but I know it goes down when I lose weight and also with decreased stress (on my body, mind, etc that having extra weight puts on me!) I am so sorry your husband and you had to go through all that and I wish his a great recovery! Also, congrats on your loss last year!! We can both do this :)

chelseybelle27 01-05-2014 03:11 PM

I made it through what I like to call "Carb Heaven" at my in laws today. Seriously, every Little Debbie, Hersey bar, and bread product ever made lives there. Sigh, it was tough, but I brought a Atkins frozen meal (so maybe I wasnt 100% clean in my meals but it was emergency situations, people! :) ) and I made it through unscathed. A switch has been turned on in my brain and I hope it stays on! I was definitely tempted but stayed strong. Little victories <3

Hope everyone had a great day! We may or may not have snow tonight (forecasts are stupid), but we definitely have below freezing temps tonight and tomorrow...windchill is going to be -20! Thats unheard of for us! Stay warm everyone!

chelseybelle27 01-05-2014 05:11 PM

menu for today:
B- Turkey, bacon and cheese roll-ups (I am allergic to eggs so I don't do the "traditional" breakfasts) (2 carbs)
L- Atkins meal...Beef Merlot (6 Carbs)
D- smoked sausage (at in laws...8 carbs) and 6 chicken wings with ranch and buffalo sauce a few hours later (2 carbs)
S- SF cherry jello with whipped cream (2 carbs)

Total: 20 carbs...but I was so freaking hungry today, tomorrow I will be more prepared! Did NOT eat off plan today and thats half my battle!

chelseybelle27 01-06-2014 07:49 AM

Good morning!

Yesterday was 100% on plan and I felt so good about it :) I woke up this morning feeling good about myself, more energy, and ready to tackle the day! Hope everyone has a great day :)

Menu for today:
B- 2 cheeseburger patties with mustard wrapped in romaine
L- Marinated chicken (either over a romaine salad with ranch or with a side of broccoli)
D- Not sure yet, maybe some variation of what my guys are having or some more chicke wings depending on my hunger level.
S- "fried" cheese sticks (just melted in a pan) with some pizza sauce, SF jello

AsmallerME 01-06-2014 09:44 AM

Hey everyone!! I'm Amber. 33 (this month). Mom of a 4 year old. Soon to be single mom.

Chelsey - so glad you started this thread. I know it will motivate you and me too!! I told you that your breakfast inspired me, so you'll notice it on my menu this week. ;) Good job for being 100 percent on plan!!! Keep that up!!! You'll be in the 80s soon!!!

Gypsy - Hi! That's so scary about your DH. I'd have gained in that stressful situation too.

Danielle - Hi!! Your picture is so pretty!! I'm also a lover of cocktails. But I do like the sweet kind that are full of sugar. :( I need to learn to love shots. ha.

Southerngrl - I like your ideas for rewards. That's what I plan to do too when I have the money to do it.

Today's menu:
B: eggs scrambled with peppers, cheese, and sausage
L: turkey, cheese, mayo rollups -- so good. I meant to add crispy bacon and may do that tomorrow.
D: hamburger with spinach sautéed in garlic and butter

I'm about 25 pounds up from my 2012 low, and I am focused on getting there first. I restarted exercising last week. Hit the gym 4 times. And I have a 5k this Saturday. I feel really good about my level of motivation at this point. :)

kreboca 01-06-2014 10:23 AM

Hi Everyone! I hope it's ok if I join yall! I lurked on this board a lot last year and it helped me lose 30 lbs! then slowly I allowed myself carbs again and sure enough I've gained it ALL back and then some :( I really need to get back on track! Especially, since, like you Chelsey, I want to try to have a baby. I know it wouldn't be the best for me to get pregnant now. I'm hoping posting on here will give me the support I need to do it again and this time for good!!

chelseybelle27 01-06-2014 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsmallerME (Post 16744259)
Hey everyone!! I'm Amber. 33 (this month). Mom of a 4 year old. Soon to be single mom.

Chelsey - so glad you started this thread. I know it will motivate you and me too!! I told you that your breakfast inspired me, so you'll notice it on my menu this week. ;) Good job for being 100 percent on plan!!! Keep that up!!! You'll be in the 80s soon!!!

Gypsy - Hi! That's so scary about your DH. I'd have gained in that stressful situation too.

Danielle - Hi!! Your picture is so pretty!! I'm also a lover of cocktails. But I do like the sweet kind that are full of sugar. :( I need to learn to love shots. ha.

Southerngrl - I like your ideas for rewards. That's what I plan to do too when I have the money to do it.

Today's menu:
B: eggs scrambled with peppers, cheese, and sausage
L: turkey, cheese, mayo rollups -- so good. I meant to add crispy bacon and may do that tomorrow.
D: hamburger with spinach sautéed in garlic and butter

I'm about 25 pounds up from my 2012 low, and I am focused on getting there first. I restarted exercising last week. Hit the gym 4 times. And I have a 5k this Saturday. I feel really good about my level of motivation at this point. :)

Yay! So HAPPY you are here lady! Great job on only being 25 lbs from 2012's low!! Wish I could say the same! AWESOME job on going to the gym too! :jumpjoy: Good luck at your 5k! Are you running alone or with friends? I want to run one alone maybe this spring or fall, I think I'd be more apt to actually run more than if I did it with friends...well, probably because most of them don't like to run ;) Menu looks ah-maz-ing! I have a feeling this is our year to reach goal!

chelseybelle27 01-06-2014 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kreboca (Post 16744335)
Hi Everyone! I hope it's ok if I join yall! I lurked on this board a lot last year and it helped me lose 30 lbs! then slowly I allowed myself carbs again and sure enough I've gained it ALL back and then some :( I really need to get back on track! Especially, since, like you Chelsey, I want to try to have a baby. I know it wouldn't be the best for me to get pregnant now. I'm hoping posting on here will give me the support I need to do it again and this time for good!!

:welcome: Yes, these boards are awesome for motivation and support! Amber and I have been on this journey through these boards for about 3 years now, I think its the only reason I keep coming back lol :)

Good luck with your journey and post often! The more support the better! Do you have any kids now?

kreboca 01-06-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelseybelle27 (Post 16744358)
:welcome: Yes, these boards are awesome for motivation and support! Amber and I have been on this journey through these boards for about 3 years now, I think its the only reason I keep coming back lol :)

Good luck with your journey and post often! The more support the better! Do you have any kids now?

Thanks for the welcome!! I don't have any biological kids... I have 3 older step kids, but this will be my first time being pregnant and all that fun stuff (if/when it happens...and I pray that it does)! I will definitely try to post often, I think this will really help me be accountable....that's one of my biggest issues. I already told myself I'm gonna go to the gym today, so the motivation is already working :up:

chelseybelle27 01-06-2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kreboca (Post 16744559)
Thanks for the welcome!! I don't have any biological kids... I have 3 older step kids, but this will be my first time being pregnant and all that fun stuff (if/when it happens...and I pray that it does)! I will definitely try to post often, I think this will really help me be accountable....that's one of my biggest issues. I already told myself I'm gonna go to the gym today, so the motivation is already working :up:

Awesome! I was 271 when I got pregnant with my son and I got to over 300 lbs when I was pregnant with him. I had a fairly easy and unremarkable pregnancy given my size, but I truly missed getting all the cute maternity clothes and looking pregnant. While, I know I did in the end, I just felt like a big whale lol. And while health is my number one concern, I also have my vanity reasons for the next time around ;) Good job going to the gym!!

AsmallerME 01-06-2014 01:35 PM

Hi Kreboca - welcome to this group!! I love that one of your goals is to lose weight to have a healthy pregnancy!! Like Chelsey, I was overweight when I got pregnant and I also had a great pregnancy. Until week 32. Then everything went wrong. So I would definitely recommend getting into the healthy weight range first. If I ever have children again, I'd make that my prerequisite. Good job going to the gym today!! What are you doing there?

Chelsey - Of course I'd join you! We got this girl!! I'm running the 5k alone. A friend talked me into doing one with her in September and then backed out on me before the race. So I did it alone and enjoyed it. So I signed up to do this one alone. I'd probably rather do it with someone, but then you have to worry about pace. And I am sssssllllloooowwww. :) I like your menu too. I need to add SF jello to my list now. And cheeseburgers for breakfast.

I had to cancel my Tuesday gym session to take care of my DS, but I promptly booked a class for Wednesday. Don't you love how motivated we all are at the start of a new diet? I hope in a few months we are all 40+ pounds skinnier and still going strong!

DKells 01-06-2014 02:33 PM

Hi Everyone.

Amber - Ah thank you for the nice comment on my pic. Wowsers on the 5k! Good luck with that. I wish I had the motivation for running, but I just hate it! So envious of people who enjoy it/stay motivated to do it.

Chelsey - You always have the tastiest menus!

Kreboca - Good luck and post regularly! I know when I stop coming here, it's indicative that I am slipping or embarrassed to post my daily menus etc.

My Monday has been pretty good. I have a very small appetite today. This won't be permanent as I know my appetite very well :laugh: but I also feel absolutely full of energy. Very minimal menu today:
B: Coffee with Coconut Oil
L: 2 boiled eggs
D: fillet of cod with green beans. Fillet of cod cooked in olive oil and a bit of butter for my green beans.
I also had a diet 7up and other than that water, water and more water.

I also watched my housemate consume an entire tub of Ben and Jerrys. He is naturally lean. I hate him... :D

chelseybelle27 01-06-2014 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsmallerME (Post 16744684)

Chelsey - Of course I'd join you! We got this girl!! I'm running the 5k alone. A friend talked me into doing one with her in September and then backed out on me before the race. So I did it alone and enjoyed it. So I signed up to do this one alone. I'd probably rather do it with someone, but then you have to worry about pace. And I am sssssllllloooowwww. :) I like your menu too. I need to add SF jello to my list now. And cheeseburgers for breakfast.

I had to cancel my Tuesday gym session to take care of my DS, but I promptly booked a class for Wednesday. Don't you love how motivated we all are at the start of a new diet? I hope in a few months we are all 40+ pounds skinnier and still going strong!

I love inspiring people with my unlikely breakfast choices...eggs be damned ;)

That is kind of what I was thinking about the 5k, Id like to do it at my own pace...run when I want to, walk when I want. I did one with my sister and she had knee replacement surgery so she couldn't run too much, but that was also like 40-50 lbs ago for me, so honestly, I probably couldn't do it now either! That is a goal of mine though...and to run the whole thing!

I sure hope we are still this motivated in a few months! I better be, DH is VERY adamant about the whole baby thing and hes not giving in. If you remember, we wanted one last year but I just couldn't lose the weight! He said "Nuh uh, I don't want to lose you and I want you to be healthy first." So sweet, but it was frustrating that he wouldn't give in...now I am thanking him!

chelseybelle27 01-06-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKells (Post 16744776)
Hi Everyone.

Amber - Ah thank you for the nice comment on my pic. Wowsers on the 5k! Good luck with that. I wish I had the motivation for running, but I just hate it! So envious of people who enjoy it/stay motivated to do it.

Chelsey - You always have the tastiest menus!

Kreboca - Good luck and post regularly! I know when I stop coming here, it's indicative that I am slipping or embarrassed to post my daily menus etc.

My Monday has been pretty good. I have a very small appetite today. This won't be permanent as I know my appetite very well :laugh: but I also feel absolutely full of energy. Very minimal menu today:
B: Coffee with Coconut Oil
L: 2 boiled eggs
D: fillet of cod with green beans. Fillet of cod cooked in olive oil and a bit of butter for my green beans.
I also had a diet 7up and other than that water, water and more water.

I also watched my housemate consume an entire tub of Ben and Jerrys. He is naturally lean. I hate him... :D

Danielle, I am starting to finally benefit from the decrease appetite too, I love that perk! Mine seems to come and go, like I might be ravenous, but then I get caught up in something and drink some water and I'm not hungry for a while again. I also love that you are feeling the energy burst! I got a lot done today with the energy that I finally have today! :)

PS...time usually catches up with those naturally lean males...My DH is turning 35 next month and was metabolically blessed his whole life. Now, not so much ;) He is 6'5" so he is still lean looking, but he has definitely gained weight and now knows he cannot eat whatever he wants! I have never been that metabolically blessed, more like challenged! :hyst:

Trismama 01-06-2014 02:49 PM

Hi!

I'm new. Everyone can just call me Rolly and I'm 25 and a mother of an almost 2 year old toddler. Looking to lose my baby weight with a target of 160 for now. Just started today!

chelseybelle27 01-06-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trismama (Post 16744814)
Hi!

I'm new. Everyone can just call me Rolly and I'm 25 and a mother of an almost 2 year old toddler. Looking to lose my baby weight with a target of 160 for now. Just started today!

:welcome: Trismama! I love that age, their little personality comes out! Join us, I love having lots of support, it helps us stay with it and accountable :) Best of luck!

quietblissgirl 01-06-2014 08:15 PM

Hi! I'm new too (well for about the 3rd time). I'm 46 and so tired of being the frumpy chubby mom. In my head I'm still so cool, but that chick in the mirror is bringing me down! hahah. I have an 18 yr old boy and a 9 yr old girl, husband of many years and am moving back to the frozen tundra of Illinois at the end of the month after a 7 month 'follow your dream move' that didn't work.

I am so excited to learn from everyone! So, lets do this thing!!

AsmallerME 01-07-2014 07:11 AM

Good morning everyone!!

Quiet - that's really neat that y'all tried to follow your dreams. Even if it didn't work out, at least you scratched the itch. Welcome to the group!!!

Chelsey - I'm glad your husband is being firm with you on the 2nd kid. You don't want to be in the 300s when you deliver. You know you want to be a cute, healthy, pregnant lady. Keep strong and you'll be there before you know it!! And your son can just reap the benefit of all of your love for now.

Rolly - Welcome!! 2 is an awesome age. My little guy just turned 4. Enjoy it because they are still babies now but man, once they hit 3ish, they want to be treated like little children and will constantly tell you they are kids and not babies. haha. How'd your first day go?

Danielle - I so wish I loved to run. I used to a decade ago. But man it's so hard now. I force myself through the motions because I know it's something I used to love and I keep hoping that I will again. But so far, not so much!! And I'm slllllooooowwww at it. But I did start to spin again and so far I really like it. It's semi-addicting.

Menu for today:
B: coffee w/ cream and splenda (one cup only); handful of almonds
L: rollups again (forgot the bacon again)
D: hamburger with a fried egg and sriracha sauce on top