Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Atkins Induction
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2014, 11:45 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CBussey64
Stats: 278.8/264.8/175
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: January 1, 2014
New Year ~ New Changes ~ New Me

I lie awake this morning ... crying because and this may be TMI when my husband touched me I tried hiding ... I hate my body. I hate it. I had spent 2 years working out ... injured my hip last June on the stair stepper and in that time since gained 30 lbs and all my muscle tone is gone!!!! I can't stand to look in the mirror ... I have cellulite where I never had it and no energy and no confidence anymore.

I made an appt a few weeks ago with a bariatric surgeon ... for January 29. It kills me that I've thought of this route but basically I feel helpless.

I've done Atkins before, lost a lot of weight and (you know the story) gained it back.

I've now heard that even with bariatric surgery you are doing low carb basically as well; so between now and the end of January going to commit to low carb ... see what happens. I know surgery isn't easy and it's not a quick fix and I can gain it all back as well. So I'd rather try it with low carbing first and see what happens.

I will try to post and I will need a lot of support and I'm asking for it because I don't like the way I feel ... I don't like hating myself.

CBussey64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2014, 04:52 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Oh Sweetie, I'm so sorry for what you're feeling and going through. I totally understand! Don't beat yourself up, just take one day at a time. Focus on doing a really clean induction. Focus on getting your head in the game and taking control of your life and your body one day at a time.

Come here often to post often and read often. When I'm feeling like I want to cheat or quit, I come here and read and post and it helps me to have the support and friendship that you'll find on these boards.

We're all here for you.
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:59 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: princessmommy
Stats: 207/184/145
WOE: Low Carb!
Start Date: May 21 Yet Again!
Welcome! I know a Lot of us have been where you are. My cousin had lapband surgery almost 2 yrs ago and while she's doing Incredible it has been a very long haul for her, she does eat LC also. Please post often and we will help and support you in Anyway we can.
princessmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:41 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CBussey64
Stats: 278.8/264.8/175
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Sorry it's taken me some time to reply; been doing a lot of soul searching and thinking.

Just had a long talk with hubby, as he, too has gained a lot of weight.

Frankly surgery is not what I really want I guess I was thinking, hoping praying it would be a quick fix and I know it's not plus the risks ... Ugh.

I'm diabetic, I have high blood pressure ... and then I read that you have to eat low carb after the surgery anyway.

So we (hubs and I) have decided to go the low carb route again. We're taking this week to either eat or get rid of the carby stuff, as we just went grocery shopping ... we're going to work on a shopping list, and I'm printing out all the induction stuff .... he was cute he said "I can still have bacon right" and I just looked at him and said IT IS MEAT isn't it? LOL!!!

Anyway ... I'll be posting on here when we start and I'll be looking for support the whole way because I need it ....

Thanks for all your input and I'm glad I thought about this before doing something that might have been harmful in the end.
CBussey64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:53 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/126.0/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
I'm glad you're going to be doing this together! My BF and I have been on this journey together too, he's down 60 pounds, and it's made a big difference. It's just become the way we eat now, it's not even a diet any more.

We'll all definitely be here for you, so post often and jump into one of the challenges!
MtherGoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:16 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Outlander1974
Stats: 275.4/270/165
WOE: Atkins Inducton and EFLW
Start Date: 12/1/2013
Be encouraged!

This WOL isn't easy, but it is better than the alternative! You are so lucky to have someone else to do it with - the burden of all the meal planning and cooking shouldn't be all on you! Getting all the carbs out of your home is the first step. Good luck!
Outlander1974 is offline   Reply With Quote