Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2014, 08:13 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chelseybelle27
Stats: 300.3/283.0/healthy :)
WOE: Extended Induction
Start Date: 08-25-14
Welcome Quiet! I agree with Amber, even though your "dream: didnt work out, its pretty awesome you went for it anyway! Good luck with the move and welcome to the group!

Amber- I agree 100% now, but I tend to be a little spoiled at times lol. A switch turned on this year, and I am hoping that switch takes me all the way to goal and baby #2.

I have a problem, and its due to my work schedule. I wake up every evening at like 2am and tend to stay up until 5 or 6. I scan fb or watch shows online during this time, and I always get hungry! Its because 3 days out of the week, I am awake and at work from 645pm-730am and my body just wakes up! I always go to bed early with my son to try to get some sleep, its just broken sleep. I hate to take anything, and I can function still, so I just live with it.

Problem is, I worry what this will do with my weight loss. I am losing for now, but its only really day #3 and I know a lot of it is water, so I worry what will go down when I am losing actual fat. I guess I will just cross that bridge when I get there I worry also about taking anything to help me sleep, with carbs being in medications and what kind of effect it may have, but I might have to do some melatonin eventually. We'll see. No day shift positions right now, and there is quite a cut in the money, but honestly, once one becomes available, DH and I think I should take it. Crossing fingers!

Okay, so day#2 hardcore is down in the books! Plan today is to eat breakfast (done) and then take a nap during the afternoon (so no lunch), and then eat dinner before work tonight. With my weird schedule I have to space out my meals a bit. I havent really done LC or any diet since starting this schedule so its going to be a work in progress. Thanks for listening and letting me hash out my issues here

290.8 this morning! I am hoping to see the 280s by next time I weigh on Thursday! Hope everyone has a great day!

B- Sausage patties
L- nap time!
D- marinated chicken, green beans sauteed in butter (yum!)
S- SF jello, maybe a cheese stick

Work dinner (usually around 2am)- more chicken and green beans

Goal #1: 265.0 (Back to where I was last year!)
Goal #2: 240.0 (Back to where I was 2 years ago, seeing a trend )
Goal #3: 215.0 (Almost there!)
Goal #4: 195.0 (GOOOOOAAAAL!)
chelseybelle27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2014, 09:47 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
Chelsey - Don't worry about the eating at weird hours. Everything I have read really suggests that it doesn't matter when we eat, just how much we eat in total. So if you eat at 3AM, realize the scale may read heavier for you at 7AM than mine when I weigh on an empty stomach and you still have food in yours. But our weight loss/fat loss should be the same - the scale may fluctuate more for you but it's not real weight. So keep doing what you need to do and if the loss stops, then just check calories.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:16 AM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kreboca
Stats: 276.8/285/180
Start Date: 1/2/13 restart: 1/6/14
Good Morning! And hello to all the other newbies

How often does everyone weigh in? I just don't think I can handle every day. I don't want to become too obsessed with the number right now, I just want my clothes to not feel like they're suffocating me anymore! I'm thinking I'll weigh every Monday. I also just want to FEEL better again. Last year when I lost 30lbs I felt great! I actually felt much healthier if that makes sense. I know I was still very overweight, but even just losing that amount helped my body out a lot & I felt good about myself!

Menu for today
B: 3 Eggs scrambled with sausage and cheese, 1 cup of coffee with cream and splenda
L: Roasted chicken leg quarter & green beans
D: Not sure yet, maybe chicken again with some veggie side
kreboca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:01 PM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Kreboca - I try to weigh daily. I sometimes miss a day or two, but I try daily. For me, the constant reminder helps me. I get delusional when I drop 20 pounds and think that I'm skinny and then I rationalize cheating. I also can convince myself that it's just a little carb creep and if I avoid the scales, I start to gain. But if I weigh daily, it's harder to fool myself. But I understand the need to weigh less often. I think it's a personal decision.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:44 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kreboca
Stats: 276.8/285/180
Start Date: 1/2/13 restart: 1/6/14
Thanks, AsmallerMe! Yea I definitely can see both sides and have always been a daily weigher in the past. I'll see if I can make it just weighing once a week! lol! That bathroom scale is just so tempting!!

On another note--does anyone know how many posts I have to make to be able to have a signature??

~Kristine
kreboca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:10 PM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

I think it used to be 30 or 35. Just post here 10 time per day and you'll be there by the weekend.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:53 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DKells
Stats: 215/179/147
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 15th January 2010 - Restart 18/08/14 at 196lbs
Hello Everyone

I pretty much weigh every day, but don't take too much notice. It's just a ritual I'm trying to get into to get the scales out in the morning. Like Amber, I need it to keep me on plan. I tend to lose the first chunk of weight quickly before it levels out to a normal rate and I get complacent. Seeing the numbers is a factual reminder I'm not even close to goal yet.
DKells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:58 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: quietblissgirl
Stats: 180.00/178/130
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/12/14
Thanks for the welcome ladies! Today was my 3rd day and found my hunger has gone down quite a bit. YEA. Not much loss on scale (.4 I think), but my waist has already gone down 1 inch. I'm sure its water - but who cares!

Chelsey - my sleep is all messed up too. I can't seem to fall asleep until 2-3 am lately. I did order that "CALM" supplement, which is supposed to help. The upside is that after I walk my daughter to school, I sleep right through to lunch. (EEK)

I also weigh every day. I can't help myself.

Start Date : 2/12/14
quietblissgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:08 AM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Margi - Yay for the waist measurement!! That's great. The scale weight will catch up soon. I'm glad your appetite is decreasing. Mine hasn't yet and I'm finishing 1 week today.

Danielle - Yep, we are in the same boat with needing a daily reminder of how far we need to go.

Today is the end of my first week! I feel good and solidly on plan. I have plans to exercise tonight - 45 minute spin. I'm excited about that. It's been fun so far. Yep, fun!! I checked the scale and it was up today. I have no idea why and I'm annoyed. Hopefully tomorrow it will correct course.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:28 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Hey everyone!

I also like to weigh everyday, but with my schedule I dont tend to take too much stock in my nights I work overnight at work. I am weighing and tracking based on the nights I have a full nights rest though! Keeps me accountable, and I can tweek anything if it goes up (although even the most on plan day can make you go up unexpectedly!)

Amber- I wonder if its your muscles holding on to the water due to exercise? Either way, you are doing the right thing, no matter what the scale says! Keep it up lady

Quiet- thats awesome about the waist measurement! My hunger is way down too, I just love when that kicks in

Kreboca- I totally get obsessed with the number on the scale! But, I know for me, I still have to weigh every day or I will allow myself to slack a little! I also cannot wait for my clothes to stop suffocating me...I refused to buy any new ones, so its been mostly yoga pants for me

I am so stinking tired today! Just woke up (Thanks to mu DH for letting me sleep!) I was so proud of myself last night, I made it the whole night staying true to plan!! I wasnt even starving at 7 am like I normally am! I had a moment at about 3am when I just wanted something sweet (and I normally hit up the vending machine) but I grabbed a SF jello and it helped. It probably also helped that I was busy so I didnt have much time to think about food! I will weigh in tomorrow, I hope it says 280 something

Menu:
B- 2 cheese sticks
L- nothing, I slept!
D- cheese burgers, broccoli, side to dip it in
S- SF jello,
I am sure there will be something else in there to eat, I just got up so my brain is a little fried
Old 01-09-2014, 02:12 AM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Hey all! I'm up bright and early because I cannot sleep, joy.

Weighed in this morning, 287.4!!! Whooshed right in to the 280s

Hungry so I'm eating tuna plain and some cheese. I feel like a 20 something male bachelor

Ill post later...little man finally gets to go back to preschool today after a long winter break and a closing due to extreme cold! He's so looking forward to it
Old 01-09-2014, 07:13 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Congrats!! Woot Woot!! I'm so happy for you Chelsey!

Made a crustless quiche last night- so i'll be eating that this am for late breakfast.

Most likely a salad with tuna for lunch.

Making a pork roast tonight with baked cauliflower mash -and a few sugar snap peas... mmm

And packing packing packing. UGH. Dreading going back to the freeze zone!!

Last edited by quietblissgirl; 01-09-2014 at 07:23 AM..
Old 01-09-2014, 07:27 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Margi- Pot Roast for us tonight too, mashed cauliflower for me...how funny! At least packing burns calories, right? Sorry, haha, trying to help!

I have been starving today, so I am feeding myself, but very low carb. Afraid the scale may go up, but since I am not weighing tomorrow morning, Saturday or Sunday, I am still hoping for a loss by Monday. We are actually going out of town this weekend to a "shotel" as my son has always called it, with my sisters and my nieces and nephews. SO excited, but it will be my first challenge. Packing lots of good snacks, even a dinner if needed for the evening, and breakfast will be sausage at the hotel. We will be heading the the aquarium on Sunday, so I even looked up the menu (looks like salad or a burger will be my best bet.) I will be prepared, and I will accomplish it!

First, I have to make it through 2 nights at work...I work on a very busy unit, so I am not worried anymore about work, I just had to make it through the first night to know I was okay

Hope everyone is having a great day! I am kind of afraid of not weighing until Monday, but unless I pack my scale (which I am half tempted to do lol) then I don't have a choice since I work overnight and the scale wont be telling me the truth Even more motivation to stay on plan!
Old 01-09-2014, 09:59 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Chelsey,
I am very interested in what/how much you are going to pack. When we do our actual move on the 24th- we will pretty much be on the road for 3 days. I think I can do ok with restaurants, steak- veggies, lots of butter, etc. BUT I'm a huge snacker in the car. ugh. In fact, I best get rid of my gigantic bag of twizlers that I have in there now! eek
Old 01-09-2014, 10:38 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DKells
Stats: 215/179/147
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 15th January 2010 - Restart 18/08/14 at 196lbs
Hi Everyone :-) Hope you are all well

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseybelle27 View Post
Weighed in this morning, 287.4!!! Whooshed right in to the 280s
Excellent, Chelsey!

I've been so busy with work and feeling really drained. But eating is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietblissgirl View Post
And packing packing packing. UGH. Dreading going back to the freeze zone!!
My sympathies are with you. I detest packing. On every possible level!
DKells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:55 AM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey ladies!!!

Chelsey - woo hoo!! WTG on wooshing into the 80s!! I'm excited to see what you pack and how you do too over the next few days! I'm sure you'll do great!

How's everyone doing? Feeling in the groove? Want to post some menus? I'd love to see them!!!

I am taking a 2 day hiatus from the scale. Yes, I realize the irony since I just posted like 4 posts ago that I weigh daily, but it is bumming me right now. I have gained 1 pound each of the last 3 weigh ins. I realize it's not real weight, but it's pretty annoying to see. I'm just going to keep doing the good stuff and weigh again Saturday or Sunday.

Tonight I have a class with spinning, rowing, and TRX. I'm excited. I want to look like the little cute girls in my classes. One day...
Old 01-09-2014, 12:07 PM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Mahanna
Stats: 278.8/271.8/175
WOE: Atkins/Induction
Start Date: December 31 2013
You are all doing so good! I slipped up last night. But I'm right back on today. I think I need to start weighing everyday so I know what foods are causing a stall or not. I need to be more strict with counting my carbs. I have been drinking kook aid with stevia as my water. That means 2qts daily. Is this bad?
Mahanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:41 PM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Mahanna - I'm with you. I may need to be more strict too. I may start logging my calories on Monday just to see where I'm at. But I'm going to enjoy the next few days and see what happens first. And as for the kool aid, that may be an issue. Some of those drinks can be close to 1 carb per glass. Maybe count something there into your total. What does the container say?
Old 01-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/127.6/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Chelsey, that's an awesome drop! Congratulations!!! Don't worry, you'll most likely find that traveling with this way of eating is EASY! I did a lot of traveling this summer, took several road trips, and even had 2 surgeries and never went off plan. It's much easier, in my opinion, than trying to eat out and count calories. If you just stick to the basics like steak, eggs (NOT scrambled!), cheeseburgers with no bun, and things like that, you'll find it so easy to do.
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:37 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone! I am exhausted, but will try to post more later (if not, today, then for sure tomorrow before I leave!)...off to bed!

PS, another successful night of LC at work
Old 01-10-2014, 06:44 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Good job, Chelsey!!

I attended an hour long workout class last night and got an awesome burn. The instructor said she wanted us to want a puke bucket and I got close to that sensation. I was dripping in sweat. It was fantastic!! I almost weighed today, but since I felt skinnier, I didn't. I'm going to enjoy how I feel today instead. Tomorrow is my 5k. It may be raining and if so, I'm not doing it. I was sick for almost 3 months straight so I refuse to run in the cold rain. If it's raining, I'm going to attend a spin class instead of the 5k.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:02 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Amber- good luck on your 5k! I think its a very good idea to skip it if its raining, with your sickness! Colds and flu have been horrible this year and no reason to go and welcome it You are rocking the workouts!!! Sorry the scale isnt being kind, but you are making a change, so I agree...enjoy yourself right now!

Margi- twizzlers are my favorite!
Heres my packing plan:
Drive/Hotel on Saturday: they provide a dinner which is mostly snacky stuff, so I will eat a big salad from the salad bar and then bring an atkins meal. As far as the car ride (its only 1 1/2 hr) I will have slim jims, cheese sticks, cucumbers, sunflower kernels, and SF jello. This will be snacks at hotel since kids will be bringing in junk food I am sure (they range in age from 3-14 )

This will be the same for the drive home. Lots of water, and probably a diet coke. It would be harder if I was driving farther, honestly I wont really probably need them, but I will be prepared just in case. The hotel has a fridge so I will use that with cold packs.

As far as Sunday goes, I will eat sausage from the hotel breakfast bar, but thats about all they have for me to eat, so I will make sure I have some cheese too, I might even break down and get an atkins bar to help me curb hunger and have it in my purse while we are at the aquarium. While there, they have a restaurant which has burgers and salads, so I will make the best choice possible. My family thankfully is super supportive, my oldest sister has done LC for years and has kept it off, so shes a great support!

I think the biggest thing is to stay motivated, be prepared and not giving in to temptation. I will let you know how I did Sunday night

MtherGoos- thanks for the kind words and encouragement!! I wish I could have eggs, that would make things much easier, but I am allergic. Some days though, I just wish I could eat some lol

Mahanna- Great job getting back on track! I think the kool aid isnt such a great choice? I usually try to stick with plain water, but I have heard good things about the Mio drops!

Danielle- Sorry youve been so busy! Glad eating is good!!

Sorry ladies, I had to catch up, but that was long! I may not get to post until Sunday night, but have a GREAT weekend and I will try to catch up then!
Old 01-10-2014, 02:35 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katsue82
Stats: 182/155/135
Start Date: January 2013
Chels: I'm jumping on your thread here too Have a safe trip! Sounds like you have it perfectly planned out!

Menu for today:

B: 5 Sausage Balls
L: Buffalo Chicken lettuce wraps
D: Most likely a burger with bleu cheese crumbles and some broccoli

Exercise: Week 3 Day 2 of 5K Runner and 8 minute abs.

The week is over, everyone!!! (At least in the Eastern time zone)
katsue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:40 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Chelsey - I think your plan is great! You sound well prepared for your drive. I know we aren't supposed to eat the Atkins bars/shakes much, but I definitely plan on having those in my car!

Tried the Bullet-Proof coffee this morning, and loved it. Well, except for the fact that it blew the lid off my blender initially- coffee must have been too hot. After I cleaned it up- I tried again and loved it. Felt really ill later in the day, hoping it wasn't from the BPC. All I wanted was toast, but since that was a no-go, made a bowl of the ricotta-pumpkin hot cereal thingie. It was fabulous. Will definitely make that my go-to comfort food. (I know pumpkin is not on induction, but had to do it!)

Have a great weekend all!
Old 01-13-2014, 04:03 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsue82 View Post
Chels: I'm jumping on your thread here too Have a safe trip! Sounds like you have it perfectly planned out!

Menu for today:

B: 5 Sausage Balls
L: Buffalo Chicken lettuce wraps
D: Most likely a burger with bleu cheese crumbles and some broccoli

Exercise: Week 3 Day 2 of 5K Runner and 8 minute abs.

The week is over, everyone!!! (At least in the Eastern time zone)
Hey Kat!! Good to see you! We do need to start back that C25k! You will pass me by because I plan to start in the spring when it warms up a bit, but you'll be a pro by then and can help me through the rough patches Oh, and how do you make these sausage balls you speak of? Sounds like something I need in my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietblissgirl View Post
Chelsey - I think your plan is great! You sound well prepared for your drive. I know we aren't supposed to eat the Atkins bars/shakes much, but I definitely plan on having those in my car!

Tried the Bullet-Proof coffee this morning, and loved it. Well, except for the fact that it blew the lid off my blender initially- coffee must have been too hot. After I cleaned it up- I tried again and loved it. Felt really ill later in the day, hoping it wasn't from the BPC. All I wanted was toast, but since that was a no-go, made a bowl of the ricotta-pumpkin hot cereal thingie. It was fabulous. Will definitely make that my go-to comfort food. (I know pumpkin is not on induction, but had to do it!)

Have a great weekend all!
Funny enough, I didnt even need anything for my drive! I was pretty content with a diet soda and since I had a car full of kids, I had them to deal with too

I have never tried bulletproof coffee...Honestly I do have a horrible stomach due to a childhood illness that I should probably steer clear, but I hope it didnt make you sick!
Old 01-13-2014, 04:16 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Okay, so weekend is over and I am still recovering It was FUN, my son had a blast and so did I, and we needed to just get away!

Food wise, I had many victories. First, we got there and ate "dinner" at hotel. It was mostly kid food (hot dogs, mac and cheese, chips and dip, etc.) They did however also have salad and celery sticks, so I loaded up on a couple hotdogs, celery and a small salad. Victory #1.

Then I didn't really have a reason to snack and we were tired after swimming so we all turned in early. I didn't get too much sleep due to my horrible insomnia and the fact I was not at home (I don't ever sleep well away from home), so I woke up to an atkins bar because my belly was rumbling at 430am! For breakfast the hotel had not many LC options so I made a sausage crumble with sausage patties, cheese, diced ham and salsa. Considering this was amidst waffles, biscuits, potatoes, oatmeal and donuts, I call this Victory #2!

Then the aquarium...first, SO much fun! We got to pet sharks and sea creatures and my son was so happy! So we didn't eat there, I did split an atkins bar with my son though (he loves those things ) and then we went to 5 guys after since it was right in the same area. First though, we stepped inside a candy shop filled with yummy goodness and DS and I just hung around while my sisters and nieces and nephews loaded up on the sugary stuff! I am trying to keep DS away from the sugar too (although hes not overweight by any means, I just want to show him the healthy way ) so thats Victory #3.

Lastly, I got a bunless burger with cheese, mushrooms, pickles and lettuce from five guys and hid my son's extra fries in the bag (since they give you a million of them!) and I made it through lunch too! Victory #4!! There were times I'd say, "oh one bite won't hurt" but then my brain clicked on and I resisted! It is much easier to say no, then to start the carb cravings! I am happy with my weekend on LC!

I did weigh in today...286.8. So while its not a huge loss for 3 days, its still a loss and I consider it a victory too! I drank way too much diet soda this weekend and not enough water, so my goal for the week is to detox my body from the sodium I consumed this weekend and the diet soda I drowned myself in

Hope you all had a GREAT weekend!!

Amber- did you get to do your 5k? If so, how did it go?!
Old 01-13-2014, 09:17 AM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey girls!!

Chelsey - I'm so proud of you for having a great weekend!! Your resolve impresses me!!!! Keep doing this each week and you'll be at goal #1 before you know it!!!

The 5k was rained out so they canceled the event. I did a killer workout on Sunday to more than makeup for it though. I promised myself I'd do a 5k this year and wanted to knock it off my "to-do" list in January, but I guess I'll have to find one later this spring maybe. It's probably for the best since I hadn't really "trained" yet and wouldn't have been proud of my time. ha

My weekend wasn't as great as Chelsey's as far as food goes. I had a few slipups but I'm back on track. I'm going to call this a maintain week because I have a handful of events planned and I know I'm going to have a few issues this week. But I have 4 exercise sessions planned and lots of healthy on-plan food for the rest of the week. Just one of those weeks were life gets in the way. So goal is to maintain this week.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:23 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: katsue82
Stats: 182/155/135
Start Date: January 2013
Hello Ladies!!!

Chelsey: Wow...yes...MAJOR victory. Traveling is the absolute hardest, especially when surrounded by so many temptations. Something about being in the car for long periods of time just makes me want to eat! But yes, being down is amazing!!! CONGRATS for staying strong!

Amber: I'm sorry your 5K got rained out, but sounds like you more than made up for it!! I hope to get to the 5K point eventually. One day, running and I will become friends (hopefully).

I stayed on track all weekend. Even went out with the guys to watch football yesterday and drank coffee and water while they had beer (I really wanted one!!)

I did make a few cinnamon apples on saturday morning, but I had fruit going bad and didn't want to let them go to waste. Know it's not induction friendly, but I had a very small portion (prob equivalent to 1/4 of an apple). Only on Atkins would an apple make you feel guilty
katsue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:34 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

I looked up the carb intake on the hot dogs, just because I was curious. Ball Park hot dogs are 4 carbs a piece and I had 2. Oh well, I'll know better next time Good thing I only ate 2!

Amber- thanks lady, I just had a mindset that if I denied it, it would be easier than if I ate it because I would just want more! Sorry about your 5k, maybe if we can find one around the same time in the spring, you can motivate me to do it! Your time will for sure be better than mine by then, you workout queen! Good job!!

Kat- I love cinnamon apples! Good for you for sticking to just a little! My problem is portion control, so I have to take that kind of stuff out completely. Good job staying on track while out too! Rocking it

I am treating today like my Sunday and getting my food prepared for the week. I have marinated chicken going and I am going to saute a head of cabbage in butter, I got some fresh sausage I will grill to add to the cabbage and just have as meals too.

I am loving my energy though, I have to say that! Normally, all I want to do is hang out on the couch, but I have actually been wanting (well, I use that loosely ) to clean on my days off! My house is cleaner now than it has been in a good 6 months

Non LC related news: I got a letter in my mail today from the nursing director at the hospital I work at. Apparently, my nurse manager had spoke to her, and she said she spoke very highly of me as a nurse and how I am taking on roles such as charge nurse and training new nurses and how she said I was "awesome"...this really made my day! Nursing is hard, very hard, and some days you just dont know if you are doing a good job, so this really helped me feel better. I guess I'm doing something right!

Last edited by chelseybelle27; 01-13-2014 at 11:43 AM..
Old 01-13-2014, 01:34 PM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Awww, good work Nurse Chelsey!!! I bet you are a fantastic nurse!! Good job with the energy and preparing for the week too. You are doing great. I'll totally train with you in the spring with you are ready. I can do the c25k with you as well. I workout now and am okay with jogging, but I can't steadily run 2 miles straight or anything so I'd love to do that.

Kat - I LOL'd at the Atkins/apples thing. It's so true. Only on Atkins... Good job avoiding the beer. That's hard work. I hope to one day be BFFs with running too. I feel like it's in my blood - my dad was an avid runner most of his life (until his 50s). And I used to love to run. So I hope to get back to that space eventually.

And I had no idea ballpark dogs were that high in carbs. I'm going to check mine in the fridge tonight. They are the all-beef ones. I wonder if that makes a difference. Hmmm.... Will let y'all know.