Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 05:02 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chelseybelle27
Stats: 300.3/284.2/healthy :)
WOE: Extended Induction
Start Date: 08-25-14
Good morning!

Thanks Amber for the compliments! Let do the c25k this spring! I am hoping it helps to have a buddy My energy failed me around 4pm, probably because I was up and moving since 8am, but oh well, I needed to rest and hang on the couch

Oh and the all beef ones were the ones I checked at the store! 4 carbs per hot dog I prefer Hebrew National anyway, just wish they werent so expensive!

285.8 this morning! Almost 10 lbs gone! I am hoping that in 10 more lbs, some of the cute scrub tops I have hidden away in my closet start to fit, that would be pretty close to where I was wearing them last year I have just been chugging along and didnt drink as much diet coke yesterday.

One issue is TMI, but normally I have belly issues, like no problems using the toilet (IBS) but now its the opposite. I know this always happens to me, and I am glad my stomach doesnt constantly hurt, but I think I may need to up my fiber in my veggies and see if it helps. I hope so Anyone have any ideas on it? Maybe magnesium? It also may be the iron in my prenatal vitamin I take?

Have a WONDERFUL day!

Goal #1: 265.0 (Back to where I was last year!)
Goal #2: 240.0 (Back to where I was 2 years ago, seeing a trend )
Goal #3: 215.0 (Almost there!)
Goal #4: 195.0 (GOOOOOAAAAL!)
chelseybelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2014, 12:54 PM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/127.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Chelsey, I take Magnesium every day just to keep everything "regular" and it definitely helps.

If you're craving a hot dog, I've found Boars Head to be one of the best for staying low in carbs. They are high in sodium though, and I always show a water gain the next day, but it goes away the day after.
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:51 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks MtherGoos! I will check out Magnesium if it doesnt start to work itself out soon. I will check out the hot dogs too, I just had to eat a hot dog the other day due to traveling reasons and no other option on the hotel buffet for the evening, so I was looking up the carb count at the store the next day. I had no idea they were so high in carbs, especially all beef! I dont necessarily like hot dogs, but gotta do whatcha gotta do

Heading to work tonight, hope you ladies have a great evening! Will check in before I head to bed tomorrow morning
Old 01-14-2014, 07:18 PM   #64
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Husker64
Stats: 324/319/190
WOE: Atkins LCHF
Start Date: Sept. 1, 2014
I'm new to this forum, but I have lost 35 pounds some years ago on L.C. my advice is to first of all be kind to yourself...the weight WILL come off, I try to take it 15 min at a time. I work at a college cafeteria and we have an excellent in house baker, needless to say the doughnuts talk to me as well as the fresh pasta bar! But there is also a fresh salad bar and grilled chicken breast etc. so it really comes down to " choices " for me...best of luck to you it sounds like you have great motivation!
Husker64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 09:09 AM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
Gah! You are totally right about them being 4 carbs. I checked before I saw that you posted that you had already checked the all beef ones. That's super high. I always assumed they were 1-2 when I ate 2 of them. I had no idea it was 8+ carbs alone in those things. Glad you reminded me how important checking can be!!!

Hi Husker!! I hope you continue to post with us. I cannot imagine working near fresh baked goods. Nope. I'd do terrible!!!

How is everyone else doing?

This is my "maintain" week with lots of obligations/celebrations/life events. I've been reading Chris Powell's carb cycling book and may try that out eventually. I also hit the gym hard yesterday. I'm loving that. I can feel my body getting smaller - maybe it's all mental, but I don't care!!
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:42 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietblissgirl
Stats: 180.00/178/130
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/12/14
I found these Oscar Meyer Beef All Natural Hot Dogs (no nitrates, etc) and they only have 1 carb per dog. They are pretty delish too.

I'm on W2D4 and am doing ok. Up a pound since yesterday but could be anything. I'm not worried since my net carbs have been below 20 all week. I'm finding that I'm really not hungry much, which is great. And that BP coffee is really an energy booster.

Last night made a delish mashed cauliflower bake with cream cheese... It was so filling! The smell made my 18yr old boy gag- but I told him it was payback. hahah

Start Date : 2/12/14
quietblissgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:08 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katsue82
Stats: 182/155/135
Start Date: January 2013
Quote:
Last night made a delish mashed cauliflower bake with cream cheese... It was so filling! The smell made my 18yr old boy gag- but I told him it was payback. hahah
Oh i just love subbing cauliflower for EVERYTHING! I made cauliflower fried "rice" last night with some "orange" chicken and it was AMAZING!!!

Hi Husker!!! Great to have you!

So, i have to share a mini-rant with you all, because only you all will understand! I was out watching my UK Wildcats play basketball last night and decided to have a rum and diet. Afterwards i switched to water. Well, the game went into overtime, so I call the bartender over and said "I'll have another rum & diet, please". She responds with, "Oh, did you say Diet the first time?? Because I totally gave you regular Coke" The glasses were very, very small so I hope it doesn't wreck me. But if I'm going to majorly cheat, I want it to be on my own terms, preferably involving Taco Bell in some form or fashion
katsue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:29 PM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Katsue, that's one of my PET PEEVES! I drink a lot of Diet Coke, so when we go out to dinner, I ALWAYS ask again when the waitress brings my drink... "This is DIET, right?" Nothing sends me into a frenzy like taking a sip and realizing it's regular. I'm with you, if I'm going to cheat, it's going to be something better than Coke!
Old 01-15-2014, 12:47 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Yes, I drink WAAAAAAAY too many diet soft drinks, but it's never really affected my weight loss, so I keep doing it! Normally, I can spot the difference between diet and regular right away but I guess the rum covered it up so I didn't notice! Bleh!!!
Old 01-15-2014, 12:50 PM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yup, me too. It's the one and only indulgence that I haven't given up. And I can definitely taste the difference on the first sip. I'm so paranoid that, whenever possible, I actually watch them go over to the soda machine and dispense it. LOL. Okay, I'm a little obsessive.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:19 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

No, not obsessive at all!!! Your weight loss is absolutely phenomenal, so everything you're doing must be right!

I do feel horribly bloated today. I'm hoping it's all the salt from the soy sauce in my "rice" and not the contraband Coke )
Old 01-15-2014, 01:28 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah! Thank you!!

I would think it's more likely the soy sauce. Give it a day or two and it should be gone.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:49 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Hey guys, quick check in. I had such a busy night at work last night so I am absolutely exhausted...back to round 2 tonight :/ I will try to post tomorrow when I have a day off. I stayed on plan last night though, honestly all I had was an atkins bar since I was too busy to eat! I hate that I keep using them, but they are so easy in a pinch!

I did see 285.0 on the scale when I got home from work, so while I am not counting it as a weigh in until Friday, thats 10 lbs exactly (and thats even after drinking water and diet coke all night too! )

Have a great day and I will definitely get to personals tomorrow!
Old 01-16-2014, 03:57 AM   #74
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: charmer
Hi guys, I hope you don't mind me jumping in!!! I have been flicking through this thread and you all seem like such a supportive group!!!
My name is Manda, I'm a 25 year old sonographer from NSW Australia, and this is my first time on the Atkins program and I'm having quite good success! My goals are quite superficial to be honest, my family are waterskiers and im really looking forward to feeling comfortable in a swimsuit.
Soft drink is my biggest weakness, I love the stuff, I have been drinking diet but I'm concerned about the aspartame effecting my losses.... But I just can't seem to tear myself away....
charmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:15 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DKells
Stats: 215/179/147
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 15th January 2010 - Restart 18/08/14 at 196lbs
Checking in! sorry for my absence. Was on a course for work and it was in the middle of absolutely nowhere. It was utterly pointless as well. Got to love HR departments

Looks like you are all doing well.

It was really hard to eat completely fresh and clean on my course so I have bounced up a couple of pounds on the scale, but I'm not worried. Just going to be eating very clean for the next couple of weeks.

Will catch up with the thread and post again soon.
DKells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:31 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Hi Danielle , good to hear from you!!!

Manda!

London and Australia! Love that the thread is international!!!

Someone send me some motivation to workout today. I brought my clothes to run over lunch, but it's snowing right now! Argh. Must jump on the treadmill when I get home. Having bratwurst and sauerkraut for lunch. Know that isn't ideal, but needed something quick this morning since I overslept.

Weigh-in tomorrow morning and hoping to see some progress.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursday!!!
Old 01-16-2014, 11:17 AM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmer View Post
Hi guys, I hope you don't mind me jumping in!!! I have been flicking through this thread and you all seem like such a supportive group!!!
My name is Manda, I'm a 25 year old sonographer from NSW Australia, and this is my first time on the Atkins program and I'm having quite good success! My goals are quite superficial to be honest, my family are waterskiers and im really looking forward to feeling comfortable in a swimsuit.
Soft drink is my biggest weakness, I love the stuff, I have been drinking diet but I'm concerned about the aspartame effecting my losses.... But I just can't seem to tear myself away....
Charmer, I haven't given up my Diet Pepsi, and I drink a LOT of it. Everybody is different though, so I would say to just try and see what happens. It hasn't hurt my losses any.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:46 PM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

Kat - I hate when I'm accidentally "carbed" in restaurants or bars. At least it was just one small glass. The bloat will go away by tomorrow probably. And yum to your brat and sauerkraut! I love that!!! Go workout tonight! I have my gym clothes at the office and am changing shortly to hit the gym. I'm going to do a 60 minute spin/row class tonight. So do it with me!!

Hi Danielle! I am having an "off" week this week too. Will hit it hard again starting Sunday. We got it next week.

Chelsey - WTG on seeing 285!!! First 10 pounds GONE!!!!

Charmer - Welcome!! Most people don't seem to have issues with diet sodas and weight loss. So keep drinking it if you like it. I try to moderate my usage, but mostly because I'm concerned about the healthiness of it (or lack thereof). What are you eating? What are your goals?

Mthr - I love how close you are getting to your final goal in your signature!! That's so awesome!!

So like I said, I haven't contributed much this week because it's been a half hearted week. I promise I'll be much more post-happy starting Monday. I'll be back on plan hard core on Sunday. I plan to do a full day of grocery shopping and prepping for an easy week next week. Even though I've had off plan meals, I've been exercising a bunch. Oh, and I need to get a tape measure so I can start doing biweekly measurements or monthly or something.

Sorry for the ramble!
Old 01-16-2014, 06:45 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Amber !!! I didn't have the best workout, but I did a quick mile on the treadmill, squats, and a bunch of ab work. Much better than doing nothing at all
Old 01-16-2014, 10:58 PM   #80
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: charmer
Thanks for the advice asmallerme and mthrgoos re soft drink, I think I will keep drinking some but a cut back can't be a bad thing, it's good to know I can still go out and enjoy a diet with dinner (I'm not a big alcohol drinker)

Currently I'm just trying to eat really clean lots of green salads, eggs and salad meats, salmon, boiled chicken etc (it's the middle of a heat wave where I am so my diet is suited to summer)
I don't have huge weight loss goals as some of you others do (I have so much admiration for your commitment) I'd like to lose 15kg- approx 30 pounds. Which would put me in the "average" BMI range

Katsue I can sympathise with your lack of motivation today!!!good to see you got out there and into it!!! I'm about to pull on my gym hear and get into it..... Squats for me tonight too,bleagh!
charmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:35 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Weighed in this morning, 283.2! Woo hoo! Bye bye 12 lbs Today is day 13

I am just so tired though, work is kicking my butt. Then I get home and get my butt kicked again. DH isnt really much help as he is exhausted as well, something has to give. I may be looking for a day shift position if I cannot get it together But I love my night shift girls. I really have to evaluate this and talk to my husband, whenever we both get a free moment haha, thats a joke right there

Welcome Charmer!

Hi MtherGoos!

Great job on the workouts Amber and Kat!!!

Sorry if I missed anyone!

Gotta hit the grocery store today, blah
Old 01-17-2014, 05:35 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Charmer! I love this group too.

Chelsey girl - you are doing such a great job with your shift issues. That would totally jack me up.

I had a horrible day yesterday. I told you ladies that I was moving back to the tundra (Northern Illinois) after trying for 7 months to live in my dream place, Florida. Well yesterday, the place that laid me off in November called about a temp-to-perm job. I died. Looking at about 40 packed boxes, with the truck coming in a week and someone moving into my apt the next week. I had to say no, but it sent me into a tail spin.

Suffice it to say that there was raisin bran, pizza and tiramisu involved. I told myself that it was too much to be moving, looking for work, etc - and to try to stick to low-carb.

But, then- I woke up and told myself that my eating IS something I can control, so get back to it. I look to you all for support, and know that I really appreciate it!!
Old 01-17-2014, 05:49 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Margi- I am so sorry you had to deal with that, there have been many days recently I just wanted to dive in to the donuts on the counter, the yummy brownies in the pantry, gosh, pretty much everything. I am such an emotional eater. You are right, diet is something only YOU can control so GREAT job getting back at it! I hope the move is flawless for you and that even though FL didnt work out, you have loads of opportunities in IL!
Old 01-17-2014, 08:31 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GyspySixpence
Stats: 194.8/150.8/Restart 174.2 CW: 143.8 GW135 (5'3")
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: June 5, 2012/Restart November 29, 2013
Margi, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. It sounds like when my husband and I tried Southern California in the late 90's. Where in Florida were you? I ask because DH and I are planning to move down in about a month.
GyspySixpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:34 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Chelsey!! I'm a big donut fan myself, well- just about anything with flour and sugar. hahah

Gypsy - we are in south Brevard, Satellite Beach. It's the most wonderful beach town. Just two block from my apt right now, there are at least 3 dozen manatees hanging out in our canal. The area is safe and clean and well, borders an ocean and two rivers - so it's our island paradise. I will come back again, but maybe not until I retire. Where in FL are you moving??
Old 01-20-2014, 11:31 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Hey everyone! Bad weekend for me, and now I have the stomach flu...somehow I wonder if they are all related? I honestly feel as if I have a gluten sensitivity because I go off carbs, tummy issues go away, eat carbs, tummy issues come back (bloating, diarrhea, upset stomach, etc.) Enough to keep me away for good. I feel horrible and I hope everyone is doing much better than I am!
Old 01-20-2014, 07:47 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CaughtULokN2
Stats: 225.8/ 225 / 175 or less
WOE: Low carbing it / Atkins
Start Date: 01/19/11 - Restarting 1/20/2014 @ 225
Hey all.....

Hey. I see a couple old friends here. You care if I join in the journey with you all? It's been a real roller coaster ride since I was last here and I stuck to my guns and stayed around a good weight this time. So I am back to square four and ready for a new year and a new me!
CaughtULokN2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:39 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Tina!!! I've missed you!

I'm with ya lady! I need to stick to my guns too! We can make a definite change this year!

I was feeling better this morning and actually able to eat and reminded myself why I love this WOE. 2 cheeseburgers topped with bacon and bleu cheese and a side salad with bleu cheese. Sure, maybe a little extravagant for breakfast, but considering I went a whole day without food, I felt like I deserved it I am full and satisfied!

I still havent weighed in, probably wont until Saturday...give myself a good few days on plan. I am crossing my fingers seeing how bad I felt going off plan that I dont do that again any time soon! This was enough to keep me on the straight and narrow for a while, even if it wasn't connected to my eating at all! Shhh...I am telling myself it was!

Hope you all have a great day! Work tonight and then another 3 days off...good, I need it!
Old 01-21-2014, 11:43 AM   #89
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning ladies!! I had a rough weekend. It was mostly planned, but I did overindulge - dang emotions getting in my way.

Hi Tina! Welcome back!! Look at your siggy. I think you mistyped 2014. Or maybe you are working on maintenance for 2043!!

Chelsey - welcome back on track!! Me too. I ate bad this weekend and felt bad. Hmmm...wonder why!!?? How did the talk with your husband go? Are you going to try to get extra help or switch to days??

Margi - I am also going through a failed attempt at something (my marriage - haha) and I want to say F it all and eat crap, I mean carbs until my emotions and life settle down. But I can't. Eating healthy is totally within our control and will ultimately make us both feel more settled and happy. We got this!! ((hugs))
Old 01-21-2014, 01:33 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Hi Ladies...just wanted to check in.

I too had a TERRIBLE weekend, both emotionally and eating wise!! Now I feel like crap! Haven't eaten a thing yet today, but planning to get on track tonight and tomorrow.

Bleh. More to come later! Let's all get back to it!!